Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Herald Leader: Rating the State
lillianhidgepork Wrote:Whitley will continue to look good as long as they play the teams(other than Clay) they have played so far. Let see how Whitley does against Sacred Heart at Mercer then we can talk gutman.

What happened Pork? A close loss to a team, who you obviously thought was going to slaughter Whitley. I cant believe all your past post im looking at..... it gets good :hilarious:
I dont have two alias. Only one. I told you that I just know alot of good teams and players and coaches.

I have never said Whitley was not good, not ever. I think they have some nice players, just not WNBA players like you think. As a matter of fact I didnt really care about all this till you started baiting Wizzard and whoever they are didnt have anyone to take up for them against the all knowing gutless. ( I will not call you that anymore when you quit calling me names, you are not above the rules either)/ I just like the underdog sometimes and not a smart *** like you who feeds off others and needs someone to feel big too. Im a lone wolf who dont care and dont need someone to pat me on the back.

I broke down my reasons, whether right or wrong on what I thought by player, not like you( who dont even know who the players are) and although I am probably wrong according to Williamsburg logic, I at least said why I thought what I did, unlike you who took someones else list and went to KHSAA and looked at records and make a fair guess from someone who dont know as much about basketball in this state as they would like some to believe.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:If I was just a average girls basketball fan your list would make sense, however thats not the case. You talk about Manual having no chance of knocking off much anyone but I am sure you forgot the fact that they are playing without three starters at this point, one wont be back, one back soon and the loss to Anderson the other was out of state with their parents. But I am sure you knew that already and just didnt want to look like a know it all.

Also no need to overlook Sacred Hearts loss at Danville at team who took Lincoln to two overtimes just last night, because their arguably best player or second best player Raven Merriweather went down with a knee injury at the Nike Tourney of champions with about two minutes left in the championship of the bracket that they were in. Also in a bracket they won against some pretty good teams.

Anderson County has a good team and on paper may very well deserve the 2 ranking to casual fan, but any student of the game knows when its all said and done they wont finish two.

Also dont put down teams like Ashland( who has a top 100 player in America in her class like Robinson) and some other really good role players around her, and Glasgow, who also has Bre Glover a potential top 2016 player who has colleges drooling all over her ( Not NAIA for all you guys either) and Shaekilia(SP?)Smith who will play low D1 or D2 ball herself and the Greer kid who is a NAIA guard but still as good as most guards you have seen.

But I am sure you already knew this and was just waiting on one of my so called no substance posts to point this out to your followers.

And Bolt, Tackett has laughed loud.

why? What do you know about Anderson County? They have two D1 players and at least a couple of NAIA/D3 level players. I see no reason why they can't maintain their current level of play.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:I dont have two alias. Only one. I told you that I just know alot of good teams and players and coaches.

I have never said Whitley was not good, not ever. I think they have some nice players, just not WNBA players like you think. As a matter of fact I didnt really care about all this till you started baiting Wizzard and whoever they are didnt have anyone to take up for them against the all knowing gutless. ( I will not call you that anymore when you quit calling me names, you are not above the rules either)/ I just like the underdog sometimes and not a smart *** like you who feeds off others and needs someone to feel big too. Im a lone wolf who dont care and dont need someone to pat me on the back.

I broke down my reasons, whether right or wrong on what I thought by player, not like you( who dont even know who the players are) and although I am probably wrong according to Williamsburg logic, I at least said why I thought what I did, unlike you who took someones else list and went to KHSAA and looked at records and make a fair guess from someone who dont know as much about basketball in this state as they would like some to believe.

Im glad you agree porky.
magicfan217 Wrote:why? What do you know about Anderson County? They have two D1 players and at least a couple of NAIA/D3 level players. I see no reason why they can't maintain their current level of play.

Trust me when i say its useless to bother with porky.
He is the end all, be all of girls high school basketball.
Sometimes i often wonder how such a great mind of our time is limited to a computer screen. :blabbermouth:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I know Bolt personally. Along with about 4 other Whitley fans on the site. They just dont post much. A couple of them know you. It all makes sense. Also, before anyone gets any ideas, note it is against the rules to have multiple accounts. If you do so, you will get perma banned.
I hate to break this to you....but, no person you know,....knows me. So keep trying to make sense of it all...If you think you could actually ban someone from this sight, then I got some ocean front property to sell you in Jellico, TN. They might ban the name or e-mail account, but that would be it. Keep fighting with "pork" he is keeping you real busy, and we are loving every minute of it!! :rockon:
Wizzard you cant argue with these people, they know everything about basketball. Magicman I know that Anderson has one good player, and one good player isnt going to be standing at #2 when it ends.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:Sorry double post, but here would be my top 10 to start:

1. Marion County
2. Mercy
3. Anderson County
4. Manual
5. Madison Central
6. Sacred Heart
7. Bowling Green
8. Butler
9. Ballard
10. Etown

This list looks pretty good to me.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:Wizzard you cant argue with these people, they know everything about basketball. Magicman I know that Anderson has one good player, and one good player isnt going to be standing at #2 when it ends.

I would say that they have two good players, MacKenzie Cann and Eriel McKee. That may not get them to #2 when it ends, but both are very talented. They also have quite a few solid players around them.
Cann is a great player. McKee needs some work. Cann can play.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You cant watch enough high school games around the state to garner an accurate top 25. Thats why every ranking is a complete joke.

As far as I know Dave Cantrell has never watched a high school game, all he did is create a computer program (much like the one used by BCS football) to rank teams according to game results. This is his FIRST rankings of the season. As the season goes on the rankings will level out. By the time the district tournament starts his rankings are much more accurate.
-
Along with the Lit rankings of the Courier-Journal these are the ONLY full state rankings we have to discuss and cuss.
-
We can argue among ourselves about how accurate they are but it is not any fun to argue with a computer program.
-
I was trying to find out if the Courier had released their Lit rankings and found another top 25 rankings, this one from USA Today.....
-
Rankings powered by Massey Rankings as of Dec 18, 2012
-
1 Marion County
2 Anderson County
3 Sacred Heart
4 Madison Central
5 Mercy
6 Bowling Green
7 Ballard
8 Henderson County
9 Dupont Manual
10 Monroe County
11 Paul G Blazer
12 Lincoln County
13 Butler
14 Dunbar
15 Elizabethtown
16 Newport Catholic
17 Franklin County
18 Glasgow
19 Conner
20 Rockcastle County
21 Notre Dame
22 Danville
23 Bishop Brossart
24 Pleasure Ridge Park
25 Whitley County
-
http://www.usatodayhss.com/rankings/supe...3?state=KY
-
-
Region 13
-
1 Whitley County
2 Clay County
3 Harlan County
4 Bell County
5 Corbin
6 South Laurel
7 Harlan
8 Barbourville
9 Lynn Camp
10 Knox Central
11 Pineville
12 Middlesboro
13 North Laurel
14 Williamsburg
15 Jackson County
16 Oneida Baptist
17 Red Bird
-
http://www.usatodayhss.com/rankings/supe...5&state=KY
-
According to some Whitley is #1 team in America.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:Wizzard you cant argue with these people, they know everything about basketball. Magicman I know that Anderson has one good player, and one good player isnt going to be standing at #2 when it ends.

If this is what you believe then you clearly haven't seen Anderson play very often. Cann is a great player, but she has a lot of really good players around her including Mckee who is actually the team's leading scorer.
magicman I stand by my statement and prediction.
catscards Wrote:-
I was trying to find out if the Courier had released their Lit rankings and found another top 25 rankings, this one from USA Today.....
-
Rankings powered by Massey Rankings as of Dec 18, 2012
-
1 Marion County
2 Anderson County
3 Sacred Heart
4 Madison Central
5 Mercy
6 Bowling Green
7 Ballard
8 Henderson County
9 Dupont Manual
10 Monroe County
11 Paul G Blazer
12 Lincoln County
13 Butler
14 Dunbar
15 Elizabethtown
16 Newport Catholic
17 Franklin County
18 Glasgow
19 Conner
20 Rockcastle County
21 Notre Dame
22 Danville
23 Bishop Brossart
24 Pleasure Ridge Park
25 Whitley County
-
http://www.usatodayhss.com/rankings/supe...3?state=KY
-
-
Region 13
-
1 Whitley County
2 Clay County
3 Harlan County
4 Bell County
5 Corbin
6 South Laurel
7 Harlan
8 Barbourville
9 Lynn Camp
10 Knox Central
11 Pineville
12 Middlesboro
13 North Laurel
14 Williamsburg
15 Jackson County
16 Oneida Baptist
17 Red Bird
-
http://www.usatodayhss.com/rankings/supe...5&state=KY
-

The 13th is exactly how i had them listed in another thread.

It seems there top 25 in the state is much closer to mine then someone elses i know....
catscards Wrote:As far as I know Dave Cantrell has never watched a high school game, all he did is create a computer program (much like the one used by BCS football) to rank teams according to game results. This is his FIRST rankings of the season. As the season goes on the rankings will level out. By the time the district tournament starts his rankings are much more accurate.
-
Along with the Lit rankings of the Courier-Journal these are the ONLY full state rankings we have to discuss and cuss.
-
We can argue among ourselves about how accurate they are but it is not any fun to argue with a computer program.

Cant disagree with you there.
Good post.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:I hate to break this to you....but, no person you know,....knows me. So keep trying to make sense of it all...If you think you could actually ban someone from this sight, then I got some ocean front property to sell you in Jellico, TN. They might ban the name or e-mail account, but that would be it. Keep fighting with "pork" he is keeping you real busy, and we are loving every minute of it!! :rockon:

Nobody has said anything about banning anyone.
You are not allowed to have two accounts on this site. Sure, you can work around it, but we can see more than just your IP.
I caution you not to try.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The 13th is exactly how i had them listed in another thread.

It seems there top 25 in the state is much closer to mine then someone elses i know....

All that makes is both of you wrong......:lmao:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Nobody has said anything about banning anyone.You are not allowed to have two accounts on this site. Sure, you can work around it, but we can see more than just your IP.
I caution you not to try.
Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut
I know Bolt personally. Along with about 4 other Whitley fans on the site. They just dont post much. A couple of them know you. It all makes sense. Also, before anyone gets any ideas, note it is against the rules to have multiple accounts. If you do so, you will get perma banned.
Confusedilly: Man I need some of what you are smoking......must be some goooooooooooooood stuff!!!!
He wont even acknowledge he said that wizzard. I called him out and quoted him calling me names, the same thing he edited my post for, sent me a PM warned me about, yet he keeps calling me names on here. He is above the law. But I agree its fun to catch him in his little white LIES that he doesn't do or say these things, lol..and he thinks he is making us look bad...
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut
I know Bolt personally. Along with about 4 other Whitley fans on the site. They just dont post much. A couple of them know you. It all makes sense. Also, before anyone gets any ideas, note it is against the rules to have multiple accounts. If you do so, you will get perma banned.
Confusedilly: Man I need some of what you are smoking......must be some goooooooooooooood stuff!!!!

Reread. I never said i was banning anyone. I was telling you the rules. If you feel as though you need to continue to push them, good luck.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:He wont even acknowledge he said that wizzard. I called him out and quoted him calling me names, the same thing he edited my post for, sent me a PM warned me about, yet he keeps calling me names on here. He is above the law. But I agree its fun to catch him in his little white LIES that he doesn't do or say these things, lol..and he thinks he is making us look bad...

Your so clever and witty.
I thought i seen you the other day.....

Your to easy. HDE called it right the other day. You've turned into one of "those" posters who are stuck on one issue and will never let it go.
Looking at your last post, this is the only thread youve posted in in forever. Telling me im not getting to you is the biggest lie ive ever seen on this board. Its the only reason you get on the site anymore.

[Image: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OdCx7pACI9M/TQ...ky+Pig.jpg]
While all this is going on, my predictions and what i said about the 13th is exactly whats happening Confusednicker:

Its good to be right.