•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Middle School Players and Teams around
kyfun Wrote:who has Lone Oak played? Why is Bowling Green the 1 seed? Bowling Green not very impressive last year and they are number 1. It is a very different game when you play good teams.

Mayfield 2 times Paducah 2 times Trigg county Hopkinsville Marshall county Graves County. I dont know much about most but let me tell you Mayfield and Paducah are for real. Mayfield and Paducahs success in winning highschool state championships is a direct result of good middle school programs. Of course what would us guys who teams dominate football all the way to 12 grade know about the quality of football that Lone Oak plays.
Its hard to tell if Lone Oak is for real because they always get beat early in the Playoffs. I think we know what it takes to win. Look at the previous state champs from all divisions for the last few years. Most west teams just don't see good teams until they go east. They moved the Pulaskis out of the west just to give the west teams a chance to advance.
That's funny. Mayfield has 8 state championships. Paducah Tilghman has 3 or 4. Fort Campbell has several. Hopkinsville has several. :thatsfunn:thatsfunn
Confusedmoke:
mysonis55 Wrote:That's funny. Mayfield has 8 state championships. Paducah Tilghman has 3 or 4. Fort Campbell has several. Hopkinsville has several. :thatsfunn:thatsfunn

This comment would hold some weight in the high school forum, but not in the middle school forum. It's worth about as much as a dingleberry here. Just for the record.
Lose early in the playoffs? Lone Oak the past 3 years: 2009 7th Grade lost in the state championship game, 2010 Lost in the state semi-final, 2011 lost in the state semi-final. They have made it to Lexington the past three years and these three years are the only years they have started to compete in the state playoffs. They have been one of the most consistant teams that have represented the teams from the west and the entire state playoffs.
This is a middle school forum. The KYMSFA was formed in 2008, how many times has Lone Oak been to the championship game? Why tell me how good they will be in 4 years, tell me how good they are now. Lone Oak really needs to play teams outsinde their backyard.
Not only those teams but Lone Oak hosted a jamboree where they played two St. Louis Teams and one Nashville Team. Lone Oak will play anyone anywhere
kyfun Wrote:Its hard to tell if Lone Oak is for real because they always get beat early in the Playoffs. I think we know what it takes to win. Look at the previous state champs from all divisions for the last few years. Most west teams just don't see good teams until they go east. They moved the Pulaskis out of the west just to give the west teams a chance to advance.

Sorry how could us poor little Western Kentuckians understand winning football. Lets be honest take 7th grade for example. Mayfield didnt raise the money for our 7th grade to participate in the tournament. We won the West KY conference over Lone Oak 42 to 0 who is in the 7th grade tournament. But honestly we are ok with that. Our 8th grade is going and will make some noise. But the 7th grade tournament will not be seeing the best west ky conference team. That is not knock on Lone Oak who will compete but just based on the fact that Lone Oak couldnt beat Paducah 7th or even Graves 7th they were probably the 3rd best 7th grade team in our conference. So the Pulaski's know how to win Middle School football just odd it doesnt translate into championship HS football heck alot of years Sommerset beats them so they are not even the best in their own county
The made it the finals in 2009, made it the semi-finals in 2010 and 2011. They have played Hopkinsville, North Drive and Trigg Co as their out of conference schedule and would have loved to play any Bowling Green Teams but would have had to travel 3 hours to play them. We asked Northern and Southern Pulaski to play in our jamboree this past year but they declined because it was too far to travel so we replaced them with two St.. Louis Teams and one Nashville Team. Who do else you suggest us to play?
FlashFan Wrote:The made it the finals in 2009, made it the semi-finals in 2010 and 2011. They have played Hopkinsville, North Drive and Trigg Co as their out of conference schedule and would have loved to play any Bowling Green Teams but would have had to travel 3 hours to play them. We asked Northern and Southern Pulaski to play in our jamboree this past year but they declined because it was too far to travel so we replaced them with two St.. Louis Teams and one Nashville Team. Who do else you suggest us to play?

Wow Coach! Sounds like the Pulaskies ducked yall. Lol!
I agree that we should win the whole thing and we are trying like crazy to do so but we have made at least the semi-finals the past 3 years and have played top competition during the regular season. Maybe we should hold back our entire team this like others do because most of our players very young and could easily do that but we choose that acedemics are more improtant than holding someone back.
FlashFan Wrote:The made it the finals in 2009, made it the semi-finals in 2010 and 2011. They have played Hopkinsville, North Drive and Trigg Co as their out of conference schedule and would have loved to play any Bowling Green Teams but would have had to travel 3 hours to play them. We asked Northern and Southern Pulaski to play in our jamboree this past year but they declined because it was too far to travel so we replaced them with two St.. Louis Teams and one Nashville Team. Who do else you suggest us to play?

Why would a Pulaski team travel to Lone Oak when they could play the best of the best within an hour and a half radius? I'll bet it's fun making the finals isn't it? It feels even better winning one...or two in our case. You should try it.
rednblackattack Wrote:Wow Coach! Sounds like the Pulaskies ducked yall. Lol!
That is funny! I have alot of respect for both Pulaski Teams and Sommerset because their coaches are classy people so that is why I invited them to our jamboree. They are just to far from us and that is the same reason we can't plat every great team in the state either no matter how badly we want to play them.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Why would a Pulaski team travel to Lone Oak when they could play the best of the best within an hour and a half radius? I'll bet it's fun making the finals isn't it? It feels even better winning one...or two in our case. You should try it.
It must be fall breakk where the middle school kids can get on these boards durig the mornings with these responses.

We would love to win it all and are trying like crazy to do so. Someone just questioned us getting beat early in the playoffs each year so that is why we showed them the three straignt years of semi-finals. Someone also questioned our schedule and just wanted to point out who we try to schedule and have scheduled.

Good luck in the playoffs but from the sound of it you won't need any luck and we should go ahead and mail the trophy to you!
FlashFan Wrote:It must be fall breakk where the middle school kids can get on these boards durig the mornings with these responses.

We would love to win it all and are trying like crazy to do so. Someone just questioned us getting beat early in the playoffs each year so that is why we showed them the three straignt years of semi-finals. Someone also questioned our schedule and just wanted to point out who we try to schedule and have scheduled.

Good luck in the playoffs but from the sound of it you won't need any luck and we should go ahead and mail the trophy to you!

I'm pretty confident you can go ahead and mail it to Region 4. However, with Bell, Knox, Johnson, Northern, & Southern...the team is still to be determined. I would consider the next best 4 to be Lone Oak, Bowling Green, Farnsley, and Union. I'm sure LO is a good team, I just haven't seen it yet. Going strictly on what I hear.
Wildcat18 Wrote:I'm pretty confident you can go ahead and mail it to Region 4. However, with Bell, Knox, Johnson, Northern, & Southern...the team is still to be determined. I would consider the next best 4 to be Lone Oak, Bowling Green, Farnsley, and Union. I'm sure LO is a good team, I just haven't seen it yet. Going strictly on what I hear.

Then you are not hearing from the right people. I have lived all over the state have volunteered coached at several different places and have seen tons of football in all shapes and forms and as Mayfield fan I will tell you LO is as good of an 8th program I have seen
wildcat18 Wrote:i'm pretty confident you can go ahead and mail it to region 4. However, with bell, knox, johnson, northern, & southern...the team is still to be determined. I would consider the next best 4 to be lone oak, bowling green, farnsley, and union. I'm sure lo is a good team, i just haven't seen it yet. Going strictly on what i hear.

keep showing no respect... Write all the coments you want we hang them in the locker room for inspiration ...we keep telling our players no body knows who we are ... Nobody thinks we have a chance ...we will soon see...strap em up tight when you come for the wildcats..be ready to play a full game
rednblackattack Wrote:Then you are not hearing from the right people. I have lived all over the state have volunteered coached at several different places and have seen tons of football in all shapes and forms and as Mayfield fan I will tell you LO is as good of an 8th program I have seen
Thanks RedNBlack! I can say the same thing about Mayfield. They are very good and a class program. Whoever plays Mayfield better be ready to get their head knocked off because they are the hardest hitting team we have faced all year including the 2 St. Louis teams and the Nashville Team.

I have seen Butler Co. and they are very good so that would be a great game if they both make it to the regional finals. You never know what happens in the playoffs except if you are from Pulaski.
DOUGHDADDY Wrote:keep showing no respect... Write all the coments you want we hang them in the locker room for inspiration ...we keep telling our players no body knows who we are ... Nobody thinks we have a chance ...we will soon see...strap em up tight when you come for the wildcats..be ready to play a full game

That's a good thing you do with the comments, as do we. You have to earn respect, it's not given. Motivation is a plus, but it can only take you so far. It's one dimension and the game of football is a mulit-dimensional sport. I know a lot about your Farnsley team. They're a great team, the best in Louisville. Good luck to you all.
Keep sleeping on these western kentucky teams. Lone Oak will win D1. and if Mayfield don't win D3 they will be well respected. And i have no choice but to say that Paducah will win D2 that all depends on their head coaches.
You all read it for yourselves, this is exactly what is wrong with most teams in Kentucky, they dont understand how to get better. They just basically said, It doesnt matter that you win high school state championships, because middle school is more important. Brilliant, Brilliant, thats what we are doing wrong. I must let coach Joe know what is important, thank you Einstein. Without you we could never figure out how to play ball in Western Kentucky. I thought the general idea was to play elementary and middle school football to get better for High School. Is that how your kids get their scholarships. Or is it just a thing that you dont go to school after middle school still in the eastern part of the state. We do not have to talk up our teams guys, I can tell you for one that I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that our boys are ready for sure. All I can tell you is if we get to see your sons along the way have them wear some extra padding cause it is coming.:ChairHit:
I hope you guys keep thinking Lone Oak is soft, because they may have that chip on their shoulders when they get there. I expect #8 will score at least 2 td's per game throughout the playoffs, whether it is receiving or whatever other way they decide to use him. I also suspect the same out or #8 for our little unchallenged paper champion Mayfield Cardinal team. I guess by that philosophy we shouldnt even show up tomorrow at War Memorial because Owensboro Catholic is quiet a bit east of us. That's alright I have another year to console my son from getting beat up on by you mighty mighty east guys.:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:
Who beat Lone oak last year in the seventh grade playoffs? I know southern didn't have a game closer then 2 touchdowns.
I could be wrong, but i don't believe S.Pulaskis 8th grade has lost a game since they were 6th graders. Not saying were are unbeatable, but these kids are focused on finishing up in Lexington The coaching staff has been together for years and are pushing the guys hard to get the hardware. Not taking any game lightly we have had some very close games this year.Good luck and safety wished for all players and those who attend the games.
kyfun Wrote:Who beat Lone oak last year in the seventh grade playoffs? I know southern didn't have a game closer then 2 touchdowns.

Who cares. Thats last year. Players hit puberty, You get transfers, players go out for a team that didnt before Kids catch up physically to holdbacks and kids develop more so at the middle school age than any other. To give you an example in the 6th grade championship Lone Oak beat Mayfield last year but this year in the 7th grade championship Mayfield beat Lone Oak 42 to 0. During the regular season Lone Oak got beat by Mayfield 32 to 20. A kid in 7th grade can be 5ft3 and weigh 130 lb one year later that kid can be 180 and 5ff10. Also when you have kids that age it takes awhile to find the best position for a kid because they can change so.much physically. So comparing this year to.last is not always the best way to scout another team.
I agree teams can improve from one year to the next. North Pulaski has 5 new players that did not play last year on 7th grade from injuries,transfers,etc. The team is much better this year and will challange Southern for the 8th championship. If you have some transfers that has made a huge difference in you team you may be a contender. If you think that because they are getting older and growing Lone Oak is now a 20 point better team against Southern, NO Way! Most of the kids for the Pulaskis teams have played tackle football together for their schools teams since the first grade. They put in more time practicing and conditioning than any school in the state. The youth school teams were put in place 10 years ago to improve high school football. As you can see it has shown to have improved the middle school teams to be the best in the state and will at the high schools Level soon.
kyfun Wrote:I agree teams can improve from one year to the next. North Pulaski has 5 new players that did not play last year on 7th grade from injuries,transfers,etc. The team is much better this year and will challange Southern for the 8th championship. If you have some transfers that has made a huge difference in you team you may be a contender. If you think that because they are getting older and growing Lone Oak is now a 20 point better team against Southern, NO Way! Most of the kids for the Pulaskis teams have played tackle football together for their schools teams since the first grade. They put in more time practicing and conditioning than any school in the state. The youth school teams were put in place 10 years ago to improve high school football. As you can see it has shown to have improved the middle school teams to be the best in the state and will at the high schools Level soon.

Well that is where your lack of football knowledge shows. I just told you how Mayfield turned around Lone Oak by over 40 points from 6th to 7th grade happened. Mayfield dresses 17 kids do you really think new players made the difference. So you think a Qb who didnt have the strength to throw past the line of scrimmage last year develops and now can throw with strength and accuracy to a kid who dropped balls last year and now is catchinh them or a running back who was fast now developing cuts and when to hit the hole or kick it out cant make up 20 points. I have seen it on the HS level grade school and middle school level. Heck an offensive line learning technique and leverage and how to get off the ball faster can give 20 points to your offense. That is not even counting defense where improvement can effect that same 20 points. As for how hard you work and how much you practice Mayfield Middle started when the Hs did which is a you are legally aloud to start and went full pads when the HS did as well. I cant speak for Lone Oak but i am really betting they did to. So if the Pulaskies were going beyond that it might have been illegally, not sure Middle Schools have to follow the same rules so it could have just been unethically. The Automatic assumption of the practice and work ethic of teamsyou couldnt possibly know anything about tells me alot about your football knowledge and your probable age.
rednblackattack Wrote:Well that is where your lack of football knowledge shows. I just told you how Mayfield turned around Lone Oak by over 40 points from 6th to 7th grade happened. Mayfield dresses 17 kids do you really think new players made the difference. So you think a Qb who didnt have the strength to throw past the line of scrimmage last year develops and now can throw with strength and accuracy to a kid who dropped balls last year and now is catchinh them or a running back who was fast now developing cuts and when to hit the hole or kick it out cant make up 20 points. I have seen it on the HS level grade school and middle school level. Heck an offensive line learning technique and leverage and how to get off the ball faster can give 20 points to your offense. That is not even counting defense where improvement can effect that same 20 points. As for how hard you work and how much you practice Mayfield Middle started when the Hs did which is a you are legally aloud to start and went full pads when the HS did as well. I cant speak for Lone Oak but i am really betting they did to. So if the Pulaskies were going beyond that it might have been illegally, not sure Middle Schools have to follow the same rules so it could have just been unethically. The Automatic assumption of the practice and work ethic of teamsyou couldnt possibly know anything about tells me alot about your football knowledge and your probable age.

the sooner you learn that the rules that apply to the rest of the state, do not apply to the mountain teams ...the easier it will be to accept these things you and i can't control ...spend your time worrying about things you can control and let the things you can not control go.. there are no checks and balances in that area, in our area there is a director of activities who you had better believe is checking on our schools and will shut a program down for non compliance came to many of our practices in the summer and wanted to see heat index charts making sure everyone was playing on an even field and he probally has 15-20 teams inside of jefferson county i would venture to say mr. vinegar gets to all of them on a regular basis i as a parent am very glad we have this kind of system no team is given an unfair advantage and no coach is bigger than the system. i have an 8th grader with a 3.8 gpa and may be academically inelidigible this week [playoff week] due to 1 missing homework assignment last week i'm pretty sure there are very few programs who work under such a tough policy the one thing i am sure of is when my young man leaves farnsley middle school he will be prepared for high school both on and off the field and in the end that is what matters to me most. we are set to attempt a deep run in the playoffs and in the end when it is all said and done if we win or lose we will know we did it the right way ..THE FARNSLEY WAY...GO WILDCATS!!!!
History shows that I am correct about the quality of teams in the playoffs. Look at the last two years in all divisions in the playoffs. The Pulaskis team have not even had a good game yet. I would bet that they was a lot of post talking about how good Lone Oak was then also. Sounds like you have already decided that you can;t win if you are pulling the "NOT FAIR" card already.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next