• 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Middle School Players and Teams around
EC and butler
Butler has a good QB and EC has 2 really good backs
South Laurel Middle School.
FlashFan Wrote:I will coment on the good Region 1 Teams since I know them well.

D1: Bowling Green, Daviess Co., Lone Oak & Moss
D2: Paducah and Franklin-Simpson
D3: Mayfield, Caldwell Co, Butler Co.
7th Grade: Bowling Green, Franklin-Simpson
Yes, I have seen 3 of those teams play. Lone Oak, Paducah, and Mayfield. Those three teams as some kids that can play and should be considered for All-State. Mayfield as #8 RB I wanna say #56 OT & DT. Paducah which I am bias with because my son plays for them Chance Orr #44 DE & OG, but can play in other positions as well. But anyone who has seen him knows he can play, but also for Paducah is Trevance Davenport #2 RB. For Lone Oak I don't know where to start. They have a lot of kids that can play. In division 1 whoever wins in region 1 between Bowling Green and Lone Oak will win state.
Corbin!
Well I waited until now to mention Cole McWhorter #28, North Laurel Jaguars. I have been waiting on someone else to mention this outstanding player because I am a Jag supporter. However, being are last game tomorrow I have to give credit where credit is due. Cole has played QB, RB, LB and special teams for this outstanding team this year and has been an unstoppable force on both sides of the ball. He has been are most valuable player on a loaded team all year.
D1 not even close its one of the pulaskis.
The western side of the state gets gets thumped every time we play. The d1 state championship will not be within 3 touchdowns. The real championship will happen on OCT 27 between Northern and Southern.
Without given anyone too much info to use in the playoffs, I think people are really gonna find mayfield to be loaded with talent. I have watched mayfield football for years. I cannot remember an 8th grade team that was more loaded across the board than this years. Our only problem was lone oak was also loaded. We dress 30 kids, in one class, and bring up 4 7th graders. I think the problem we got as far as players being mentioned are that most of you seem to be looking only at one side of the ball. Our defense has some great players that other teams would like to have. I know one that scored 3 touchdowns off defense alone. I know there were others on defense that scored as well. Our kicking game is good as well. We also have scored several touches on kick returns. I say look further than the glory positions. We also have 2 defensive linemen that cant be stopped, unless you bring in the high school. I think we are going to surprise alot of people. Good luck cards.
Didnt BG win last year not an East team?
Nope ur right N Pulaski won wonder if that success will mean good things in HS for them in the future. Better watch out for Lone Oak tho. Great passing game and a huge Oline that protects th QB well tall receivers that are hard for a middle school kid to defend plus a very good D. They are really big team for 8th grade.
dont count out belfry
Last year the winners were

8th
D1 Northern Pulaski
D2 CAL
D3 Meece (Somerset)

7th South Pulaski

GO WARRIORS! :Cheerlead
If lone oaks line gives him time their qb will have a big day against anyone.They can also run the ball very well.
bluedad1 Wrote:Cool that the Ryle Freshmen are undefeated- would be even cooler if this weren't a Middle School football discussion.
and hows your team doing Mr. Cool?
We are still looking for any information on owensboro cath, caldwell county and butler county. I can tell you this, Lone Oak should be a tough out for anyone this year. I would say paducah tilghman will do fairly well also. I really like our chances at Mayfield as well. Mayfield's defense has players from one side to the other that are going to be a handful. I think we are healthy except for a good corner that we lost early in the season to a broken leg. I just cant wait to get back to watching these boys play ball. I hope they play 4 more games. I think no matter what happens we all should be very proud of all these boys and should let them enjoy this experience. Let's all remember they are young men.
Casey County have four really big stand outs this year. #4 QB- Breece Hayes, #32 RB/WR Collin Miller, #33 RB/LB Gary Propes, #65 OL/DL Jacob Wilson
mysonis55 Wrote:We are still looking for any information on owensboro cath, caldwell county and butler county. I can tell you this, Lone Oak should be a tough out for anyone this year. I would say paducah tilghman will do fairly well also. I really like our chances at Mayfield as well. Mayfield's defense has players from one side to the other that are going to be a handful. I think we are healthy except for a good corner that we lost early in the season to a broken leg. I just cant wait to get back to watching these boys play ball. I hope they play 4 more games. I think no matter what happens we all should be very proud of all these boys and should let them enjoy this experience. Let's all remember they are young men.

Butler very good would make good run in div 1 QB 6'2 185 great athlete also best receiver in area 6'0 165 great hands they were undefeated no even close also well coached and great defense
MBMS Rebels...
That's good info on Butler. Thank you for that. My question would be, who have they played. Fulton City High School won a game this year too, but they had to go all the way to Tn to find that team. I don't mean any disrespect at all, I just cant take their record at face value. Are they a running team, passing team or balanced. Have they played any teams the size and calibre of Lone Oak. These are the type of insights we are looking for. What kind of teams have they played against, such as mostly one demintional teams (meaning they only run the ball). I hope you dont take this the wrong way just looking for some info.

More pressing right now is info on Owensboro Cath and Caldwell. We dont even have to worry about Butler unless we get through them two. Anyone with information please speak up, anyone... anyone... anyone...
kyfun Wrote:D1 not even close its one of the pulaskis.
The western side of the state gets gets thumped every time we play. The d1 state championship will not be within 3 touchdowns. The real championship will happen on OCT 27 between Northern and Southern.

Give me whats left of whoever is left after the 27th and on the third both sides better bring some lunches I hope no one is over looking knox or johnson county or we could have a totally different ballgame GO FARNSLEY WILDCATS
I think there are only a few teams that can dethrone S Pulaski. Those are in order that they will face them: Knox round 2, Northern Rd 3, farnsley rd 4, That's it. Farnsley will have the advantage of an easier bracket. Southern has to win two very tough games before the face Farnsley.
richbrooks Wrote:i think there are only a few teams that can dethrone s pulaski. Those are in order that they will face them: Knox round 2, northern rd 3, farnsley rd 4, that's it. Farnsley will have the advantage of an easier bracket. Southern has to win two very tough games before the face farnsley.

gotta give you the tougher bracket issue that is going to be a series of wars in that bracket but we are not overlooking anyone got to play every game hard and fast or you get to go home early watch out for bell and that johnson county group can flat out play too but knox really looks like a steam roller
mysonis55 Wrote:That's good info on Butler. Thank you for that. My question would be, who have they played. Fulton City High School won a game this year too, but they had to go all the way to Tn to find that team. I don't mean any disrespect at all, I just cant take their record at face value. Are they a running team, passing team or balanced. Have they played any teams the size and calibre of Lone Oak. These are the type of insights we are looking for. What kind of teams have they played against, such as mostly one demintional teams (meaning they only run the ball). I hope you dont take this the wrong way just looking for some info.

More pressing right now is info on Owensboro Cath and Caldwell. We dont even have to worry about Butler unless we get through them two. Anyone with information please speak up, anyone... anyone... anyone...
I did not say BC would win I said they would give division some competition also they beat moss and south warren by a wide margin we all know Pulaski school are good but are not in high school just wondering never here of them as power house like their middle school teams
Southwestern is the best in the state. I wish Rockcastle would join this so we could see how they match up with teams with there skill level.
The thing about region 4 is the thing that dont kill them could make them stronger. I am very shocked that rockcastle with the team they have didnt sign up to go to the playoffs. I think the kymsfa state tournament is a sight to behold and i would never deny my kids the oppurtunity to play in it. I believe if i had been one of the parents at rockcastle i would have got others together and attempted to get the funding our selves
Rocksolid,wish we could have made our game up some way. It is always a good game, between two top notch programs. Dosen't matter who or why it was canceled,it should should always be played.
Bee Wise Wrote:MBMS Rebels...
Without a doubt the best team in d2 welcome bee wise
All the number 1 region seeds have been beat by the Pulaskis this year or last year as 7th graders. Most scores were not even close. So I don't see how anyone else could be counsidered as possible champions. Pulaskis beat everyone in their region this year by 2 touchdowns or more. The only possible contender may be Lone Oak because I don't think they have played this year or last.

I feel Bell is the most improved team since the beginning of the year and will beat Knox. Knox can't score enough points to beat the Pulaskis.

North Pulaski will win this year. Southern won earlier by 4 but Pulaski offense outscored them. Southern offense is limited to running in the middle of the field and a small change to the defense will fix this.
kyfun Wrote:All the number 1 region seeds have been beat by the Pulaskis this year or last year as 7th graders. Most scores were not even close. So I don't see how anyone else could be counsidered as possible champions. Pulaskis beat everyone in their region this year by 2 touchdowns or more. The only possible contender may be Lone Oak because I don't think they have played this year or last.

I feel Bell is the most improved team since the beginning of the year and will beat Knox. Knox can't score enough points to beat the Pulaskis.

North Pulaski will win this year. Southern won earlier by 4 but Pulaski offense outscored them. Southern offense is limited to running in the middle of the field and a small change to the defense will fix this.

Yall really better not overlook Lone Oak. Big strong athletic with a passing game that is very advanced passing game for an 8th grade team but their line play is what really impresses me.
who has Lone Oak played? Why is Bowling Green the 1 seed? Bowling Green not very impressive last year and they are number 1. It is a very different game when you play good teams.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next