Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soccer Time!
I look for Valley to be good this year. I honestly do not know a whole lot about soccer, but with all the athletic ability that is was already on the team and with the athletic ability that has been added this year, I look for Valley to be a great team.
could be.. but its not all about being athletic.. i mean sure it helps. but you have to be able to make good decisions under pressure. we'll see what they can do when the season starts
Most of the girls who are first years know everything about pressure because they play basketball too. I think they can handle it.
Belfry's girls and boys first game is Monday the 14th.
So is Shelby Valley's boys and girls. It's at a tournament at Letcher Central. I know that the girls play Johnson Central at 6:30... not sure who the boys play but I believe they play at 7:30.
new coaching staff...SouthWestern.
East Carter is really good ... they play at shelby valley this saturday if im not mistaken
Yes, the final score of the Shelby Valley and the East Carter game was 2 to 5, with East Carter gaining a win. East Carter was had an advantage over Valley with double the players. Valley had 2 subs, while East Carter had close to a whole second string. East Carter was a major power house, but Valley, being a AA school, put up a very good fight. It was an impressive game on both parts, and it will be interesting to see the outcome of the end of their game when Valley travels to East Carter. I think it will be much closer next time.
S.V. field is TINY...
Belfry's girls and boys beat pike central (10-0)-girls (4-1)-boys yesterday.
Belfry girls beat Paintsville (8-2) this evening.
Good Coaching is the key to winning and some of these teams just don't have it.
They just don't know enough about the sport to coach. You can't coach just because your child plays you have to know the sport.
pikeville is goin to beat everybody
belfry girls beat pikeville 3-2
and belfry girls beat letcher central 4-2 on saturday
Best of luck to Valley! I miss you guys! Play hard for your old captain! Haha!
pikeville75 Wrote:pikeville is goin to beat everybody

Oh God..SHUT UP
haha right on NYY yeah i was suprised that Pike Central beat Valley but Valley is down w/o tackett this year...Perry is my team to win region
Perry vs Corbin

Boys 2-0 Perry

Girls 4-3 Perry

both were great games the boys game was 0-0 at the half and then Perry just took the game away...Corbin in my eyes played better that Perry in every aspect of the game but Perry took care of their chances and won the game...Congrats Commodores
i just have one thing to say ... Letcher sucks.. belfry was dominating them and the refs called a handball in the box which clearly not a hand ball .. so letcher made the pk and then the refs called the game for lightning ... however it was lightning the whole game and they didnt call it till letcher was up .. how odd?? so letcher you got lucky this time but next time you'll get whats coming to you and thats from the whole belfry team..!
its pretty much pointless either way b/c no one is getting by Perry sorry stud
what do you guys think about paintsvilles girls soccer team? this is their first year, and i think they're lookin' sorta good for a first year team. and they're all very young. any comments?
true perry central is very good.. i was just wondering what anybody thought about them, because they're new and all.
idk im live in Willamsburg so i havent really got to see them play i just know about most of the other teams around the region...But from what i have heard they are having a decent season IMO they will not make it out of district between Pikeville, Belfry and Perry its to tough...But good luck to them and if u play good luck...
Yea, Paintsville isn't anywhere near the best team in the region lol. I know they beat Johnson Centrals girls 3-1 and they beat pikecentral 11-1. I've heard they could beat letcher central, but they haven't played them yet. They've also improved a tremendous amout during the season. The first time they played prestonsburg, they were beat 8-1 if what i've heard is right, and then they played p-burg two days ago and lost 5-2. And thats how its been with almost every team they've played. So i suspect as these girls get older and begin to advance they'll be a pretty decent team. but in the mean time, they're working hard for what they want :thumpsup:
and thats they way it should b PHS i like to hear things such as this...originaly from that area and now playing college soccer its great to hear that things are growing and going strong...make sure those girls keep their heads up no matter what...and make sure they never give up b/c these kids are now the future in that area...