Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soccer Time!
TongueirateSho Anyone excited about high school soccer season comming up?
:howdy: I am excited! we're (bhs) gonna have 2 teams (varsity + a jv team) this year!!!!! who do you think will be the most challenging girls team this season? Tongueirate04:
I know not all districts in this area have soccer teams...but I believe the 58th district is working on trying to get soccer programs started in their high schools.
Do you know which schools in the 58 district in particular are starting to look at soccer??
No but they passed a form around for everyone to mark which sport they wanted to be added and I know that Soccer and Swimming were among the higest requested....
what schools are in the 58th district?
Betsy Layne, Allen Central, South Floyd, and Prestonsburg.
I'm thinking about trying soccer, I've never played before.
Its fun, I love soccer.
You have to be in good shape for soccer they run their butts off......I think they run more than football players..lol
I agree, your constantly running with no time outs. Along with tryin to keep a ball in your control.
Almost time for soccer o yea
pchawk Wrote:I'm thinking about trying soccer, I've never played before.
Its Great
Go Shelby Valley
well it makes me very happy to see that intrests are being tuned towards soccer a little bit considering the kids in this area have not been getting very much recognition...I am excited to see my alma mater play next year but they will be down after losing 7 of us seniors four of whom signed scholarships to continue on playing...I will be playing at the University of the Cumberlands (Cumberland College) and will not get to see many teams play around here...But as a player i see the top boys team in the district being Perry Central with Pikeville being 2nd and then Belfry while the top girls teams will be in the same boat in the same order...But the thing is with the sport just now growining we can not compete with the Laurel teams and it is a huge disappointment...But when the 58th gets their teams and hopefully some in the 57th we will/maybe have our own region...Good Luck to all the players and teams...Keep me posted on the seson through BGR PLEASE...
Im happy soccer is ready to start, I cant wait! :bounce:
What is everyones expectations for Belfrys girls and boys?TongueirateSku
I think belfry's boys are going to be pretty tuff. After only losing 1 senior which was out most of the season. Pike Central if im correct lost 7 really good seniors so belfry's biggest worry will be pikeville after losing i think their defense and of course Perry.

Belfry's girls should be good this year. After losing some seniors though it might be tuff.
ukfan_10 Wrote:I think belfry's boys are going to be pretty tuff. After only losing 1 senior which was out most of the season. Pike Central if im correct lost 7 really good seniors so belfry's biggest worry will be pikeville after losing i think their defense and of course Perry.

Belfry's girls should be good this year. After losing some seniors though it might be tuff.

Dont forget about Shelby Valley, they just lost 1 really, most of there team will be seniors now tho
The thing with Belfry is they are only a 2nd year program in a tough district and region…They have a few good players being Daniel, Shannon and the 2 Calebs the problem lyes in their defence…I have had the chance to play my Spring ball on the same team as them and they are coming along very well…The Chemistry is getting there but they will struggle IMO…

The girls teams are always harder to get into the groove of things considering most are new to the sport while the guys have played most of their life…The girls team will be good but they cant compete with Pikeville and Perry Central this year…

Pike Central did lose 7 seniors I being one…The trouble will lye every where with them besides in the forward and goaley positions…They lost their 2 main defence players a great right outside mid and two center mid all of which signed soccer scholarship…Four to Pikeville college and one to the University of the Cumberlands…

Valley will be tough in the guys but they lost their source of goals being Tyler Tackett…Tackett was their field commander with great speed and foot work, took a lot of dives which made many ppl upset…Will could be their heart and soul this year and is a great soccer player…The thing with Valley is they always get those foreign exchange students…

But like I said earlier it will once again be Pikeville and Perry at the top…Pikeville has been training hard I worked out with them on a few occasions…They have had a camp that was done through Cumberland in which I watched very closely…They have a great mid/striker in Max Pafunda who is being recruited right now by Lee University a top notich soccer program…Their problem will also lie on the defencive end…They do have a great class coming up of freshman who will land a lot of playing time and will get a lot of experience…

Perry Central is my fav to win district this year they have the majority of players coming back with the exception of midfielder Anderw Lungsfurd…Lungsfurd signed to play ball at the University of the Cumberlands…Perry has the depth and team to go along ways as they did this year making it to the regional finals they only team to do that in our district…

My Problem with soccer around here is that it is played like glorified kick ball…Teams in this area need to learn to play for possession and not just boot the ball up the field this is not how it is meant to be played…But with everyone watching the World Cup I feel as if soccer will turn around in this area
Belfry's competion will come from pikevile, and perry but i think they can take them... belfry has more skilled players than any other team in the region... although one of the calebs are curently out with a disloctaed anlke.... when he recovers they should be unbeatable in our region....
unbeatable lol very unlikely i doubt you have had the chance to play against South Laurel you will be very suprised...More skilled players than Pikeville close call but Perry has Zack Hall who was one of the top Goal Scorers in the state in this past season if Belfry can stop him will be a good game but if not dont count on it...I do hope Belfry shows up and beats them though i would b very honored that they did something my team at PC was never able to do...We had some of the most talent around but did not have the chemsitry which is the trouble with new teams...Good Luck soccer stud if u play for Belfry...send me a private msg i think i know who u are lol
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:The thing with Belfry is they are only a 2nd year program in a tough district and region…They have a few good players being Daniel, Shannon and the 2 Calebs the problem lyes in their defence…I have had the chance to play my Spring ball on the same team as them and they are coming along very well…The Chemistry is getting there but they will struggle IMO…

The girls teams are always harder to get into the groove of things considering most are new to the sport while the guys have played most of their life…The girls team will be good but they cant compete with Pikeville and Perry Central this year…

Pike Central did lose 7 seniors I being one…The trouble will lye every where with them besides in the forward and goaley positions…They lost their 2 main defence players a great right outside mid and two center mid all of which signed soccer scholarship…Four to Pikeville college and one to the University of the Cumberlands…

Valley will be tough in the guys but they lost their source of goals being Tyler Tackett…Tackett was their field commander with great speed and foot work, took a lot of dives which made many ppl upset…Will could be their heart and soul this year and is a great soccer player…The thing with Valley is they always get those foreign exchange students…

But like I said earlier it will once again be Pikeville and Perry at the top…Pikeville has been training hard I worked out with them on a few occasions…They have had a camp that was done through Cumberland in which I watched very closely…They have a great mid/striker in Max Pafunda who is being recruited right now by Lee University a top notich soccer program…Their problem will also lie on the defencive end…They do have a great class coming up of freshman who will land a lot of playing time and will get a lot of experience…

Perry Central is my fav to win district this year they have the majority of players coming back with the exception of midfielder Anderw Lungsfurd…Lungsfurd signed to play ball at the University of the Cumberlands…Perry has the depth and team to go along ways as they did this year making it to the regional finals they only team to do that in our district…

My Problem with soccer around here is that it is played like glorified kick ball…Teams in this area need to learn to play for possession and not just boot the ball up the field this is not how it is meant to be played…But with everyone watching the World Cup I feel as if soccer will turn around in this area

Hey man,that looked great..good job:thumpsup:
thanks lol
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:thanks lol
'

your from pike Central anen't ya
well u was from pike central lol
yes i was from Pike Central lol send me a private msg lets not talk like this on the forum
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:The thing with Belfry is they are only a 2nd year program in a tough district and region…They have a few good players being Daniel, Shannon and the 2 Calebs the problem lyes in their defence…I have had the chance to play my Spring ball on the same team as them and they are coming along very well…The Chemistry is getting there but they will struggle IMO…

in the girls...most the girls have been playin all their life, some longer than the guys...also, i agree with pikveille they are great almost impossible to beat but with Perry Central, the Shelby Valley girls soccer team beat them last year in the district tourn and the other game they only got beat by 1 goal. This year they have a variety of new quick players also....Laura Perkins, autumn Newsome Amber Perkins, Melanie Burke Sammantha Moore is training to be the back up goalie. Their team is full of quickness also with Sally Roberts and Rachel Johnson.. The defense is going to be great also..Cortney Smallwood as goalie and the defenders ive heard, have been working very hard... Watch out for Valley this year!
winner Wrote:in the girls...most the girls have been playin all their life, some longer than the guys...also, i agree with pikveille they are great almost impossible to beat but with Perry Central, the Shelby Valley girls soccer team beat them last year in the district tourn and the other game they only got beat by 1 goal. This year they have a variety of new quick players also....Laura Perkins, autumn Newsome Amber Perkins, Melanie Burke Sammantha Moore is training to be the back up goalie. Their team is full of quickness also with Sally Roberts and Rachel Johnson.. The defense is going to be great also..Cortney Smallwood as goalie and the defenders ive heard, have been working very hard... Watch out for Valley this year!

There you go...good job
well thanks winner i did not know all the facts for this season on Valley good post by the way...i would love to see their girls do great...but i dont want to c them beat Central lol but thats a piece of cake lol...oh and most of the girls i talk to have only recently began playing lol sorry about that...
lol thats ok