Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Somerset Schedule
I hope the Bunnies make it through the state semis undefeated and with EVERYBODY healthy as an ox for the state championship against Caldwell County, and that we have everybody healthy and we are undefeated too. That way we can have the best game possible, and then I hope the Bunnies have a safe trip home with their State Runner-up trophy, because we already have 1 of those and the Tigers want the big, Gold trophy. Best of Luck to all of you and your sons from Tiger Land!
I can understand losing to LCA in 7 on 7 but how did they lose to Middlesboro.
E's Army Wrote:I can understand losing to LCA in 7 on 7 but how did they lose to Middlesboro.

Middlesboro scored more points? :lolrage:
They didnt play Middlesboro in either passing league, and had 3 starters down vs LCA.
64SUR Wrote:Well I have went out on a limb an pick somerset to win the region an now I have hear middleboro an Lca beat somerset in the 7-7 that's not good.got me scratching my head.walt longcrymire. Confusednicker:

I'm not overly concerned with how any 7 on 7's went--unless injuries were suffered by one of the teams. Somerset didn't play Middlesboro and the week before they won the 7 on 7 at Bryan Station. I'm not concerned about losing last weekend or excited about winning the tourney the week befoe. Nothing that matters is ever won in the 7 on 7 format. They're like scrimmages, they're there to help teams get work in to make them better.
Confusedecret:Confusedecret: ok then was Middlesboro playing in the 7-7 league with you guys,maybe walt longcrymire can answer this.Confusedmoke:
Walt Longmire Wrote:I'm not overly concerned with how any 7 on 7's went--unless injuries were suffered by one of the teams. Somerset didn't play Middlesboro and the week before they won the 7 on 7 at Bryan Station. I'm not concerned about losing last weekend or excited about winning the tourney the week befoe. Nothing that matters is ever won in the 7 on 7 format. They're like scrimmages, they're there to help teams get work in to make them better.

Exactly. 7 on 7 is just to get some work in between the QB and his WRs. The real game is won in the trenches.
And we like trenches!!!
Shondue Wrote:And we like trenches!!!

Unfortunately I think Belfry likes the trenches just a little more:Sad04:
Buffalo Bildos Wrote:Unfortunately I think Belfry likes the trenches just a little more:Sad04:

They do... but what kind of trench warfare Belfry is capable of this season is still "TBD".
Buffalo Bildos Wrote:Unfortunately I think Belfry likes the trenches just a little more:Sad04:

Belfry loves the trenches. Unless I'm bad wrong this will be one heck of a High School Football Game. Both teams are skilled at what they love to do, both are physical and both will have good line play. Makes for a Good Match-up. I Plan on being at Belfry that night!!!!!!:Thumbs:
Looks like tonight is going to be a good night to get out and "Meet the Jumpers".
How did their scrimmage with Montgomery Co. go? I figured a new thread would have been started for that by now?
Somerset 28 Montgomery Co. 0
jumper1 Wrote:Somerset 28 Montgomery Co. 0

Did Lang play? Who did What???
:rockon:
From what I heard Lange did not play because of his hamstring. However, I also heard Doan played extremely well in his absence. I didn't hear much on the scrimmage except that it was really sloppy, as can be expected at this point in the season (dropped passes, bad snaps, missed defensive reads). They should be able to get some good work in this week to be ready for Pulaski. Main thing I took away from what I heard about the scrimmage is look for Doan to make a big impact at the Varsity level this year.
RoShamBo Wrote:From what I heard Lange did not play because of his hamstring. However, I also heard Doan played extremely well in his absence. I didn't hear much on the scrimmage except that it was really sloppy, as can be expected at this point in the season (dropped passes, bad snaps, missed defensive reads). They should be able to get some good work in this week to be ready for Pulaski. Main thing I took away from what I heard about the scrimmage is look for Doan to make a big impact at the Varsity level this year.

Very few Fr. can make an impact at the Varsity level. This kid can!! That is good news with Lang hurt.
TongueirateSho
2013 WYMT Pigskin Preview: No. 4 Somerset Briar Jumpers

SOMERSET, Ky (WYMT) - Class 2A District 7 is arguably one of the tougher districts in the state. With Middlesboro, Lexington Christian, and Danville, the Somerset Briar Jumpers have their work cut out for them to take home the District Title in 2013.

"Our district is really good. I think our district is the toughest in 2A. I think LCA is going to be tough. I think Middlesboro is going to be really tough and Danville is always athletic. So I think it's going to be really tough and should be good," said Senior Running Back and Defensive Back and Will Lange.

But the Briar Jumpers aren't just setting their sights on a District Championship, they want something everyone else in their district has achieved.

"I say it every year, we're in a district with Danville, LCA and Middlesboro those three teams all have in common is they've won a State Title, we're the only team in that district that hasn't done that. It is something we're striving for, trying to push through and hopefully this team will have what it takes to get us there," said Head Coach Robbie Lucas.

Somerset returns quite of bit of players from the last season, Coach Lucas says they could possibly start 8 or 9 seniors on both sides of the ball. Over the past few seasons, the Briar Jumpers are 10-0 against district opponents, and last season they held teams to 12 points per game.

"Our O-line is real deep, D-line is also real deep. Defense is a lot returning, just have a lot of depth toward our team," said Senior Lineman Kagen Skidmore.

In order for Somerset to reach their lofty goals, they need to overcome a few weaknesses.

"We've not been able to get very physical, we've had some injuries that have happened right now so I want to see what this team can do when we line up against somebody," said Coach Lucas.

But with that said, this is a focused team, from the beginning of the preseason to celebrating on top at the end of the season.

"I think you win it in the summer and work hard everyday in the summer and eventually you show what you did in the summer in the fall," said Senior Wide Receiver Cam Cheuvront.

And they won't be satisfied, unless they're playing in Bowling Green, "State Championship, we fell the past four years, ever since I've been an 8th grader we've been to the State Championship or Semi-State and failed every time and came up a little short. So to be successful is to win it all," said Lange.

The Briar Jumpers face off against their cross-town rival Pulaski County in the Ray Corell Bowl Friday August 23rd.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsov...59111.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON