Glasgow
Hazard
Letcher county central
Don Marshall Bowl
Danville
Lexington Christian
Middlesbrough
Bourbon County
Sswwwweeeeeettttttt! Nothing but cupcakes.
Yea! Coach Lucas has a way of getting around playing a tough Schedule.
Which week is open week??
Looks good but I wish we would've kept the Breathitt County game.
Breathitt has always been a fun matchup. Who all plays in the pike co bowl?
Dumpster Diving Wrote:Breathitt has always been a fun matchup. Who all plays in the pike co bowl?

I thought it was usually Pikeville, Belfry and then two outsiders.
Breathitt didn't want to play, Belfry and Pikeville are in Pike Bowl don't know who Somerset plays. Don't know open week.
Cellking Wrote:Breathitt didn't want to play, Belfry and Pikeville are in Pike Bowl don't know who Somerset plays. Don't know open week.

Unless it changes Somerset will play Belfry in the PCB...
throw deep Wrote:Unless it changes Somerset will play Belfry in the PCB...

I was under the impression that SHS played Pikeville in year 1 and Belfry in year 2, could be wrong though.
Another good schedule for the Jumpers. I'm glad to see them playing in the Don Marshall Bowl now.
I think Montgomery County is in the PCB next year
Montgomery County is not playing in the Pike County Bowl. Montgomery County does scrimmage Somerset on August 16th in Mt Sterling.
I wasn't for sure.
GetChili Wrote:Another good schedule for the Jumpers. I'm glad to see them playing in the Don Marshall Bowl now.
Yes long time overdue.
Very good schedule. Especially if they play Belfry in the PCB!
meat loaf Wrote:Yes long time overdue.

Disagree. All three schools should be worried about playing deep in their respective playoffs. Playing the county does nothing but cause trouble and injuries for three teams that have better things to worry and focus on. Pulaski will be good, swhs will be better, and Somerset is always tough, but we don't need to fill our schedule with each other to prove any type of superiority in my opinion. All three teams have better seasons when they don't play both schools, take a look at the records and you'll see. Nobody outside of Pulaski county cares about the cross town rivalry games... As a jumper fan I would much rather see us play the traditional small school powers like Danville, hazard, and even jump class to play breathitt and belfry as oppose to wasting another game and prepping 18 year olds emotionally to play the county schools. It was and never will be an issue of dodging opponents, it's just logic in terms of competing in district and post season play.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Disagree. All three schools should be worried about playing deep in their respective playoffs. Playing the county does nothing but cause trouble and injuries for three teams that have better things to worry and focus on. Pulaski will be good, swhs will be better, and Somerset is always tough, but we don't need to fill our schedule with each other to prove any type of superiority in my opinion. All three teams have better seasons when they don't play both schools, take a look at the records and you'll see. Nobody outside of Pulaski county cares about the cross town rivalry games... As a jumper fan I would much rather see us play the traditional small school powers like Danville, hazard, and even jump class to play breathitt and belfry as oppose to wasting another game and prepping 18 year olds emotionally to play the county schools. It was and never will be an issue of dodging opponents, it's just logic in terms of competing in district and post season play.

I Agree with you. It's not about Pulaski beating Somerset or Somerset beatin Southwestern. As a former Coach you can only get a Team ready for so many Rival Games in a Year. It should be about Making a Long run in Play-offs and working to play on Carpet the 1st Week-end in Dec. I don't think playing both County Schools in Same season add's anything to That, but could take away especially if these 3 beat each other Up. Just my Openion.
throw deep Wrote:Unless it changes Somerset will play Belfry in the PCB...

I was told Somerset plays Pikeville.
Wish we would have kept the Breathitt county game as well, they were always great games and fun to play in win or loss (much more fun when you won). Breathitt has turned into a bigger rivalry in football than pc or southwestern in my opinion. It meant something whenever we played Breathitt and danville whereas nothing more than bragging rights with the county schools.
Breathitt was a Great, Fun Game. Mike knew even if he stayed they were going to be Down a little. He just didn't want to play too tough of a Schedule. He will still get to Face Somerset at LCC.lol Funny how things work out!!!!!
I dont see either of the county schools giving us even a close game this year.. I would take Somerset by 21 points over both of them.. Danville I dont know about because of the new coach. Hazard is always good and if we play belfry that would be a great semi state re match of 3 years ago.
I hope Somerset plays Belfry in Pike Co. Bowl. That would be a Great Match-up.
It is still unkown for sure who we play. Both contracts say different thing according to our AD. Either team will be good but Belfry is no doubt one of the best programs in the state! We will be young at some spots so this will be a great test to see who really wants some PT because Belfy will punish you win or lose! I love gut check time and when you face a hard hitting mounting team, you seperate real football players from the rest! As far as the P.C. and South Western games are concerned, I think P.C. will be better than most will give them credit and Southwestern will be very young. It's going to be a very interesting season to say the least! To give Jumper fans a little update of off season training, this has been a very dedicated group in the weight room and we will be very strong next year! Could also be one of the fastest teams in a long while at Somerset....
I'm surprised to hear that. There has been no confusion on this end, it has been reported for a long time that Belfry will be Somerset's opponent. I hope that hasn't changed.

The PCB Committee has changed things up a lot from prior years having every Pike Co team play an outside team. For 2013 the schedule is for Belfry to play Somerset in the PCB at Belfry on Friday night. Pike Central plays Henry Clay on the same night. As I understand it, Pikeville plays Hazard on Saturday night.

Not sure what happens in 2014, whether Belfry and Pike Central will swap opponents or if Belfry and Pikeville will swap. I doubt Henry Clay and Pikeville will play, but I could see maybe Belfry/Henry Clay, Pikeville/Somerset and Pike Central/Hazard.

That is a great schedule for Somerset and I am excited about their return to CAM Stadium..
Just read my last post and I spelled mountain, mounting... Lol Goes to show you how important proof reading is when using an I phone to post! Funny though.
If the Somerset fans came to all the games then not playing the county schools is ok. That fact is they don't. These games are about money and when they play each other they make more money.
zebra'seyes Wrote:If the Somerset fans came to all the games then not playing the county schools is ok. That fact is they don't. These games are about money and when they play each other they make more money.

Since the only comparison we have is the Ray Correll Bowl where each team gets somewhere in the neighborhood of 7200$ for participating I would have to say that playing in a bowl game away from the Briar Patch may actually hurt the budget for SHS... Fans can see all three teams play in two different venues, therefore they may choose to only go to one. I agree with you though, SHS fans are fickle and have become spoiled with the success of the team. Would LOVE to see the Patch filled no matter who they are playing.
The problem is that Somerset is such a small school compared to the county schools. Only around 500 kids in the entire school. You can only have so many students and parents and fans with those kind of numbers. Hard to fill the stadium every time when school is a 2a school and a few kids away from being a 1a
Buffalo Bildos Wrote:I dont see either of the county schools giving us even a close game this year.. I would take Somerset by 21 points over both of them.. Danville I dont know about because of the new coach. Hazard is always good and if we play belfry that would be a great semi state re match of 3 years ago.

I think Somerset is way better than Southwestern. I'm not so sure about Pulaski. The Maroons will still be young this season but with that game being early they will actually be more experienced at a lot of spots than the Jumpers. The Maroons played a lot of young players last season so, while they may be young, they will have some experience. Also Somerset's defense will have to take a step back, at least early in the season, this year. Pulaski can put up some points. I think that game will be a tossup.