•  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church 101
I AM SENSITIVE TO THE FEELINGS OF OTHERS.

If someone I care about is experiencing a difficult time, I may consider ways to help. Food or transportation may be appreciated. Still, my compassionate presence is the greatest gift I can give.

I turn within through prayer to connect with the wisdom of God, releasing any assumptions or expectations. I open my heart and mind to fully hear and understand what another is feeling.

Compassion is the natural extension of my love, so my experiences do not have to mirror another’s in order for me to feel sympathetic. I simply open my heart and hold sacred space. I unite with my family and friends on a level of empathy and understanding. Divine wisdom guides my words, my actions, my very being.

My mouth shall speak wisdom; the meditation of my heart shall be understanding.—Psalm 49:3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
https://www.facebook.com/GodVine/?fref=ts
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
http://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-v...le-verses/

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Whatever your trial, whatever your tribulation....

Remember, God and what he embodies win!!!

I would have said love and God but it is my sincere opinion God is pretty pissed off with the majority of we humans and how we have manipulated his commands.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:Whatever your trial, whatever your tribulation....

Remember, God and what he embodies win!!!

I would have said love and God but it is my sincere opinion God is pretty pissed off with the majority of we humans and how we have manipulated his commands.

Realize, however....Gods love is absolute and very powerful!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Intently listening is an act of kindness and understanding toward another. So when someone wants to share with me, I provide a listening ear and offer my warm and peaceful presence.

With the best intention, I may want to jump in and fix the other person or the situation. Even the best of intentions may cause further upset if advice or action aren’t warranted or asked for by the person sharing. So I refrain from inserting my thoughts while I’m listening, respecting that one of our greatest needs is to be heard and accepted exactly where we are.

I let my loved one or friend finish telling the story. If it feels right, I may ask, “How can I be of support?” As I practice empathy, I soon discover that offering my presence and being present in the moment is the greatest gift.

Let anyone with ears to hear listen!—Luke 8:8
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Happy Easter folks...make it a blessed one!

Matthew 28:8-10 (the other women) So they departed quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to tell his disciples. And behold, Jesus met them and said, “Greetings!” And they came up and took hold of his feet and worshiped him. Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid; go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee, and there they will see me.”

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/...z446UKEPFw
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Happy Hump Day folks...make it a blessed one!

To God be the Glory.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Witnessed kids and adults declaring their trust, faith, and loyalty to our Lord and Savior this morning through water baptism...

It's always good to reset our perspective and remember we aren't in control.....GOD IS. Have faith folks whether you are currently comfortable or under attack.

God has a plan, he wants us to prosper, learn, grow, be challenged, and ultimately build his Kingdom here on Earth as it is in Heaven. That reality requires work and follow through folks. Be blessed and keep working brothers and sisters. This journey wasn't meant to be easy.

Happy May Day and God bless you...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
http://www.christschapel.net/media/

Awakenings series is an eye opener. Enjoy and have a fantastic Derby Weekend folks!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
My faith is steadfast.

I can tell others that I have faith, but actions speak louder than words. If I continually question and doubt everything, I am not reflecting a person who has faith. When I live a faith-filled life, I will find greater peace, joy, and love in all that I think, say, and do.

If I have a health challenge, I pray with faith that I am whole and well. If I have important decisions to make, I have faith that I am being guided to my good. I listen to Spirit within and step out in faith based upon the guidance I receive.

Praying for a particular need is easy. Absolute trust in the power and presence of God takes faith. I live my life with that in God—the Source and Creator of all.

Examine yourselves to see whether you are living in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not realize that Jesus Christ is in you?—2 Corinthians 13:5

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Be blessed and know Jesus loves y'all...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
All Is Well

I AM READY FOR MY NEXT SPIRITUAL GIFT.

If I feel that I must wait for things to be “just so” in order to move ahead, I may miss a wonderful opportunity. Right now, I allow myself to be lifted up into my new possibility.

The flowers in my garden know how to grow. The sun knows when to rise and set. The wind blows without conscious thought. And when the time is right for new opportunities in my life, I know the way will be revealed to me in due time because all is well.

As Jesus said, the lilies and birds do not fret or worry about things, and yet their needs are met. I know right now, I am provided for, even if the outer circumstances may not always show it. Every moment is the perfect moment for taking a step. This point in time is a new opportunity for me.

The place on which you are standing is holy ground.—Exodus 3:5

Be blessed and have a fantastic week y'all!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Forgive

Forgiveness is an important step along my spiritual path. While I may need to forgive another, I realize that forgiving myself is a necessary part of my road to wholeness.

Jesus instructed, “Love one another. Just as I have loved you” (John 13:34). Inherent in that love is the ability to forgive. Focused on the healing love of God that flows through me, I release every thought or feeling of unforgiveness. When I do so, something incredible happens. The love and understanding that soothes and heals me reaches out to bless others.

Forgiveness clears my way. I am free to love and be loved because I forgive.

Anyone whom you forgive, I also forgive. What I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, has been for your sake in the presence of Christ.—2 Corinthians 2:10
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Let Go, Let God

GOD DIRECTS AND GUIDES ME.

What is the difference between letting go and just giving up? The difference is found when I am focused on the divine life within. God is my guiding light that steers my soul in a positive direction of spiritual growth and steadies my course. By letting go and letting God guide my way, I find myself pulled toward greater wisdom and awareness.

Right now, I place my attention on the presence of God within me. God is a magnetic power that is drawing my soul up higher. I quiet*ly breathe in, affirming: I let go and breathe out with the words: I let God. With each breath, I am being pulled in the direction of my highest good and greatest growth.

I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.—Psalm 32:8

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Have a blessed week folks and celebrate the reality that GOD WINS...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
So I was at a local hs football game Friday night taking pics. And pre-game I witnessed a pretty cool sight.

The white cap referee, before the teams took the field, dropped to a knee on the goal line and prayed. I can only imagine what he was praying and how his conversation with our Lord and Savior went...

I was moved to, at the end of the game, to thank him and tell him to keep up the good work. I received a gracious thank you and not all of his ref team knew he did that.

It's important as believers in Christ to be deliberate and public. So whether praying on a football field or praying before a meal at a restaurant. Be mindful of honoring our God in a public way. It has more power than what you think folks!!!

Have a blessed day and week ahead...

Whole

I ACCEPT WHOLENESS AS THE DIVINE BLUEPRINT OF MY BEING.
Wholeness is the divine design of my being. When I align my thinking with this truth, I invigorate wholeness in every atom and cell.

Myrtle Fillmore wrote: “God is the one perfect life flowing through us ... God is the only reality of us; all else is but a shadow.”

I focus my awareness on patterns or beliefs that are not part of God’s will for me. I bring negative self-talk and doubts out of the shadow and release them into the light of transformation. Releasing lifts my consciousness to a new expectancy of wholeness. I speak words of truth, love, and gratitude to my body. My whole being—body, mind, and spirit—responds to divine life. I am renewed.

If then your whole body is full of light, with no part of it in darkness, it will be as full of light as when a lamp gives you light with its rays.—Luke 11:36

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:Some info about faith based recovery programs:

http://discoveryrehab.com/5-things-to-kn...ilitation/

As a member of a recovery program - AA, it is nice to see an article in favor of it for a change.

Alcoholics anonymous changed my life. As the big book of AA states, it gave me a 'faith that works'. I have a God of MY understanding. And he is absolutely crazy about me. Sober for 4 years, 1 month, and some change.

Great post.
Let Go, Let God

I LET GO AND WELCOME GOD’S BLESSINGS.

When was the last time I received a wonderful surprise or an outcome far exceeded my expectations? How did this happen without my planning? It did so through the activity of God.

Sometimes I may need a reminder to set aside my personal will and struggle in order to let blessings in. When I release my need to be in charge, I expand my willingness to receive. As I let go and quiet my thoughts, my mind takes on a gentle receptivity. What a refreshing gift—just being in the Presence.

In this state of peace, I open to guidance, to answered prayers, to blessings beyond imagination. I let go and welcome God’s blessings.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.—Matthew 11:29-30
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Fran...ORM=VRDGAR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Thanksgiving

I AM GRATEFUL.

In the United States, today is a time to honor grateful living. Gratitude is more than just a one-day event—it’s a lifelong attitude.

I consider everything for which I’m thankful, and then I go deeper. I bring to mind people, situations, experiences that I’m not joyful about. I make a mental shift, reevaluating them through the lens of an all-loving God.

Is there someone I hold a grudge against? I give thanks for any turbulent relationships for they helped me on my spiritual journey and realizing my self-worth. Those times when I faced financial difficulties gave me a greater appreciation for the simpler things in life.

I give thanks for all that I am and will be. With thanksgiving in my heart, gratitude becomes embedded into my consciousness.

Sing praises to the Lord, O you his faithful ones, and give thanks to his holy name.—Psalm 30:4
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isiah 9:6
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Silent Night

I REST IN THE PRESENCE OF THE CHRIST SPIRIT.

I imagine how the night before Jesus’ birth might have been: A tired woman and man huddle in a stable, silently anticipating the arrival of a child. Beside them, humble animals watch quietly, undisturbed by these two strangers.

A distance away, shepherds watch over their flock, unaware of an impending angelic visitor. Three kings rest in their camp, soon to begin a journey to honor the Christ child.

The celebration of Jesus’ birth is an occasion for a rebirth of my awareness of the Christ Spirit within. Before I sleep this evening, I rest in the Presence. Tomorrow is the dawning of a new day of promise.

And she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in bands of cloth, and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn.—Luke 2:7

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Enjoy and be blessed!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I HONOR AND CELEBRATE MY FREEDOM.

Every day is an independence day for me when I consider my spiritual freedom. Despite whatever human constraints are put upon my actions, I am free to think my own thoughts, creating and visualizing new ideas. I remain open to divine guidance, trusting and following my intuition.

Events from the past may linger, creating emotional barriers that prevent me from fully letting go and moving on. It’s up to me to bless the past as a learning experience. It’s my choice to let go, so I do. I am ready, willing, and able to make courageous and mindful choices, moving forward with peace of mind and positive intentions.

I thank God every day for the spiritual freedom with which I have been blessed.

You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.—John 8:32

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I AM ON A JOURNEY OF SPIRITUAL EVOLUTION.

Life does not come with step-by-step directions or maps, so I am likely to make mistakes as I travel my spiritual path. Yet God’s grace is my assurance of divine favor despite all else. I am learning and growing as I go. When I make mistakes, I acknowledge them and feel sorrow or remorse. Then I turn my missteps over to God—along with any feelings of guilt or shame—and move forward along my journey.

Every day is a journey in and of itself. If I make mistakes I can actively move from penitence to forgiveness, through the grace of God. No matter what happens or what choices I make, I can always begin again, whole and complete in God’s unconditional love.

Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me.—Micah 7:8

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Rest

I RELEASE ANY THOUGHT OF LIMITATION AND REST IN THE STILLNESS.

The Lenten season is an opportunity to rest and reflect. I empty my mind of negativity and my body of whatever is not meeting its needs as I prepare for my Easter experience. I do so by releasing limiting beliefs, unwanted behaviors, and stifling thoughts.

With the dawning of Easter, a new light shines through me, revealing even more of the I AM. Through meditation, silent reflection, and prayerful stillness, Spirit raises my awareness of the awakening Christ within me.

I turn within in the Silence, the stillness in which the power of God responds. It is not rest, but quiet energy. It is not empty, but filled with all possibility. I prepare myself as an empty, open vessel to receive the full measure of divine blessings. I am whole. I am one with Spirit.

Let a little water be brought, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree.—Genesis 18:4

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Change

I FACE CHANGE WITH COURAGE AND FAITH.

Those things that I see, hear, and feel are never exactly the same from one day to the next. The Greek philosopher Heraclitus said that no one can step into the same river twice. Just as the water in a river is moving forward, my life is in motion as I travel onward.

Seasons change, people change, and I change as I grow in understanding of life, of God, and of myself. I can prepare for such moments by living in faith. Rather than exerting effort to live in the past, I focus my energy on building upon new possibilities.

I am never without a steady divine presence in my life. With God’s assurance, I face change with courage and faith.

Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change, though the mountains shake in the heart of the sea.—Psalm 46:2
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Have a blessed Wednesday folks:

https://maxlucado.com/listen/god-is-in-your-crisis/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
http://www.hearitfirst.com/news/27-best-...bel-quotes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]