•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church 101
Inner Peace - Thursday, January 24, 2013

God’s peace is within me.

I cannot control the weather or the words and actions of others. Sometimes I may feel as though I can’t even control myself. When life seems unmanageable, I look for ways to restore peace within.

I affirm the words Jesus spoke to the stormy sea, “Peace! Be still!” My words invoke the activity of the Holy Spirit. Peace arises to soothe my frazzled emotions and calm my troubled thoughts. With a cleansing breath, I recenter in God’s peace. It is always available to me.

In peace, I have nothing to fear. Resentment and worry dissolve into nothingness. Each situation will resolve and every concern is temporary. God’s peace is established in me.

Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you.”—John 20:19
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Ahh, the ultimate prize.
"God sent His Son, they call Him Jesus. He came to love, heal and forgive."

Hallelujah!
Home - Friday, January 25, 2013

My soul is at home in God.

Home is a place where all the pieces fit together. I may feel at home at the ocean’s sandy shore or in the heart of the city. I may unexpectedly feel at home in a new place where I immediately fit right in. Familiar places and faces, smells and sounds, can stir up feelings of home in me.

Home can also be an awareness—as when my heart opens into the pure love of Spirit. Just as a key clicks into place to open a lock, my true self emerges as I align my thoughts with Divine Mind. There is a sweet rush of peace and my soul is at home in God.

Wherever I am living, under whatever conditions, I know that I am at home in God. Safe and secure, I rest in God’s presence.

For God alone my soul waits in silence … On God rests my deliverance and my honor; my mighty rock, my refuge is in God.—Psalm 62:5, 7

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Get all the advice and instruction you can, so you will be wise the rest of your life.

Proverbs 19:20 NLT

Have a blessed weekend bgr...:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, 'Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.'

John 7:38

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
The sixth piece of armor Paul mentions in Ephesians 6 is "the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God." How does a Roman soldier's sword help us understand how to use the Bible to win our spiritual battles?

http://www.freebiblestudyguides.org/bibl...t-word.htm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Enjoy -

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi

:Thumbs::Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I hope this blesses you today:

Shane Frederick Ministries' Blog

Quote:
"Jesus Is" .....Everlasting Life

“Jesus is” Series

Everlasting Life

“For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, so that whoever believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life.” - John 3:16

This week we look at the fact that Jesus is Everlasting Life. Hallelujah! Amen! There is a reason that john 3:16 is one of the most popular, celebrated, respected, cherished and loved verses in all of the Bible. The entire Gospel comes to a focus in this verse. God's love is not static or self centered; it reaches out and draws others in.
In this verse, God sets the pattern of true love, the basis for all love relationships: when you love someone dearly, you are willing to give freely to the point of self-sacrifice. None have ever sacrificed or paid more dearly than God. He sacrificed and paid dearly with the life of his son, the highest price he could pay. Jesus accepted our punishment, paid the price for our sins, and then offered us new life that he had brought for us. When we share the Gospel with others, our love must be like Jesus'- willingly giving up our own comfort and security so that others might join us in receiving God's love.

Some people are repulsed by the idea of eternal life because their lives are miserable, mortal life; eternal life is God's life embodied in Christ given to all believers now as a guarantee that they will live forever. In eternal life there is no death, sickness, enemy, evil, or sin. When we don't know Christ, we make choices as though this life is all we have. In reality, this life is just the introduction to eternity. Receive this new life by faith and begin to evaluate all that happens from an eternal perspective.

To “believe” is more than an intellectual agreement that Jesus is God. It means to put our trust and confidence in him that he alone can save us. It is to put Jesus is charge of our present plans and our eternal destiny. Believing in both trusting his words as reliable and relying on him for the power to change. If you have never trusted Christ as your savior let this promise of everlasting life be yours-and believe.
Spiritual Growth - Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I make choices that help me grow as a spiritual being.

Spiritual growth is an ongoing process and a very personal one. I open myself to insights every day and my lessons come in many ways. From the moment I wake to the time I go to sleep, I have opportunities to learn and grow.

An important part of my spiritual development is learning to make wise choices. I can choose to have a positive attitude or a negative one. I can choose to make healthy or unhealthy decisions for my mind and body. I can choose to enhance my relationships, treating others in kind and respectful ways.

Spiritual lessons are always available. I embrace them and rise to a higher level of understanding each day.

Choose this day whom you will serve … but as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.—Joshua 24:15

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Hello bgr...someone placed this on my heart to share with all of you. The following information is a summary of this evenings study at the church I attend.

I'm blessed to have witnessed and more so to share with all of you. It is my sincere hope it blesses you as much as it did me.

Uncovering Your Purpose

Understanding your purpose in life and reaching your destiny bring glory to God. God created you for a reason. God has placed unique gifts and abilities to fulfill your potentials. No decision, good or bad, that you have ever made was wasted. God will use both the good and the bad in your life to bring glory to HIS name. Therefore victorious living involves uncovering your purpose in life so you can live it out.

"The greatest tragedy to mankind is not death but living life without a purpose." - Dr. Myles Munroe

5 questions that in life that everyone asks themselves:

Who am I ( identity )
Where am I from ( heritage )
Why am I here (purpose)
What can I do ( ability )
Where am I going ( destiny )

I'm going to leave the readings up to you to research. Check out:

Psalm 139:13-16
Jeremiah 1:5

God knew us before we were conceived in our mother's wombs. We aren't accidental by-products of nature. God has ordained us and set us apart. God chose us before the foundation of the world. God has willed us to be who we are. We are chosen instruments of God. Our destinys have already been prepared and by the grace of God---it's ours to fulfill.

God has chosen all of us and our destiny is set. Our job today is to uncover it so we can fulfill it.

Isaiah 49:1,5

If you choose the wrong path, you will not fulfill your divine destiny. The enemy will work overtime to detour us and make us ? ourselves and our relationship with God. Detours and U-turns may be, and will be apart of the process.

Proverbs 14:12
Proverbs 19:21
Isaiah 46:9-10

Nothing about us is a coincidence. We are all pre-planned. Think about it...7 billion human beings do not have the same fingerprints. Keep trusting God since he has your best interests at heart. You are unique and special!

The way by which we develop our relationship with God is through prayer and reading his word. Our Father's greatest desire is for you to have a relationship with him through Jesus Christ. Onced you have received God's forgiveness, then you are ready to fulfill the rest of HIS plan for your life.

Your destiny will unfold as you obey the daily prompting and guiding of the Holy Spirit. The holy spirits mission is to guide us.

1. Give yourself to God and reconnect to HIM through Christ.

2. Know God's word.

3. Keep God's commands.

4. God will use our failures to help us fulfill our destiny.

5. Mistakes cannot cancel out your destiny.

6. Your purpose may be fulfilled in stages ( single, married, divorced, etc. )

7. Avoid people who are toxic to your dream and purpose. Associate with people that will help you fulfill God's purpose in your life.

God will give us help along the way. He will speak to us through your prayer life and being in the word ( read your bible )!

In him we have obtained an inheritance, predestined according to the purpose of HIM who works all things according the the counsel of HIS will.
Ephesians 1:11...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi

Another perspective to enjoy!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
We sing, clap, and dance in Gods name because the bible tells us so...!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi

More praise and worship Wink
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Since we are posting Hillsong videos, this is my favorite. The words are exceptional and Spirit-driven.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eOY0mjjmx8Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
With joy you will drink deeply from the fountain of salvation!

Isaiah 12:3 NLT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I restore the crushed spirit of the humble and revive the courage of those with repentant hearts.

Isaiah 57:15 NLT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
God and Football...Why Men Love the Game
by Patrick Greak

In football, coaches must trust their players not to make the same mistake over and over again. However, God never gives up on us, no matter how many times we make mistakes or commit sins. Remember that sinning is different from a mistake. To sin against the law of God requires intent against the law of God and the original Ten Commandments that God gave Moses.

The connection between religion and sports is everywhere in our culture. Athletes and fans alike are known for praising God for all success. But beyond these public displays of religion is a spiritual connection that exits between our faith and our favorite teams. God and Football: Why Men Love the Game takes an in-depth look at this connection to show the spiritual reasoning behind our passions for the game.

Playing or watching the game of football is beneficial physically and spiritually. Real-time decisions made during a game simulate decisions that will be made later in life off the field. Yet risk is involved and attached to the activity. Injuries can and do occur during games, just as spiritual injuries occur in our daily lives. While football is a fierce game, it teaches us the importance of following the rules, embracing discipline, committing to a team, and trusting in a higher power. Football helps make men better by reminding us of our mortality as well as teaching us valuable life and spiritual lessons. Find out more about the connection between football and spirituality in God and Football: Why Men Love the Game.

A great read if you get the chance!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds.

Psalm 147:3 NLT
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
In football, coaches must trust their players not to make the same mistake over and over again. However, God never gives up on us, no matter how many times we make mistakes or commit sins. Remember that sinning is different from a mistake. To sin against the law of God requires intent against the law of God and the original Ten Commandments that God gave Moses.

Would you mind briefly explaining this?
Granny Bear Wrote:In football, coaches must trust their players not to make the same mistake over and over again. However, God never gives up on us, no matter how many times we make mistakes or commit sins. Remember that sinning is different from a mistake. To sin against the law of God requires intent against the law of God and the original Ten Commandments that God gave Moses.

Would you mind briefly explaining this?

That's a good ? for Patrick Greak....see what happens when concepts are pulled out of context.....I can't speak for the author!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
If that question were asked to me, I woukd say he was referring to intentional sin. The idea that a person willfully and directly and blatantly sins against God.

However, I do not know for sure what the author is saying because his wording is academic and also I am not familiar with his works
Do either of you believe that there are "degrees" of sin?
You know, one sin that's worse than another.
And do either of you believe that there are "levels" of Heaven?

Not trying to stir up a problem; these are legit questions from me and I really want to hear your answers.

If you're uncomfortable answering publicly, PM me.
^No worries Granny...these are great questions.

I don't believe there are "levels" of heaven to answer one of them.

As for sin "degrees" I would look at the impact the act or behavior has, level of intent, and knowledge of Jesus Christ, God and his commands.

If I make a decision to sit down and pollute myself with a fifth of Tequilla and the only person it impacts is me. Yes my body is going to suffer tremendously from that behavior, the intent was to escape from some hurt or hangup. It only effects me and my relationship with God and Christ.

However, if I with intent pursue the same behavior, get behind the wheel of a car with people in it and plow us into a parade of people where lives are lost and others dramatically altered forever. I've imposed my will on more than just myself.

I would certainly consider the first example to be a lesser degree of sin than the later. The good news is I won't pollute myself and won't with hate in my heart intentionally harm others because of the relationship I have with my Father in heaven and his son Jesus Christ. So intent and degree of impact are the measuring stick for me. As for salvation and repentance involving the above examples...I would encourage LWC to shed more light on the matter. He's a better counselor than I.

I work diligently avoiding the mindsets and environments which lead to sin. I understand, ackowledge and honor his commands to guide my moral compass and actions. Feel free to add and ask further questions....I hope this helps.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength.

Deuteronomy 6:5 NLT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Thanks Spirit! Just a couple of issues where Pap and I have disagreed, and I wanted fresh unbiased view.

Do you believe there is an "unpardonable sin"? If so, please give detail.

Oh, and ANYONE else's opinion is appreciated, too!
Wink
The Bible speaks of an unpardonable sin. However, the Bible also speaks about a Jesus who died once for all and a Jesus who makes all things new and also a Jesus who took on all the sins of the world and opened the door to forgiveness through his death and resurrection.

The way I have always been taught about 'blaspheme of the Holy Ghost' is that a true believer would not do so. That only a sinner would. However, if we confess with our mouth that Jesus is Lord, He ia faithful and just to forgive us.

Remember that Peter blatantly denied Jesus 3 times and Jesus not only forgave him but told him to feed his sheep. So he forgave him and told him to go spread the Word.

Now, if a person that is in Christ is a new creation and is filled with the Holy Spirit, why would they blaspheme this same spirit? I believe this is a circular question because it answers itself and asks itself, lol.

I look at it this way: What is more powerful? The blood of Jesus or sin? Would someone who is a true believer and filled with the Holy Spirit essentially commit blasphemy against that same spirit? Would someone under the direction of the Spirit attribute its works to evil?
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next