•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church 101
Fruit of the Spirit - Visible Growth in Jesus Christ

"Fruit of the Spirit" is a biblical term that sums up the nine visible attributes of a true Christian life. Using the King James Version of Galatians 5:22-23, these attributes are: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance.

We learn from scripture that these are not individual "fruits" from which we pick and choose. Rather, the fruit of the Spirit is one ninefold "fruit" that characterizes all who truly walk in the Holy Spirit.

Collectively, these are the fruits that all Christians should be producing in their lives with Jesus Christ. Happy New Years, make it a blessed and "fruitful" year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
"Collective"? Hmmmm Gonna do some reading and get back to you. I'm not certain, but I thought it went on to say that of all these "love" is the greatest. I always thought that if you had true love, that all the others would fall into place...JMO Smile
More tonight.
I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God. Bend down and listen as I pray.

Pslam 17:6
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
http://carm.org/holy-spirit
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
God is good all the time...we may not see it, or hear it, he believes in us!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
"Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord."
I waited patiently for the LORD to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry.

Psalm 40:1

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Fresh Start - Saturday, January 05, 2013

A new me is being revealed each day.

An ending to something meaningful in my life may come as a surprise or as a dreaded outcome. When I hear or think the words, “It’s over,” I may feel confused or even hopeless. Yet whether anticipated or not, an ending is also a chance for a new beginning, an opportunity for a fresh start.

When a relationship or a job has run its course, or a way of life no longer suits me, I make a new choice. Success comes as I learn from my mistakes, pick myself up, and begin anew. I turn within to release thoughts of the past, and I am encouraged by the love and wisdom that springs forth from the presence of God within me. As I rely on God, I discover all I can enjoy and accomplish in life. A new me is being revealed each day.

I am about to do a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?—Isaiah 43:19

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Witnessed a great holy spirit message at church today. I will share the link to the Sermon thread once it is uploaded to our church web site.

The focal point of the message was " It's time. " Time to act on faith and action with our Lord and Savior. Because if we say no, someone else will say yes.

Subject of prayer and fasting was discussed as well. I'll be fasting: fast food, profanity ( I have issues with others poor driving Confusednicker: ), and desserts for 21 days. More importantly, I'll be dedicating 30 minutes a day towards reading the word and prayer. I should be doing this anyway, however, I've allowed for busy schedules and excuses to prevent me from doing so.

I challenge all of you to do the same over the next 21 days starting Wed. 1/9. What will you fast ( food, drink, a negative behavior )? And if like me how much time would you commit towards prayer and reading the bible each day?

Jesus and me are teaming up for success in 2013...he wants and needs me at my best and he wants the same for you. So I encourage you to work on living whole vs. creating holes in 2013.

God bless you bgr...feel free to announce what you'll fast and commit to your prayer life for January to set a good course for the rest of your successful 2013!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.

Mathew 5:16

:biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
So you see, faith by itself isn't enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless.

James 2:17
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Let Go, Let God - Thursday, January 10, 2013

As I let go and let God, I am in the divine flow of life.

Chores, tasks, commitments—I always have plenty to do. At times, I may even let my to-do list manage me, rather than the other way around. So today, I take a different approach: I let go.

I let go of rush, resentment, perfectionism and any feelings of insufficiency. Whatever I choose to do, I focus on it with gratitude, aware of the presence of God in this moment and in this work. I let God direct me through each activity with grace and ease, and I experience the joy of giving.

When I finish, I bless what I have done and move on to my next task. I work in this way throughout the day, letting go and letting God steer me from one activity to the next. I am in the divine flow, and I am grateful.

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in me.—John 14:1

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Healing - Monday, January 14, 2013

In mind, body and spirit, I am whole and well.

Each event in my life gives me the opportunity to heal and grow emotionally, physically and spiritually. I embrace these opportunities and move boldly into wholeness. If the words or actions of others have hurt me, or if fear or doubt leave me disheartened, I turn within to the Divine for guidance and support. I am strengthened as I focus on my oneness with God.

If I seek healing of a physical injury or illness, I trust the power of God within. I open my mind and heart to divine healing. I give thanks for those who have the skills, knowledge and wisdom to help me heal, and I allow them to do so.

My well-being depends on my ongoing communion with the Divine.

The centurion answered, “Lord, … speak the word, and my servant will be healed.”—Matthew 8:8

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Joy - Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I create a life of joy.

Many people have a standard response to the greeting, “Hello. How are you?” For some it might be, “Fine. Thanks.” But what if my response was, “Joyful!” Would it change my thoughts? Would it change the way I view myself and my life?

I choose to live every day in the joy of Spirit. To help me, I can create a “joy chest” of happy memories—pictures, poems and stories that make me smile and inspire me, clippings of things I have done or want to do. I choose items that delight and excite me.

If I am not feeling joyful, I tap into my “joy chest” and remember everything that brings me happiness. As I string together day after joyful day, I create a wonderful and blessed life.

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands; you shall be happy, and it shall go well.—Psalm 128:2

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
My brother's response to that question has always been "I'm blessed."

I think that's pretty neat, and entails a great deal of circumstances.
And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

Phillipians 4:19

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
http://www.billboard.com/charts/christia...tian-songs

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Are you preparing your fields or just waiting for the rain? This is a great clip from the movie, "Facing Giants."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right.

Psalm 84:11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
By Mary Fairchild

http://christianity.about.com/od/newchri...istian.htm

Feel free to pm LWC or me with ?s.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
The Lord gives his people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace.

Psalm 29:11
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Thank you to In the Light Ministries...

http://www.intothelight.org/answers/sinners-prayer.asp

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:Are you preparing your fields or just waiting for the rain? This is a great clip from the movie, "Facing Giants."

Great movie!!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Transformation - Sunday, January 20, 2013

I am transformed when I live from my highest self.

At the core of my being is a powerful, abiding essence. As I focus my thoughts on the love, life, light, peace and joy of God, I align with that essence. God is not separate from me and I am not separate from God. I recognize the strength and power of my being. When I claim the truth of my divine nature, my life is transformed.

I create my life according to my beliefs. If I believe that others should determine how I live my life, I may feel powerless. If I take responsibility for making my own choices, I feel empowered. I see and claim my infinite potential. Transformation is gradual but dramatic as I fully realize that I am eternally one with God.

But speaking the truth in love, we must grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ.—Ephesians 4:15

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

2 Timothy 3:16

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Jeremiah 29:11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
http://www.freebiblestudyguides.org/bibl...usness.htm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)