•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church 101
He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest. He is a shield to those who walk with integrity.

Proverbs 2:7

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I have posted several prayer requests in the past year, and responded to even more. Today I would like to post a different kind of request. I would like for everyone to include a special "thank you" in their prayers. My grandson hydroplaned last night on Man-O-War, just before the Richmond intersection. He is a young driver, inexperienced. He lost control when he dodged a car that ran the light, hit the water and (including the turn lanes where the accident "started"), crossed 6 lanes of traffic and the median. He hit a light pole on the opposite side of the road with the rear of his car hard enough to bring the light down. Christmas shoppers made traffic heavy, but he didn't come into contact with another car and walked away from this without a scratch. His car is totaled.

This humbles me, and leads me to handle some other issues I'm currently facing in a different way. I feel so blest and thankful this morning. I continue to struggle with being too stubborn to listen when God speaks. For some reason, I believe I will always have this struggle.
^Consider it done Granny Bear...sorry to hear about the car, him escaping unscathed is tremendous....a praise and a thank you!

And your not alone with struggling to listen to God. I'd say the majority of us do. We'll explore that in the coming weeks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
So I recommend having fun, because there is nothing better for people in this world than to eat, drink, and enjoy life. That way they will experience some happiness along with all the hard work God gives them under the sun.

Ecclesiastes 8:15

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Enjoy:

http://www.dailyword.com/dailyword/harmo...er-11-2012
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I believe the first statement of Psalm 23 is important for us to remember this Christmas season. "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want"
^^
That's like honey mustard.....it goes well with everything!!
Wink
Grannybear, things like that make me look at people and say "how can that be anything but God". I'm happy that u are able to be thankful today.
^Amen
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Thank you guys so much!! I've been struggling for two weeks...really hard.
I appreciate your comments, and they hit my heart more than you can ever know.

By the way, LWC I found a picture I want you to see. My husband took it from the top of Whitesburg Mountain, and it's what you will see whenever you venture across. I'm having trouble uploading it, but I'll get there...still trying!!! Look for it in a PM soon.
So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content.

1 Timothy 6:8
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Enjoy:

http://www.dailyword.com/dailyword/freed...er-12-2012

Have a blessed 12-12-12!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Tonight at the church I pastor, we begin a study in Malachi. Don't worry, every Sunday morning I have been peaching the road to Bethlehem.
To ultimately end in the birth of Jesus just before Christmas...right?
Whata planner!!

PS Forget the picture; I can't do it. I will get you a link though!
Wink
I am in Lexington today with my grand children; what a blessing!! My grandson, who totaled his car a couple of days ago, has this huge burn mark across his chest from where the seat belt held him in place. I went to the scene this morning, and it's just a miracle that this accident happened the way it did. Can you imagine crossing Man O War backwards, going across 2 turn lanes, 4 driving lanes, the median and another turn lane on the opposite side without hitting another car? Thank God!!!

I am in the process of applying this lesson to another situation in my life. I am finally able to release some of the bitterness and all of the hate that I was harboring; even though I didn't want to admit that I WAS actually harboring it. I'll tell you this from experience; harboring hate in your heart helps NO ONE; and it hurts the one keeping it!!! FACT

Posting on this board has helped me to work through and reconcile some serious feelings. Through prayer and ESPECIALLY from the support of two special people that have PMd me over the past few days; I am so much better and progessed in healing.

So thank you Spirit100 for creating the thread. I believe it may have been created just for me(?) And thank you to my two special guys; I will never forget your words and will always be there for you in your special time.
Once again this thread brought to you by the holy spirit, not me...your welcome Granny Bear, however, thank our Father God, it's all about him. I'm thankful he's moving within this thread.

He's working on all of us when we surrender to his will, not our own. Forgiveness & healing are beautiful things. Have a blessed rest of the week and enjoy your family.

I've got to get back to surrendering to his will Wink.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Worth less than 5 minutes of your time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
About a year ago there where a few folks who had taken it upon themselves to go to a nationally recognized coffee shop and openly discuss a book on satanic verses they were studying.

Coincidentally one of the pastors of my church was there as well...God was there. He struck up a conversation with them. Learned more about their beliefs, showed interest in their lives, and offered them an alternative to satanic verses by inviting them to our church....God was there.

Months have passed, I've encountered these folks at different services, had an open heart and open mind and accepted them on their terms....God was there.

Last week witnessed some cool insight from one of the few at a small group providing a unique perspective I'd not thought of and helped my perspective on the concept we were studying....God was there.

Tonight the few made a powerful, public commitment in faith to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ through water baptism. God was, is, and will always be there.

A magnificent evening...thirteen water baptisms, and a great message on the significance and road to Bethlehem. The spirit of Christmas is alive and well and God is here.

Need prayer or have questions about growing with God please don't hesitate to pm LWC or me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
^Hallelujah!
Enjoy:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Your first video reminds me of Pay It Forward; one of my all time favorite movies that I will never watch again!

I liked it!!
A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person's strength.

Proverbs 17:22

:biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
We need to pray for the victims, family, friends and those babies that were involved in the shooting today in Conneticut.

I can't imagine what these people must be experiencing right now.
Just learned of the CT shootings and am sickened and heartbroken that someone/s could murder innocent children and others. The devastation of this act will effect the lives of many for decades to come.

Please take time in the days, months, and years ahead to keep these CT families in thought and prayer. On the homefront, I know I'll be hugging and loving on my family members more so than usual. I'd encourage you to do the same. We never really know when the opportunity to love them will end.

So please don't hesitate to make a phone call, give a hug, reach out and mend a bridge if necessary. I told you that to tell you this, our Father in Heaven wants for us to live "whole" fulfilling lives. He doesn't want us to create holes in peoples hearts, especially our own. Hurts and hangups can mend with peace, love, and understanding. God bless you bgr and God Bless the victims and families of the CT shootings.

The Lord's Prayer

Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
Your Kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins,
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom,
the power and the glory are yours.
Now and for ever.

Amen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
So please don't hesitate to make a phone call, give a hug, reach out and mend a bridge if necessary. I told you that to tell you this, our Father in Heaven wants for us to live "whole" fulfilling lives. He doesn't want us to create holes in peoples hearts, especially our own. Hurts and hangups can mend with peace, love, and understanding. God bless you bgr and God Bless the victims and families of the CT shootings.

I couldn't have said that better myself!!
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Galatians 5:22

Amen...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
LWC Wrote:I believe the first statement of Psalm 23 is important for us to remember this Christmas season. "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want"

This was my mother's favorite Psalm and will be part of her funeral service Sunday. I am so :Sad04:, but, glad she is no longer is suffering.
Maybe this is your first step toward healing Jag. I know there are lots of people on here praying for your peace.
God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.

Psalm 46:1

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Guidance - Saturday, December 15, 2012

The light of God guides my way.

God’s guiding light shines unceasingly. In its glow I see unlimited possibilities where I may have assumed only lack. In the radiance of God’s light, my path is clear.

The light of God helps me see all of my gifts and strengths, enabling me to make right choices for health and well-being. As I open my heart and mind to God’s light, I am assured that I am never alone. I am inspired to co-create with God in powerful ways.

The light of God also guides those I care about through their divine gifts of discernment, wisdom and understanding. I relax in the awareness that the light of God invites and encourages all of us into a fuller experience of Spirit and of life.

With upright heart he tended them, and guided them with skillful hand.–Psalm 78:72

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next