Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky's Staff
^
Vandy is better than Missouri.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Vandy is better than Missouri.

And both are better than UK.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Patrick was one of the best Qb's in his high school class. He was only a freshman and made some nice plays. I remember before Andre Woodson's juniors year people had given up on him. If I remember he then went out beat Brian brohm and things turned out pretty well.

Towles should have accepted a scholarship elsewhere.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Towles should have accepted a scholarship elsewhere.

Did he have a better offer?
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Towles should have accepted a scholarship elsewhere.

Why?
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Stoops sounds just like all the other recent failures at UK. His chances of seriously competing in the SEC are right at zero.

The addition of Texas A and M and Missouri just dropped UK two notches lower in the conference. They now battle Vanderbilt for No. 14 rather than No. 12. It won't change.

Yeah, we'll see.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Stoops sounds just like all the other recent failures at UK. His chances of seriously competing in the SEC are right at zero.

The addition of Texas A and M and Missouri just dropped UK two notches lower in the conference. They now battle Vanderbilt for No. 14 rather than No. 12. It won't change.

He is getting the fan base and recruits excited. That is all we can ask for.
I seen on twitter that someone close to UK believes that Coley is still in play for the Cats and that Kentucky has to pick a OC by Wednesday

Also heard that Jimbo supposedly met with Tennessee today up in New York....
Multiple sources are saying that DJ Eliot (FSU DC) has officially accepted the DC position at Kentucky
^

I think most knew that would happen. Good choice.
I do expect James Coley to stay at FSU.
Neal Brown and Chad Scott to KENTUCKY!!!!

Aaron Boyd ‏@Oh_Boyd Neal Brown and Chad Scott to the staff! Can I get one more year? Lol

Kentucky Recruiting ‏@RecruitKentucky "Premature" on his part, and danced around questions being asked. Similar to Strong, but more honest.

Kentucky Recruiting ‏@RecruitKentucky Neal Brown's latest interview solidifies him coming to Kentucky. Doesn't deny any reports, just takes them as compliments. Says talks are..

Kentucky Recruiting ‏@RecruitKentucky Neal Brown will be your offensive coordinator, reports say. Stoops met with Brown this morning. Will be official tomorrow morning.
On the "Tech Talk" radio program on 104.3 FM today, Brown said he was "proud to be a Texas Tech Red Raider" and that he was out on the road recruiting this week.

He also didn't exactly shoot down the possibility that he would be headed to Kentucky.

"That’s where I’m from," Brown told 104.3. "But I don’t really want to talk about any other jobs or anything like that. But that’s the link because that’s where I’m from and that’s where I played. And I get that, but a lot of the talk out there is definitely premature."

The Brown-led Texas Tech offense ranked 12th in the nation this season and fifth in the Big 12 at 501.42 yards per game. The Red Raiders were 16th in scoring offense nationally and fifth in the league at 37.75 points per game.

"I’m proud of the job I have and glad to be at Texas Tech," Brown told 104.3. "It’s like somebody told me: It’s better to have your name out there for maybe other people wanting you than the other way, being on the firing line. I think it’s a compliment to what we’ve been able to do on offense. Really not myself, more our players and our staff. And probably coach (Tommy) Tuberville’s track record, too, of assistant coaches moving on.”
There just isn't enough money to go around. Brown is a better OC anyways.
Landon Wright ‏@LW247 A trusted source has informed me #TexasTech O.C. Neal Brown to Kentucky is a done deal, but won't be official until tomorrow

Also seen on a Texas Tech board that Chad Scott is also coming to Kentucky. If this is true then Kentucky just got another big boost in recruiting
Bud Dupree just tweeted "Coach Eliot is official"
Honestly, if all this turns out to be true with Brown, Chad Scott, and Eilot, then i'm not sure my head can take it, i'm sure it will explode with excitement cause for the first time that i can remember i am actually looking forward to UK football, go figure.....Now with all that, i just hope he will clean up the roster, bring in some high profile recruits and let's get it on and get to work...lol
Hiring's can't be made official until tomorrow but yes it's pretty much confirmed that DJ Eliot will be the Kentucky DC.

Brown and Scott are still up in the air. After a day were the hot rumors from Texas Tech people that it was a done deal and would be announced soon that both were coming to Kentucky, to a day where hardly anything is been said.

Football Scoop said that Brown has been offered the job but will wait and interview for a HC position in the south later this week before making his decision
For us who want Brown as OC, we best hope and pray that the interview with Southern Miss for their HC position either doesn't go good or he doesn't get offered, if he get's offered he won't be at Kentucky.

If Neal get's the HC position at Southern Miss, 1 option for OC is Murray State HC Chris Hatcher......WE DO NOT WANT HIM.
Real Badman Wrote:There just isn't enough money to go around. Brown is a better OC anyways.

Money isn't a problem for any SEC program when it comes to hiring, lol. Even if they're in debt, alot of times they'll take money from other sports and programs. It's just not nearly as big a problem as people think.
Neal said he would love to be in Lexington. Theirs currently 3 open positions: LA Tech, Ark State, Southern Miss
So whats stopping him????
vundy33 Wrote:Money isn't a problem for any SEC program when it comes to hiring, lol. Even if they're in debt, alot of times they'll take money from other sports and programs. It's just not nearly as big a problem as people think.

No, at Kentucky it is. I have several friends who worked on the program this past season, Sanders was barely making over 1m. Money is tight at Kentucky, thus the raise in tuition.
redhound93 Wrote:So whats stopping him????

The opportunity to raise your own program.
Here's some tape of our new DC from a couple years ago.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Real Badman Wrote:No, at Kentucky it is. I have several friends who worked on the program this past season, Sanders was barely making over 1m. Money is tight at Kentucky, thus the raise in tuition.

In the real world, aka mine, there isnt a coach in this world worth a million dollars. There isnt any job worth paying a million dollars Confusednicker:

After this season, i think its safe to say Sanders was vastly overpaid.
If all of FSU's staff comes to Lex, it tell you what they think of Fisher.

Fisher is going to have to assemble an entire new staff next year.
Is Chizik going to be the DC at FSU?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If all of FSU's staff comes to Lex, it tell you what they think of Fisher.

Fisher is going to have to assemble an entire new staff next year.
Is Chizik going to be the DC at FSU?

I did hear tonight about an hour ago that Coley maybe re-considering Kentucky. If Stoops offers him the OC position, we will have another FSU Coach coming to Lex.

As for the Chizik question, yes that's what's going around
Pancho Thomas tweeted STOOPS before the hire was made official. Aaron Boyd tweeted Brown and Scott to Kentucky.......Just have to wait and see
Real Badman Wrote:No, at Kentucky it is. I have several friends who worked on the program this past season, Sanders was barely making over 1m. Money is tight at Kentucky, thus the raise in tuition.

It's obviously not a big problem with these hires, lol.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next