• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky's Staff
Besides DJ Eliot and James Coley, any other coaches that come on board or rumored to come on board, post them here so we don't have threads that's all about UK.

Here's the latest coaching rumor I got.

Quote:Kentucky: I have just learned that former Northwestern State head coach Bradley Dale Peveto is likely to join Mark Stoops' coaching staff at Kentucky. No word yet on the position, but Peveto has a background of coordinating special teams.

Per coachingserach.com
Also rumored to be on Stoops list is Steve Spurrier JR.
All I know, and this may have been reported somewhere already, is that the whole coaching staff here got or is going to be axed.

Unless Stoops wants to keep any of them but looking at things now, that isn't going to be the case so there are alot of spots to fill.
From what I've been told I'm almost certain that BOTH Neil Brown and James Coley will be on Kentucky's staff. Not sure what roles they are gonna be playing just yet. I think Brown is gonna be WR, TE and either be OC or share the OC with Coley. Maybe Coley assistant coach and Recruiting Coordinator.
Idk but I'm glad these Moves happened. Major upgrade from joker.
Here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neal_Brownh...ames_Coley
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
^ not working
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Coley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neal_Brown
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Wildcatk23 Wrote:^ not working

the two blended...good to go now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Thanks
The only staff member I would have kept is Chuck Smith.
Strikeout King Wrote:From what I've been told I'm almost certain that BOTH Neil Brown and James Coley will be on Kentucky's staff. Not sure what roles they are gonna be playing just yet. I think Brown is gonna be WR, TE and either be OC or share the OC with Coley. Maybe Coley assistant coach and Recruiting Coordinator.

99% that won't happen...Unless Kentucky somehow gives them both BIG $$$$$$$$$$$$
Real Badman Wrote:99% that won't happen...Unless Kentucky somehow gives them both BIG $$$$$$$$$$$$

That's what I'm hearing is that they both will be on the staff. If you want I will post what I was told. I'm pretty sure that money isn't gonna be an issue.
I think barnhart knows he has to spend the money this time to keep his job
Strikeout is correct. Coley will be assistant HC and recruiting coordinator, Neil Brown offensive coordinator, and the younger Stoops (from Youngstown state) LB coach.
^ You know that for fact? I haven't heard nothing since yesterday other than that Coley pretty much said he was coming. I'm not even 100% correct just going on what I was told and the person that told me said he was almost positive that both would be on board. Also the Northwestern State coach that's likely coming will be special teams coach.
HC- Stoops
AHC/RC- Coley
OC- Brown
DC- ?
ST-?

I know ive been joking about Petrino for a while now, but it would be nice to see him or a man of the same ability to be the DC. Talk about a loaded coaching staff. Your also not taking the risk of having him as HC and can watch every move he makes. Highly unlikely, but he may not be a HC next year.
Either way, I think Stoops need to find a good DC who will stick around and not leave for a HC job somewhere in 2-3 years. He also needs a DC who can recruit.

There are actually very few names to choose from when you look at the big picture.
^ Pretty sure Eliot is coming to be DC only way he stays at FSU is if Jimbo promotes him to DC but they are reports/rumors that Jimbo may e leaving himself so who knows at this point. I don't think we'll know anything until Sunday or the beginning of next week.

Pretty sure Eliot is another master recruiter. From what I've seen on other boards FSU fans don' won't him to leave the way they talk it sounds like they're gonna give up if Eliot leaves
Strikeout King Wrote:That's what I'm hearing is that they both will be on the staff. If you want I will post what I was told. I'm pretty sure that money isn't gonna be an issue.

It'd be nice, but I just don't see it in their budget. I know 3 coaches there now, and unless some "sacrifices" are made, no way they contract all of those guy with equal pay.
I don't just going by what I was told just have to wait and see I guess. Eliot may and may not come it all really depends on if Jimbo stays an offers him the DC position

As of this evening still nothing much on Brown and Coley pretty much said he was coming but no announcement.
Based on feedback tonight, there could be a few staff announcments made on Sunday during Mark Stoops’ first press conference. It appears Stoops has several coaches lined up and if fans don’t hear anything Sunday, it will be early next week. There are conflicting reports from Florida State beat writers regarding assistant coaches following Stoops to Lexington. However, it appears James Coley and D.J. Eliot are the most likely candidates. Again, I’m hearing Coley could be an assistant head coach and Eliot could be named defensive coordinator.

Bradley Dale Paveto’s name surfaced yesterday. He was recently the head coach at Northwestern State. Paveto could potentially join the staff as defensive coordinator or special teams coach. There has even been some speculation Mark Stoops himself may coach the secondary. While a lot of folks have mentioned Neal Brown as a candidate to become offensive coordinator, another Texas Tech name to remember is Chad Scott. It’s possible Brown could be interested in returning to Lexington, however it’s highly unlikely he will take a step backwards.

http://www.bleedbluekentucky.com/2012/11...uncements/
Really believe he should keep some Kentucky ties on the staff in some capacity. Chuck Smith would be my choice, he has a lot of ties with the kentucky high school coaches and has developed a lot of good LB's in the last few years.
EROCK Wrote:Really believe he should keep some Kentucky ties on the staff in some capacity. Chuck Smith would be my choice, he has a lot of ties with the kentucky high school coaches and has developed a lot of good LB's in the last few years.

Smart man. We agree.
EROCK Wrote:Really believe he should keep some Kentucky ties on the staff in some capacity. Chuck Smith would be my choice, he has a lot of ties with the kentucky high school coaches and has developed a lot of good LB's in the last few years.

I say clean it out.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I say clean it out.

Technically that is what has happened. But that is not to say that Stoops is not going to keep some current staff. Apparently some staff have already left and some are waiting for Stoops to finish making all his moves.
I'd sure love to have Chuck Smith back at Boyle county. :Thumbs:
I'm liking the looks of this staff... hopefully all works out great for kentucky!

I'm ready for football already.. and this season isn't even over yet! lol
[Image:

]
Would Tim Couch be a good addition at QB coach? He was a pretty good college QB. Just a thought.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Would Tim Couch be a good addition at QB coach? He was a pretty good college QB. Just a thought.

Making to much money doing TV.
  • 1(current)
  • Next