Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(9) Duke 75 - (3) Kentucky 68
NYY10 Wrote:These excuses are pathetic. Just take the lost and move on. Do you think duke was at there best either. NO!!! So we got, blaming the refs, our team is full of freshman. Your team will always be full of freshman. Love it!!!

Im glad that you finally have something to be excited about.
A bunch of seniors beating a bunch of frosh in there second college game.

Im happy for you since last year, your team had, maybe the worst loss in the entire history of college basketball.

Lehigh.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:BGR community? Yes.

UK fan community? Ehh.

If you're favorite team team is not UK (I assume yours is Gonzaga seeing your BGR name and favorite team logo) then you really can't claim to be apart of this fanbase to start with, especially if you have no ties or no reason to be rooting for said school. If this is not that case, and you are one of those people that claim to be fans of Kentucky but do nothing but criticize each and every move Coach Cal, the team, and "real" fans make (and there are plenty of these people from the BGR community, I won't mention names), then those of us in the "UK fan community" don't exactly claim you.

When I've made this argument in the past, people say "I don't care, I have a right to say what ever I want." Sure, you do. But, it's really nothing but aggravating.

Zaga is a communist as well.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:BGR community? Yes.

UK fan community? Ehh.

If you're favorite team team is not UK (I assume yours is Gonzaga seeing your BGR name and favorite team logo) then you really can't claim to be apart of this fanbase to start with, especially if you have no ties or no reason to be rooting for said school. If this is not that case, and you are one of those people that claim to be fans of Kentucky but do nothing but criticize each and every move Coach Cal, the team, and "real" fans make (and there are plenty of these people from the BGR community, I won't mention names), then those of us in the "UK fan community" don't exactly claim you.

When I've made this argument in the past, people say "I don't care, I have a right to say what ever I want." Sure, you do. But, it's really nothing but aggravating.

ahhhh...
the "real" fan argument.

You have discovered my deepest and dirtiest secret...
I really hate UK and I criticize everything that Cal does.
:trolldad2:

I could care less if I'm claimed by you and your buddies - I'll root for who I want to and criticize who I want to.

The fact that I root for Kentucky does not prohibit me from criticizing Calipari, Joker Phillips or Adolph freaking Rupp.

I will let you in on a little secret though - I probably wouldn't be as critical of the coach or the fan-base if it weren't for two things

1.) Calipari is a little too "Hollywood" for my tastes

and

2.) It's so much fun watching "true" Kentucky fans squirm when you criticize anything related to the team.

So I'm sorry that you don't claim me as a Kentucky fan - I'll continue to wear my Kentucky shirts and watch Kentucky games with my family/friends without your approval (as I have always done).
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Calling Duke "we" when you have no ties to the program whatsoever. Not bandwagon-like at all.

Love it!

Run that by me again...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Zaga is a communist as well.

I consider myself a free-thinker.

By the way...
let me blow outdoorsman's mind really quick.

I don't hate Duke.
I like to watch Duke play basketball.
I think Coack K is a good coach.

I am not a "true" UK fan.
Ok since I have no ties to duke I'm not allowed to cheer for them. Do you have ties to uk program? Don't think so! And if you wanna put it that way. Then I guess we can say duke's 3 seniors beat your alls cats. Since duke only has 3 seniors. And you can call me bandwagon or whatever. But most users on here will tell you I've been with duke since I've created a name on here and much longer then that. But it's the same thing from Kentucky fans every year, excuses. Just move on, both teams will gain exp from this
^ I'm a UK fan, but I'm " Dumb Redneck" enough to take anything personally from your to posts. You do an excellent job of taking S*!#, feel free to dish it out!
The only guy on my side is the Duke fan...
^ No, he just feels sorry for you Wink
Stardust Wrote:^ No, he just feels sorry for you Wink

You're next, Stardust!
I've seen you criticize Cal...

You are not a "true" UK fan!!!!!
zaga_fan Wrote:I consider myself a free-thinker.

By the way...
let me blow outdoorsman's mind really quick.

I don't hate Duke.
I like to watch Duke play basketball.
I think Coack K is a good coach.

I am not a "true" UK fan.

So does Obama Confusednicker:
zaga_fan Wrote:You're next, Stardust!

I LOVE America - but I don't like and criticize Obama.

I'm confident that all of these "WE" people will now say that I am a Taliban Confusednicker:

[Image: http://blogs.trb.com/news/opinion/chanlo...erican.gif]
zaga_fan Wrote:You're next, Stardust!

Criticizing Cal doesn't equate to not being a "true UK fan"

Criticising him for baseless unfounded foolishness DOES
equate to being a DIMWIT.
NYY10 Wrote:Ok since I have no ties to duke I'm not allowed to cheer for them. Do you have ties to uk program? Don't think so! And if you wanna put it that way. Then I guess we can say duke's 3 seniors beat your alls cats. Since duke only has 3 seniors. And you can call me bandwagon or whatever. But most users on here will tell you I've been with duke since I've created a name on here and much longer then that. But it's the same thing from Kentucky fans every year, excuses. Just move on, both teams will gain exp from this

Since when does merely stating reality equate to excuse making?
REALITY, the majority of minutes played by Duke, was dones by
upperclassmen who had at least one season of experience running
K's system. The majority of minutes played by UK players were
by freshmen who were in theire 2nd collegiate game. Any objective
analysis of the game shows that Duke was able to take advantage
of that inexperience to squeak out a win that was even closer than
the 7 point margin.

And a reasonable person would exepct the upside for this UK
squad to be much higher than for Duke. By the end of the year,
given Cal's track record, its unlikely that Duke will be able to
compete with UK, they don't have the material to match up
once these kids gel.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im glad that you finally have something to be excited about.
A bunch of seniors beating a bunch of frosh in there second college game.

Im happy for you since last year, your team had, maybe the worst loss in the entire history of college basketball.

Lehigh.

I don't know Gut, that loss WAS pretty bad, but there's been a couple
of teams that SHOULD have been #2's that didn't show up and got beat.
Last year's dookies had no business being a #2, so is it still as bad?
NYY10 Wrote:These excuses are pathetic. Just take the lost and move on. Do you think duke was at there best either. NO!!! So we got, blaming the refs, our team is full of freshman. Your team will always be full of freshman. Love it!!!

Seeing as there's not much potential for Duke to play much better,
YEP Duke was about at their best. Oh they'll get a little better as
the season progresses as almost every team does, but not
significantly.
I hope UK meets Duke again in the finals. You know the one that counts.
I'm not a Duke fan but, they are the better team at this point in the season.
Someone has to say it.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:[Image: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HGjiYzoZl_w/T2....20+PM.png]

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:[Image: http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/03...20x350.jpg]

Wow, and UK lost to a team that lost to this team? Why, how the UK program has fallen. I remember the days of lore, back when UK would not have lost to a team that lost to a Lehigh team.....:pondering:
Observing Wrote:Criticizing Cal doesn't equate to not being a "true UK fan"

Criticising him for baseless unfounded foolishness DOES
equate to being a DIMWIT.

[Image: http://promisedlandofdreams.com/observan...banner.jpg]
[Image: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5pLR42MmcW8/Tm...g+Bark.gif]
Stardust Wrote:Wow, and UK lost to a team that lost to this team? Why, how the UK program has fallen. I remember the days of lore, back when UK would not have lost to a team that lost to a Lehigh team.....:pondering:

It has.
Best part is, this is a down year.
Next year, we will be on our way to 40-0

I dont care what anybody says, Duke fan or not, the Lehigh game was the worse loss for coach K and Duke in there history.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:It has.
Best part is, this is a down year.
Next year, we will be on our way to 40-0

I dont care what anybody says, Duke fan or not, the Lehigh game was the worse loss for coach K and Duke in there history.

So then, a loss to a team that had the worst loss in their history, now makes it our worst loss????
Stardust Wrote:So then, a loss to a team that had the worst loss in their history, now makes it our worst loss????

How is that the same.
This is a completely different year.

That loss happened last year, we didnt lose to duke last year...
charliez Wrote:I hope UK meets Duke again in the finals. You know the one that counts.

That's a tall order. This UK squad will have to catch a break or two
to get there. Duke will have to catch a miracle.
Well pardon me, Zaga. LOL
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Well pardon me, Zaga. LOL

I don't know what that one was in reference to.
That hell raising was done a few days ago - so I'm already over it lol
^ Why do you think it took me days to respond? I was letting you cool down! :biggrin: