Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (9) Duke 75 - (3) Kentucky 68
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Final
Good game.
Kentucky isn't gonna repeat as National Champs, just too young and have no leadership on the team. To be honest we probably won't even make it to the Final Four
healthy harrow neutralizes seth curry - win for ky...other then that good early season game
I wouldnt call it quits already.

This a young team that was without a starting PG against a Senior laden team with experience.
If you ask me, I think its scary to see a bunch of frosh without there PG, 2 games into the season hanging around with Duke.
That game just shows that they need Harrow.

Poythress, Noel and Goodwin were all very impressive.

I hate to say it but I agree with Vital. They have to get Wiltjer more shots.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I wouldnt call it quits already.

This a young team that was without a starting PG against a Senior laden team with experience.
If you ask me, I think its scary to see a bunch of frosh without there PG, 2 games into the season hanging around with Duke.

Gut you may pass out but I agree with everything you just wrote. :HitWall:
:1:

I thought Kentucky hurt themselves by continually trying to get that 5th foul on Plumlee. They weren't going to call it unless he killed somebody.
If Harrow pans out the way i'm thinking he will, we still are a national contender.
After two games I still cannot get much of a gauge on this team. A few things to note but I need two more games to get a clear idea of who they are.
I was much more impressed with Kentucky in this loss than I was with them in the win over Maryland.

They NEED Harrow.
FBALL Wrote:Gut you may pass out but I agree with everything you just wrote. :HitWall:

[Image: 0.gif]
Kentucky will get better, but I wasn't impressed with Duke at all. UK won't dominate like last year, but a national title is still a possibility
We are a top 25 team right now. But thats all anyone can say.
Harrow has to be good this season and run this team, or its over.
Once again the rebounding and free throws were horrible, but this was the second game.
People flipped out when Cal dropped some of those games but i can see why.
I believe he did a fantastic coaching job tonight, and im not sure if coach K would have been the coach of UK tonight if this game wouldnt have been a 40 point blowout.
Im starting to disagree on the Cal no being a good X's and O's coach. He not had to until this season because of talent.
I think youll see just how good he is this year. If Harrow develops, and the bigs are able to improve, we have a realistic shot. Either way, we just won a title last year, so i wont complain, especially with what we have coing in next year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:[Image: 0.gif]

You're shorter than I thought you were.
^
Yea, but i got one hell of a head on me Confusednicker:
I'm not going anywhere near that one.
But there is a resemblance to a young Fred Flintstone.
I thought at times in the first half we look like a deer in headlights,but as the game went on we played a lot better. Having Harrell should be a big difference.
Wiltjer has to show up every night.
1 Thing.

FREE THROW SHOOTING!!!!

I agree 100% :Thumbs:
Calipari still hasn't changed my mind about winning with freshman .. exclusively freshman. Last year, year Teague, MKG, Davis were something special but without Miller, Jones, and Lamb I don't think they won it all. Gotta have SOME experience. He has a chance to prove me wrong, but I think Kentucky will make a run at it regardless. As an Ohio State fan, totally licking my chops at Duke (we've got them November 28th) They thrived off the shots the guards were making and our back court is crazy good defensively... but that's besides the point. I really like Archie Goodwin, and Poythress, at times. Could do without the shouting and stuff after a dunk still down 2 or 4, but they're kids so I understand. Noel isn't bad for that, so I am a fan of his.
Stardust Wrote:If we give up 28 Offensive Rebounds and have to rely on Polson as being our best PG tomorrow night, the Cats will get buried.

God forbid that Mason Plumlee is the best player in the paint.

Yep Stardust, you were DEAD-ON - Again Wink
UK will definitely get better as the season rolls along. Duke will get better as well. Extending the lead with Plumley on the bench will be a confidence builder for the Devils. Wiltjer is one dimentional that plays no derfense and like Dicky V. said- Polson won't sneak up on anyone like he did against Maryland. Adequate backup PGH, but that is all. If Harrow comes back and is strong the cats will be in the mix come October. If not, 2013 class will move on and take over at least three starting positions, with harow's being one of them.
4_real Wrote:healthy harrow neutralizes seth curry - win for ky...other then that good early season game

Don't forget that Duke had 2 big men in foul trouble and another one on the bench in a walking boot.

I think that these teams will both be premier teams in the tourney as long as they continue to get better.

The ceiling is higher for Kentucky because of how young they are.
Duke is not a great team by any stretch, but they made our babies look silly for a while in the 2nd half. I think our talent and great coaching kicked in during that nice comeback, but I do not believe this team is a NC team or a final 4 team. I will give one thing to Stardust, Polson is really not the answer at pg, but I still believe he will help the team this year. As for Harrow being a quality pg, I am just not buying that at all? He has a whole lot to prove in the next few weeks just to show that he is any better than Polson. Bottom line, this team looks like possibly a sweet 16 team if that IMO..
It will be comical to see the ups and downs of this board this basketball season. Right now people are saying Sweet 16 team, no chance at a Final Four, etc. and that Harrow is the answer, is not the answer, etc.

It will be very similary to the message boards from 2 years ago when the Brandon Knight team was losing games on the road and people threw in the towel, but then later on were saying...."This team is good!" (after the Final four run)

We rely heavily on 4 freshmen this season. These kids just graduated high school 6 months ago and have yet to play a game at home. They went head to head with 22-23 year olds last night and I think faired pretty well for NOVEMBER.

Ryan Harrow will be fine, just like Teague last year and Knight the year before. If you go back to the message boards the last 2 seasons you will see that people said we couldn't make runs with them either. Harrow is sick right now which accounts for his 10 minutes of playing time and struggling against Maryland. Even the John Wall/Cousins team struggled early on (needing a buzzer beater to take down Miami (OH) and allowing 92 to Sam Houston St.)

If you aren't optimistic about this team after seeing the upside they have from last night then I'm not sure what to tell you. Poythress, Noel, and Goodwin all showed tremendous upside.

This team will lose 5-7 games but come March they will be right where they need to be. History repeats itself
FBALL Wrote:That game just shows that they need Harrow.

Poythress, Noel and Goodwin were all very impressive.

I hate to say it but I agree with Vital. They have to get Wiltjer more shots.

I agree. It was pathetic to watch Wiltjer last night. There is just not way he can create his own shot against elite competition. He could barely even get position to catch the ball, let alone get off a shot. UK needs his shooting this season to be as successful as possible. Cal and the staff will figure it out.
zaga_fan Wrote:Don't forget that Duke had 2 big men in foul trouble and another one on the bench in a walking boot.

I think that these teams will both be premier teams in the tourney as long as they continue to get better.

The ceiling is higher for Kentucky because of how young they are.

Where is Wildcatk23 at. He is the one to always point out how TERRIBLE the refs are. And last night, UK was the benefactor of HORRIBLE ref calls. Where are you cat?????
Pages: 1 2 3 4