Mitch Announces in Open Letter to BBN That Joker Will Not Return Next Season
ekff Wrote:Sonny Dykes
Willis Taggart

Great coaches..... Both would be pretty good hires IMO

I hope UK goes after... May not have a chance but should take a shot at:

Shawn Elliott
Bud Foster
Rodney Garner

I've been saying for a while now I hope they go for a defensive minded guy. I mentioned Foster in another thread and that would be a great hire. I'm surprised Foster hasnt left to be a HC yet.
ekff Wrote:U people are crazy if u think Rex Ryan would come to UK to coach....

Kentucky will have to go after a good coach from a small school or the smart thing to do is go after a big assistant from one of the good SEC teams

Stick to the Irish football discussions.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Stick to the Irish football discussions.

Just saying... its crazy to think Rex Ryan will be coaching at UK

I wanna see UK football do good.... I hope UK gets a great hire....

I hope for a Notre Dame/UK national championship game...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Success in the SEC is gauged by the strength of a teams defense. It would be great to see UK throw up 45 points a game but you can't win when your D is giving up 63. They need a good SEC recruiter and defensive guru.

Not sure if Mitch & Co. are going to put up the $$$ to see this through. Any good business knows the importance of making short term sacrifices for long term gains. For UK to pull blue chip athletes they need to make a strong commitment to this next hire.

The next head coach needs a proven track record of surrounding themselves with good coaches, delegating, team building, promoting the program " region " wide ( create excitement and maintain it ), and starting winning tradition.

Build the program from a strong defensive foundation. Bowl eligible in 3-4 years can be achieved and maintained...we deserve it!

Lot of good names have been mentioned. I believe it's going to come down to dollars and cents. Open up the wallet and make it happen UK powers to be, if not expect more of the same!!!
insideinfo Wrote:Malzahn will be Arkansas new coach.

NOT,try again..i am telling you guys he wont leave here for a while..
Petrino is the only guy who could assemble a defense to compete in the SEC.

The others mentioned could not.
^ So your saying that Alabama's Defensive Coordinator, who Kentucky has reportedly went down and talked to, couldn't do it? Last time I checked Alabama was ranked #1, defending National Champs and more than likely gonna be right back in the championship game.
Petrino's only defense is condoms and penicillin.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Petrino is the only guy who could assemble a defense to compete in the SEC.

The others mentioned could not.

you see what Bobby Petrino defense is doing this yr dont you?,the last couple of yrs,it just looked liked they was good because the offense scored alot more points, thats all they talk about on talk shows here,that he got better players for offense instead of defense,thats why they couldnt beat Bama,i my self hope Arkansas neve wins a game...go KY AND Arkansas State
Strikeout King Wrote:^ So your saying that Alabama's Defensive Coordinator, who Kentucky has reportedly went down and talked to, couldn't do it? Last time I checked Alabama was ranked #1, defending National Champs and more than likely gonna be right back in the championship game.

Yes thats what im saying.

Hire Petrino and that is all.

Im not arguing with you all anymore.

It's Petrino or a 2 win season.
Well you are completely wrong. Alabama isn't ranked #1 for nothing....Their defense is a big part of that.....Simple, I don't won't Petrino he wouldn't care about the job he'd do it like he done his last job....Make every coach turn you down before going after Petrino..and for you to say that if we didn't hire Petrino we would win only 2 games is just completely ridiculous....they are plenty more coaches out their that can win and will win.....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Yes thats what im saying.

Hire Petrino and that is all.

Im not arguing with you all anymore.

It's Petrino or a 2 win season.

Thank you Mrs Petrino.