Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mitch Announces in Open Letter to BBN That Joker Will Not Return Next Season
http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-foot...12aac.html
"Kentucky Football needs to be and will be a championship contender in the SEC."- Mitch Barnhart
Mitch says "UK will and needs to be a championship contender in the SEC" and the search for a coach begins immediately.
"Kentucky Football needs to be and will be a championship contender in the SEC."- Mitch Barnhart
Finally the inevitable has been announced!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
No shocker. Mitch knew his job was on the line if the change wasnt made. I cant wait to see who it will be. I hope it is a defensive minded guy!

I do hope Joker lands a job somewhere else though, maybe as a OC. Joker as a HC wasn't successful in his first go around but back when he was the OC he had his offense as one of the tops in the nation while Woodson and company was here.
Heck yes!!!!!

We need a whole new coaching staff. Fire everyone.
Strikeout King Wrote:Heck yes!!!!!

We need a whole new coaching staff. Fire everyone.

I think everyone will agree with that! They need to hire a big name head coach and allow him to bring in his own coaching staff.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I wish Joker the best in his future ambitions. I think where he best serves is as a position coach, such as a WR coach. He's a solid recruiter too. I just think the head coach position was a bit above him, and it showed.

However, Joker has done a lot for football in KY, not just on the college level. He is, to be commended for that.
Another quote from Mitch Barnhart
"The hire will be done for the student athletes at UK, the students at UK, the BBN, and the citizens of the Commonwealth"
Thank you...let the formal search begin.

Will they open up the wallets for a program builder and a good staff? Time will tell...
Finally

Joker ****ing sucks
I have seen articles on espn that they were interested in p. fulmer. God I hope not! We need a good young coach like Kirby Smart from Alabama. Open the wallet Mitch!
I think Cal could really help out here and use his vast knowledge and connections to sway maybe a buddy of his which just also happens to be a Football coach to come build our football team back up.... Not sure if Cal has any Football coach friends but surely he does. Joker seems like a GREAT man but a terrible head coach.
Daddycat27 Wrote:I have seen articles on espn that they were interested in p. fulmer. God I hope not! We need a good young coach like Kirby Smart from Alabama. Open the wallet Mitch!

Sure would love to see Kirby be named new coach!
My prayers have been answered
MVP2 Wrote:Sure would love to see Kirby be named new coach!

Smart is the ONLY coach that I hope get its without any head coaching experience.
Personally, I would like to see Mitch Barnhart hire Sonny Dykes!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Just got a phone call and was told Joker was fired, I thought they were pulling my leg at first, but thankfully it is true!

UK has never tried to go out and hire a top level football coach,let's hope that is all about to change.
Song dedication to Joker Phillips.

Finally, something for UK/SEC Football Fans to cheer for in the bluegrass besides Alabama.

Hope they turn that program around.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Like I said the last couple of days it needed to happen now.

No retreads. I like Taggert and the Harbaugh lineage or go get Gus Malzahn.
No Petrino! No Fulmer! No Cutcliffe! No Tuberville!
I have been hoping for Kirby Smart for awhile. Probably won't happen but I'd love to see it
yahoo sports says insiders believe UK wants Dykes or Brown from Tech? I like Kirby Smart also if he would take the job? I also like Pease from Florida...
RunItUpTheGut.....your not gonna like this but Kentucky isn't considering Bobby Petrinio

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--kent...25z;_ylv=3
This is the list that UK has given yahoosports

Sonny Dykes - Louisiana Tech Head Coach
Dirk Koetter - Atlanta Falcons D-Coord
Brent Pease - Florida O'Coord
Neal Brown - Texas Tech O'Coord

Plus some more College Offense Coordinators. It's believed that both Brent Pease and Neal Brown are interested in the job

Strikeout King Wrote:RunItUpTheGut.....your not gonna like this but Kentucky isn't considering Bobby Petrinio

Screw him!

I love it!
Strikeout King Wrote:RunItUpTheGut.....your not gonna like this but Kentucky isn't considering Bobby Petrinio

From reading that the Cats are wanting to go Offensive minded instead of Defensive.
Willie Taggart.... He has more SEC wins this year than Joker.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Taggert is my favorite.
I haven't even seen or heard anything about Taggert even being considered.

Chris Peterson will not leave Boise State