Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Messiah" Rebuffed
TheRealVille Wrote:You play politics even in the midst of disaster. You are the lowest form of a human. One might even say lower than a serpent's belly. :devilflam

Well then why are your liberal friends trying to say Romney is against the FEMA? :thatsfunn

Do you ever think before you talk?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Well then why are your liberal friends trying to say Romney is against the FEMA? :thatsfunn

Do you ever think before you talk?
Because he has said that he is, and FEMA is needed right now. That's a little different that what HRV was doing. He was questioning why Christie was going around with Obama looking at the devastation, which is what they both should do.
TheRealVille Wrote:Go ahead and PM Harry and "kiss his butt", for his wonderful posts.

TRV, that was a PM meant for me that Granny Bear originally posted on this thread. But hey, you know, I'll go along with it. Let's say it was a PM meant for Harry Rex to thank him for his wonderful posts. At least she thinks enough to comprehend Harry's posts, and doesn't have to make Vector and 4_Real to kiss ass because you know that no one here has any intention of doing so to you. Confusednicker:
WideRight05 Wrote:TRV, that was a PM meant for me that Granny Bear originally posted on this thread. But hey, you know, I'll go along with it. Let's say it was a PM meant for Harry Rex to thank him for his wonderful posts. At least she thinks enough to comprehend Harry's posts, and doesn't have to make Vector and 4_Real to kiss ass because you know that no one here has any intention of doing so to you. Confusednicker:
I wish there was a mod that would settle this once and for all. Unlike you and the other "wide" buddies, everybody here that knows me, knows that I don't have to hide behind anybody. I say what I think, and don't create anybody to back me up . Maybe a mod will step up to the bat, and put this shit to rest. I will go one step further, and say that nobody here that ever wanted to know my real identity have ever been refused. The long timers here know for a fact I don't hide behind made up accounts. I had one other account here, and I haven't posted on it since my first year here, and I lost the password to that one.
Thank you WideRight05.

Assuming facts not in evidence RV???
Jumping to any conclusions lately???
TheRealVille Wrote:I wish there was a mod that would settle this once and for all. Unlike you and the other "wide" buddies, everybody here that knows me, knows that I don't have to hide behind anybody. I say what I think, and don't create anybody to back me up . Maybe a mod will step up to the bat, and put this shit to rest. I will go one step further, and say that nobody here that ever wanted to know my real identity have ever been refused. The long timers here know for a fact I don't hide behind made up accounts. I had one other account here, and I haven't posted on it since my first year here, and I lost the password to that one.

4 real lives in Williamson. Well used to he moved recently.

Therealville does not. There ya go.
WideRight05 Wrote:^ And Obama isn't playing politics by taking advantage of the photo ops?

Of course he is. Name me one other time in history that the president of the United States ever elbowed the governor of a state stricken by some disaster out of the way, going center stage, thusly usurping the office of governor, I mean, the president talking about governor stuff? It's 100% politics, even the flood waters cannot dilute that fact. The people need the help and there has been tremendous loss to New Jersey and the other states involved. So, let him go for it, but don't try to say it isn't political. Bloomberg certainly blew Obama off, if Christie had told O to go fly a kite, New Jersey wouldn't have been denied the first dime's worth of help.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I disagree. I don't think today had much to do with politics. Millions of Americans were effected, and he wanted to show that the federal government would have their backs. President Obama and his administration have made many mistakes, but I don't think today was one of them. I'm glad he was visible and showing those people that they'll be taken care of.

I just wish he would be more visible and more of a leader when it comes to military matters and foreign affairs. I don't remember him ever having our backs besides the Afghan surge, just after he was elected.
vundy33 Wrote:I disagree. I don't think today had much to do with politics. Millions of Americans were effected, and he wanted to show that the federal government would have their backs. President Obama and his administration have made many mistakes, but I don't think today was one of them. I'm glad he was visible and showing those people that they'll be taken care of.

I just wish he would be more visible and more of a leader when it comes to military matters and foreign affairs. I don't remember him ever having our backs besides the Afghan surge, just after he was elected.

No problem. I said I had never seen a president going into detail about all the services and help available to a particular state, in the manner in which Obama did in New Jersey, that's the governor's job. I've been around to see TV coverage of every big storm since hurricane Camille hit Biloxi Mississippi in 1969. And I've never seen anything remotely close. Have you ever seen a president speak for a governor in any capacity, during a catastrophy or otherwise?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Obama better not try that in Kentucky. Beshear would have heart failure!!!
TheRealThing Wrote:No problem. I said I had never seen a president going into detail about all the services and help available to a particular state, in the manner in which Obama did in New Jersey, that's the governor's job. I've been around to see TV coverage of every big storm since hurricane Camille hit Biloxi Mississippi in 1969. And I've never seen anything remotely close. Have you ever seen a president speak for a governor in any capacity, during a catastrophy or otherwise?

I haven't. But, the governor was right behind him, and he actually spoke first. I got the impression that the point of it was to make sure those effected would feel like the federal government and country had their backs. Sure, there is probably something political to it, but do we really expect there not to be in today's world? I don't. I just take it for what it's worth, which isn't much, and hope those people in Sandy's way feel like the government and country is behind them.
vundy33 Wrote:I haven't. But, the governor was right behind him, and he actually spoke first. I got the impression that the point of it was to make sure those effected would feel like the federal government and country had their backs. Sure, there is probably something political to it, but do we really expect there not to be in today's world? I don't. I just take it for what it's worth, which isn't much, and hope those people in Sandy's way feel like the government and country is behind them.

Yeah, me and you both. I have just never quite been able to desensitize myself to the hypocrisy in "today's world", I remember too clearly what a blessing it used to be when I could trust what was coming out of the White House. We can't believe a thing this one says.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote:In a surprise announcement, Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg said Thursday that Hurricane Sandy had reshaped his thinking about the presidential campaign, and he announced that he was endorsing President Obama.
[Image: http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012...-popup.jpg]

Mr. Bloomberg, a political independent in his third term leading New York City, has been sharply critical of both Mr. Obama, a Democrat, and Mitt Romney, the president’s Republican rival, saying that both men have failed to candidly confront the problems afflicting the nation. But he said he had decided over the past several days that Mr. Obama was the best candidate to tackle the global climate change that the mayor believes contributed to the violent storm, which took the lives of at least 38 New Yorkers and caused billions of dollars in damage.

“The devastation that Hurricane Sandy brought to New York City and much of the Northeast — in lost lives, lost homes and lost business — brought the stakes of next Tuesday’s presidential election into sharp relief,” Mr. Bloomberg wrote in an op-ed article for Bloomberg View.

“Our climate is changing,” he wrote. “And while the increase in extreme weather we have experienced in New York City and around the world may or may not be the result of it, the risk that it may be — given the devastation it is wreaking — should be enough to compel all elected leaders to take immediate action.”

Mr. Bloomberg’s announcement is another indication that Hurricane Sandy has influenced the presidential campaign. The storm, and the destruction it left in its wake, has dominated news coverage, transfixing the nation and prompting the candidates to halt their campaigning briefly.

More than that, it appears to have given a new level of urgency to a central issue in the presidential campaign: the appropriate size and role of government.

As the Federal Emergency Management Agency began undertaking relief efforts across the Northeast, Mr. Romney found himself in the tough position of having to clarify a statement he made last year in which he appeared to back giving the states a larger share of the federal government’s role in disaster response.

But Mr. Bloomberg’s endorsement was largely unexpected. For months, the Obama and Romney campaigns have sought the mayor’s endorsement, in large part because they believe he could influence independent voters around the country.

Mr. Bloomberg has steadfastly withheld his support, largely because he had grown frustrated with the tone and substance of the presidential campaign – recently deriding as “gibberish” the answers that Mr. Obama and Mr. Romney gave during a debate to a question about an assault weapons ban. He has expressed disappointment with Mr. Obama’s performance over the past few years, and concern about what he has described as Mr. Romney’s shifts in views over time.

In announcing his endorsement, Mr. Bloomberg listed the various steps Mr. Obama had taken over the last four years to confront the issue of climate change, including pushing regulations that seek to curtail emissions from cars and power plants. But the mayor cited other reasons for endorsing Mr. Obama, including the president’s support for abortion rights and for same-sex couples, two high-priority issues for the mayor.

At the same time, Mr. Bloomberg said he might have endorsed Mr. Romney, a former Massachusetts governor, except for the fact that the Republican had abandoned positions he once publicly held.

“In the past he has taken sensible positions on immigration, illegal guns, abortion rights and health care – but he has reversed course on all of them, and is even running against the very health care model he signed into law in Massachusetts,” the mayor said of Mr. Romney.

Even in his endorsement, the mayor continued to express criticism of the president. He said that Mr. Obama had fallen short of his 2008 campaign promise to be a problem-solver and consensus builder, noting that he “devoted little time” to creating a coalition of centrist in Washington who could find common ground on important issues like illegal guns, immigration, tax reform and deficit reduction.

“Rather than uniting the country around a message of shared sacrifice,” Mr. Bloomberg said of Mr. Obama, “he engaged in partisan attacks and has embraced a divisive populist agenda focused more on redistributing income than creating it.”

The endorsement is the latest effort by Mr. Bloomberg to affect the national political debate as he nears the twilight of his tenure in City Hall.

Last month, the mayor announced that he was creating his own “super PAC” to support candidates from either party, as well as independents, who he believed are devoted to his brand of nonideological problem solving, and who supported same-sex marriage, tougher gun laws or school reform. A billionaire, Mr. Bloomberg said he would spend from $10 million to $15 million of his money in highly competitive state, local and Congressional races.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/02/nyregi...ision.html
Can y'all PLEASE put "Obama", "President", "BHO" or something in parenthesis when you talk about the Commander in Chief if you insist on calling him 'Barry' or 'Kardashian'. I honestly thought this was a story where Mayor Bloomberg did not want the actual Kardashians to come.

Despite your feelings or thoughts about him, he is still the President of the United States. Show some respect. I would hope the same is true no matter who is President now, in January or whenever.

I believe James Buchanon is the worst President in American history, but I am not sitting here calling him James Puke-hannon. I respect the position, not the person. Maybe we can all do the same.
Isn't it funny how Bloomberg is probably worth 10 times more money than Romney is, but you never hear the first word from those same liberals that bash Romney for having money.

It's hardly a shock to me that the most wacky of the all the wackos (well maybe it's a tie with Al Gore) would come out and support Obama.

And this is supposed to be a surprise announcement??? Good Greif , it's the New York Times reporting it. Give me a break.
LWC Wrote:Can y'all PLEASE put "Obama", "President", "BHO" or something in parenthesis when you talk about the Commander in Chief if you insist on calling him 'Barry' or 'Kardashian'. I honestly thought this was a story where Mayor Bloomberg did not want the actual Kardashians to come.

Despite your feelings or thoughts about him, he is still the President of the United States. Show some respect. I would hope the same is true no matter who is President now, in January or whenever.

I believe James Buchanon is the worst President in American history, but I am not sitting here calling him James Puke-hannon. I respect the position, not the person. Maybe we can all do the same.

I respect your view LWC, but it's fair game now. Despite my disagreement with Obama, I had your view coming in until the hot mics caught him telling the Russian President to "wait until after the election after I have more flexibility." After that, it's game over on him. And now, with this evident mishandling of the situation in Libya - you can tell this guy is a no good POS.
WideRight05 Wrote:I respect your view LWC, but it's fair game now. Despite my disagreement with Obama, I had your view coming in until the hot mics caught him telling the Russian President to "wait until after the election after I have more flexibility." After that, it's game over on him. And now, with this evident mishandling of the situation in Libya - you can tell this guy is a no good POS.
In four years he will be retired.
WideRight05 Wrote:I respect your view LWC, but it's fair game now. Despite my disagreement with Obama, I had your view coming in until the hot mics caught him telling the Russian President to "wait until after the election after I have more flexibility." After that, it's game over on him. And now, with this evident mishandling of the situation in Libya - you can tell this guy is a no good POS.

I lost a lot of respect for him with his comments to Rolling Stone magazine. However, just bite your figurative tongue and remember that he is still President. I have had to.
Bob Seger Wrote:Isn't it funny how Bloomberg is probably worth 10 times more money than Romney is, but you never hear the first word from those same liberals that bash Romney for having money.

It's hardly a shock to me that the most wacky of the all the wackos (well maybe it's a tie with Al Gore) would come out and support Obama.

And this is supposed to be a surprise announcement??? Good Greif , it's the New York Times reporting it. Give me a break.

LOL, yeah, I was shocked. :yikes:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:Can y'all PLEASE put "Obama", "President", "BHO" or something in parenthesis when you talk about the Commander in Chief if you insist on calling him 'Barry' or 'Kardashian'. I honestly thought this was a story where Mayor Bloomberg did not want the actual Kardashians to come.

President Barrack Hussein Obama. There! He's still a poser, no matter what you call him.
TheRealVille Wrote:In four years he will be retired.
Then he will be a retired POS. He has done nothing to earn any American's respect and he will do nothing to earn anybody's respect if he is reelected. Dozens of Mexicans and an American border control agent are dead and four Americans died in Benghazi because the man is a coward (the fact that more did not die was no thanks to him). Not only is he responsible for those deaths, he is refusing to provide information on either scandal either to Congress or to the American voters whose votes he is seeking. Mr. Transparency, indeed.
Bloomberg has issued an edict that vehicles entering NYC must have at least three occupants. Checkpoints have been set up around the city to enforce compliance. I for one am glad that this totalitarian has endorsed Obama. Birds of a feather - both would enjoy ruling over a police state.

Respect is not a fundamental right. One must earn it. In reality, the little fellow (Obama, if you prefer) hasn't earned any respect. Actually, since he has never really worked, he has earned nothing whatsoever.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Respect is not a fundamental right. One must earn it. In reality, the little fellow (Obama, if you prefer) hasn't earned any respect. Actually, since he has never really worked, he has earned nothing whatsoever.
More right fibs? I won't say lies, it seems to offend some on here.

Quote:Here is Obama's full work history, as detailed by Politifact:

1975 or 1976 - ice cream scooper, Baskin-Robbins - Honolulu - Obama claims to have lost his taste for ice cream during this, his first job, the duration of which is not publicly known.

Date unknown - deli counter clerk, business name unknown - Honolulu - Obama had a summer job at a deli counter in Hawaii, making sandwiches, his spokesman said during the presidential campaign.

1980 - gift shop sales clerk, business name unknown - Honolulu - Obama worked at a gift shop in Hawaii selling island souvenirs the summer after his freshman year at Occidental College in California.

Sometime between 1981-1983 - construction worker, business name unknown - New York - Obama cleared a construction site for a summer on Manhattan's Upper West Side while attending Columbia University, the Associated Press reported. Obama referred to this job in Dreams From My Father .

Sometime between 1981-1983 - position unknown, company unknown - New York - During his years at Columbia University, Obama worked one summer for a private company processing health records of either police or firefighters, his spokesman said during the presidential campaign.

Sometime between 1981-1983 - telemarketer, company unknown - New York - During one school year at Columbia, Obama was a telemarketer in midtown Manhattan selling New York Times subscriptions over the phone, his spokesman said during the presidential campaign.

1983-84 - research assistant, Business International Corporation - New York - At this firm that helped American companies do business abroad, Obama was a researcher and writer for a reference service called Financing Foreign Operations; among his duties was writing a newsletter called Business International Money Report.

1985 - project coordinator, New York Public Interest Research Group - New York - Obama mobilized student volunteers at City College in Harlem for NYPIRG, a nonprofit organization that promotes consumer, environmental and government reform. He promoted activism around issues such as mass transit, higher education, tuition, financial aid and recycling.

1985-1988 - community organizer, Developing Communities Project - Chicago - Obama advocated for asbestos removal, job training and public-works services at this community organization on Chicago's South Side.

1988 - research assistant, Lawrence Tribe - student assistant to this Harvard Law School professor and renowned constitutional scholar.

1989 - summer associate, Hopkins & Sutter - Obama held this job the summer between his first and second years of law school.

1990 - summer associate, Sidley & Austin - After his second year of law school Obama was a summer associate for one of the world's oldest and largest law firms, where he met Michelle Robinson, his future wife.

1990-1991 - president, Harvard Law Review - Obama was the first African-American to hold this prestigious position.

1991-1992 - executive director, Project Vote - Ran a campaign that registered nearly 150,000 black voters for the 1992 elections.

1993-2004 - associate and partner (starting 1996), Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland - Chicago - defended clients ranging from landlords to a securities trader, and handled employment-discrimination and voting-rights cases at this Chicago law firm.

1993-2004 - part-time lecturer, University of Chicago Law School - Chicago - lectured on constitutional law.

1995 - author, Times Books - published memoir, Dreams From My Father.

1997-2004 - state senator, Illinois - senator from Illinois' 13th District on Chicago's South Side.

2005-2008 - U.S. Senator - represented Illinois in the U.S. Senate.

2006 -- Author, Random House - published The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream.

2009 - President, United States - Washington - In his current position, Obama is the head of state of the most powerful country in the world. He runs the executive branch and serves as commander in chief of the armed forces.

The final count? Eleven private sector jobs, compared to six nonprofit or government employers. Granted, he may not have a career built on business management like his opponent Mitt Romney, but implying that he has less experience than the kid flipping burgers at McDonalds? Completely false.

Besides, isn't his employment history -- that of a man who went from an ice cream scooper to the president of the United States in about 33 years -- the epitome of the American dream?

http://www.ibtimes.com/yes-president-oba...tor-759767
More right fibs? I won't say lies, it seems to offend some on here.

More of your truth manipulations??? I would think even you would know that fibs and lies are synonymous.

Lots of unknown companies! One time, it appears he didn't even know his working position, BUT I'll bet he did a good job at whatever he was doing!