Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Messiah" Rebuffed
Kardashian's attempt to "visit" New York to "survey" the destruction from the storm has bee rebuffed by Mayor Bloomberg. Bloomberg says that the city has plenty to do without "hosting" an event designed to bring out a lot of cameras. He realizes that the manpower and money diverted from the cleanup to protecting the "visitor" would be enormous. Good for him.

While Kardashian is playing this role to the hilt (He even wears a dark suit and tie now), he is obviously in full campaign mode.

Too bad he didn't show the same concern in regard to Ambassador Stevens and the Navy Seals in Libya.
Have you seen the interview given by Charles Woods, the father of one of the navy seals that was killed? I didn't know what to do first, cry or puke.

"W" absolutely did some things wrong, but when he was circling the damaged area that had been left by Katrina, he made the decision not to land for these very reasons. He suffered a lot of criticism for that decision, but I believe he made the correct one!

I'm telling you, after viewing that interview, I have a lot of feelings about Obama that I didn't have before. Not that it will make a lot of difference to anyone, but as far as I'm concerned he truely is an abomination.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Kardashian's attempt to "visit" New York to "survey" the destruction from the storm has bee rebuffed by Mayor Bloomberg. Bloomberg says that the city has plenty to do without "hosting" an event designed to bring out a lot of cameras. He realizes that the manpower and money diverted from the cleanup to protecting the "visitor" would be enormous. Good for him.

While Kardashian is playing this role to the hilt (He even wears a dark suit and tie now), he is obviously in full campaign mode.

Too bad he didn't show the same concern in regard to Ambassador Stevens and the Navy Seals in Libya.
It didn't go down quite like you describe.

Edit: For future reference, people here like to see links when you make claims, so they can read for themselves.
Quote:New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg said at a news conference Tuesday evening that he declined President Barack Obama’s offer to visit New York City in the midst of Hurricane Sandy’s aftermath, saying that a trip to New Jersey would suffice.

“I talked to the president today and I talked to his chief of staff [Jack Lew] today, particularly about a trip here. What I pointed out to him is that we would love to have him, but we‘ve got lots of things to do,” Bloomberg told reporters. “And I’m not trying to diss him, but I know he had planned a trip to New Jersey, and I said, ‘That’s fine. It represents the whole region; people understand the storm.’”

Bloomberg, who has remained neutral in the presidential race and made comments critical of both Obama and Mitt Romney, continued: “He has a lot of things to do. And I was flattered that he offered to come, but I think that the thing for him to do is go to New Jersey and represent the country.”

A White House official told POLITICO after Bloomberg’s press conference that the White House called Bloomberg to let him know “that we planned to travel to New Jersey and to ask if he concurred with our assessment that tomorrow would not be the right time to visit New York City.”

Obama is scheduled to travel to New Jersey Wednesday to survey the storm’s damage with the state’s Republican governor Chris Christie.

Bloomberg said the coordination between city, state and government officials has been successful in dealing with the storm.

“You know there was a lot of criticism of FEMA back in the [Hurricane] Katrina days, and today you hear nothing but good things about FEMA, and they certainly have been very helpful to us, as has our working with [New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo],” Bloomberg said.

He added: “I think the coordination between the city, state and the federal government has been as good as anybody has ever seen. And we appreciate the help of all of them.”
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/101...z2AsPHUBX0
Quote:7:26AM EDT October 31. 2012 - Political storms indeed make strange bedfellows.

President Obama will review Hurricane Sandy damage today with New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, a Republican and frequent Obama critic.

Obama will not be going to neighboring New York City, where Mayor Michael Bloomberg -- a self-styled independent who has been both complimentary and critical of Obama -- said this is not the time for a presidential visit.

New York City would "love to have him, but we've got lots of things to do," said Bloomberg, who spoke yesterday with White House Chief of Staff Jack Lew.

Bloomberg also praised the federal response to the disaster: "You know, there was a lot of criticism with (the Federal Emergency Management Agency) back in the (Hurricane) Katrina days, and today, you hear nothing but good things about FEMA, and they certainly have been very helpful to us."

Christie, a major supporter of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, has been effusive in his praise of Obama during the storm.

"The president has been outstanding in this," Christie said on Tuesday.

Obama and Christie also did a storm tour last year in the wake of Hurricane Irene.

Today, the White House said, Obama "will join Governor Christie in viewing the storm damage, talking with citizens who are recovering from the storm and thanking first responders who put their lives at risk to protect their communities."

The storm has give Obama what some call a "commander-in-chief moment."

But his actions can't help but be viewed in a political context, less than a week before Election Day -- and no one knows if it will help him at the polls, or have no effect.

As noted above, the storm has scrambled traditional politics.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/20...y/1670759/
Perfectly acceptable and politically correct response. What else would he say? "Don't land your dumbass here and divert needed resources."??

I've tried to be open minded RealVille...I really have. But after seeing that interview with Charles Woods, I am completely finished with Obama.

I cannot believe what this man did!! What if that were YOUR son that he watched die in real time while NOT lifting a damn finger to help?

This is incredible.
Of course Bloomberg was being politically correct. His message to Kardashian was exactly what I stated. Kardashian is obviously trying to play president.

And, yes, I saw Mr. Woods and heard his statement. Too bad it is being suppressed by the media. Now, if we were talking about Cindy Sheehan, it would get constant coverage and analysis.

If the abomination wins the election, it will be because of the media. The pansy can't win on his own. Of course, if he wins, on Wednesday morning, the lines at gun and ammunition shops all over the country will be long. Bet on it.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Of course Bloomberg was being politically correct. His message to Kardashian was exactly what I stated. Kardashian is obviously trying to play president.

And, yes, I saw Mr. Woods and heard his statement. Too bad it is being suppressed by the media. Now, if we were talking about Cindy Sheehan, it would get constant coverage and analysis.

If the abomination wins the election, it will be because of the media. The pansy can't win on his own. Of course, if he wins, on Wednesday morning, the lines at gun and ammunition shops all over the country will be long. Bet on it.
How often do republicans chant this phrase when a democrat wins a Presidential election? "Obama(<insert any democrat here) wants to take your guns". LOL.
I'm really trying to control my outrage.

Gun control isn't the issue with me. I've enough guns and ammo to last me until I die.

Desertion has been a crime punishable by a firing squad since way before my time. I consider Obama a deserter with the highest contempt.
Granny Bear Wrote:Have you seen the interview given by Charles Woods, the father of one of the navy seals that was killed? I didn't know what to do first, cry or puke.

"W" absolutely did some things wrong, but when he was circling the damaged area that had been left by Katrina, he made the decision not to land for these very reasons. He suffered a lot of criticism for that decision, but I believe he made the correct one!

I'm telling you, after viewing that interview, I have a lot of feelings about Obama that I didn't have before. Not that it will make a lot of difference to anyone, but as far as I'm concerned he truely is an abomination.

Personally I prefer to use the term OBAMANATION. For some reason , it just seems to fit.
I see your point much clearer now Bob!!

I was hoping to calm down before posting; it isn't happening. I can not imagine anybody able to watch that attack in real time, and choosing not to respond. He is a parent, for God's sake!

How could anybody do that?
Well now isn't that cute that we got junior clickin his little "likie" button on assorted posts.

Note to junior: There is nothing more repulsive than a wishy washy wimp, that has no idea what he stands for. I may not always agree with TheRealville on his posts, but at least he is consistant. I have way more respect for someone who takes a stand and sticks to it and than someone who blows just like the wind............Try growing a set junior, and go one way or another.
Granny Bear Wrote:I see your point much clearer now Bob!!

I was hoping to calm down before posting; it isn't happening. I can not imagine anybody able to watch that attack in real time, and choosing not to respond. He is a parent, for God's sake!

How could anybody do that?

Granny, there is nothing to calm down over. You are reacting exactly like you and every Amerian should react. There is absolutely no defense for it. Everybody should be outraged all the way to the polls. I will never be able to respect ANYONE who will turn their heads and let this evil, corrupt, would be dictator get away with this.
New York City is not big enough for two aspiring dictators.
Bob Seger Wrote:Well now isn't that cute that we got junior clickin his little "likie" button on assorted posts.

Note to junior: There is nothing more repulsive than a wishy washy wimp, that has no idea what he stands for. I may not always agree with TheRealville on his posts, but at least he is consistant. I have way more respect for someone who takes a stand and sticks to it and than someone who blows just like the wind............Try growing a set junior, and go one way or another.
Believe it or not, I'm pretty centrist economically. My far left leanings always come from social issues. Right up until the second that McCain picked Palin as his running mate, I had every intention in the world in voting for him. Make no mistake, if it comes out officially that Obama is hiding something in this, I would be mad as hell too. I'm just not willing to speculate before everything comes out. I have not defended Obama in the least on this, I have merely said that we don't have all the facts yet.
TheRealVille Wrote:Believe it or not, I'm pretty centrist economically. My far left leanings always come from social issues. Right up until the second that McCain picked Palin as his running mate, I had every intention in the world in voting for him. Make no mistake, if it comes out officially that Obama is hiding something in this, I would be mad as hell too. I'm just not willing to speculate before everything comes out. I have not defended Obama in the least on this, I have merely said that we don't have all the facts yet.

Many, many criminals have been convicted on circumstantial evidence. The circumstantial evidence in the Libya matter is overwhelming. Kardashian's stonewalling until after the election is material circumstantial, if not damning, evidence.
TheRealVille Wrote:Believe it or not, I'm pretty centrist economically. My far left leanings always come from social issues. Right up until the second that McCain picked Palin as his running mate, I had every intention in the world in voting for him. Make no mistake, if it comes out officially that[B] Obama is hiding something [/B]in this, I would be mad as hell too. I'm just not willing to speculate before everything comes out. I have not defended Obama in the least on this, I have merely said that we don't have all the facts yet.

You mean to tell us that you have seen nothing that makes you think Obama is hiding something? Are you really serious? Can you not (with the information you have) conclude anything on your own?

Anyone with half a brain "officially" knows this thug is hiding something. It shocks me (even coming from you) that some are willing to give him a pass on this.
TheRealVille Wrote:Believe it or not, I'm pretty centrist economically. My far left leanings always come from social issues. Right up until the second that McCain picked Palin as his running mate, I had every intention in the world in voting for him. Make no mistake, if it comes out officially that Obama is hiding something in this, I would be mad as hell too. I'm just not willing to speculate before everything comes out. I have not defended Obama in the least on this, I have merely said that we don't have all the facts yet.

If you'd ever served in the armed services you would have a clue about what I am about to say. The character of high ranking military is never in question. How many light Colonels, and generals have to go on national TV and call Obama out to suit you? Have you stopped for even one second to ask yourself how much courage it takes for career military officers of all branches to stand up publically to the commander-in-chief? If they weren't very sure they were right and that his actions were an affront to their honor and country, it would never happen. They're putting their whole career and all of their honor on the line here. It's time to smell the coffee RV. Sometimes men with honor just know they have to put country in front of self. This outfit you are so enamored with, put their political party over the lives of heros and the entire nation. How petty is that? It's incredible that folks still choose to give him the benefit of the doubt despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary. I think Hoot has it just right, they didn't expect there to be any survivors and that's why they floated that video story.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
One must wonder what Chris Christie is doing. He has done everything but kiss Kardashian's butt and that may be next. All he is doing is creating a photo opportunity for Kardashian. He is being used and apparently isn't smart enough to figure it out or doesn't care.

Either way, he has destroyed much of his credibility.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:One must wonder what Chris Christie is doing. He has done everything but kiss Kardashian's butt and that may be next. All he is doing is creating a photo opportunity for Kardashian. He is being used and apparently isn't smart enough to figure it out or doesn't care.

Either way, he has destroyed much of his credibility.
You play politics even in the midst of disaster. You are the lowest form of a human. One might even say lower than a serpent's belly. :devilflam
^ And Obama isn't playing politics by taking advantage of the photo ops?
TheRealVille Wrote:You play politics even in the midst of disaster. You are the lowest form of a human. One might even say lower than a serpent's belly. :devilflam

Coming from you, with your history, that is a compliment. And, if you don't think your boy is playing politics, you are a fool. He is playing this for all it is worth. As another of your boys, Rahm Emmanuel, said, "You don't waste a disaster". Kardashian and the media will squeeze every ounce out of it.
WideRight05 Wrote:^ And Obama isn't playing politics by taking advantage of the photo ops?
He's doing what he should do, as well as Christie. Reaching out to hurting people during a major disaster, that is affecting millions of people. They are leaders of the country, and state. He's the President. You think he should fly around in Air force 1 and assess the damage, or be on the ground showing that the US is standing behind the hurting? I applaud both of them.
(sorry, I meant to hit the PM button and missed)
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Coming from you, with your history, that is a compliment. And, if you don't think your boy is playing politics, you are a fool. He is playing this for all it is worth. As another of your boys, Rahm Emmanuel, said, "You don't waste a disaster". Kardashian and the media will squeeze every ounce out of it.
With your two comments, the name that first came to my mind was Adolph Hitler. :truestory:
Granny Bear Wrote:(sorry, I meant to hit the PM button and missed)
Go ahead and PM Harry and "kiss his butt", for his wonderful posts.
^^
First time I have laughed today!!

I hope WideRight05 comes back in here real soon.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Coming from you, with your history, that is a compliment. And, if you don't think your boy is playing politics, you are a fool. He is playing this for all it is worth. As another of your boys, Rahm Emmanuel, said, "You don't waste a disaster". Kardashian and the media will squeeze every ounce out of it.
Why don't you post everything he said, in context? It had zero to do with being in the political spotlight. Your credibility is on par with about 2-3 more here.

http://allthenewsthatfits.wordpress.com/...us-crisis/
TheRealVille Wrote:With your two comments, the name that first came to my mind was Adolph Hitler. :truestory:

I've wasted enough time with you TheRealVille. After all, if your boy wins, I'll be paying even more income taxes so I better work harder or bill higher. It's time for me to move on.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I've wasted enough time with you TheRealVille. After all, if your boy wins, I'll be paying even more income taxes so I better work harder or bill higher. It's time for me to move on.
I thought you might quit after I posted the video showing how you post stuff out of context, the way your kind does. Good day sir.Confusednicker: