Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you think will be in the State Title games in 1A?
Will Mayfield and Frankfort play before the finals?
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Harlan fan here and I think that it's Williamsburg to the finals from the East, but not sure if they can beat a seasoned Mayfield team looking to regain the title. Most of the Harlan folks that I speak with think Hazard gets back one last time before the Jackets get over the hump next year, but me thinks that Dalton Sizemore has a big game against the Dogs in the Regional Finals.
[quote=TheBrahmaBull]Will Mayfield and Frankfort play before the finals?[/llQUOTE]
Mayfield and Frankfort would play at Substate to represent the West. Although Frankfort would have to beat Beachwood before they see Mayfield. If they take the Wood for granted they will have a nice and relaxing thanksgiving holiday with all the stress of playoff football done for the year.
Killer in the Sun, he showed alot last year. Was it 13carries for 25yards? Hit him and he'll fold
For god's sake sur64, I sure hope we stay healthy and get to the finals and I hope with all my heart that Williamsburg has all the stars alligned, the right gravitational pull and all of Hazard out sick, so they can make it there as well. The reason I want this more than anything is to see you with that "you got served" sign sticking out your back side.
Dont let the pressure get to you MYSONIS55,Ihope you all stay healthy.we dont want any excuse.want here that from 64surConfusedmoke:
Bigrednation Wrote:Killer in the Sun, he showed alot last year. Was it 13carries for 25yards? Hit him and he'll fold

Jackson played on a torn knee ligament in that game. Hazard took the run away and forced our Soph QB to throw the ball and he had a really bad game. Please please let the East 1a teams think Jackson is weak. Most Hazard fans will tell you how good Jackson is as a healthy Soph Jackson put 130 yrds and 4 tds on em. He is getting ready to break the rushing, td and tackling all time records at Mayfield. Second team allstate as a soph first team as a jr will be first team this year putting up numbers against better comp than all other 1a team. 99% of other players wouldnt have played with that injury let alone played the whole game on both sides of the ball. OMG i cant wait for the playoffs all of these teams that fill their schedules with teams who's teams biggest accomplishment is getting all of their fans home early because every team puts a continuous clock on them. Hazards coaches had a great game plan and their players executed it but if you think that makes Jackson weak you guys are in for a rude awakening. Yeah hit him and he will go town what you forget is it was a team effort and a stacked Hazard D gang tackled him. If you focus on Jackson like that this year we will throw for 400 yards on ya.
All i do is travel its good to be retired and this weekend firday night I be at Warren,Cent to watch Bowling Green and Warren,Cent. A mayfield and Hazard should be back in the state finals. just like Bowling Green and Either Cooper or Franklin,Co in 5A
Bigrednation Wrote:Killer in the Sun, he showed alot last year. Was it 13carries for 25yards? Hit him and he'll fold

yeah Mayfield they cost me $100 bucks I bet against hazard, heard all year about that speed of Mayfield. 13 carries 25 yards and 5 interceptions later I knew I made a mistake. Who ever comes out of the East will not be dominated and you can bet on that, with Frankfort and Beechwood around the West may not be determined just yet.
How good is Russellville? Will they be able to give Mayfield a game? They are in everybodies top 10 but get ignored when the discussion comes up about good class A teams.
Beechwood or Frankfort one will be playing a state semi-finale on their home field and that could be trouble for Mayfield or Russelville in the west. Just remember Lexington Christian beat Hazard early in the year and Frankfort beat LC 43-14.
Russelville is by far Mayfields best district opponent. But they are no better than Murray High the States number 3 ranked 2a team 38 to 14 in a game that was weather delayed and split and played over 2 days and by far Mayfields worst performance. If Mayfield takes care of the ball they will win by 3 or 4 scores.
cherokee Wrote:Beechwood or Frankfort one will be playing a state semi-finale on their home field and that could be trouble for Mayfield or Russelville in the west. Just remember Lexington Christian beat Hazard early in the year and Frankfort beat LC 43-14.

Beechwood was better 2 years ago and we travelled there and handled them pretty bad. Beechwood came all the way Mayfield and gave us fits last year. We travel well and the game over the holiday break allows for early travel up as to get rest before the game. So i dont think the travel will bother us to bad. I think i would rather travel to Frankfort as i have family there and it is a closer drive. I just not sure Frankfort can beat Beechwood yet. LexChrist has been i the bottum half of the 2a top 10 all year and will probably lose to Sommerset this week so they may fall out of the top 10. We stomped on Murray high and we are their only loss in a very tough schedule. Murray is number 3 in 2a and will have a legit shot.at the title game. So if we want to use good 2a opponents as a measuring stick lets do that
64SUR why don't you teach Rednblack how to use icons?
E's Army Wrote:64SUR why don't you teach Rednblack how to use icons?

I am fan of emoticons. Lol! Icons are a matter of debate. What really makes a person an icon. Lol! In all seriousness 64SUR's uses of symbols and emoticons dont bother me at all in fact i like a guy is not afraid to poke a little fun and feel strongly about the teams they support. I actually have a lot of respect for the teams and the fan bases i debate with. I think Hazard is building a 1a dynasty in the East and of course Beechwood is and will probably be a dynasty. The thought of the U got Served sign sticking out of 64surs backside is disturbing lol! Despite what some of my fellow Cardinal fans think. I would love to see Williamburg make it to the final if just to see if what people say on here is for real. I do think that Mayfield stands a chance of going to 2a so i would also like to break the tie tween us an Hazard as well though.
We dont have to worry about any changes to 2a until at least 2015. I just think there are better ways to communicate one's thoughts than getting on every site of every team your team could possibly face in the playoffs and tell them they got served. I don't know maybe just in a respectful way say something along the lines of "wish you luck, and maybe we will meet up". I do like the fact that there are other teams out there than just hazard this year. I was expecting Pikeville at the begining of the year, but that didn't work out. I do think it will be Hazard there from that side. I think we are not by far a shoe in to make it there. I think right now, we are most definately the most powerful 1a team in the state. I think things could happen though. What really killed us last year was Beechwood. They beat us up. We suffered way too many injuries at the wrong time of the year. If that game would have been reversed, I think Beechwood would have won state. I dont think they got the injury bug that we got. Hazard had a good team last year and they were deserving, I'm just using that as a point. We are all 1a schools, with limited rosters. You cant afford to have too many injuries and for some schools that could mean 1 injury. That is why this is such an uncertain thing to predict. I do wish Williamsburg good luck, but I do wish the antics would stop. I noticed you dont see Hazard or Beechwood using them. That is why those programs stay on top, its called class.
Hazard had an excellent game plan in lasts years game and stopped the running game and had pressure forcing mayfields QB to throw most of the game when last year Mayfield was primarly a running team 1st before passing.. Jackson injury in that game last year hurt but not sure it would of made a difference in the game. The young man looked dominate on the defensive side of the ball and really showed no injury on defense because he was flying all over there field..
mysonis55 Wrote:We dont have to worry about any changes to 2a until at least 2015. I just think there are better ways to communicate one's thoughts than getting on every site of every team your team could possibly face in the playoffs and tell them they got served. I don't know maybe just in a respectful way say something along the lines of "wish you luck, and maybe we will meet up". I do like the fact that there are other teams out there than just hazard this year. I was expecting Pikeville at the begining of the year, but that didn't work out. I do think it will be Hazard there from that side. I think we are not by far a shoe in to make it there. I think right now, we are most definately the most powerful 1a team in the state. I think things could happen though. What really killed us last year was Beechwood. They beat us up. We suffered way too many injuries at the wrong time of the year. If that game would have been reversed, I think Beechwood would have won state. I dont think they got the injury bug that we got. Hazard had a good team last year and they were deserving, I'm just using that as a point. We are all 1a schools, with limited rosters. You cant afford to have too many injuries and for some schools that could mean 1 injury. That is why this is such an uncertain thing to predict. I do wish Williamsburg good luck, but I do wish the antics would stop. I noticed you dont see Hazard or Beechwood using them. That is why those programs stay on top, its called class.

You can't base class at Williamsburg by one person's post. 64Sur is the only one that is making post like that. I am glad that he is enthusiastic about our team but there are better ways of getting your point across. We are excited about our team this year and our goal is to make it to Bowling Green as I'm sure several other teams have that hope too. All of the 1A teams live week to week with injuries and other things coming into play. So far we have been lucky in the injury department but you are right one injury can kill a 1A team. We have a lot of heart and talent so I hope it takes us where we want to go. Jacket Pride!!!
:what:You want class then i can help you out MYSONIS55:blondetea Hazard want be coming to bowling green or raceland.new team coming west on a charter bus an that team is WILLIAMSBURG.WITH A AIR ATTACK that mayfield hasnt face in your lifetime and a defense like a swarm of yellowjacket you will run backward to mayfield.keep from getting sting.I am proud of this team an everybody eastern kentucky town will to.we want what HAZARD :1: Got last year THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP and deny ANY WEST TEAM:muscleman
williamsburg and hazard will be the game to watch coming out of the east id say it will be a barn burner. today Williamsburgs injury report said that Helton will be back and Andrew Griffith will be 100% before playoffs but anything can happen in 5 games.
Thank god there is someone that can speak in a more acceptable manner than sur 64 in Williamsburg. I meant no offense to your team. I just think these posts are rude. It would be one thing if it was one team he had a grudge with, but it's the whole state. I got a buddy here that has been pulling for your team cause he knows someone there. I was kinda with him then came sur64. Good luck, make no mistake you will need it to get past hazard. I just hope we can both avoid the injury bug.
64sur, this is not meant to be derogatory, but please just take a few minutes to make sure that your grammar and spelling isn't so bad that nobody can read it. It makes your team look bad.
I want to make this clear.I dont live in williamsburgs .64SUR live in laurel county kentucky an i have follow football for 36yrs HAZARD,LESLIE,BELFRY,BREATHITT.has a place in my heart an when i tell you i no of a good team take it to the bank.an WILLIAMSBURG HAS THAT TEAM an yes hazard does to but the time has come for hazard to give us the keys to the bus,and they dont want to so we are going to there home field an take it.an battle for the key to bowling green now STOP crying:begTongueLAYBALL:champ:WE ARE WILLIAMSBURG MY ADOPTED TEAM :loveya:toConfusedmoke:
^^ Man, you must type with your feet.
:dontthinkWell mam64, I hope your team can play alot better than you can write. First how many Williamsburgs are there I thought it was Williamsburg. Second and has a d after the n. Third "no" is a negative, If you are referring to having knowledge of something then the word is know. Next it is too instead of to. Next when referring to a possession of something it is theirs not theres. Besides all of that, it kind of sounds like you may have some front runner issues going on here. First you are a fan of all these storied traditions and now that they may not be on pace for what you like, the new up and coming thing is Williamsburg. Lastly, I think you are on tract about this team from Williamsburg but they probably need a year or two more.
Williamsburg came outta no where this year, they may win state
Alright, to put this one in perspective. I have been rating teams schedules like this for the past 3 years or so and I find this to be a very good indicator of what teams are for real and what ones are not. I first rate their schedules on a plus or minus scale. It is done by how many teams you play above your class. If you are 1a and you play a 5a, that would make that game a plus 4. In doing this I found this to be the most lopsided rating I have ever done. Williamsburgs schedule to this point is a plus 1. Mayfield's is a plus 19. Williamsburgs opponents have a combined record of 13-35. Mayfield's opponents have a combined record of 33-17. Williamsburgs record is 6-1 as is Mayfield's. Williamsburg has played 2 teams ranked in the top 10 of any class, they are #10 in 1a Harlan and #6 in Tn 2a. They lost to the 2a team. Mayfield has played 3 teams ranked in the top 10 of any class and 1 that is ranked 13 in 5a. The top ten teams are Warren Central #2 in 5a, Paducah Tilghman #10 in 3a and Murray #3 in 2a. Mayfield lost to Warren Central and beat all the others. Williamsburg has outscored their opponents 338-72. Mayfield has outscored their opponents 337-133. About 40 of those points were scored on Mayfield's JV or Freshmen. I forgot another few other important stats for you, Mayfield has 8 state championship rings, 9 state runner up trophies and has been in the big dance the last 3 years. Now when you are serving people sur64, it is important to know who you are serving. By the way in the same type of comparisons, Beechwood, Frankfort and Hazard all blow your stats away. It is great to support your team just dont blow out remarks that you cant back.
wow i didnt no i was in a spelling contest :worthy:you win the the spelling bee:1:mysonis55 now lets play football:theman::girlwink:
Wow, I post something of an educational post on why exactly 64sur should show at least a little respect to other teams and poof, he finally becomes quiet. I guess I should have told him after I broke the schedules down for him that he had now been served. Just very surprised that he didn't reply with something about that one.Confusednicker:
From the Harlan perspective, if Williamsburg keeps their heads they will come out of the East to play in the State Championship game. They are the real deal and they could go back to back witht their youth next year. Oh and let he Wburg players know to get out of the pile quick, cause teams that play Hazard have a habit of getting "injured" in the pile.