Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you think will be in the State Title games in 1A?
Who do you think will be in the State title game in 1A?
Williamsburg and Mayfield.
Mayfield vs. Hazard or Williamsburg

I'd be shocked if anyone other than two of those three teams were there.
Williamsburg vs Mayfield:devilflam
Mayfield is a lock out west. The east is Williamsburg,Raceland,fairview, or hazard
Frankfort is VERY GOOD this season but I dont think they have enough to beat Mayfield!
Look for Mayfield to make it. In the West but it isnt a lock Mayfield and Coach Morris know that Beechwood has been banged up but is coming on. I think I will wait n see if Frankfort is for real or not. I know their O is good just not sure about the D giving up over 60 points to Franklin Co is alot. I know Franklin is supposed to be good but the best team they have played is 1a Frankfort and a mediocre Wooford Co team gave them a game and put up 50 points. So if Franklin County beats Anderson Co bad Fri they will have my respect as.a top 10 5a team cause as of right now if Woodford can play with them then Warren Central and BG would smoke em. Frankfort did beat a historically strong Lex Chris. But LCA is down and is bottum half of the top 10 in 2a this year. So I think that Frankfort is good but not great yet. I may be wrong about them and truth be told I would rather watch a playoff game in Frankfort then drive to Beechwood. So Im kinda pullin for them to knock Beechwood out. In the East I still think its Hazard.
I have done a little research on this issue with Frankfort. I have watched their film on hudl. I have compared their schedules and the results and this is how is lays out. Be honest with you it may not be an issue, because they have to beat Beechwood to get to Mayfield. Beechwood may as everyone says, be down but a down Beechwood is a great 1a team. Now back on point, I rate the schedules by a plus or minus rating. This plus system goes on teams above your class you play. For instance if you are 1a and you play a 2a team, that is a plus 1. To the point I figured, which was prior to Frankfort's last game, Mayfield had a plus 19 and Frankfort a plus 12. We were 6-1 and Frankfort 5-1. Frankforts opponents combined record was 19-22. Mayfield's was 28-16. Frankfort scored 219 and gave up 144 against that schedule. Mayfield scored 337 and gave up 133. If you look at similar games Mayfield played 5a (#3) Warren Central to a 42-28 game. Frankfort played 5a (#4) Franklin Co to a 62-30 game. Frankfort played 2a (#6) LCA and beat them 43-14. Mayfield beat 2a (#4) Murray 38-14. As far as the film goes, I will just say as a novice coach, as a Mayfield fan I liked what I saw.
Mayfield is the state Champions this year theirs not a team in the East can beat them their at least 14 points better than Hazard,Williamsburg or Frankfort. But the Finals is Mayfield and Hazard. Sleeper Fairview in the east.
ballboy Wrote:Mayfield is the state Champions this year theirs not a team in the East can beat them their at least 14 points better than Hazard,Williamsburg or Frankfort. But the Finals is Mayfield and Hazard. Sleeper Fairview in the east.

there's*
they're*
Mayfield got the shit stomped out of them last year and even though I think they will win they are not at least 14 points better than Hazard or Williamsburg.
Frankfort is by far the best 1A football team in the state and will win the state championship with ease. Frankfort is dominate this year. No one and I mean no one will beat them in class A.
That game was up for grabs going in to the 4th. Hazard was great last year but with Mayfields best player playing with a torn meniscus and their second best playing with a pulled hstring. Starting center out injured starting guard out injured second best rb out injured you saw nowhere near the team that they should have been. Now you play the game with who you got and you guys played great and coulda beat a healthy Mayfield team last year who had a soph qb who really struggled with telegraphing passes
But Guy is playing lights out this year and has complete control this O and people around here are saying that this years team is closer to the 2010 team than the 2011 team. You know the 2010 team who put up 47 points and a continuous clock by the end of the 3rd quarter on Hazard in the state finals. Really hoping we both get there this year to settle the tie before Mayfield possibly gets moved to 2a.
sportsguru4u Wrote:Frankfort is by far the best 1A football team in the state and will win the state championship with ease. Frankfort is dominate this year. No one and I mean no one will beat them in class A.

Well lets just hand them and their weak ass schedule with their big wins over a down Lexington Christian and the 104 state ranked Green County the trophy. Back it up as to why. The only team you guys played that was in the top 50 was Franklin County who destroyed yall. Franklin County is the 20 ranked team in the State Mayfield is the 10th. I really really hope you guys beat Beechwood.
rednblackattack Wrote:That game was up for grabs going in to the 4th. Hazard was great last year but with Mayfields best player playing with a torn meniscus and their second best playing with a pulled hstring. Starting center out injured starting guard out injured second best rb out injured you saw nowhere near the team that they should have been. Now you play the game with who you got and you guys played great and coulda beat a healthy Mayfield team last year who had a soph qb who really struggled with telegraphing passes
But Guy is playing lights out this year and has complete control this O and people around here are saying that this years team is closer to the 2010 team than the 2011 team. You know the 2010 team who put up 47 points and a continuous clock by the end of the 3rd quarter on Hazard in the state finals. Really hoping we both get there this year to settle the tie before Mayfield possibly gets moved to 2a.

:poker face:
I'm Curious to what the people from Harlen think? Who do you all think will come out of the east? Not counting you all out just asking because you have played Williamsburg and hazard ?
Mayfield, Frankfort and Beechwood are contenders from the west. Hazard, Raceland, Fairview and Williamsburg from the east. Mayfield and Hazard are most likely to be in championship. Any of the above can and may be there. We are entering the stretch were we find out who the pretenders are. Raceland and Fairview both have the opportunity to make a statement Friday. But the loser of that one may reverse the outcome in the playoffs. Injuries will be a huge factor as to who eventually wins it all.
repeat from last years title game
Mayfield vs Hazard
Frankfort vs Raceland in the Championship. Franfort wins
Mayfield vs Williamsburg
williamsburg 64SUR from the east an dont care who from the west mayfield beechwood it doesnt matter
OH by the way mayfield or beechwood Confusederved:by the:policeman:policeman:policeman the AIR ATTACK coming to bowling green :football::footballConfusedo enjoy the trip because our defense is just as good as hazard was lastyear but quicker:insane:Confusedmoke:Confusedmoke:Confusedmoke:
Not sure who the other team would be, but I definitely think Mayfield would be there.
running_clock Wrote:there's*
they're*
Mayfield got the shit stomped out of them last year and even though I think they will win they are not at least 14 points better than Hazard or Williamsburg.

Really?

It was 24-6 final, but only 10-6 at halftime.

Final stats showed Hazard with only 20 more yards of offense.

Take away 5 interceptions and you might have a different game. One interception set up Hazard at the Cardinal 30 and the last interception was a TD return.

Hazard earned the championship but your crude assessment is off base.
Mayfield vs Raceland
Hazard and Mayfield... Both teams are locks... Raceland and Williamsburg and Fairview will have there shot just like beechwood and frankfort but the same two will be in bowling green.
All I can say to Williamsburg student that thinks he has served us and hazard over this years posts, repeatedly, Get ready we will see who gets served when they put on their big boy pants in a few weeks.
ballboy Wrote:Mayfield is the state Champions this year theirs not a team in the East can beat them their at least 14 points better than Hazard,Williamsburg or Frankfort. But the Finals is Mayfield and Hazard. Sleeper Fairview in the east.

I wish i had the time you do and could travel to watch Mayfield, Hazard, and Williamsburg all within the first six weeks, because your acting like you have.

Im going with Frankfort/Mayfield in the west and Wburg/Hazard in the east.

Any of the four could win it.
Hazard took a big blow if its true. THey lost starting WR and Safety Austin Johnson.. Not sure what the injury is but that will be a big blow. But They have a kid that came from Texas who will get some PT against Jenkins execited to see and hear about him. Hes big tall boy about 6,3 or 6,4 about 200lbs should be a monster of an athlete if he lives up to his size...
2369 is that Rod Rhodes boy?
Havent the slightest clue.. On that Hazard roster on the Khsaa website his name is Chris Hudson i believe?