Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you think will be in the State Title games in 1A?
I just wanted to take the time to say that I'm truly sorry to hear the johnson kid from hazard got hurt. I hope he can get back in it before too deep in playoffs. I remember the kid from last year, he looked good. I think he would be a senior this year. I hate to hear something like that for any kid, that is alot of talent to try to replace. I know nothing of this kid from texas but he has some big shoes to fill if he is taking johnson's spot. that would almost be as big as beechwood losing nusbam.
Hazard has no chance this year.. watched them play pburg... wasn't impressed.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
With the loss of Johnson hazard chances of winning the state championship is hurt, Williamsburg better start playing a better schedule their schedule is awful for a team that thinks their going to be in a state title game Racland,Fairview, Hazard and Harlan are a threat to Williamsburg. Mayfield is the best team abd then probably Beechwood or Frankfort are next. Not to knock no one but classA west Kentucky is better than the East. Like it or not but the truth is the truth lets see what happens.
After watching Frankfort play Paris last Friday, I'm not going to talk trash. Frankfort is capable of scoring several on Beechwood this year due to a more balanced offense but I still don't know if over 4 quarters we can stop Beechwood or Mayfield. I guess we will find out about one of them. I'm just of the opinion Beechwood or Mayfield would have drop 70 on Paris.
ballboy Wrote:Mayfield is the state Champions this year theirs not a team in the East can beat them their at least 14 points better than Hazard,Williamsburg or Frankfort. But the Finals is Mayfield and Hazard. Sleeper Fairview in the east.

Exactly what everyone west of Lexington said last year!
:howdy: mysonis55 I am not a student at williamsburg,i am 53 years old and i dont have a son who play football at williamsburg. i live in laurel county.my son goes to north laurel.this is my first year follow BGR. I enjoy highschool football games.I have family and friends kids that play for the following teams i support north laurel,leslie,knox,clay,LCA,and williamsburg.Just bringing a little fun to BGRConfusederved:i just believe that williamsburg has got the it factor this year an if you play us in a couple of weeks my adopted team you will feel this defense from the endzone,sideline and bleacher WE ARE WILLIAMSBURG an we are selling tickets for a charter bus to bowling green come an enjoy the ride.:beg::wieghts::omg:Confusedmoke:
Until someone knocks Hazard out I will have to go with the Bulldogs from the east. I believe Frankfort will come out of the West.
A little research shows that Hazard has still played by far the toughest schedule of all 1a teams. Williamsburg better D than Hazard last year but the only team of any value they played beat them and they were just mediocdre ranked 75 in the state the rest of the schedule consisted of terrble teams and by terrible one of them is ranked below fulton city a team mayfield dropped 45 first quarter points on
Meant of all 1a teams in the east
Folks as a long High School football fan and having watch Frankfort a lot over the last 20 years I can tell you this they are talented.

The problem is they have the toughest road the the state title. They have to beat Beechwood and Mayfield in back to back weeks. Now who in Class A in the last 10 years think they could do it back to back.

As for Beechwood. They are starting to get everyone back and starting to come together.

Mayfield is on a mission. They are the most talented team in CLASS A.

Hazard - Still the king of the East until someone knocks them out.

Fairview, Raceland and Williamsburg are good enough to do so.
It will be Mayfield vs. Hazard again in the Championship game this year. Losing Austin Johnson is going to hurt badly but replacing him with a guy 6'6 - 210 shoudlnt hurt the dogs to bad. With Austin out of the lineup, that just means more touches for Higgins and Olinger. Higgins can absolutely fly. Olinger is strong as a bull with speed. I will miss Johnson though, he is awesome. Hope he makes it back soon.
I don't think Frankfort has what it takes to win a State Championship
Mayfield vs. Hazard, don't let the dawgs record fool you, any 1A school playing that schedule would have the same record or worse

but im keeping my on frankfort
In the west, I think Beechwood gets their guys back to full strength, with a few weeks of playing together, they get the better of Frankfort. As for Mayfield I'm not so sure. Beechwood is still Beechwood and as someone mentioned before, a down Beechwood is still a good 1A football team, it's been that way for years and years. Out of the East, I still have to say it's Hazard's side of the bracket to loose. They are contenders year in and year out. Though losing the reciever/db may be a problem as I noticed they rely heavily on him offensively. But I think that Raceland or Fairview both stand a big chance and suprising some people. Raceland is a more well rounded and balanced football team than Fairview, but Fairview probably has the best backfield since the Jennings, Crisp, Jones era. I'll say Mayfield from the west and Hazard/Raceland/Fairview from the east. Williamsburg still has alot to prove to me. As usal, my resoning is strength of schedule. They distroyed a Jelico, TN team, that hasn't won a game all year and lost to a 7-1 Oneida, TN team. With yet another TN team on the schedule. I dont know much of the tn teams they played, but they are the top dog by a longshot in their district and the rest of their schedule is just about a cake walk. Which is the case with most good 1A teams. I think its time these schools that are in the top 10 every year start scheduling one another, 1A scheduling for the most part is a joke though.
Well sur, what fun do you think it is to go onto every site and tell every 1a team they are getting served. I dont understand the humor in that. I do understand one thing though, this year barring severe injuries the 1a title this year is coming west. We will have a test in either Beechwood or Frankfort, but it is a test we are willing to take. I am starting to lean more towards Beechwood now since I watched film. I am almost certain though that Williamsburg, while a good 1a team, is not ready to take that step and beat Hazard or someone of that calibre, so be careful that you dont get served in the end.
sportsguru4u Wrote:Frankfort is by far the best 1A football team in the state and will win the state championship with ease. Frankfort is dominate this year. No one and I mean no one will beat them in class A.

toussaints Wrote:Mayfield vs. Hazard, don't let the dawgs record fool you, any 1A school playing that schedule would have the same record or worse

but im keeping my on frankfort

Completly agree of the East 1A teams Hazard has played by far the toughest shedule
But your point that any 1a team would have the same record or worse is completely wrong. Mayfield has played a tougher schedule according state rank of our competition and our competitions win loss records. We have hammered everybody but 5a number 3 team Warren Central in a game that we were winning at half despite dropping a few passes that would have led to scores and then our top player unable to play in the second half do to cramps. I will recognise that Hazard compared to other 1a teams has played the second toughest schedule followed by Beechwood. Hazard will be there in the end though. I just believe there is alot of fools gold out there cause alot of other teams are beating up on crap teams and then thinking that makes them world beaters.
So far Hazards non district opponents combine records with wins and loss is 27-8 and having play one team in Breathitt Co which is still undefeated... and still have one non district game against Sheldon Clark.

Mayfields non district opponents are 32 -11..

Its real simple though that everyone knows that Mayfield, Hazard and Beechwood do have the toughest schedules in 1A.
bac2369 Wrote:So far Hazards non district opponents combine records with wins and loss is 27-8 and having play one team in Breathitt Co which is still undefeated... and still have one non district game against Sheldon Clark.

Its real simple though that everyone knows that Mayfield, Hazard and Beechwood do have the toughest schedules in 1A.

So what yout trying to point out is Hazards opponents have lost 3 less o games but have won 4 fewer. But according to what I have seen Mayfields opponents have a better strength of schedule and a slightly better state overall ranking. The post i was responding to was one that stated that based on strength of schedule that ALL 1a teams with the same strength of schedule would have the same record or worse and that is not true. As an example Lex Christ the states number 7 or 8th ranked 2a team beat Hazard. Mayfield played Murray High the states numb 3 ranked 2a team and beat them like they stole something
Be careful there red&black, you know we couldn't have even beaten them if they were full strength. Of course we knew going into that game Murray fans were gonna use that one. I don't think there is another 1a team in this state, tn, wv, il or ind that could score 28 points on warren central. Dont believe me call up Mike Rodgers and ask to play them in a scrimmage and see for yourselves.
rednblackattack Wrote:So what yout trying to point out is Hazards opponents have lost 3 less o games but have won 4 fewer. But according to what I have seen Mayfields opponents have a better strength of schedule and a slightly better state overall ranking. The post i was responding to was one that stated that based on strength of schedule that ALL 1a teams with the same strength of schedule would have the same record or worse and that is not true. As an example Lex Christ the states number 7 or 8th ranked 2a team beat Hazard. Mayfield played Murray High the states numb 3 ranked 2a team and beat them like they stole something

bac2369 Wrote:So far Hazards non district opponents combine records with wins and loss is 27-8 and having play one team in Breathitt Co which is still undefeated... and still have one non district game against Sheldon Clark.

Sorry not impressed by Breathitt county either. How does a team get ranked so high heck if you take out Sommerset and Hazard two teams below them in class the average rank of the teams they have beat is 175. Wow 5 teams ranked 130 or worse. Heck Mayfield has played only one team not in the top 100 and that was a 6a team. Im sorry I really believe that if Hazard and Mayfield switched schedules that Mayfield would be undefeated and Hazard would lose to Murray, Tilgman, Warren Central, and Graves possibly Madisonville as well.
Hazard would probably lose to Warren Central. Not sure about any one else..

I wasnt making a point on the wins and loss just showing the records of opponents each has played... Also Mayfield has played 1 more game than hazard because hazard only has 9 scheduled games for the season..
LCA beat hazard early in the season when they line was having problems.. now they got a few games under there belt there experience has got better and are doing much better. IF hazard was to play LCA again i would gurantee a 2 tds win or better.
bac2369 Wrote:LCA beat hazard early in the season when they line was having problems.. now they got a few games under there belt there experience has got better and are doing much better. IF hazard was to play LCA again i would gurantee a 2 tds win or better.

Using that logic would.mean Mayfield should get a pass against Warren Central as we were trying to do the same thing back on Aug 17. I am sorry I really do respect the fact that Hazard has challenged themselves with a tough schedule this year but the truth is Mayfield has had a as tough if not tougher schedule and we have destroyed people. In fact much worse than it looks as we have had at least 40 points scored on us because Coach Joe played hs Freshman and Soph when the other team left in their starters. Here is hoping that it is Hazard and Mayfield in BG. If not Hazard here is hoping it is Williamsburg and their better and faster than Hazards D. Here is hoping they shut out a team ranked in the top 150 so we can all finally realize how they are ready to be the best in the East.
the kind of schelude hazard has play is what every school should want to do.play a tough schelude an then play for district then regional then the title my hat is off to hazard for this 2A,3A,4A,5A SCHOOLS LOOK TO PLAY WILLIAMSBURG NEXTS YEAR lets work together an make us all better:blondeteaConfusedmoke:
East
Region 3 Hazard v. W'burg
Region 4 Raceland v. Fairview

West
Region 1 Mayfield
Region 2 Frankfort v. Beechwood

These are clearly the 7 in contention, in my opinion. Only one I can speak to is Region 3, having seen both play, and I would say Hazard at home by 1 or 2 scores, in a much better game than last year, but if Johnson is out, especially on defense, that may just about even things up for a classic. I could see a last-minute drive, maybe OT, and just maybe Williamsburg pulling it out. Have no idea if either of these teams can go on the road to Raceland or Fairview and win, or to Bowling Green and win, but would have a hard time envisioning many teams much better athletically than Hazard or Williamsburg at the 1A level.
rednblackattack Wrote:Completly agree of the East 1A teams Hazard has played by far the toughest shedule
But your point that any 1a team would have the same record or worse is completely wrong. Mayfield

my bad, I meant 1A schools in the east bracket. Beechwood and Mayfield played tougher schedules and Frankfort's is pretty close
i havn't see coach dixon run the score up. the started is now, and the younger kids is the future of the team.

mayfield vs beechwood and hazard vs raceland,fairview, or pikeville

i haven't watch these 3 teams play this year.
After looking at the schedules and results and films that I have seen, I think unless we have some key injuries between now and 11-30-12, mhs will again be crowned in a somewhat lopsided championship game. I do think it will be hazard from the other side, because of coaching and class. I also do think that it will be beechwood the day after thanksgiving, for the same exact reasons. Teams always have classes where there is talent once in a while but the teams that have the coaching to go along with that are what makes the difference. Those teams are mhs, hazard and beechwood in 1a.
lopsided championship.HAZARD had your all number lastyear.an williamsburg has your number this year were coming to bowling green:letsparty
Mayfield vs Hazard. As long as Mayfield stays injurie free it's theirs for the taking. They have by far the best player in 1A on offense and defense, Jonathan Jackson. No issues for him= no issues for Mayfield.