Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you think will be in the State Title games in 1A?
I was looking in the records books there the two meetings between Hazard and Mayfield are the only ones in school history i believe.
64SUR Wrote::howdy:not went anywhere MYBUTTIS55:notbad:Can you sleep i can sleep goodConfusedmoke:

Hey dude when Hazard thumps Williamsburg out of the playoffs will you adopt them as your new team or just post randomly. Lol! Just looked up Williamsburg one loss and wow i thought i was going to see some juggernaught tn hs power. Oneida the 7th ranked team in TN 2a wow ranked 182 in the state of Tn and yall lost to them. Lol! We scrimaged Milan tn and they are the number 3 team in 3a, 3a runner up last year and the number 42 ranked team in overall in the whole state of tn. Our starters beat their starters like 21 to 7. Man Hazard willhammer yall by 3tds. So what team will you be serving for then? Just curious will you stay in 1a when you have to adopt a new team or will you jump classes?
I think most of us are getting side tracked by this 64sur crap. Much like, Clint Westwood, in the Fairview threads. They are only on here to cause problems and try to feed their own ego...good lord! This is all supposed to be friendly discussion. I understand that debates sometimes get heated, but alot of it is childish.

With that out of the way...I think those talking Williambsurg and Hazard are ignoring Raceland and Fairview. They are in the same boat as Williambsurg though, up to this point, they haven't done anything past the 3rd round. But, I believe that either one of these teams, IF THEY STAY HEALTHY, can knock off Hazard or Williamsburg. But the injury bug is a rough one in single A. Depth just isn't really on you side. I will say what I have said multiple times though...I am amazed at the tallent in 1A this year. This is one of those years that I wish there was some "inter-championship" play. I strongly believe that the top 5 or 6 schools in 1A are just as good if not better than the top 5 or 6 in 2A.

Its starting to shape up a little bit more, but in the west it's a three horse race with Beechwood, Frankfort, Mayfield...Russellville could make some noise, but i'd be suprised. In the east, it's Hazard, Raceland, Fairview, Williamsburg. I don't think there's going to be much of a "cinderella" 4-6 or 5-5 team going crazy in the playoffs this year. I just wish the playoffs would start so we can finally get some answers.
Scotty, that is finally the type of talk I have been waiting to hear from the east. I like to hear reasoning on here instead of a bunch of stupid signs and things stating we served you all. I really think 64 is just a blow hard. I dont think the team in Williamsburg would in any way be supportive of his antics. Red&Blk, that was a nice post, I didn't think to look at their overall ratings when I checked these teams out. I was thinking along the lines of, from my experience the classifications in Tn every year seem to be down to what we have here in Ky. For instance in 2009 we beat Trousdale. They won 2a state championship. We lost 1a state championship. The last 3 yrs we have beat Milan in our annual scrimmage, pretty easily I might add. Each one of those years Milan has made it to the 3a state championship game. So when I looked at the fact they lost to a 2a team that is ranked #7 in Tn, I didn't think to much about them being that tough. I compared it to us beating 2a and now I think #8 Murray. We beat them pretty easily. I figure a top 10 2a team of similar ranking should beat a top 10 team of Tn of similar rank. That is a given, heck look, we cant even pay Union City to travel 30 minutes or let us travel 30 minutes to play them. I mean no disrespect to Williamsburg, but the best thing they could do is pull the reins back on 64, and stop him from drinking and typing. You see what that does to his typing skills, geeze.:lmao:
mysonis55 Wrote:Scotty, that is finally the type of talk I have been waiting to hear from the east. I like to hear reasoning on here instead of a bunch of stupid signs and things stating we served you all. I really think 64 is just a blow hard. I dont think the team in Williamsburg would in any way be supportive of his antics. Red&Blk, that was a nice post, I didn't think to look at their overall ratings when I checked these teams out. I was thinking along the lines of, from my experience the classifications in Tn every year seem to be down to what we have here in Ky. For instance in 2009 we beat Trousdale. They won 2a state championship. We lost 1a state championship. The last 3 yrs we have beat Milan in our annual scrimmage, pretty easily I might add. Each one of those years Milan has made it to the 3a state championship game. So when I looked at the fact they lost to a 2a team that is ranked #7 in Tn, I didn't think to much about them being that tough. I compared it to us beating 2a and now I think #8 Murray. We beat them pretty easily. I figure a top 10 2a team of similar ranking should beat a top 10 team of Tn of similar rank. That is a given, heck look, we cant even pay Union City to travel 30 minutes or let us travel 30 minutes to play them. I mean no disrespect to Williamsburg, but the best thing they could do is pull the reins back on 64, and stop him from drinking and typing. You see what that does to his typing skills, geeze.:lmao:

I have a love and appreciation for football, especially small school high school football, that runs to my very core. My oldest son just began playing flag football and just like my dad before me, I will more than likely coach him all the way through jr high (possibly further if I choose to get my teaching certificate)...I find it wildly irritating and disrespectful to the game and those of us who love it most, when people get on these threads and just try to push buttons. Football is a game of INTELLIGENCE, PRIDE, AND DISCRETION. Some people though, just feel the need to bash and try to poke and prod.

Facts are facts. I am not disputing Williamsburg's tallent or quality as a football team, nor am I going to write off Raceland or Fairview. I am a former player and graduate of Raceland High School, but I do not see through "orange tinted glasses". I love my alma mater and do all that I can to try and help the programs feeder system, but as mentioned before, Fairview, Raceland, and Williamsburg have something to prove. If they want to be on the same level as the small school big dogs Beechwood, Mayfield, NCC, Danville, Hazard, and Pikeville(in their hayday), they are going to have to atleast produce some Regional Championships and semi final appearances. Not saying that any of the three schools/teams aren't good quality programs (historically Raceland is better than Fairview, but in the 2000s Fairview has really come to life)...

I dont know a whole lot about Williamsburg's past other than in the last 5 years (this goes for Campbellsville as well), they have come into the play offs with no more than 4 losses and nothing but Championships on the lips of the Yellow Jacket Nation, and here is how it's played out:

2007: Lost in 2nd round by 2pts to Cambellsville. Cville lose in round 3 to Hazard 44-6.
2008: Loss to LCA in the 2nd round 69-48
2009: Loss to Fairview 33-8 in the 1st round
2010: Loss to Fairview 27-20 in the 2nd Round
2011: Loss to Hazard 28-0 in the 3rd round

Not disputing THIS YEARS Williamsburg team from being tallented and having the ability to atleast get to Substate this season, but they have become the Chargers or Cowboys of Kentucky 1A football. Every year around week 6 people start saying, "This is the year, this is the year"...but they end up falling in the 2nd or 3rd round, once they play a very good quality team. Until I see Raceland, Fairview, or Williamsburg in atleast a state semifinal game, they will have not taken the next step. As for my alma mater, I hope that this year is the next step. Because it would be huge momentum for an already stellar-seeming next several years.
Hazard or Fairview vs Beechwood or Mayfield
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I have a love and appreciation for football, especially small school high school football, that runs to my very core. My oldest son just began playing flag football and just like my dad before me, I will more than likely coach him all the way through jr high (possibly further if I choose to get my teaching certificate)...I find it wildly irritating and disrespectful to the game and those of us who love it most, when people get on these threads and just try to push buttons. Football is a game of INTELLIGENCE, PRIDE, AND DISCRETION. Some people though, just feel the need to bash and try to poke and prod.

Facts are facts. I am not disputing Williamsburg's tallent or quality as a football team, nor am I going to write off Raceland or Fairview. I am a former player and graduate of Raceland High School, but I do not see through "orange tinted glasses". I love my alma mater and do all that I can to try and help the programs feeder system, but as mentioned before, Fairview, Raceland, and Williamsburg have something to prove. If they want to be on the same level as the small school big dogs Beechwood, Mayfield, NCC, Danville, Hazard, and Pikeville(in their hayday), they are going to have to atleast produce some Regional Championships and semi final appearances. Not saying that any of the three schools/teams aren't good quality programs (historically Raceland is better than Fairview, but in the 2000s Fairview has really come to life)...

I dont know a whole lot about Williamsburg's past other than in the last 5 years (this goes for Campbellsville as well), they have come into the play offs with no more than 4 losses and nothing but Championships on the lips of the Yellow Jacket Nation, and here is how it's played out:

2007: Lost in 2nd round by 2pts to Cambellsville. Cville lose in round 3 to Hazard 44-6.
2008: Loss to LCA in the 2nd round 69-48
2009: Loss to Fairview 33-8 in the 1st round
2010: Loss to Fairview 27-20 in the 2nd Round
2011: Loss to Hazard 28-0 in the 3rd round

Not disputing THIS YEARS Williamsburg team from being tallented and having the ability to atleast get to Substate this season, but they have become the Chargers or Cowboys of Kentucky 1A football. Every year around week 6 people start saying, "This is the year, this is the year"...but they end up falling in the 2nd or 3rd round, once they play a very good quality team. Until I see Raceland, Fairview, or Williamsburg in atleast a state semifinal game, they will have not taken the next step. As for my alma mater, I hope that this year is the next step. Because it would be huge momentum for an already stellar-seeming next several years.

I will tell you whats wrong with football and a lot of other sports today is " DADDY BALL " wanting to coach their child all the way through school like you have stated your intentions. What if 20 daddys want to coach their sons on the same team, boy they would be a lot of QB's to choose from. Why didn't you post the great RAMS tradition in the playoffs, I haven't seen no carpet burns on any of their players lately.:dontthink
Cherokee, you just proved Bronson's and my complaint. That was an attack on him and other persons that was unnecessary. Bronson just stated facts, if you are from Williamsburg and that hurts, I'm sorry. I don't think he meant for that to happen. I think he clearly said that he would like to see you guys take that next step. The point is, those of us who really like to watch high school football, even more than the pros, don't like it when people get on here and bash a program. That is not the intent. I like him am always for an underdog unless it happens to be when my team is playing them, of course. Even last year, I was not terribly upset that Hazard got its first title. I was upset that my team did not and believe me it stung. I however was somewhat satisfied that it was them. I have a little bit of ties to that community. My mother in law, god rest her soul, was from there and moved back there for the last couple years of her life. That was her high school and so I was fine with them winning one. I would however love to see them back there this year and reverse the fortune for them. I welcome any of you to get on here and state your believes, but use common sense and facts to back it up. Or of course like 64 you could just click on all these little icons.:thatsfunnConfusednicker:Confusedhh::rockon::argue::Shaking::popcorn::1::insane::worthy::zzz::lmao::welcome::redboxer::yikes::blabbermoTongueirateSho:lame::dontthink:please:
^ Love all the right ways to post in a prediction thread..

The reason i think Hazard makes it to BG this year is because of Defense and Defense is what wins championships..

Hazard defense has allowed only 867 yards rushing and 913 passing.

Rushing Allowed to these teams

Clintwood 169
Somerset 130
LCA 101
BC 80
P-burg 102
Harlan 80
Jenkins 205 ( 8 starters out)

Passing stats against teams
Clintwood 101
Somerset 140
LCA 146
BC 132
P-burg 276 ( 2 Late scores on JV/fr team)
Harlan 82
Jenkins 36

If williamsburg is to beat hazard then they are going to have to have 300 yards of offense to beat hazard. Hazard hasnt allowed that except to P-burg when the two late score came in on the jv team. I think if williamsburg played hazards schedule theyd have somewhat similar record to what hazard has but im sure they some of the games wouldnt be as close.
cherokee Wrote:I will tell you whats wrong with football and a lot of other sports today is " DADDY BALL " wanting to coach their child all the way through school like you have stated your intentions. What if 20 daddys want to coach their sons on the same team, boy they would be a lot of QB's to choose from. Why didn't you post the great RAMS tradition in the playoffs, I haven't seen no carpet burns on any of their players lately.:dontthink

Wow, you obviously like to pick and choose what you read to fit whatever motive you had. I stated that Fairview, Williamsburg, AND RACELAND, all had something to prove because all any of them have done in recent years, is post good regular season records, win one or two playoff games, then sit and watch after regional championship losses. And to respond to your "daddy ball" comment, my son is only 3 years old but loves the game of football. I have been involved in the Raceland JFL since I was a junior in high school. So I was there before my son was even a thought in my mind. Dot expect any further rebutle in your regaurd, you have made the point i have been trying to make. I refuse to play the "come find me game" ive got better things to do than let screen name get me in a bad mood.
What is going on, I put all those icons up and 64 is gonna let me out do him like that.:thatsfunn Just listed to Joey Fosko from the Paducah Sun again last night. It sounded eerily familiar to what I was saying. I think he has been reading my posts to find out about us.Confusednicker: He said he thinks that it would be very hard for any 1a team to knock of Mayfield this year unless we get hit by a key injury or 2.:thanks: Joey, I'm watching you!!!!!
mysonis55 Wrote:What is going on, I put all those icons up and 64 is gonna let me out do him like that.:thatsfunn Just listed to Joey Fosko from the Paducah Sun again last night. It sounded eerily familiar to what I was saying. I think he has been reading my posts to find out about us.Confusednicker: He said he thinks that it would be very hard for any 1a team to knock of Mayfield this year unless we get hit by a key injury or 2.:thanks: Joey, I'm watching you!!!!!

From the looks of things, it will be extremely difficult to knock off Mayfield this year. Especially in the east. I don't know the exact numbers, but in years past it always seemed that Mayfield, Beechwood, NCC, Danville were always "bubble" schools when it come to class sizes. When you start looking at numbers of the 1A schools in the east, Raceland and Fairview are considerably lower than many of the other 1A powers, if I'm not mistaken. It's hard to compete for 48 minutes of football when there's more fresh legs than you have starters lol.

My senior year we had NCC down 27-10 at Halftime. When they came out on offense in the 2nd half with nearly all 7 offensive linemen wearing clean jerseys with different numbers than before, it almost beat us right then. We ended up losing 46-27. One things for sure though, the NCC teams I have been around, they are a class act group of players and coaches. Not once, even when we were getting trounced by 50 at times, did they ever seem errogant or disrespectful. Always said it was the most pleasant beating we'd ever take lol. Does anyone know what the criteria is for each class? It's a question I have asked countless times, but have yet to get an answer.
Bottom 32 schools in male population play in Class A. Mayfield is the second largest school. I have heard that there is talk of Allen Central and South Floyd merging. If so the next two schools would be Brossert and Clinton County. Allen Central is the biggest school in Class A. Mayfield would be the third largest rather than second. When schools are redistricted in 2014 Mayfield may bump up or stay down based on population shifts. There is still a large difference from the bottom teams in Class A compared to the top teams. The bottom teams have approximately 50 males while the largest have approximately 200.Khsaa site sets out the numbers used when the schools were redistricted.Proportionately the largest differences are in Class A and 6A. The other 4 classes are very equal proportionately. I would assume that is why those classes have the least schools. To me this is probably about as fair as you can get it. 6 classes is about as far as you can stretch it and have credible classes. There will always be some schools with a size advantage. For once I thought the KHSAA did a good job. I know some people complain about the number of classes but I believe it is appropriate to keep schools on close to equal footing. A reduction to only 2 schools from each district making the playoffs would avoid some of the early blow outs and winless teams making the playoffs.
ballboy Wrote:Hazard or Fairview vs Beechwood or Mayfield

I'd watch out for Frankfort, they pounded Lexington Christian the week after LCA beat Hazard.