Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7.8% Unempolyment? Who Believes It?
TheRealVille Wrote:Your link.

http://www.eia.gov/coal/news_markets/

Btw, acting like a little kid and not talking makes you look just like that, a little kid. You said you wouldn't post again, but even if you don't type, you are posting. You do realize that you are in your 50's, right? You act like a 10 year old, ask anybody on the forum.
:lmao:
Hoot Gibson Wrote::lmao:
Par for course.
TheRealVille Wrote:Par for course.

Confusederiously:
TheRealVille Wrote:This is about coal, and coal prices, and why coal is laying off, while sitting on millions of tons of coal. I have posted several facts. Quit trying to change the subject.
:hilarious:
WideRight05 Wrote:TRV can't take a dose of his own medicine. :lmao:
Show anywhere my facts are wrong about coal prices, and why the companies are sitting on millions of tons of coal, and about natural gas prices. BTW, you really are not offering anything to the discussion, of substance anyway. All you do is post smilies, with nothing else.
TheRealVille Wrote:Show anywhere my facts are wrong about coal prices, and why the companies are sitting on millions of tons of coal, and about natural gas prices.

:thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn
WideRight05 Wrote::thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn
Par for course with your kind. Nothing real, when faced with truth.
TheRealVille Wrote:Par for course with your kind. Nothing real, when faced with truth.

"There are too many idiots in the world. And having said it, I have the burden of proving it." - Frantz Fanon
TheRealVille Wrote:Show anywhere my facts are wrong about coal prices, and why the companies are sitting on millions of tons of coal, and about natural gas prices. BTW, you really are not offering anything to the discussion, of substance anyway. All you do is post smilies, with nothing else.
Confusederiously:
^ :thatsfunn
Stardust Wrote:^ :thatsfunn
You all are full of laughs, and no facts to refute. You are par for the course, just like the other two.
TheRealVille Wrote:Par for course with your kind. Nothing real, when faced with truth.

If I understand your argument, the reason coal fired plants (the ones that have so far resisted Obama's efforts to close them down) can continue to operate, is because srubber technology has improved enough to allow them to burn high sulfer coal.

Mines aren't producing coal because coal prices are being artificially suppressed by Obama's war on coal. The one-two punch of the Obama administration's War on Coal, along with liberal ideologue's 'hangman agency', the EPA, has succeeded in eliminating 57 generating stations in 2012 alone. "The Obama Administration continues to move forward with plans to completely shut down the American coal industry, as a record 57 coal-fired power stations are slated for shutdown in 2012. According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), 175 coal-fired generators that collectively represent a whopping 27 gigawatts (GW) worth of electricity-generating capacity are set to retire between 2012 and 2016".
LINK---
http://www.naturalnews.com/036672_coal-f...n_EPA.html

Presidents are supposed to be doing the following; Article 1 Section 7 Clause 2--- "Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States: If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his Objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the Objections at large on their Journal, and proceed to reconsider it. If after such Reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the Bill, it shall be sent, together with the Objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a Law. But in all such Cases the Votes of both Houses shall be determined by Yeas and Nays, and the Names of the Persons voting for and against the Bill shall be entered on the Journal of each House respectively. If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law, in like Manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their Adjournment prevent its Return, in which Case it shall not be a Law. Every Order, Resolution, or Vote to which the Concurrence of the Senate and House of Representatives may be necessary (except on a question of Adjournment) shall be presented to the President of the United States; and before the Same shall take Effect, shall be approved by him, or being disapproved by him, shall be repassed by two thirds of the Senate and House of Representatives, according to the Rules and Limitations prescribed in the Case of a Bill".

Here is what has happened under this administration. The president of and by his own volition and certainly by design, has by his divisive rhetoric, thrown the congress into gridlock. Thereby circumventing the traditional roles of the Senate and the House Representatives, and in their place, and enacting by presidential fiat, over 900 executive orders which are enforced and managed by unelected so-called czars, appointed by this president. That's the real reason we don't have a federal budget. O doesn't want to be in any way fettered by congress. There are those pesky republicans in there and they won't play ball with his liberal goals.

But no, Obama has forgone the traditional role of the president and taken it upon himself to get into the coal business, and social justice, and every other business, so that he can "fundamentally transform" our republic, into some kind of a la-la liberal envisioned 'green utopic'.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:You all are full of laughs, and no facts to refute. You are par for the course, just like the other two.

:lame:
TheRealThing Wrote:If I understand your argument, the reason coal fired plants (the ones that have so far resisted Obama's efforts to close them down) can continue to operate, is because srubber technology has improved enough to allow them to burn high sulfer coal.

The one-two punch of the Obama administration's War on Coal, along with liberal ideologue's 'hangman agency', the EPA, has succeeded in eliminating 57 generating stations in 2012 alone. "The Obama Administration continues to move forward with plans to completely shut down the American coal industry, as a record 57 coal-fired power stations are slated for shutdown in 2012. According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), 175 coal-fired generators that collectively represent a whopping 27 gigawatts (GW) worth of electricity-generating capacity are set to retire between 2012 and 2016".
LINK---
http://www.naturalnews.com/036672_coal-f...n_EPA.html

Presidents are supposed to be doing the following; Article 1 Section 7 Clause 2--- "Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States: If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his Objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the Objections at large on their Journal, and proceed to reconsider it. If after such Reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the Bill, it shall be sent, together with the Objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a Law. But in all such Cases the Votes of both Houses shall be determined by Yeas and Nays, and the Names of the Persons voting for and against the Bill shall be entered on the Journal of each House respectively. If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law, in like Manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their Adjournment prevent its Return, in which Case it shall not be a Law. Every Order, Resolution, or Vote to which the Concurrence of the Senate and House of Representatives may be necessary (except on a question of Adjournment) shall be presented to the President of the United States; and before the Same shall take Effect, shall be approved by him, or being disapproved by him, shall be repassed by two thirds of the Senate and House of Representatives, according to the Rules and Limitations prescribed in the Case of a Bill".

Here is what has happened under this administration. The president of and by his own volition and certainly by design, has by his divisive rhetoric, thrown the congress into gridlock. Thereby circumventing the traditional roles of the Senate and the House Representatives, and in their place, and enacting by presidential fiat, over 900 executive orders which are enforced and managed by unelected so-called czars, appointed by this president. That's the real reason we don't have a federal budget. O doesn't want to be in any way fettered by congress. There are those pesky republicans in there and they won't play ball with his liberal goals.

But no, Obama has forgone the traditional role of the president and taken it upon himself to get into the coal business, and social justice, and every other business, so that he can "fundamentally transform" our republic, into some kind of a la-la liberal envisioned 'green utopic'.
:Thumbs: Old plants, that have outdone their usefulness, and slated to close anyway. You do realize powerplants are my business, right? Typical republican.
TheRealVille Wrote::Thumbs: Old plants, that have outdone their usefulness. Typical republican.

:biglmao:
WideRight05 Wrote::biglmao:
You offer so much.
TheRealVille Wrote:You offer so much.

"Better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
WideRight05 Wrote:"Better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
What have you done to make the world a better place this week?
TheRealVille Wrote::Thumbs: Old plants, that have outdone their usefulness, and slated to close anyway. You do realize powerplants are my business, right? Typical republican.

I'll tell you what I realize. All any plant consists of, is a collection of pipes, valves, heaters, boilers, various types and kinds of machinery, and so on and so forth. None of them are non-replaceable. As a matter of fact, the items that make up the 'plant', are replaced almost daily throughout the life of the plant in a process known as maintenance. You do realize every plant has a maintenance department, right? The bigger work is usually accomplished during something called a shutdown. Been on a few of those myself. :biggrin: A plant therefore can continue to exist on into perpetuity. Even the concrete footings, pump bases and foundations are torn out and replaced as their serviceability begins to deteriorate. Same thing for the control rooms and the buildings, pipe racks, roads, etc.

Therefore to upgrade any facility into the 21st century all that is needed is equipment like scrubbers to clean up the emmissions. Of course, it would have been nice if the Obozo adminstration, would have decided to pour 90 billion dolars worth of aid into power stations, helping out our national interests, upgrading our infrastrucure and thereby saving the middle class a ton by keeping down the cost of electricity. But no, instead he put that much into Solyndra and other equally dubious rat holes and, as a result, the "costs of electricity necessarily skyrocketed". What a nincomPOTUS!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:What have you done to make the world a better place this week?

I worked, studied for a professional license, and did volunteer services.

Do you need me to send you a definition of "work?"
TheRealVille Wrote:What have you done to make the world a better place this week?
I created a computer application that automates a process that will save thousands of military man-hours so that they may focus on other tasks. What have you done?

I finished up a little construction job this week. Next week I'm gonna hit the road, drive out to Arizona and milk rattlesnakes for science. Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I'll tell you what I realize. All any plant consists of, is a collection of pipes, valves, heaters, boilers, various types and kinds of machinery, and so on and so forth. None of them are non-replaceable. As a matter of fact, the items that make up the 'plant', are replaced almost daily throughout the life of the plant in a process known as maintenance. You do realize every plant has a maintenance department, right? The bigger work is usually accomplished during something called a shutdown. Been on a few of those myself. :biggrin: A plant therefore can continue to exist on into perpetuity. Even the concrete footings, pump bases and foundations are torn out and replaced as their serviceability begins to deteriorate. Same thing for the control rooms and the buildings, pipe racks, roads, etc.

Therefore to upgrade any facility into the 21st century all that is needed is equipment like scrubbers to clean up the emmissions. Of course, it would have been nice if the Obozo adminstration, would have decided to pour 90 billion dolars worth of aid into power stations, helping out our national interests, upgrading our infrastrucure and thereby saving the middle class a ton by keeping down the cost of electricity. But no, instead he put that much into Solyndra and other equally dubious rat holes and, as a result, the "costs of electricity necessarily skyrocketed". What a nincomPOTUS!
The usable life of a coal unit is around 40 years. You don't learn that in the commercial end.
TheRealVille Wrote:The usable life of a coal unit is around 40 years. You don't learn that in the commercial end.

:lmao:
TheRealVille Wrote:The usable life of a coal unit is around 40 years. You don't learn that in the commercial end.

Half of my career was on the industial side. You know as well as I do there is nothing in a plant over over 40 years old except the coffee pot.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

really?

The median age of existing coal plants in the U.S. is 46.5 years. Many plants are senior citizens....

1 IN Perry K Steam Plant Aug, 1938 72 GWh
2 WI Blount Street Station Dec, 1938 2,031 GWh
3 IA Sixth Street Generating Station Apr, 1940 321 GWh Retired 2010
4 NC Cliffside Plant (existing) Jul, 1940 4,336 GWh Retiring Units 1-4 in 2012
5 IA Dubuque Generating Station Jun, 1941 338 GWh Retired Unit 1 in 2010
6 NC Buck Steam Station Jul, 1941 1,847 GWh Retiring Units 3,4 in 2011
7 MN High Bridge Generating Plant Jan, 1942 939 GWh
8 IN Harding Street Station Apr, 1942 4,115 GWh
9 WI Pulliam Power Plant Jan, 1943 2,519 GWh
10 NY AES Westover Generation Plant Oct, 1943 496 GWh
11 OH Burger Plant Jan, 1944 1,297 GWh Retired Units 4,5 in 2010
12 WV Rivesville Power Station Jan, 1944 271 GWh
13 VA Glen Lyn Plant Jun, 1944 1,612 GWh Retiring Units 5,6 in 2014
14 IN Edwardsport Plant Jul, 1944 254 GWh Retiring Units 7,8 in 2011
15 NY Huntley Generating Station Jan, 1945 2,756 GWh
16 VA Potomac River Generating Station Oct, 1946 1,601 GWh Retiring in 2012
17 MD R. Paul Smith Power Station Jan, 1947 698 GWh
18 IL Havana Power Station Jul, 1947 3,460 GWh
19 KY Tyrone Generating Station Oct, 1947 429 GWh Retiring in 2016
20 IA Lansing Power Station Jan, 1948 1,724 GWh Retired Units 2,3 in 2010
21 PA Mitchell Plant Jan, 1948 952 GWh Retiring Unit 1 - year unknown
22 IL Meredosia Power Station Jun, 1948 1,952 GWh
23 OH Hutchings Station Jul, 1948 691 GWh
24 MI Cobb Generating Plant Sep, 1948 2,339 GWh
25 NY Russell Station Dec, 1948 1,315 GWh
26 KS Riverton Power Plant Jan, 1949 672 GWh
27 MN Riverside Generating Plant (Minnesota) Jan, 1949 2,344 GWh
28 IN Eagle Valley Station Feb, 1949 1,577 GWh
29 AL Gadsden Steam Plant Apr, 1949 539 GWh
30 MI Trenton Channel Power Plant May, 1949 3,388 GWh
31 WI Stoneman Generating Station May, 1949 66 GWh
32 PA Sunbury Steam Station Aug, 1949 1,910 GWh
33 NC Weatherspoon Plant Sep, 1949 1,018 GWh Retiring in 2017
34 IL Wood River Station Nov, 1949 3,041 GWh
35 OH Avon Lake Power Plant Dec, 1949 3,078 GWh
36 OH Miami Fort Station Dec, 1949 7,399 GWh

Consequently, the operating span of a coal fired power plant can be unlimited since any degraded or failed component can be replaced with a new one. (Wiki answers)

Do you ever tell the truth? How is the average lifespan 40 years, if the average age is 46.5? With some pushing 75? Six Street Generating plant was 89 years........

Do you need a teleprompter too? Confusedhh:

There's a reason behind that. :hilarious:
TheRealVille Wrote::Thumbs: Old plants, that have outdone their usefulness, and slated to close anyway. You do realize powerplants are my business, right? Typical republican.

[YOUTUBE="TRV's future...."]4aTf5gjvNvo[/YOUTUBE]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I created a computer application that automates a process that will save thousands of military man-hours so that they may focus on other tasks. What have you done?

That's impressive? Can you share any details?
^ :lmao: