Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brackets Released
eratia Wrote:I sympathize with you on this one. Last year, Boyd County had an undefeated season 8th grade, including a win over Johnson County, but had to travel to JC to play in the first round of the playoffs by virtue of a lower seed. How is that even possible. Good Luck, Belfry!!!

That's exactly what I was trying to say. Just more baffled about it more than anything. Appreciate the wishes of luck. :Thumbs:
poor it on them brother,when it comes to BELFRY and football we get screwed, but we take what they give us and beat them with it HAIL LITTLE PIRATES!!!!
Did JC put up more overall points than belfry? What about the opponents, how many d1, d2 or d3 schools did each play?
I would like to say that our 8th grade mayfield football team is not by far a one man show. We have a great defense, good kicking game and very smart athletes. There are at least 8-9 kids on our defense that would hit jonathan jackson if he came through the line. I am very proud of our bunch. I have noticed that my own has even decided this year that this is the best sport out there and he is willing to stick his head in on every play and has played hurt most of the year to prove it.
Is there some reason that you cannot look at the brackets without logging in. I would just like to see how this thing shapes up. It is my understanding that we play our firt game sat 13th at the lovely confines of war memorial against a scrappy owensboro catholic team. I understand that if we win that game, we should be playing against the winner of the Caldwell County game. I have seen on here were some teams play 1 or 2 games to get in. I would like to know how ours is set so I can plan around it for work.
'springer Wrote:You really wanted to beat Paintsville that bad that you would try to cheat at the confrence championship by putting in a whole team playing in a different conference when you were down by 30 point in the championship game?:lame:Hats off to those parents that wouldnt go along with the low ways of JC. The coaches of Johnson Central should be ashamed!
How did they put a team from a different conference if they were playing in the conference championship?
snapcat91 Wrote:Who says paintsville will beat the Pineville Mountain Lions???:dontthink

Pineville is tough. Who's the best team other than Harlan that they have played? Also good luck to the mt. lions. Not trying to be smart or anything but the lions defense needs to work on their pass coverage. Harlan was able to exploit it in the first half at union. If not,Pineville will have a hard time with a good passing team. Other than that the lions are pretty strong. Again, good luck to the Pineville Mt. Lions. Best team I've seen them have in a long time and I can't wait to see them play in high school in a few years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Meant no disrespect to Pineville and trust me..we won't overlook your team. Love what this organization is doing (KYMSFA) and will continue to support but not pleased with the way the regions are being decided. Good luck to all teams involved.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Did JC put up more overall points than belfry? What about the opponents, how many d1, d2 or d3 schools did each play?

Have no idea if JC had more overall points. My complaint was having Pike Central ranked higher than Belfry. Belfry beat them twice and also beat JC. Just confused as to how that ranking could be. JC probably has played more D1 schools, just assuming.
I can't wait to see the bracket. Is it uploaded to the KYMSFA website?
Packer11 Wrote:Corbin has a tremendous RB he was MVP of 7th grade state last year
We played Corbin early in the season. The boy that got MVP in the East/West All-Star game last year is Corbin's quarterback. He did play RB in the All-Star game though. He is one of the best players in the state. Look for Corbin to be tough their divison. I'm not sure if they are in D2 or D3.
How can I get to see it???
**ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS**

There have been several replies to this thread by new members wondering why they cant see the bracket.

You cannot open an attachment on this site unless your a registered member who has successfully passed the 5 moderated post, and are in good standing.
If you want to see the attachment, be a member in good standing, with 5 or more post.

You can find the complete rules here....

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/cmps_inde...e=bgrrules
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:**ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS**

There have been several replies to this thread by new members wondering why they cant see the bracket.

You cannot open an attachment on this site unless your a registered member who has successfully passed the 5 moderated post, and are in good standing.
If you want to see the attachment, be a member in good standing, with 5 or more post.

You can find the complete rules here....

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/cmps_inde...e=bgrrules
Thanks for the info. I was wondering why I couldn't see the bracket.
I will try to make this politically correct for everyone. I have worked on numerous boards and coaching positions in the past, all of which were on a volunteer basis. No matter what kind of tourny I have seen put together, I have always seen that there are a handful of people that will complain about something. I would just like to say that I think it is great that we have this opportunity. I am from Mayfield, which is about as far west as you can go unless you want to get wet. I can tell you that if you look at our bracket we will have to travel alot. I can also tell you that we are a number 3 seed and we only lost to the same team twice, which is 4a lone oak, who is awesome (and is a number 2 seed in the biggest class). I feel like our boys will speak for themselves on the field. I think also that it will be great for our kids to travel and get to see some of these places. I also noticed that paducah tilghman only has to play 1 game in the class above us to get to final four. Does this make me upset, no. That is because we want the challenge for our kids and we love the fact that they have this format to do this. I would like to say that I for one respect the job these volunteers are doing and would ask that everyone show some respect.
Now can anyone tell us anything about owensboro cath, caldwell county and butler county (other than the fact that butler co middle is better than most high school teams)
Corbin is d2.
Sent in my 5 posts and still cant access bracket. ???
Only blank bracket on KYMSFA website
eratia Wrote:I sympathize with you on this one. Last year, Boyd County had an undefeated season 8th grade, including a win over Johnson County, but had to travel to JC to play in the first round of the playoffs by virtue of a lower seed. How is that even possible. Good Luck, Belfry!!!

what is boyd county's record this year?
Crossbones Wrote:Have no idea if JC had more overall points. My complaint was having Pike Central ranked higher than Belfry. Belfry beat them twice and also beat JC. Just confused as to how that ranking could be. JC probably has played more D1 schools, just assuming.

The point system works as follows:

Team 1: Record (10-0)
Game 1 - Win vs Div 3 = 10 pts
Game 2 - Win vs Div 3 = 10 pts
Game 3 - Win vs Div 3 = 10 pts
Game 4 - Win vs Div 3 = 10 pts
Game 5 - Win vs Div 3 = 10 pts
Game 6 - Win vs Div 3 = 10 pts
Game 7 - Win vs Div 3 = 10 pts
Game 8 - Win vs Div 3 = 10 pts
Game 9 - Win vs Div 3 = 10 pts
Game 10 - Win vs Div 3 = 10 pts

Total = 100 pts
divided by 10 games = 10

Team 2: Record (7-3)
Game 1 - Win vs Div 2 = 20 pts
Game 2 - Win vs Div 3 = 10 pts
Game 3 - Loss vs Div 2 = 0 pts
Game 4 - Win vs Div 1 = 30 pts
Game 5 - Win vs Div 2 = 20 pts
Game 6 - Loss vs Div 3 = 0 pts
Game 7 - Win vs Div 3 = 10 pts
Game 8 - Loss vs Div 1 = 0 pts
Game 9 - Win vs Div 3 = 10 pts
Game 10 - Win vs Div 3 = 10 pts

Total = 110 pts
divided by 10 games = 11.0

So even with losses, if you have beat higher division teams you can have a higher average. These are not real records or opponents of anyone to my knowledge. I am just giving you an explnanation as to why a team that lost to your team twice could be higher seeded than you. It doesn't go by winning margin or anything like that. It specifially goes by pts average and that is how its calculated. It may not be the best system because there are some teams in division 2 and 3 that are tougher than division 1 teams, but its the system that I believe works the best because generally the Divsion 1 teams are better than the lower divisions except in a few rare cases.
Quote:It is sad that some schools resort to using students who are too old to play. The game isnt so muout winning as it is about teaching the character of the game and skills needed in life. By using students who are "holdbacks" then you are teaching them its ok to go around the rules
Before you accuse/whine about kids being too old, check their birthdates. Like many have said before, they are eligible if 14 after Aug. 1st for play in 7th grade and 15 after Aug. 1st for play in 8th grade. They will be eligible for all 4 years of high school play per KHSAA bylaws.
mysonis55 Wrote:I would like to say that our 8th grade mayfield football team is not by far a one man show. We have a great defense, good kicking game and very smart athletes. There are at least 8-9 kids on our defense that would hit jonathan jackson if he came through the line. I am very proud of our bunch. I have noticed that my own has even decided this year that this is the best sport out there and he is willing to stick his head in on every play and has played hurt most of the year to prove it.

Yep your son lays the lumber. I love how hard he plays. Glad to see you on here im Jackson's dad from the 7th grade. I really like the 8th grades chances in their division. I will see if I can email the brackets to you PM your email to me. Go help us Mayfield guys out on the HS side to we are way outnumbered.
Just glancing over all the enrollment numbers from the document sent out over the list serve and noticed a couple things that kind of stuck out as a problem. There are teams listed as D-1 and are playing in D-2 playoffs. (Mason 243 and Elkhorn 246) That is using the 2011 SAARS report or whatever it is and no its not the first one that was incorrect. Also there are a few teams listed as D-2 playing in D-3 playoffs. (Louisa 172, Morgan 165, Union Co 176, West Carter 162)

Also Region 4 has a total of 24 teams in all three divisions. Region 3 has 17, Region 2 has 18 and Region 1 has 15. Also region 4 has some of the longest driving distances. This just further shows the balance issues of our current format. This is obviously not all of the member schools but these are the number of schools playing in the 8th grade playoffs. 4 of these schools were moved into region 4 because of "geographical reasons" Three of those won a state title last year(SP 7th, NP 8th D1, Meece 8th D3).

So yes I am complaing about the justification of such a move. Would they have been moved if all were first round exits last year?

This years meeting needs to be well advertised because I think many teams from Region 4 will have some issues to discuss. Things like this are deal breakers, these geographical issues threaten to completely undo all the great work this association has done. How can there be play-in games for some teams, meaning they have to win 4 games to win a Region title and other teams have to win 1?

Also why are T-shirts no longer free this year, but membership fees went up?
Who do you think will win division2?
Corbin looking pretty good!
Who does everybody think will win division 1??
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Did JC put up more overall points than belfry? What about the opponents, how many d1, d2 or d3 schools did each play?

They (JC and Belfry) are not playing in the same division in the playoffs...
RichBrooks Wrote:Just glancing over all the enrollment numbers from the document sent out over the list serve and noticed a couple things that kind of stuck out as a problem. There are teams listed as D-1 and are playing in D-2 playoffs. (Mason 243 and Elkhorn 246) That is using the 2011 SAARS report or whatever it is and no its not the first one that was incorrect. Also there are a few teams listed as D-2 playing in D-3 playoffs. (Louisa 172, Morgan 165, Union Co 176, West Carter 162)

Also Region 4 has a total of 24 teams in all three divisions. Region 3 has 17, Region 2 has 18 and Region 1 has 15. Also region 4 has some of the longest driving distances. This just further shows the balance issues of our current format. This is obviously not all of the member schools but these are the number of schools playing in the 8th grade playoffs. 4 of these schools were moved into region 4 because of "geographical reasons" Three of those won a state title last year(SP 7th, NP 8th D1, Meece 8th D3).

So yes I am complaing about the justification of such a move. Would they have been moved if all were first round exits last year?

This years meeting needs to be well advertised because I think many teams from Region 4 will have some issues to discuss. Things like this are deal breakers, these geographical issues threaten to completely undo all the great work this association has done. How can there be play-in games for some teams, meaning they have to win 4 games to win a Region title and other teams have to win 1?

Also why are T-shirts no longer free this year, but membership fees went up?

They did away with $500 sponsorship fee for each team, which was a good thing.
Thanks, I got the brackets finally. Richard Wright fixed me up. I think we are really going to surprise some people this year. Almost everything I hear on this site if the guys from the east. I think between us and Lone Oak we might just let them know there is some football going on on this side of the state as well. By the way, my boy isnt the only one bringing the wood, watch Kyle Hurt, Kincer Arnett and Micah Sandy. Oh, and of course Trajon. That is the proper spelling I think. I had him on my basketball team twice. He is absolutely awesome in bball.