Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brackets Released
The kid I was talking about was 14 after Aug. 1ST of his 7th grade year and wasnt 15 as of August 1st of this football season. but because he had repeated the 6th grade, before JCPS had tackle football in middle school he wasnt allowed to play this year. The rules say that if your 14 after August 1 of 7th grade year then your are eligable.

I dont think that if you are on grade level for your age and have never been held back then you should be fine to play. Some of these county schools hold these students back in elementary school so they can get around the rule of 3 years in middle school. That is what is wrong.
I did look at the distance all teams travel in Division 1 in relationship to South Pulaski and the results are listed below. Below is the list of teams in D1 and the zip code I used for map quest.
South Pulaski 42501

From To Distance Travel Time
South Pulaski 42501 Bowling Green 42101 Region 1 117 miles 01:57 min.
South Pulaski 42501 South Warren 42101 Region 1 117 01:57 min.
South Pulaski 42501 Davies County 42303 Region 1 190 3 Hours
South Pulaski 42501 Calloway County 42021 Region 1 304 4 Hours
South Pulaski 42501 Moss 42101 Region 1 117 1:57 min.
South Pulaski 42501 Logan 42276 Region 1 150 2:33 min.
South Pulaski 42501 Lone Oak 42001 Region 1 274 4:15 min.
South Pulaski 42501 West Port 40222 Region 3 127 2:45 min.
South Pulaski 42501 Anderson 40342 Region 3 83 1:47 min
South Pulaski 42501 JCTMS 40204 Region3 131 2:40 min
South Pulaski 42501 Crosby 10243 Region 3 148 2:25 min
South Pulaski 42501 Union 42437 Region 3 158 2:40 min
South Pulaski 42501 Highland 40205 Region 3 128 2:34 min
South Pulaski 42501 Myers 40218 Region 3 124 2:38 min
South Pulaski 42501 Farnsley 40216 Region 2 160 2:46 min
South Pulaski 42501 East Hardin 40740 Region 2 45 1 hour
South Pulaski 42501 Conway 40258 Region 2 133 2:50 min
South Pulaski 42501 Meade 40108 Region 2 136 2:48 min
South Pulaski 42501 Olmstod 40214 Region 2 131 2:44 min
South Pulaski 42501 Noe 40208 Region 2 147 2:43 min
South Pulaski 42501 McNabb 40353 Region 4 95 1:48 min
South Pulaski 42501 JCMS 41240 Region 4 174 3:21 min

If you look at the chart you will see no teams in Region 3 or 2 have a greater distance to travel to South Pulaski than Johnson County Middle School and only 3 teams in the Region 1. With 3 teams in Region 1 being from Bowling Green which is only 117 miles from South Pulaski. The average distance from South Pulaski to all teams in Region 3 is 125 miles with the shortest trip being only 83 miles from South Pulaski. The average distance from South Pulaski to all teams Region 2 is also 125 with the shortest being only 45 miles.

Second, being on the board you must have knew that by adding South, North and Meece to Region 4 you were stacking this Region. 7 out of 8 2011 state finalist are know in Region 4.

You stated in you reply “ the lines have to be drawn somewhere” my question is why this way? The line as you said “ drawn somewhere” was not based on geographic as you can see in the chart above nor base on competitive fairness so why. It appears to benefit other teams in Region 1 and 3 in my assessment.

With this being said I do want to knowledge KMSFA and it's board members for developing and improving middle school football in KY. Just sad to see the good organization involved in favoritism.
RaiderFan7th Wrote:Thank you 16BBallFan. I have heard it all now 14 year old 7th graders! LOL!!! Yes we are not in the same conference thanks for clearing that up. Wildcat1 you could send me a private message would love to know who sent you the message about "We are not playing". You are worried about East why? Looks like you have JC in the near future. These seedings were done by the points system and who you beat I guess, don't complain to me. KYMSFA is the direction you should go in. Good luck to Boyd if we don't win it I hope they do. Great Bunch of kids.

No worries....I just think teams should be required to play everyone in their conference. And IF we had won, 20 more points and a lil better seed. But it's set now and we'll come out fighting this week.
This is crazy. We on this board are holding a volunteer organization to a standard that the Khsaa can't even achieve. We know it's far from volunteer! And every team in the state participates so they know what they get year to year. Want an example bell co fans might give you one one day when they have to drive to Paducah in playoffs.

So these guys need a break and let's just roll with it. Get on the board if you don't like the travel. Encourage teams to join. As long as coaches and administrators don't take this serious and join we will battle these issues.
What a bunch of babies. Wah Wah Wah. its middle school football for crying out loud!
If your so good that you should have been seeded higher, then go prove it on the field.
To be the best you have to beat the best. Play who ever they put in front of you. Win and advance simple as that. Go Warriors !!! Beat Everybody!!!
raiderjack Wrote:What a bunch of babies. Wah Wah Wah. its middle school football for crying out loud!
If your so good that you should have been seeded higher, then go prove it on the field.

:dontthink Belfry Middle did prove it on field...Twice... They beat Pike Central two times by fairly good margins. Sounds to me like they proved it pretty well. Seems to me the kids got screwed, middle school or not. Why play so hard and have an undefeated season an win Championship to be ranked in a higher seed and have to play an extra game?
East Carter for the last time is in The Eastern Kentucky Conference.
I think BG has it this year
This is crazy. We on this board are holding a volunteer organization to a standard that the Khsaa can't even achieve. We know it's far from volunteer! And every team in the state participates so they know what they get year to year. Want an example bell co fans might give you one one day when they have to drive to Paducah in playoffs.

So these guys need a break and let's just roll with it. Get on the board if you don't like the travel. Encourage teams to join. As long as coaches and administrators don't take this serious and join we will battle these issues.

You think it's high stands to ask an organization to consider geographic area and balance of power? Moving three 2011 state winners into a bracket with 4 2011 state runner up and with the distance being greater then it would be to move these teams in any of the other three district.
Although Butler is really good too
Anybody know who EC plays
Can anybody tell me who edmonson county plays?
Yes when the highly paid, extremely organized khsaa can't get it perfect ... How do you expect this organization to work miracles. That's all I'm saying.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:The kid I was talking about was 14 after Aug. 1ST of his 7th grade year and wasnt 15 as of August 1st of this football season. but because he had repeated the 6th grade, before JCPS had tackle football in middle school he wasnt allowed to play this year. The rules say that if your 14 after August 1 of 7th grade year then your are eligable.

I dont think that if you are on grade level for your age and have never been held back then you should be fine to play. Some of these county schools hold these students back in elementary school so they can get around the rule of 3 years in middle school. That is what is wrong.

Ur weird
The championship game will be held in Region 4. How in the world all of not only the best teams but also teams 100's of miles away could be placed in the same region is one of the things that make you go hmmmmm. While I'm sure it is not any easy task of putting together a bracket....the who is in what region should not be that difficult. The REAL championship game will not be fun to watch...another blowout! Also, every Region should have the same number of teams, even if it means there are only 2 divisions.
The focus should be the games on the field.
Seedings don't win games.
The tournament is for 7th and 8th grade teams.
The student athletes will enjoy competing.
well said
Hey
What's up guys?
Can't wait for the playoffs!
It's gonna be really good!
Just because the number of teams in each division are not equal does not mean going to 2 divisions would be fair. A class A varsity team competing in a class AAA playoff would not be fair just as it would not be in middle school.
You guys blew it this year...PAINTSVILLE played Somerset in the finals last year and they meet in the second round this year...Why is Somerset not in the Glasgow region.??? No way you can justify this decision...NO WAY???
I would like to know what they do with the money.
We dont care who we play owen county is taking state hope u all r in ur shelter cause the strom coming devison 2 is ours
Who is Owen County? What shelter?
Corbin is the storm that will surprise everyone and win state:flame:.
You really wanted to beat Paintsville that bad that you would try to cheat at the confrence championship by putting in a whole team playing in a different conference when you were down by 30 point in the championship game?:lame:Hats off to those parents that wouldnt go along with the low ways of JC. The coaches of Johnson Central should be ashamed!
Crossbones Wrote::dontthink Belfry Middle did prove it on field...Twice... They beat Pike Central two times by fairly good margins. Sounds to me like they proved it pretty well. Seems to me the kids got screwed, middle school or not. Why play so hard and have an undefeated season an win Championship to be ranked in a higher seed and have to play an extra game?

I sympathize with you on this one. Last year, Boyd County had an undefeated season 8th grade, including a win over Johnson County, but had to travel to JC to play in the first round of the playoffs by virtue of a lower seed. How is that even possible. Good Luck, Belfry!!!
CoachTrimble Wrote:You guys blew it this year...PAINTSVILLE played Somerset in the finals last year and they meet in the second round this year...Why is Somerset not in the Glasgow region.??? No way you can justify this decision...NO WAY???

Who says paintsville will beat the Pineville Mountain Lions???:dontthink