Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brackets Released
I've read pretty much everything thats been said, and no one has still explained why Belfry was put at an 8 seed and Pike Central at a 5 seed. :eyeroll: The coach and AD have no say in being put in such a seeding and a team they beat twice place 3 seeds higher.
In response to Wildcat1 the 7th grade game with Boyd Co was cancelled because of weather. It was at Ashland in the Verity Bowl which we had no control as did you. Where do you get we refused to play you????? Guess we are a 3 because we are 9-1 and we've lost one game by 2 points and had 3 starters out that game. Oh I hope we do play now. Good luck to both teams and good luck getting to the region finals. It would be great if us, greenup, boyd, or Fleming could win it and knock off the power teams that are in our bracket!
RaiderFan7th Wrote:In response to Wildcat1 the 7th grade game with Boyd Co was cancelled because of weather. It was at Ashland in the Verity Bowl which we had no control as did you. Where do you get we refused to play you????? Guess we are a 3 because we are 9-1 and we've lost one game by 2 points and had 3 starters out that game. Oh I hope we do play now. Good luck to both teams and good luck getting to the region finals. It would be great if us, greenup, boyd, or Fleming could win it and knock off the power teams that are in our bracket!

I got the info from email correspondence between the 2 teams' athletic staff in which we tried to convince East to make up the game. Boyd County graciously offered to play where and when convenient - the final response from the East Carter representative was simply "We're not playing." Seems they knew what they were doing all along.
Oh, and Raider fan...I agree - good luck to all the local teams...would LOVE to see a powerhouse or 2 of 14-yr old 7th graders get knocked out! Confusednicker:
To the Belfry question. The points system is as follows. 30 pts for D1 team, 20pts for D2 team, 10pts for D3 team. Since you probably know both teams full schedules go add up there totals. You receive 0 for any loss. So find your averages and that should justify your seeding. If it does turn out that you have a higher average then the kmsfa would have to answer as to why.
No home team in first two rounds then I am not sure for later rounds.
Just started account to see the brackets, however, i cannot see brackets. i assume this is because i am a new member. Can the brackets be found on the KYMSFA web site?
New member, waiting for all my replies to be approved so I can see the brackets!!! Hurry up administrators I am dying to see where my Corbin Redhounds are playing:-)
The Bracket looks great and I cant wait to see these games. To me the Bracket looks fair and should make for some pretty exciting games in all rounds.
Thanks for the answer Mr. Brooks. I'll go check the records for both teams and add up the points. I don't know Pike Central's opp. but I do know Belfry beat them twice. Does the point system go all the way to end of season and count the championship game also?
Could someone post Pike Central's schedule and record. Also, a team like Pikeville, who is not in the bracket or not playing in league. Do you still get points and how would you know what division they would be in?
RaiderFan7th Wrote:In response to Wildcat1 the 7th grade game with Boyd Co was cancelled because of weather. It was at Ashland in the Verity Bowl which we had no control as did you. Where do you get we refused to play you????? Guess we are a 3 because we are 9-1 and we've lost one game by 2 points and had 3 starters out that game. Oh I hope we do play now. Good luck to both teams and good luck getting to the region finals. It would be great if us, greenup, boyd, or Fleming could win it and knock off the power teams that are in our bracket!

There were attempts made to reschedule the game, but it was never rescheduled. The 8th grade game should have been finished, and the 7th grade game should have been played.

With the game cancelled, and Martin County not fielding a 7th grade team, Boyd County was left to gain enough points in 8 games to overcome other 7th grade teams with 10. Conference Championship would have helped, but now that game is scheduled for the night of the play in game of the playoffs.

As neighboring schools, there should never be a season where the two don't play. It's a nice backyard rivalry between two schools of similar size. It's not the first time the two schools have had games interrupted by lightning, either. They had to finish a game 3-4 years ago that was postponed for lightning.

The powers that be, could have for whatever reason, scheduled East and Boyd as a play in game. That would have made a little more sense. Just my opinion.
Raiders all the way!!!
Wildcat1 Wrote:How in the world is Boyd 7th an 8 seed when they won their conference, which includes 3 seed East Carter??? Especially considering East refused to play Boyd!

East Carter is not in the same conference as Boyd County. They used to be, but East, Russell, and West dropped out. East Carter is in the EKC with Rowan, Fleming, Mason, West etc... Boyd County is in the NEKC with Ashland, Greenup, Louisa, Martin, & Raceland.

East beat Simons (Fleming Co.) in their conference championship game. Boyd won their conference outright, but the championship game has not and may not be played due to scheduling conflicts with the KYMSFA playoffs.

Points don't lie, though. The seed is what it is. Boyd would probably be seeded higher had the game with East been played. They beat Simons (a 6 seed) handily 34-12 at Fleming County.

It's too bad the teams couldn't play. It would have been a good game.
Wow, N. Pulaski, S. Pulaski, Johnson, Knox, Bell and Whitley all in the same region. Sad that only one will make it out when most any combo of 4 would be a tremendous final 4.
Corbin has a tremendous RB he was MVP of 7th grade state last year
KMSFA2 Wrote:@Boondock Saint - How about something that we all see is severely lacking in this state - OVERSIGHT. TRAINING. PROFESSIONALISM. ACCOUNTABILITY.

Find another sport that has the amount of effort that the KMSFA puts in at the middle school level? I would challenge that you won't - even basketball.

Before the KMSFA, there was a known vaccum at the middle school level. We approached the KHSAA and created dialogue about changing that. Their answer in short was "no". They used words like "unfunded mandates" and "lack of support" from state government.

So a very enthusiastic and committed group of folks went to work. Now 6 years later, here we are - bigger and better than ever.

I will end this with this - every year there are always a handful of people who get on this site in particular and complain. I'm sorry that the answers we give you don't satisfy you. Take your complaints to your program's coach or AD. They have the opportunity to make suggestions EVERY year at the annual meeting. There are items that come up and are voted on and pass. Some of you all actually have some good ideas.

My only other suggestion to you is VOLUNTEER. You have these ideas and this energy? Why waste it posting anonymously on a message board? We have plenty of spots we could use your help! I am going to put my email address below. Contact me personally. We can't wait to plug you in!

I'll be anxiously awaiting my inbox to fill up with you folks offering to help!

Sincerely and respectfully,
JT BASS - KMSFA
[email]jtbass@kymiddleschoolfootball.com[/email]

Do I get any of the fees for me "volunteering"?
RichBrooks Wrote:Brackets are here
Is this bracket available anywhere else online?
tvtimeout Wrote:Do I get any of the fees for me "volunteering"?

Whats the imply here?
[quote=Wildcat1]How in the world is Boyd 7th an 8 seed when they won their conference, which includes 3 seed East Carter??? Especially considering East refused to play Boyd![/QUOTE

First they are not in the same conference, second there schedule would not allow them to play the game that was rained out. They only have 16 7th grade players and had some injuries.
First I want to say that I appreciate the 6 individuals that have tried to set the KMSFA. I think someday each of you should be in the hall of fame. You have done such a good job in the ground work. I think that it would be advisable for KHSAA to oversee the middle school programs, with guidance for the current by-laws that are in place for the high school.

I have heard from many that the KHSAA is not interested in this project. Well, I say it is not up to them, but the Kentucky Board of Education. They are the ones that govern KHSAA, if we are serious in the effort of improving the kids in sports in the middle school, we need to take this action. Write to Commissioner (sp) Holliday explaining the importance of middle school sports. If that does not work write to your local rep and state senator, have a petition prepared.

Again, everyone seems to be doing their own thing lets consolidate by the powers that are already set up. Lets make all sports for our kids the best we can!
plantmanky Wrote:Whats the imply here?

I accidently left off J/K:HitWall: Someone always says something about the money...

anyway look at my other post... I think this is the route we should take for Middle School.
I'm afraid no one is paid, sir/ma'am.

The KMSFA is 100% volunteer. All funds are reinvested and we are a registered non-profit organization.

We welcome your services though! You'd be the first to email me and offer from this site!!
JagSwag Wrote:I thought they would never release them.
Where are these available besides here? It seems like we could view the bracket on the KYMSFA site before anywhere.
Our middle school just discovered this organisation this year and joined. We are very excited and like what we see so far. I know that this takes a lot of endless hours and appreciate all that has come out of kmsfa so far.
16BBall Fan Wrote:[quote=Wildcat1]How in the world is Boyd 7th an 8 seed when they won their conference, which includes 3 seed East Carter??? Especially considering East refused to play Boyd![/QUOTE

First they are not in the same conference, second there schedule would not allow them to play the game that was rained out. They only have 16 7th grade players and had some injuries.

My bad....I thought sure they were both NEKC. Regardless, they were offered multiple options. It is what it is I suppose.
thanks for the insight
Thank you 16BBallFan. I have heard it all now 14 year old 7th graders! LOL!!! Yes we are not in the same conference thanks for clearing that up. Wildcat1 you could send me a private message would love to know who sent you the message about "We are not playing". You are worried about East why? Looks like you have JC in the near future. These seedings were done by the points system and who you beat I guess, don't complain to me. KYMSFA is the direction you should go in. Good luck to Boyd if we don't win it I hope they do. Great Bunch of kids.
It is sad that some schools resort to using students who are too old to play. The game isnt so muout winning as it is about teaching the character of the game and skills needed in life. By using students who are "holdbacks" then you are teaching them its ok to go around the rules.

The Brackets are set and I am excited for what is happening in October. Breast Cancer awareness Month so Rock the Pink and have fun TEACHING the game of LIFE to our athletes. Winning is something that happens from those lessons.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:It is sad that some schools resort to using students who are too old to play. The game isnt so muout winning as it is about teaching the character of the game and skills needed in life. By using students who are "holdbacks" then you are teaching them its ok to go around the rules.

The Brackets are set and I am excited for what is happening in October. Breast Cancer awareness Month so Rock the Pink and have fun TEACHING the game of LIFE to our athletes. Winning is something that happens from those lessons.

If a kid turns 14 BEFORE August 1 of their 7th grade year, they are too old. Otherwise, they are not.....that is the rules saying otherwise is teaching your kids to make excuses.