Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Western Kentucky 32 - Kentucky 31 (OT)
FBALL Wrote:Dooley has an almost identical record to Joker at UT where their pride and investment is totally behind that football program. They are ranked, not sure if they still are, because of the name on the Jersey.

Dooley is the Joke and will be looking for a job after this season.

These guys will never realise what you are saying. The school doesn't care about football, no coach will win at a high level at UK.
FBALL Wrote:Dooley has an almost identical record to Joker at UT where their pride and investment is totally behind that football program. They are ranked, not sure if they still are, because of the name on the Jersey.

Dooley is the Joke and will be looking for a job after this season.

You just hit on two words that are foreign to this school (U.K.) when it comes to the football program " pride & investmment ". It's not there.
Maybe this will help.
http://kycatstats.com/tired-of-the-baske...ol-excuse/
Strikeout King Wrote:Tennessee has 2 pretty impressive wins against teams that UK would struggle with and they kept it close against Florida.

NC State and Georgia State are hardly impressive. Georgia State might be the equivalent of Kent State. The Wolfpack I doubt are the equivalent of the Hilltoppers. WKU is pretty good. I think the only 2 losses in their last 11 games are to LSU and Alabama. They gave the Crimson Tide a better game than either Michigan or Arkansas.

Florida put 555 yards of total offense on Dooley's boys. The Vols were fortunate they only lost by 17.
Dooley>Joker.....JMO
FBALL Wrote:NC State and Georgia State are hardly impressive. Georgia State might be the equivalent of Kent State. The Wolfpack I doubt are the equivalent of the Hilltoppers. WKU is pretty good. I think the only 2 losses in their last 11 games are to LSU and Alabama. They gave the Crimson Tide a better game than either Michigan or Arkansas.

Florida put 555 yards of total offense on Dooley's boys. The Vols were fortunate they only lost by 17.

WKU is most definitely not a bad team. I agree with you 100%
the only way UK will ever get better in football, is if they started to put money into the program. the best coaches will never come to UK until they pay them. look at all the top football programs, the coaches make mils a year. UK is like all the smaller colleges, a stepping stone for something better.

just take Rich Brookes, when he ask for more money. the next that i hread was joker
name the head coach.
When you have money to burn to become more successful then burn it. Check this out.

UK FOOTBALL:
Revenue: $27.6 million
Expenses: $9.5 million
Profit: $18.1 million
That is a tremendous profit for a program that last season did not even make a Bowl game. UK basketball, the most successful program in America, doesn’t even generate such a profit:
UK BASKETBALL:
Revenue: $20.8 million
Expenses: $12.6 million
Profit: $8.2 million
Every other sport besides these two lose money at Kentucky. And it is thus clear that Kentucky’s Athletics program as a whole requires significant revenue generated by football. But how much of that money generated is invested back in the program? Johns goes on to look at the increase in money generated by UK football over the last 4 years:
UK FOOTBALL REVENUE:
2008-2009: $20 million
2012-2013: $29.6 million
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote::1:How about three BCS bowl wins since 2006???? :ChairHitConfusedUcK has not seen a New Year's Day bowl since Timmy Couch was QB. :flame:Banjo Bowls and Mempiss Bowls do not qualify as BCS bowls.

How many national champion banners hang at Morgantown? Let me help you, ZERO!!! Unless they have one in lacrosse or something. And they wouldn't have even been in a BCS bowl if they played in the SEC instead of the Big Least!! They finished tied with Louisvile last year which barely beat UK 24-17. The same Louisville team that beat WVU by 3. LSU beat UK by 29, beat WVU by 26. See a pattern? By my math, if WVU were in the SEC, they would be in the toilet bowl just like UK. Come back when WVU has actually accomplished something.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:When you have money to burn to become more successful then burn it. Check this out.

UK FOOTBALL:
That is a tremendous profit for a program that last season did not even make a Bowl game. UK basketball, the most successful program in America, doesn’t even generate such a profit:
UK BASKETBALL:
Every other sport besides these two lose money at Kentucky. And it is thus clear that Kentucky’s Athletics program as a whole requires significant revenue generated by football. But how much of that money generated is invested back in the program? Johns goes on to look at the increase in money generated by UK football over the last 4 years:
UK FOOTBALL REVENUE:

Then they need to take some of that money and do some upgrades of the facilities so that we can get a good coach in here that knows what he's doing
FBALL Wrote:NC State and Georgia State are hardly impressive. Georgia State might be the equivalent of Kent State. The Wolfpack I doubt are the equivalent of the Hilltoppers. WKU is pretty good. I think the only 2 losses in their last 11 games are to LSU and Alabama. They gave the Crimson Tide a better game than either Michigan or Arkansas.

wku, other loss was to ARKANSAS State, and that will be ther next loss on sat sept29..
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:When you have money to burn to become more successful then burn it. Check this out.

UK FOOTBALL:
UK BASKETBALL:
UK FOOTBALL REVENUE:

the rest of that money goes to play are basketball players,lol
Holy crap. With that profit we should be able to get a solid coach in there.

As for the game, Neery I would fight back with you like I normally do, but man we suck. Losing to Western Kentucky deserves endless bashing from Neery.
Note: the near 10 million dollar boost in revenue is from a TV deal thanks to playing in the SEC.
Maybe UK should get rid of every sports team they have other than the bball and fball teams so we could hire a good coach. If there the only programs making a profit i dont see why not, unless there some kind of title 9 bullshit with it being a public school.

UK FOOTBALL:
UK BASKETBALL:
UK FOOTBALL REVENUE:

Football is a cash cow for the rest of the atletic department. They turn a massive profit while sucking so why would they invest anything in it. UK doesn't care about football, this has been true for a long time it isn't jokers fault that he doesn't have the tools to suceed. No one could at UK without a major attitude change in the program.
Jim Tressel isn't coaching anywhere right now - he is working a desk job at Akron.

Bring him on!
zaga_fan Wrote:Jim Tressel isn't coaching anywhere right now - he is working a desk job at Akron.

Bring him on!

With no facilities or money for recruiting it would be the same shit.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:With no facilities or money for recruiting it would be the same shit.

If they would clean house and let Tressel hire his own staff - he would do fine.

I would guaran-freaking-tee he wouldn't have lost to Western Kentucky under the same circumstances. Recruiting would improve immediately. If they give him as much time as they have Joker he would be at least starting to compete in the SEC.
Some coaches could still do alright with UK money. Some of you act like we dont spend a dime on football when its still a pretty decent salary, and if we had a good coach, it could change.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Football is a cash cow for the rest of the atletic department. They turn a massive profit while sucking so why would they invest anything in it. UK doesn't care about football, this has been true for a long time it isn't jokers fault that he doesn't have the tools to suceed. No one could at UK without a major attitude change in the program.

You have to invest to see reward and the point by the post is to show there is money to invest. As everyone the majority of UK fans understand if you invest in upgrades and a quality coach (which we should have done after Brooks left). Then this program would continue to improve, now that is not to say they would be an elite SEC team year in and year out but they could be successful. The Admin have to realize where the problems lye first. Until that happens nothing will improve.

We invested into basketball in the early years, and have continued to invest which is why we are so successful. Kentucky does NOT produce great college players but we are able to go out and find those kids who fit the system and the kentucky brand.
Shady Grady Wrote:How many national champion banners hang at Morgantown? Let me help you, ZERO!!! Unless they have one in lacrosse or something. And they wouldn't have even been in a BCS bowl if they played in the SEC instead of the Big Least!! They finished tied with Louisvile last year which barely beat UK 24-17. The same Louisville team that beat WVU by 3. LSU beat UK by 29, beat WVU by 26. See a pattern? By my math, if WVU were in the SEC, they would be in the toilet bowl just like UK. Come back when WVU has actually accomplished something.

Newsflash Shady Grady, WVU is now in the Big XII. :dontthink
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Newsflash Shady Grady, WVU is now in the Big XII. :dontthink

Tell us how thats going in about 2 months lmao
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Tell us how thats going in about 2 months lmao

Paintsville, I can assure you that WVU will NOT go 0-9 in the Big XII. sUcK may go 0-6 in the SEC East. (ROTFLMAO!!!!!)
zaga_fan Wrote:If they would clean house and let Tressel hire his own staff - he would do fine.

I would guaran-freaking-tee he wouldn't have lost to Western Kentucky under the same circumstances. Recruiting would improve immediately. If they give him as much time as they have Joker he would be at least starting to compete in the SEC.

dont Tressel have a 5yr band on him coaching?
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Newsflash Shady Grady, WVU is now in the Big XII. :dontthink

Newsflash right back at ya: I was speaking of WVU's past sucking, not their future sucking. Confusednicker:
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Paintsville, I can assure you that WVU will NOT go 0-9 in the Big XII. sUcK may go 0-6 in the SEC East. (ROTFLMAO!!!!!)

I will give you this: WVU could probably go 2-4 in the SEC East. Plus a couple losses to the West, like they proved last year.