Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Western Kentucky 32 - Kentucky 31 (OT)
Fire Joker

Kentucky won't win again until Samford, if they can even beat them
Wow!
Fire Joker, that is all
Thank you Willie Taggart, you made me $800 richer.
Damnit!
Schedule puds and sooner or later one will get you. UK is now third among Kentucky colleges and fifth overall when you figure in Highlands and Trinity.
Hell of a call from Western Kentucky. Joker's seat is getting hotter!
Does he make it through the season?
Sun Belt! Sun Belt! Sun Belt!
man i hate it cause i am from KY, but now i live in Jonesboro and also root for the redwolfs, way to go to a sunbelt team, glad we get WESTERN and ULM at home, Western 2 wks from today...
Not only is jokers seat gettibg hotter, its so hot he is standing now. Right beside the door waiting for the the to say YOOUURRRRRR FIIIIRRREEEDDDDDDDD!!!!!:flush:
If Mitch Barnhart doesn't fire Joker this offseason, he needs to be fired
Thank god we didn't schedule morehead or eky or we would be 0 for state !!!!!!!

Joker has to gooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
RIUTG, I think everyone is starting to come over to our side on getting rid of the Joke!!
Wow, we can be such a good team. We have the athletes. But we HAVE to do something with the coaching staff. It's pathetic.
Great game to watch, awesome and gutsy 2 point conversion by Taggart. Good to see former Mr. Football Andrews doing well at WKU
This loss is terrible and it never should have happened. WKU shouldn't have even been within 3 touchdowns of Kentucky. But I was thinking of this after the game...did this game show us how bad UK is, or how much better WKU has gotten under Taggart? By no means is Kentucky a great team, but they're not this bad. Western has come leaps and bounds under Taggart, and their progress should be noted. He has done an outstanding job with that program.

I don't see at all how Joker keeps his job after this game.
Embarrassing. Just embarassing.

As gut wrenching as seeing that 2-point conversion was, this game should have never been that close from the beginning. UK's athletes may not be on the same level as Alabama or Florida, but they certainly have enough to beat Western, and beat them handily. Kentucky just came into the game ill-prepared, and it showed.

Joker just got flat outcoached. No other way around it. And barring a miraculous turnaround to the season, he HAS to get the boot at season's end.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Spud6 Wrote:Wow, we can be such a good team. We have the athletes. But we HAVE to do something with the coaching staff. It's pathetic.

What?????? You have to be kidding me? We didn't have athletes that were as good as WKU! It didn't just take a trick play by Western to win, their athletes were better.

WKU 3.2 Yards per rush - UK 2.2
WKU 10 yards per catch - UK 9
WKU 4 INTs - UK 1
Punt Returns 1 for 22 yards - UK 4 for 28

No, we don't have THE athletes. Alabama has THE athletes!
I may get some bad replies to this but here goes fire Joker and hire Bobby Petrino. Make him sign a code of conduct and anything else you could think of make sure he will understand. If he does something he pays everything back.
Stardust Wrote:What?????? You have to be kidding me? We didn't have athletes that were as good as WKU! It didn't just take a trick play by Western to win, their athletes were better.

People were quick to forget that this uk team minus the 300 or so tackles of Winston Guy and Danny Trevathon was one big pass play late away from possibly losing to WKU last year. WKU brought back an improved defense...How was UK losing to WKU this year such a big surprise to everyone? They were outplayed for 3 quarters last year.
The offense wasn't bad against a really good defense. Smith has to play better as far as the interceptions go. But what a gutsy performance from him at the end.

Defensively we are horrible. I really didn't think the drop off on that side of the ball would be this much.

I'm still ok with Joker but Taggert looked like the coach with mor swagger and Western looks more like an SEC team than UK.

If we were to do something as stupid as hire Petrino I quit. I will change my allegiance. If you want to get rid of Joker go get Taggert and the Harbaugh connection.
First off kudos to Western for a hell of a playcall.

Second...

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Take heart sUcK fans because basketball season starts in one month.
Strikeout King Wrote:RIUTG, I think everyone is starting to come over to our side on getting rid of the Joke!!

As they should.

Also, i change my prediction from 2-9 to 2-10 since we lot one of the games i predicted us to win Confusednicker:

Petrino!
How do you go from 2-9 to 2-10?
I know this game went to overtime, but a lot of people are forgetting that WKU was up 17-0 in the 1st half and 24-10 at one point in the 3rd quarter. WKU also had the ball 12 more minutes than UK. Maxwell Smith threw 4 interceptions, 3 of them in the 1st half. Western had the lead and controlled most of this game, if not for a late scoring drive, WKU wins this without OT. WKU earned and certainly deserves much more credit for beating an SEC team on the road.

Also, Petrino is not UK's answer. If UK needs a new head coach, which I don't think they do this year, they need to go after an offense or defensive coordinator from a good program and allow them to fix it up.
toussaints Wrote:I know this game went to overtime, but a lot of people are forgetting that WKU was up 17-0 in the 1st half and 24-10 at one point in the 3rd quarter. WKU also had the ball 12 more minutes than UK. Maxwell Smith threw 4 interceptions, 3 of them in the 1st half. Western had the lead and controlled most of this game, if not for a late scoring drive, WKU wins this without OT. WKU earned and certainly deserves much more credit for beating an SEC team on the road.

Also, Petrino is not UK's answer. If UK needs a new head coach, which I don't think they do this year, they need to go after an offense or defensive coordinator from a good program and allow them to fix it up.

sUcK's answer is residing in Cincy...Butch Jones!!!!

And they better get him before another BCS Conference school gets him.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:sUcK's answer is residing in Cincy...Butch Jones!!!!

And they better get him before another BCS Conference school gets him.

they better find the right amount of money to get him, he turned down a pretty good amount at Illinois last year.
toussaints Wrote:I know this game went to overtime, but a lot of people are forgetting that WKU was up 17-0 in the 1st half and 24-10 at one point in the 3rd quarter. WKU also had the ball 12 more minutes than UK. Maxwell Smith threw 4 interceptions, 3 of them in the 1st half. Western had the lead and controlled most of this game, if not for a late scoring drive, WKU wins this without OT. WKU earned and certainly deserves much more credit for beating an SEC team on the road.

Another factor in this game that made the game closer for UK is the penalties that WKU had. They had 7 or 8 flags for 85 yards and the one that helped UK the most was the Pass Interference call late in the 4th quarter. If WKU played without the mistakes UK probably wouldn't have scored more than 10 points.