Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co. @ Somerset 9/14
Breathitt wins 28-21.
#1YoungDawg Wrote:I will take Breathitt in this one and I would say the amount will be about like last year. Breathitt will win by 20 or 21 but it could be more. Some people will just never get this 1a,2a,3a,4a,5a and 6a thing. Somerset has a very good 2a team but Breathitt has a very good 3a team. If you don't think this makes a difference it does. Teams do beat other teams in a higher class from time to time but it is usually because the team in the higher class is bad. If a championship caliber team in 2a goes against a championship caliber team in 3a the 3a team will win 99 out of 100 times. Bigger school+more players and talent to chose from+legitimate 3a championship contender in my opinion=WIN FOR BREATHITT

I doubt that Breathitt will dress anymore than Somerset, I don't think they will have more players to choose from or better Alth, on their team. Shouldn.t be much difference in Coaching Staff,s. This will be a good Football Game. Just maybe 2A will Beat 3A.
#1YoungDawg Wrote:I will take Breathitt in this one and I would say the amount will be about like last year. Breathitt will win by 20 or 21 but it could be more. Some people will just never get this 1a,2a,3a,4a,5a and 6a thing. Somerset has a very good 2a team but Breathitt has a very good 3a team. If you don't think this makes a difference it does. Teams do beat other teams in a higher class from time to time but it is usually because the team in the higher class is bad. If a championship caliber team in 2a goes against a championship caliber team in 3a the 3a team will win 99 out of 100 times. Bigger school+more players and talent to chose from+legitimate 3a championship contender in my opinion=WIN FOR BREATHITT

While I admire the logic in this post you fail to realize that this Somerset team has gone two for three against the bobcats in this three year stretch. Those two wins came in the 3A regional championship game two years running. Somerset is one year removed from playing 3A competition on a weekly basis, and routinely plays 3-5A schools year in and year out. By your logic you r saying that breathitt was not a 3A contender in the two years Somerset beat them in the region? Once again Shs has their hands full, but I would argue that the bobcats do as well. Size is not as big an issue classes 1-3, with te exception of central. Come on man.
It appears alot of people have short memories. Somerset has beaten Breathitt two out of the last three years and both of Somerset wins knocked Breathitt out of the playoffs including a win at home and at Breathitt. Last year was much closer than score indicates. If Breathitt could score only 20 points last year it makes me wonder because the Somerset defense is even better this year and Breathitt had trent at QB and a dang beast at RB last year. Yes Breathitt did win last year, but Somerset did the two years before. Breathitt has the edge at Qb with Trent and Somerset has a first year starter and that might be the difference. I would say Trent has not seen anyone close to the Somerset defense this year. Should be a great game!
Somerset 24
Breathitt 21
Somerset and Breathitt have played 3 very hard fought games...in 09 Breathitt comes out and takes the lead early in the second half with Channing Fugate his senior year before Somerset came back to win going away 51-33 in the region finals...in 10 Breathitt has the lead with just over 6 minutes to go in Jackson before Somerset LB Derrek Jackson returns an INT for a TD and the lead, Somerset holds on and wins 29-26. Last year Breathitt shut Somerset out winning 20-0 at Breathitt, stopping the Jumpers several times inside the redzone on downs or turnovers.

I think the game this year will be a hard hitting game between two very good teams. Somerset needs to match up on the outside on the WRs and then keep Trent under control when he scrambles. Broken plays scare me the most because of Trent's ability to tuck it and run. If Somerset can get pressure with their D-line I think they can have some success, if they have to blitz to get pressure then that leaves holes open to throw and run to for the Bobcats.
Somerset by 9
Somerset
Jumper Dad Wrote:How much better is Trent and his WR's than Whitaker and the Hazard WR's?

We will find that out NEXT Friday.LOL.
Buffalo Bildos Wrote:Does Breathitt return all of their receiving core from last year?

Minus Fletcher;Plus Shouse.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:Minus Fletcher;Plus Shouse.

who is better?
Shouse doesnt have the speed of fletcher but he has better hands and he is also playing middle linebacker
IS IT FRIDAY YET ? I'm ready to watch this one and enjoy every second of it. Like I said before, Both Teams will come away from this Game better Football Teams, I wish is that both play as well as they can, and noone get's injured.
Somerset by 10 points
If somerset doesnt score more than they did against hazard it will be a blow out.
[quote=Jumper Dad]Somerset and Breathitt have played 3 very hard fought games...in 09 Breathitt comes out and takes the lead early in the second half with Channing Fugate his senior year before Somerset came back to win going away 51-33 in the region finals...in 10 Breathitt has the lead with just over 6 minutes to go in Jackson before Somerset LB Derrek Jackson returns an INT for a TD and the lead, Somerset holds on and wins 29-26. Last year Breathitt shut Somerset out winning 20-0 at Breathitt, stopping the Jumpers several times inside the redzone on downs or turnovers.

QUOTE]

Saw that game. As I recall, Breathitt gave Somerset the ball in their
end of the field several times, but the Jumpers only got in the red zone
a couple of times. But they did make the Bobcats work for their scores,
ut just couldn't get anything going against the Bobcat D.

This year looks like the Jumpers D is srtonger, but the Bobcats QB is even
better. Being at home helps, but it will be hard for the Jumpers to get a win in this one.
Observing Wrote:[quote=Jumper Dad]Somerset and Breathitt have played 3 very hard fought games...in 09 Breathitt comes out and takes the lead early in the second half with Channing Fugate his senior year before Somerset came back to win going away 51-33 in the region finals...in 10 Breathitt has the lead with just over 6 minutes to go in Jackson before Somerset LB Derrek Jackson returns an INT for a TD and the lead, Somerset holds on and wins 29-26. Last year Breathitt shut Somerset out winning 20-0 at Breathitt, stopping the Jumpers several times inside the redzone on downs or turnovers.

QUOTE]

Saw that game. As I recall, Breathitt gave Somerset the ball in their
end of the field several times, but the Jumpers only got in the red zone
a couple of times. But they did make the Bobcats work for their scores,
ut just couldn't get anything going against the Bobcat D.

This year looks like the Jumpers D is srtonger, but the Bobcats QB is even
better. Being at home helps, but it will be hard for the Jumpers to get a win in this one.

once again though, their quarterback has improved since last year but they dont have the battering ram of a running back they had last year
Breathitt starting running back has not played in almost 3 games he will be ready to show what everyone thinks we are missing. good luck somerset it could be a long night.
Mr Mountain Man Wrote:Breathitt starting running back has not played in almost 3 games he will be ready to show what everyone thinks we are missing. good luck somerset it could be a long night.

You a Pike Central fan or a Breathitt fan?!?!?!
Mr Mountain Man Wrote:Breathitt starting running back has not played in almost 3 games he will be ready to show what everyone thinks we are missing. good luck somerset it could be a long night.

I'm usually reserved but I'm just sick of these statements. Breathitt has played a terrible schedule thus far and your offensive numbers are representative of out athleting people everywhere on the field, that will not b the case Friday. I hope the kid who was ejected 3 games ago is a stud, you're gonna need one... Ask the states leading rusher kentayvus Hopkins who had 39 yds on the jumpers. Shs has given up 97 rushing yards on the season and less than 200 in th air. Whoever wins this will not be a blowout.
Im sure this will be a good game and may the best team win. This game is only going to help prepare both teams for the playoffs.
What did he do to get ejected?
I just wanted to say that somersets D hasn't played a good O all year yea hazards has olinger but they have a young OL which caused hazard to not have a chance on offense if your only rushing three and your line can't block them your in big trouble
Buffalo Bildos Wrote:[quote=Observing]

once again though, their quarterback has improved since last year but they dont have the battering ram of a running back they had last year

Call me crazy but I think that helps them in a way. Collins could batter his way to first downs against lesser teams but teams with speed and power to stop him hurt Breathitt last year.

Trent on the other hand has the speed to break runs against anyone. Against Belfry last year he got loose on several long runs when Collins could not.
theCalipariEra Wrote:I just wanted to say that somersets D hasn't played a good O all year yea hazards has olinger but they have a young OL which caused hazard to not have a chance on offense if your only rushing three and your line can't block them your in big trouble

Blocking those three will give a lot of lines trouble. The level of competition that Somerset has faced may not be the best in the state but two of the four are ranked in the top five in their classes. I'm not saying we are any better than Breathitt coming into this game but we seem to have been tested a little more than they have. Bottom line is two of the top teams in 2A & 3A faceoff Friday night in what should be one heck of a game. We'll see ya at "The Patch".
I think the Bobcats will win this one. It will be close, but I think Breathitt County will win.
theCalipariEra Wrote:I just wanted to say that somersets D hasn't played a good O all year yea hazards has olinger but they have a young OL which caused hazard to not have a chance on offense if your only rushing three and your line can't block them your in big trouble

Did you miss the whole previous conversation about how Somerset is the first quality team Breathitt will have played this season?
playtowin Wrote:Did you miss the whole previous conversation about how Somerset is the first quality team Breathitt will have played this season?

No I had ment to reply back to junperpride1 about his statements of how there D had held teams to under 200 yards passing and so much rushing.
Breathitt is finally playing a team that has won a game....so we shall see what they are made of...
Both teams are facing the best teams that they have played so far this season.
Somerset's D has been great but as stated they haven't really played any juggernauts either. Offense has been improving but hasn't faced as physical a team as Breathitt yet.

Breathitt has been out right dominate so far on both sides of the ball. But me and 10 neighbor kids could be undefeated against the teams they have played so far. Not the teams fault, they have taken care of business and played the games on the schedule.

I think either way this game goes both teams will leave with some answers on where they are and probably some continuing questions that will need to be answered in the coming weeks.

Go Jumpers!!!!