Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt Co. @ Somerset 9/14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This seems to have grown into a highly anticipated game between the two over the past few years. Somerset was defeated by a score of 20-0 last year at Breathitt. This year the Bobcats make the trip to Somerset for the first time since the 2009 3A regional finals. Both teams are undefeated and are ranked in the top 5 of their respective classes. Who ya got???
Breathitt 35-21
Have to take Somerset here. Breathitt is coming off a terrible showing against Jackson County. If they can't put more points then that up against Jackson they for sure will not be able to score against Somerset.
Somerset 34 breathitt,Co 28.
cctiger Wrote:Have to take Somerset here. Breathitt is coming off a terrible showing against Jackson County. If they can't put more points then that up against Jackson they for sure will not be able to score against Somerset.

You wasn't at the game so you shouldn't comment on things you just read.We pulled ALL starters right after the 2nd quarter began.We could have and did score at will.I expect agood game in Somerset but I think if we play D we win.If not it will be a fight till the end.They did a good job it "sounds" like stopping Hazard from passing down field and that is what they will have to do to us too."Sounds" like they put alot of pressure in Sizemore's face too.Trent is a much different QB than him so we will see.I believe it all hinges on Breathitt's D.By the way;since I wasn't at their game I can only go on what the radio was saying so I won't sound like you.Looks like a "high hopes" post from a Clay County fan.:ChairHit:
Somerset's defense is for real. Offense could stand some improvements but getting better each week. Should be a good game. Will probably be decided by who protects the ball best and special teams. Breathitt's offensive line and quarterback will have a slight edge but Somerset defense will erase that. Should be a good game.
Not for sure who to pick at the moment. I'll post my prediction closer to game day.
Breathitt in my my mind should be a 2-3 TD favorite.

The only issue I see is that this is arguably Breathitt's first game of the season. Bobcats could have beat their first 3 opponents in their sleep and Somerset most definitely is a quality team.Will the major step up in class cause the Bobcats to make some uncharacteristic mistakes?
Breathitt bigger than you think. I think they will amp it up a bit, and make a statement with this game.

42-21 Breathitt
brain cramp Wrote:Breathitt bigger than you think. I think they will amp it up a bit, and make a statement with this game.

42-21 Breathitt

Breathitt County will not score 42 points on Somerset.
brain cramp Wrote:Breathitt bigger than you think. I think they will amp it up a bit, and make a statement with this game.

42-21 Breathitt

Somersets defense has had 15 points score on it all season and they give up 42 in one outing? Jordan olinger is one of, if not the best receivers in the mountains and somersets defense shut him down all night. The interior 7 are good as well... Breathitt may win the game, but not by putting up major points.
Yeah;whoever said we will put 42 up on Somerset is being unrealistic.I think we CAN win but we have to play hard and I mean play hard the WHOLE game.I will say Breathitt by a TD.
I smell the upset Breathitt Co better be ready an not over look
Somerset!!!The biar jumpers with a late td for the win!!!!
cctiger Wrote:Have to take Somerset here. Breathitt is coming off a terrible showing against Jackson County. If they can't put more points then that up against Jackson they for sure will not be able to score against Somerset.

This Is an absolute joke of a post! There was a running clock with about a min left in the first quarter and the starters where took out a few minutes into the 2nd Quarter. Breathitt could have put up 100 if they wanted but what's the point in risking injurys?
theCalipariEra Wrote:This Is an absolute joke of a post! There was a running clock with about a min left in the first quarter and the starters where took out a few minutes into the 2nd Quarter. Breathitt could have put up 100 if they wanted but what's the point in risking injurys?

No running clock, the Bobcats only scored 36 points. I am sure the JV played at least 3 quarters. I agree that there is no reason to risk injuries and it will keep the starters physically "fresh" for a more important game in the fan's eyes next week.
pirate_time Wrote:I smell the upset Breathitt Co better be ready an not over look
Somerset!!!The biar jumpers with a late td for the win!!!!

No matter which team wins I wouldn't call a close game either way an upset.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:No running clock, the Bobcats only scored 36 points. I am sure the JV played at least 3 quarters. I agree that there is no reason to risk injuries and it will keep the starters physically "fresh" for a more important game in the fan's eyes next week.

There was a running clock with a min left in first quarter. There coach wanted a running clock and simply asked breathitts coach. After that the clock ran non stop the entire night. I do understand where breathitt only scored 36 points that you were confused about that
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:No matter which team wins I wouldn't call a close game either way an upset.

Fair enough but i still like the jumpers:Thumbs::igiveup:
Breathitt--35
Somerset-21
I expect a great game again this Friday. This has been a pretty good run of games between these two. Somerset won back to back years 09-10 in the playoffs and then Breathitt won last year in the regular season.

Both teams are fundamentally very good teams. Breathitt's offense is probably further along than Somerset's but I think Somerset's D is pretty dang good.

I look for a very good and tight game, Jumpers by 7 at the Briar Patch.
Somerset 24
Breathitt 17
Should be a good one.
Game of the week material

Somerset 21
Breathitt 13
Somerset- 21
Breathitt Co.- 14
Breathitt Co 21-14
I think Somerset has a very good team and I think the game with Hazard shows this but Hazard is 1a. I think Somerset is probably in the top 5 in the state in 2a but Breathitt is in my opinion in the top 5 in 3a so I like Breathitt by 14. Breathitt-28 Somerset-14 I think the Somerset D can slow Breathitt down a little but can the Somerset O score on the Breathitt D.

42-21 Breathitt

Get over it, Breathitt will not score 42 on Somerset's Def, This will be a tight game. IMP Somerset will win a Tight Game.Breathitt has not played anyone.
Here's the easiest pick of the week. Someone said above that Somerset
has had only 15 scored against them all year. bobcats will easily surpass that
total in this one game. The winner? BC in a moderately close one.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I think Somerset has a very good team and I think the game with Hazard shows this but Hazard is 1a. I think Somerset is probably in the top 5 in the state in 2a but Breathitt is in my opinion in the top 5 in 3a so I like Breathitt by 14. Breathitt-28 Somerset-14 I think the Somerset D can slow Breathitt down a little but can the Somerset O score on the Breathitt D.

Yes and that 1A School gave Breathitt all they wanted last year 35-34 and prob. will again.
I would not put much stock in the games or scores from Breathitt so far this year. Like you keep saying,Breathitt has not played anyone yet. Good teams who know they are good most of the time don't go into a game that they know they can dominate and try to destroy the team. They will get the score to a point where they know it's over then they will start to substitute a lot and try new stuff for on down the road. With that said I don't think we have seen the best Breathitt can do because they haven't had to play all the best people the whole game with the best plays yet. I think Somerset can make it a game for 2 quarters but in the 3rd Breathitt will start to pull away. Somerset is better this year but so is Breathitt in my opinion but we will see friday night. I just know I would love to be at this game.
No One from Somerset expects this to be an easy game. In fact I think most would agree that Breathitt Co is and should be the favorite. They are a top 5 3A team as stated above and Somerset is 2A, Breathitt shut Somerset out 20-0 last year and has a returning 3 year starter at QB. The Somerset posters picking Somerset are doing so because, well you never pick against your boys do you?
this should be a good game but im ganna say sumerset with then win in ot
Pages: 1 2 3 4