Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co. @ Somerset 9/14
breathitt will put up 24 points in this game, somerset will have to put up more offense than they did against Hazard the question is can they score enough to win.
Breathitt.
It's gonna be a low scoring game but sommerset win 21-14 lot of mistakes made by both teams.
Its been at Breathitt County for the past 2 years which is a loud and tough place to play. It being at the briar patch I take the jumpers 21 to 14. I dont think Breathitt can contain all of Somersets speed with Cam Chevy, Will Lange, Will Hinton, and Patrick Williams (I could name more but those are kids I know are faster than Breathitt players) . Breathitt doesnt have anyone to match it.
pirate_time Wrote:I smell the upset Breathitt Co better be ready an not over look
Somerset!!!The biar jumpers with a late td for the win!!!!

Just because the pirate sucked a big egg a couple of weeks ago don't mean we will.
T1up Wrote:breathitt will put up 24 points in this game, somerset will have to put up more offense than they did against Hazard the question is can they score enough to win.

Breathitt hasn't scored 24 points in a game in years. That would mean we probably kicked a field goal or missed all of our extra points.lol
Breathitt will finally be close to full strengeth this Friday. So I'm saying Breathitt by double digits. 28-14.
hulkamania Wrote:Breathitt hasn't scored 24 points in a game in years. That would mean we probably kicked a field goal or missed all of our extra points.lol

Field Goal may win this game. Does Breathitt have a good kicker??
Cellking Wrote:Field Goal may win this game. Does Breathitt have a good kicker??

When in FG range we just have Trent run one in for six:biggrin:
Altro Cat Wrote:When in FG range we just have Trent run one in for six:biggrin:

OK, good luck with that.
Cellking Wrote:OK, good luck with that.

Just kidding man but to be honest Holcombe rarely tries a FG. BC has several kids that share kicking duties on XP's and kickoffs. Not sure if they have even tried or made a FG all year.
Altro Cat Wrote:Just kidding man but to be honest Holcombe rarely tries a FG. BC has several kids that share kicking duties on XP's and kickoffs. Not sure if they have even tried or made a FG all year.

I'm pretty sure Breathitt hasn't tried a field goal this decade or last.
hulkamania Wrote:I'm pretty sure Breathitt hasn't tried a field goal this decade or last.

I guess if you are that much better than the people you are playing, No need for a Field Goal. Mike does a wonderful Job. have known him for 30+ years even back when Dudley was at Breathitt. I think Friday Breathitt and Somerset will be a very Good Ballgame. Whomever plays with the least amount of mistakes Win's the Game.
When Breathitt's bus arrives in Somerset Friday afternoon and the door opens, a ball will fly out.

Trent should throw it 50 times, and I do indeed think that Breathitt will score at least 35 on the Jumpers. Trent is the best QB the Jumpers will see this fall. And the best QB they've seen since Coveington Holy Cross. Remember him?

The only question in my mind s whether Somerset's offense will be good enough to keep up.

My prediction:

Visitors: 41

Home: 28
This will be a great game Breathitt beat Jackson,Co 36-14 But it was 36-0 with 5 minutes left in the first quarter they scored on their first five possions and Jackson,Co coach said run the clock the rest of the game. Breathitt could have scored 75 by halftime if they wanted to hats of to Mike Halcomb for calling off the dogs.
Gitback Coach Wrote:When Breathitt's bus arrives in Somerset Friday afternoon and the door opens, a ball will fly out.

Trent should throw it 50 times, and I do indeed think that Breathitt will score at least 35 on the Jumpers. Trent is the best QB the Jumpers will see this fall. And the best QB they've seen since Coveington Holy Cross. Remember him?

The only question in my mind s whether Somerset's offense will be good enough to keep up.

My prediction:

Visitors: 41

Home: 28
How much better is Trent and his WR's than Whitaker and the Hazard WR's?
Jumper Dad Wrote:How much better is Trent and his WR's than Whitaker and the Hazard WR's?

Appreciably.
Observing Wrote:Appreciably.

Trent is better than Whitaker, Run's a lot better. Receivers are not as good as Hazard's receivers. Hazard has better RB than Breathitt Co. Breathitt Co, has better Ol. Breathitt has not faced a Def. anywhere close to Somerset's Def. No matter who wins this game both teams comes away, a better Team.
Cellking Wrote:Trent is better than Whitaker, Run's a lot better. Receivers are not as good as Hazard's receivers. Hazard has better RB than Breathitt Co. Breathitt Co, has better Ol. Breathitt has not faced a Def. anywhere close to Somerset's Def. No matter who wins this game both teams comes away, a better Team.

I'm sorry but I'd take Breathitts wide receiver core over hazards any day
Trent is a better quarter if not for his dual threat ability alone. The blowout predictions are asinine, no matter who wins this game it won't be by a great number of points. Hazards olinger is better than the breathitt receivers, he is IMO the best receiver in the mountains. Breathitt is better up front than hazard, and breathitt takes more shots down field. The Shs defense has to prepare to be stretched vertically, and keep trent contained not letting him beat you with his legs. Should be a fun game, looking forward to Friday.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Trent is a better quarter if not for his dual threat ability alone. The blowout predictions are asinine, no matter who wins this game it won't be by a great number of points. Hazards olinger is better than the breathitt receivers, he is IMO the best receiver in the mountains. Breathitt is better up front than hazard, and breathitt takes more shots down field. The Shs defense has to prepare to be stretched vertically, and keep trent contained not letting him beat you with his legs. Should be a fun game, looking forward to Friday.

Olinger is really good I agree. As a whole receiver core tho I'd rather have Breathitts receiving core than hazards
pirate_time Wrote:I smell the upset Breathitt Co better be ready an not over look
Somerset!!!The biar jumpers with a late td for the win!!!!

Breathitt will definitely not overlook Somerset! They always have a good team we're not stupid! Breathitt will be prepared and we are not overlooking anyone and never will! So if you think Breathitt won't come prepared then you're crazy!
Factsonly Wrote:Breathitt will definitely not overlook Somerset! They always have a good team we're not stupid! Breathitt will be prepared and we are not overlooking anyone and never will! So if you think Breathitt won't come prepared then you're crazy!

I agree Mike will have Breathitt Co. ready to play. Coach Lucas will have Somerset Ready to play. I know the players are ready to play this game. Heck, wher is my Leather Helement, I'm ready to play. Should be a Great Game.
For all you people who like rankings, Litkinhouse has Somerset 25 pts. above Breathitt Co. and Dave Cantrell has Somerset 14 pts. above Breathitt Co. This is why I pay no Attention to rateings. especially this early in the year. This will be a good close ballgame, unless one team quits, and I do not see that happening. Good Luck to the Jumpers.
I feel this will be a shootout, so I will go with the Briar Jumpers 38-28.
theCalipariEra Wrote:Olinger is really good I agree. As a whole receiver core tho I'd rather have Breathitts receiving core than hazards

Does Breathitt return all of their receiving core from last year?
Somerset - 28
Breathitt County - 27
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I will take Breathitt in this one and I would say the amount will be about like last year. Breathitt will win by 20 or 21 but it could be more. Some people will just never get this 1a,2a,3a,4a,5a and 6a thing. Somerset has a very good 2a team but Breathitt has a very good 3a team. If you don't think this makes a difference it does. Teams do beat other teams in a higher class from time to time but it is usually because the team in the higher class is bad. If a championship caliber team in 2a goes against a championship caliber team in 3a the 3a team will win 99 out of 100 times. Bigger school+more players and talent to chose from+legitimate 3a championship contender in my opinion=WIN FOR BREATHITT
Buffalo Bildos Wrote:Does Breathitt return all of their receiving core from last year?

If I am not mistaken they did...and on top of that they added Shouse who is an absolute beast with the ball in his hands in the open field.

I think the Breathitt defense is being overlooked a little. The Bobcats are by no means Louisville Central on defense, but they are pretty solid and quite experienced. Somerset's offense hasn't really looked all too hot in 2/3 games including last week. Frankly, I'll be surprised to see the Jumpers score more than 3 TD's.

As I said before, I think all things considered equal Breathitt is about a 2 TD favorite in this one. The great equalizer is the massive step up in class for the Bobcats as opposed to their other 3 games. Maybe that takes a TD off the board for Breathitt and gives one to Somerset making up the difference, maybe not.

As of now I am saying:
Breathitt 26
Somerset 14
Cellking Wrote:For all you people who like rankings, Litkinhouse has Somerset 25 pts. above Breathitt Co. and Dave Cantrell has Somerset 14 pts. above Breathitt Co. This is why I pay no Attention to rateings. especially this early in the year. This will be a good close ballgame, unless one team quits, and I do not see that happening. Good Luck to the Jumpers.

That's because Breathitt county hasn't played anyone yet, while somerset played the defending 1a state champion.