Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co. @ Somerset 9/14
Play ball!!!!!!!!
Observing Wrote:[quote=Jumper Dad]Somerset and Breathitt have played 3 very hard fought games...in 09 Breathitt comes out and takes the lead early in the second half with Channing Fugate his senior year before Somerset came back to win going away 51-33 in the region finals...in 10 Breathitt has the lead with just over 6 minutes to go in Jackson before Somerset LB Derrek Jackson returns an INT for a TD and the lead, Somerset holds on and wins 29-26. Last year Breathitt shut Somerset out winning 20-0 at Breathitt, stopping the Jumpers several times inside the redzone on downs or turnovers.

QUOTE]

Saw that game. As I recall, Breathitt gave Somerset the ball in their
end of the field several times, but the Jumpers only got in the red zone
a couple of times. But they did make the Bobcats work for their scores,
ut just couldn't get anything going against the Bobcat D.

This year looks like the Jumpers D is srtonger, but the Bobcats QB is even
better. Being at home helps, but it will be hard for the Jumpers to get a win in this one.

theCalipariEra Wrote:I just wanted to say that somersets D hasn't played a good O all year yea hazards has olinger but they have a young OL which caused hazard to not have a chance on offense if your only rushing three and your line can't block them your in big trouble

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Somerset has the best defensive line in 2A. With Slaughter, Smith, Gilmore and Skidmore and only running a 3 defensive front rotating the 4th in. Anyone else agree?
^Haven't seen any others myself, but if there is a better front seven in 2A it would certainly be a sight to see IMO.
Buffalo Bildos Wrote:[quote=Observing]

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Somerset has the best defensive line in 2A. With Slaughter, Smith, Gilmore and Skidmore and only running a 3 defensive front rotating the 4th in. Anyone else agree?

Agree.
Then the Lb's are pretty good and the Def Backs are pretty good, so you have a very good Def. Now Breathitt may get their 42 people are talking about but I'll take all B--s.
If Castle Hatcher is playing for Somerset, I look for Somerset to win. Go Castle Hatcher!
TigerBlues Wrote:If Castle Hatcher is playing for Somerset, I look for Somerset to win. Go Castle Hatcher!

Castle will play some.
Cellking Wrote:Castle will play some.

I followed him after he killed us in the State Championship with the FBU team that had Cash and LeMaster from Paintsville playing with him. Love that kid, you guys have a dandy with him.
Somerset 38

Breathitt County 30
Today is the day!
Here's my take on the game. Last year's game was much closer than the score indicated. Breathitt hit on a long pass play for a touchdown on their first drive. They scored on their second possession when they completed what amounted to a hail mary pass on fourth down to get the ball down close. Other than that Somerset's defense played very well. The game was 14-0 and Somerset had the ball first and goal with about 3 minutes to go in the fourth before fumbling a snap and getting stopped at the one. Breathitt then took the ball down the field and sealed the game. It was very competitive and nothing came easy for either team. Somerset's defense is even better this season than last. Breathitt is not going to just move the ball up and down the field on them. To this point Somerset's offense is still a work in progress and will have some trouble with the Breathitt defense. I don't see either team scoring more than 3 touchdowns and I feel like a big play on special teams or a turnover will be what decides this game. This is the first real competition that Breathitt has faced and they have a long bus ride to the Briar Patch--both those factors work in Somerset's favor. I think this one goes down to the wire and someone pulls out a 21-14 victory....I'm just not sure who.
I honestly see Somerset taking this one just because of their speed. Deciding factor.
Buffalo Bildos Wrote:I honestly see Somerset taking this one just because of their speed. Deciding factor.

Somerset looked faster on film. Could be a huge difference.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Here's my take on the game. Last year's game was much closer than the score indicated. Breathitt hit on a long pass play for a touchdown on their first drive. They scored on their second possession when they completed what amounted to a hail mary pass on fourth down to get the ball down close. Other than that Somerset's defense played very well. The game was 14-0 and Somerset had the ball first and goal with about 3 minutes to go in the fourth before fumbling a snap and getting stopped at the one. Breathitt then took the ball down the field and sealed the game. It was very competitive and nothing came easy for either team. Somerset's defense is even better this season than last. Breathitt is not going to just move the ball up and down the field on them. To this point Somerset's offense is still a work in progress and will have some trouble with the Breathitt defense. I don't see either team scoring more than 3 touchdowns and I feel like a big play on special teams or a turnover will be what decides this game. This is the first real competition that Breathitt has faced and they have a long bus ride to the Briar Patch--both those factors work in Somerset's favor. I think this one goes down to the wire and someone pulls out a 21-14 victory....I'm just not sure who.

Here's a manner-of-sepaking bet for you. An imaginary draft at
Cheers says Breathitt Scores more than 21. And a second round says if Somerset doesn't score more than 14, they get beat by 2 scores.
Anyway to hear game online for those of those that dont live in the state?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
WLLK streams on line...Check IheartRadio.com also
C.Clair Wrote:Anyway to hear game online for those of those that dont live in the state?

You can find the Somerset announcers on WLLK 102.3 FM's website or on I Heart Radio on mobile devices.
Game start at 7 or 7:30?
Much appericated. Whoever is going to win this game will leave Somerset not necaserialy the better team but the team that caught a few breaks during the game. Breathitt has some very talented skill players but Somerset with their D line, could reak havic on Trent all night long if Breathitts O line cant hold up and doesnt give Trent time to pass. With the addition of Shouse for Breathitt, their D isnt bad either, have they played the caliber of O that Somerset has, no, but Breathitt does have one fast D and maybe can get out of their assignments from time to time. Both teams play their tails off, and coming out of this game I think Breathitt makes the fewest mistakes and beats Somerset 35-21
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
This very well may be a biased opinion, but I think that this will a very good game to the end! With that said, I think that the Briar Jumpers pull it off at home!

Somerset - 31

Breathitt Co. - 28
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Don't believe Bobcats can score 3 td's on the Jumpers. Trent vs Slaugter,Williams and Smith not this year guys.:HitWall:
Breathitt 26
Somerset 20

Breathitt jumps out early and then holds on to win
Good luck to both teams. Hope there are no injuries.................
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Well dang it, Somerset's starting center is out with a sprained ankle. Replaced by a kid whose never started varsity! Hoping we don't get eaten for lunch there
Dumpster Diving Wrote:Well dang it, Somerset's starting center is out with a sprained ankle. Replaced by a kid whose never started varsity! Hoping we don't get eaten for lunch there

Yikes..."botched snap" is one of the scariest phrases in football.
Breathitt to receive
2nd qt jumpers 7 breathitt 0
riverdog Wrote:Don't believe Bobcats can score 3 td's on the Jumpers. Trent vs Slaugter,Williams and Smith not this year guys.:HitWall:

I will eat my words and say congats to the bobcats. Trent is a one man show and looks good doing it.:ChairHit: