Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Whitley County
29.41%
Bell County
70.59%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley Co @ Bell Co
^
He must have been misinformed as well then.
It has nothing to do with taking players right now, Black wouldnt do that.
No one was misinformed.
He was stating an opinion about players coming out late, and so was I.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whitley will have a full lineup this week.

Glad to start seeing some numbers back and kids who didnt play last year, start coming back out.

Almost 70 players on this years roster. About 20 more than i thought.

I read this REEEEAAAALLLL slowly like you suggested and it still sounds like players were still coming out for the team this week. I think the part where you said "start coming back out" confused slow readers like me.
^
It probably did.

You only took it that way because you wanted to, as you always do with anything Whitley related.
belldad2011 Wrote:I hope our players keep their mouths shut this game,its stupid to get a first down then loose 15 yards for running your mouth .3 or 4 penalties for that friday, its embarassing.IF U WANT RESPECT,go out and earn it on the field by making some hard tackles ,great runs,and game changing plays .RESPECT IS EARNED not given.

I believe I have seen this happen from every football team over the years, and it makes me furious, too. I mean, how difficult is it to just keep your mouth shut??
Confusednicker:

They'll learn......and I would think that Mills would be just the person to teach them.
belldad2011 Wrote:I hope our players keep their mouths shut this game,its stupid to get a first down then loose 15 yards for running your mouth .3 or 4 penalties for that friday, its embarassing.IF U WANT RESPECT,go out and earn it on the field by making some hard tackles ,great runs,and game changing plays .RESPECT IS EARNED not given.

I don't think that you know what you are talking about. You didn't watch the game that I did. One penalty was for fans running onto the field.
HDE...I see your side but then again, I also see your left handed slam on all things not Harlan related.

Seriously, alot of teams fight battles getting kids out, and I believe that some don't have transportation to get to practice, parents that are not supportive of them playing, have to work, etc. I think every kid should have the chance to play, regardless. Do they get consideration in playing time, no probably not since they do not know what is going on but they can learn and honestly it should be about the fun. It is not a business although some folks would like to make it that, and spend millions on football fields and gyms. I know winning is important but is it more important than a kids happiness.

Now I am not saying take every kid unconditionally but on a case by case basis. Once again you may find that diamond in the rough. I peronsally know one case several years ago, a kid comes out late as a Freshman and then turns out to be an excellent player as a senior.
I think Whitley Co. will give Bell a run for their money but Bell comes out on top by 2 TD's.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Once again, who said anything about players coming out for the team in september?

For the third time, that is not what we said. Read it slower.

We were referring to injuries and eligibility issues only.

These kids have been here from the beginning of practice.

Those kids have NOT been there since practice started and you know it. Why try to spin it any other way? There have been kids coming out as late as last week, thats why they can not dress on Fridays. You only get the ones who are dedicated to the game and the school to come out ALL SUMMER!! And Fooseball was correct, only about 15 play anyway. Facts are facts!
Can we let it go now? Who cares if their is 20 or 100 players out, or if they came out last week or over the summer. Most that will come out now won't see any playing time most likely.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:HDE...I see your side but then again, I also see your left handed slam on all things not Harlan related.

Seriously, alot of teams fight battles getting kids out, and I believe that some don't have transportation to get to practice, parents that are not supportive of them playing, have to work, etc. I think every kid should have the chance to play, regardless. Do they get consideration in playing time, no probably not since they do not know what is going on but they can learn and honestly it should be about the fun. It is not a business although some folks would like to make it that, and spend millions on football fields and gyms. I know winning is important but is it more important than a kids happiness.

Now I am not saying take every kid unconditionally but on a case by case basis. Once again you may find that diamond in the rough. I peronsally know one case several years ago, a kid comes out late as a Freshman and then turns out to be an excellent player as a senior.

It's not a Harlan County or Whitley County issue. We're discussing a topic that comes up at a lot of schools and you guys choose to make it personal. I have said nothing about Whitley County or Harlan County in this discussion. I'm only talking about players coming out late.

I agree that every kid should have a chance to play. I'm sure they all do have a chance to play at Whitley or any other school, if they show up for practice on July 15. I'm guessing that most schools will let them come out a little late. I think that has happened at Harlan County, especially with freshman. I just think you have to draw the line at some point. I think after the season actually starts is too late, but that's just my opinion.
Copperhead11 Wrote:Those kids have NOT been there since practice started and you know it. Why try to spin it any other way? There have been kids coming out as late as last week, thats why they can not dress on Fridays. You only get the ones who are dedicated to the game and the school to come out ALL SUMMER!! And Fooseball was correct, only about 15 play anyway. Facts are facts!

Who cares one way or the other, I am glad to see kids interestd enough even at this late date at least trying it out.....Seriously Copperhead are you afraid that since your boy is standing on the sidelines one of the new guys will take his spot and he will not be able to see the game? If kids are truely dedicated they will stay off fourwheelers and won't get hurt and miss practice and games...and if frogs had pockets they would carry guns and not be scared of snakes.

The dedicated ones are the ones who get to play but when these kids get to come out they learn dedication, committment and what it takes to be a player.

BACK TO THE GAME:

With rain predicted off and on all week and some rain in the forecast for Friday how will that affect the game plan for both teams?

Whitley not much since they run the ball most of the time, but it could cause problems with footing for both teams.
This game is definetly one of the more intriguing games this week. I'm really anxious to see if Whitlley can continue to mature and improve as much as a lot of us think they wiill. If they do, then Bell will have their hands full at home. I think it is a definite advantage to have Whitley earlier in the season then later. Look for this to be maybe the best game in this area. Good luck and God's protection to both teams.
Bell 42
Whitley 14
I think this years D for us is a lot better than last years. First 3 games last year we allowed 79 pts, this year we have allowed 58 pts.
bell county - 35
whitley county - 12
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Heard it from the horses mouth myself.

67 on the roster.

They only had around 50 listed on the roster in the newspaper, so they must have had some come out rather late.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I agree. If Bell Co would turn Peyton lose at QB it would be hard for anyone to beat us.

So why would the coach not turn him loose then?
SEKYFAN Wrote:So why would the coach not turn him loose then?

Bell Co is mainly a running team. Always has and will be no matter what type of QB we have had.
look for an upset by the colonels with a field goal in the 4th
Bell County - 52
Whitley County - 21
I think that the Colonels are going to be majorly butt sore, just like Middlesboro was last week. 56-7 Bell
I hope we can focus Bryant on defense again like we did last week and keep some of our better defensive players rested and not having to go both ways.

Im not talking about the numbers issue anymore.
It doesnt matter anyways, everything is done legal, im worried about Bell County on friday, not how many kids we may or may not dress.
SEKYFAN Wrote:They only had around 50 listed on the roster in the newspaper, so they must have had some come out rather late.

What, the Whitley Republican or best of all, the Times Tribune? Confusednicker:
Any chance Bell does pick up the pass some?
Bell.Co 45 Whitley.Co 14
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Any chance Bell does pick up the pass some?

I heard last night they are going to start passing alot more starting this Friday IF needed.
Weather wont be a factor, Bell is use to playing in the slop with that underground spring runnuing through Log Mountain.
:problem:
We like it muddy.
I saw last week's game. Rock may be the worst Team they have ever had in their Football History. They are Flat Bad. Whitley could have won by 50, or more. Bell is a different Animal, they will destroy Whitley.