Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ensworth, TN 62 - Lexington Catholic 14
I went over and watched the game. Catholic was completely out manned. As for Bolin. The game I saw him play was outstanding. I am not a UL fan but they got a heck of a QB. As for stretching the field he didnt have time to throw it long and if he did the Cath receivers were not fast enough to get open. I saw he was 27 for 40 around 280 yrds.with several dropped passes . I came away thinking the that we (UK) missed on a great player in our back yard. Great accuracy good command of the game. I saw him throw two or three 20 yrd outs on a dime. From what I saw I think he can play anywhere. Bolin is very elusive in the pocket,he created alot of plays on his own. Catholic was just athletically inferior to the Tn team. I am a huge UK fan but more of a fan of the kids. I also dont think because we are UK fans we should run kids down. I wish this kid all the luck being a local boy except when he plays us. I refrain from posting on this site but wanted to kind of defend this kid from a couple of you knockers. Enjoy the season boys.
hop24 Wrote:Not at all. This was the first time I seen him play. Way they talked preseason, they were going to challenge Highlands for a title......Don't see it happening. Highlands championship will be in there district with CCH.

I agree.
nptb17 Wrote:Bolin will be fine in college. He will not be throwing to Lex Cath athletes who can't catch a cold. Enworth was not as good as Lex Cath made them look. They could have scored on Lex Cath on simple hitch plays, all night if they wanted which is sad.

Really? I thought they had three WR's who did a really good job. The Freshmen kid is big and caught the ball well,and #12(forget his name) caught everything near him, his is very small but not afraid to catch it in traffic.
sstack Wrote:Really? I thought they had three WR's who did a really good job. The Freshmen kid is big and caught the ball well,and #12(forget his name) caught everything near him, his is very small but not afraid to catch it in traffic.
The small kid was the only one making plays when Lex Cath still had hope. Bolin threw maybe three bad balls in the first half. His receivers gave him no help, except for the small kid. I don't even want to mention what I saw defensively out of Lex Cath which is nothing. A number of Kentucky teams could get 50 at half on that defense and that is me being nice.
catsallthetime Wrote:I went over and watched the game. Catholic was completely out manned. As for Bolin. The game I saw him play was outstanding. I am not a UL fan but they got a heck of a QB. As for stretching the field he didnt have time to throw it long and if he did the Cath receivers were not fast enough to get open. I saw he was 27 for 40 around 280 yrds.with several dropped passes . I came away thinking the that we (UK) missed on a great player in our back yard. Great accuracy good command of the game. I saw him throw two or three 20 yrd outs on a dime. From what I saw I think he can play anywhere. Bolin is very elusive in the pocket,he created alot of plays on his own. Catholic was just athletically inferior to the Tn team. I am a huge UK fan but more of a fan of the kids. I also dont think because we are UK fans we should run kids down. I wish this kid all the luck being a local boy except when he plays us. I refrain from posting on this site but wanted to kind of defend this kid from a couple of you knockers. Enjoy the season boys.

No way he plays over Towles! He would sit the bench,why would he or UK want that?
I'm not a fan of Lex Cath,or Highlands,but from what i saw out of Towles last year and Bolin his whole career i would give Bolin the nod over Towles.I might change my mind if i had saw Towles play more,Towles has a stronger arm but i like Bolins overall game better.I honestly don't think either one is an SEC caliber QB.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I'm not a fan of Lex Cath,or Highlands,but from what i saw out of Towles last year and Bolin his whole career i would give Bolin the nod over Towles.I might change my mind if i had saw Towles play more,Towles has a stronger arm but i like Bolins overall game better.I honestly don't think either one is an SEC caliber QB.

I am a HHS fan, but not a homer on picks and predictions, Towels is head and shoulders better than Bolin. I do think Towels is SEC player if Lorezen was, I am more impressed with Towels than JLO and watched both of them for years. They both(Towels and Bolin) are very smart guys which shows on the field,but Towels has better arm strength, better accuracy, better decision making,better runner and better size. What does Bolin have over Towels? We all can have our opinions but I have watched Lorezen, Bardo, and Towels over the years (three highly rated players in KY and who went on to D1), and I easily pick Towels as the best.
sstack Wrote:I am a HHS fan, but not a homer on picks and predictions, Towels is head and shoulders better than Bolin. I do think Towels is SEC player if Lorezen was, I am more impressed with Towels than JLO and watched both of them for years. They both(Towels and Bolin) are very smart guys which shows on the field,but Towels has better arm strength, better accuracy, better decision making,better runner and better size. What does Bolin have over Towels? We all can have our opinions but I have watched Lorezen, Bardo, and Towels over the years (three highly rated players in KY and who went on to D1), and I easily pick Towels as the best.

I might agree if i had watched Towles thru his high school career.Lorenzen was not a good decision maker.he showed that time and again with interceptions in SEC play.
Both Towles and Bolin are great in their own ways. Bolin is the more consistent passer if you ask me and a very underrated runner. Towles has a very strong arm and was known for that as well as his big frame. Towles was also dangerous on the ground. I'm not picking the better of the two because it's irrelevant. As for the game, WOW! What is Ensworth, TN ranked in their state? Should I be surprised at the score?
JustGoWithIt Wrote:Both Towles and Bolin are great in their own ways. Bolin is the more consistent passer if you ask me and a very underrated runner. Towles has a very strong arm and was known for that as well as his big frame. Towles was also dangerous on the ground. I'm not picking the better of the two because it's irrelevant. As for the game, WOW! What is Ensworth, TN ranked in their state? Should I be surprised at the score?

# 1 overall.
Wow they are stacked.
sstack Wrote:I am a HHS fan, but not a homer on picks and predictions, Towels is head and shoulders better than Bolin. I do think Towels is SEC player if Lorezen was, I am more impressed with Towels than JLO and watched both of them for years. They both(Towels and Bolin) are very smart guys which shows on the field,but Towels has better arm strength, better accuracy, better decision making,better runner and better size. What does Bolin have over Towels? We all can have our opinions but I have watched Lorezen, Bardo, and Towels over the years (three highly rated players in KY and who went on to D1), and I easily pick Towels as the best.

Towels put up numbers against bums compared to what Lorenzen played against. Towels struggled to complete screen passes.
Was Ensworth big on the line....

The LexCath player in this picture is 6'2" 215 lbs.

[Image: http://www.mesmerphoto.com/LCFootb/2012-...rop0-M.jpg]
David Bouvier had a great game under the big lights.

[Image: http://www.mesmerphoto.com/LCFootb/2012-...crop-M.jpg]
Ensworth is not a prep school. Prep schools can't play regular high school football teams.
Ensworth is in the private division in Tennessee where financial aid is permitted. They are not like Catholic, x, or Trinity in that regard.
Bluegrasscard Wrote:David Bouvier had a great game under the big lights.

[Image: http://www.mesmerphoto.com/LCFootb/2012-...crop-M.jpg]
I would like to see Bovier with a few more inches. Man that kid has heart! Even at his size he can play at the next level in my book. Catholic has several good players for sure. Ensworth was not only big but the speed they have was amazing.Its going to hard for any team to compete with them. I went back and read a little on Ensworth looks like they have built a school around athletics. They are getting good publicity. Thats not a bad thing its a new school and TN has 2 divisions in football. Public and private, its looks to me and please correct me if I am wrong but private schools can get players anyway they want. That is a huge advantage over the Ky schools and KHSAA rules on transferring. It looks like they have about 200 boys in the 9- 12 grades and they field this football team ? Alot of good athletes in Nashville to choose from. Good luck to them they are fun to watch.
catsallthetime Wrote:I went back and read a little on Ensworth looks like they have built a school around athletics. They are getting good publicity. Thats not a bad thing its a new school and TN has 2 divisions in football. Public and private, its looks to me and please correct me if I am wrong but private schools can get players anyway they want. That is a huge advantage over the Ky schools and KHSAA rules on transferring. .

Tennessee actually has 2 private divisions. 1 as I mentioned allows financial aid. The other private division operates just like public schools but has their own playoff division. Then obviously there are the public divisions. Some privates play with the public schools just like here in KY.
LOL, umm, I missed this prediction.....
When I first heard the name "Corn" Elder, I wondered if he would be riding to the game in a horse and buggy after he helped raise a barn. Then I saw him play and came away thinking that that is the fastes Amish kid alive.
nptb17 Wrote:Towels put up numbers against bums compared to what Lorenzen played against. Towels struggled to complete screen passes.

Yes he did struggle w/the screen,but I felt like he improved as the year progressed. And you can work on reps w/the screen, it is pretty hard to work on the long pass if you do not have the ability.
Towels did have some crappy teams to go up against, but Lorenzen had his fair shair too. Lorenzen was talented, but his size had a lot to do with it. He would make passes with 3 guys hanging on him, and run 20 yards with 4 guys hanging on him.
sstack Wrote:Yes he did struggle w/the screen,but I felt like he improved as the year progressed. And you can work on reps w/the screen, it is pretty hard to work on the long pass if you do not have the ability.
Towels did have some crappy teams to go up against, but Lorenzen had his fair shair too. Lorenzen was talented, but his size had a lot to do with it. He would make passes with 3 guys hanging on him, and run 20 yards with 4 guys hanging on him.

Just wondering, It is Patrick TOWLES right. Not TOWELS. Towels are the things we wipe ourself. Just wondering folks. :thanks: