Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ensworth, TN 62 - Lexington Catholic 14
This was pretty cool to get to watch on ESPNU.
Corn Elder (Ensworth) 200+ yards and 4 TD
Final

Ensworth Tn 62

Lexington Catholic Ky 14
My goodness. Like to see Central play them.
As expected.
Central would lose just as bad as LC did.
The only teams that could run with Ensworth would be Highlands and Trinity
I think they said that Elder (Ensworth) was rated the first player in TN and third in the Nation......Ensworth was ranked 3rd coming into this game according to Maxpreps.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Central would lose just as bad as LC did.
I doubt that.
It's true.
Just curious, how many starters did LC lose from last year?
Strikeout King Wrote:The only teams that could run with Ensworth would be Highlands and Trinity

Trinity would be the only team in Ky.that could play with them.
sstack Wrote:Just curious, how many starters did LC lose from last year?

Maybe 3 or 4.not many.
Jack Lambert Wrote:It's true.

Not necessarily... Central's defense is substantially better then LexCath's and they are much bigger and faster than the Knights and exponentially better tacklers. Would the Final Margin be the same? Maybe. Ensworth was very good. I don't think Central would have had the starters pulled on them at the start of the 3rd Quarter though.
ESPNU? That's huge recognition!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
^ Yes Sir! You didn't know it was on?
I don't think Bolin will ever see any playing time at UofL.
Strikeout King Wrote:^ Yes Sir! You didn't know it was on?

No clue! I was flipping through the channels and was like "wait a minute" I know that team lol
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Strikeout King Wrote:Corn Elder (Ensworth) 200+ yards and 4 TD

Really?
Who in the hell would name there kid corn?
^ No, it's short for Cornelius. The TV announcers were calling him Corn
Spud6 Wrote:No clue! I was flipping through the channels and was like "wait a minute" I know that team lol

It was pretty cool. I watched it plus listened to the Powell County/Pikeville game. LOL
What I was most impressed about Ensworth was how they seemed to execute EVERY single play to perfection. Would love to see a T or X matchup with them.
Is Ensworth some kind of prep school or something because I heard the announcers say they have only played varsity football for 7 yrs. This looked like a college team and they had tons of kids heading to play major college ball. A football program like this just doesnt develop to that level in only 7 yrs unless they are doing some type of recruiting.
KY Headhunter Wrote:Is Ensworth some kind of prep school or something because I heard the announcers say they have only played varsity football for 7 yrs. This looked like a college team and they had tons of kids heading to play major college ball. A football program like this just doesnt develop to that level in only 7 yrs unless they are doing some type of recruiting.

Ensworth is a private school, and while the high school is less than ten years old, the school had (and still has) a K-8 for 45 years preceding the opening of the high school.

While Ensworth certainly could be deemed to be gaining an advantage through "recruiting", although I would think in theory no more or less than a LexCath or any other private school - Tennessee, Kentucky, or elsewhere - the main key to its success has been its coach, Ricky Bowers, and its feeder program. Bowers coached at MBA (a school that has been playing football since pre-1900) from 1994-2001 and went 81-17, including three straight titles from 1998-2000 and national rankings in two of those three years. He then left to start the Ensworth High School program in 2002. When the Trinity-MBA series started in 2003, MBA actually was starting a slight downturn, as Ensworth was a major feeder for MBA before the opening of the high school (and thus may partly explain Trinity's success, particularly last year, against MBA in more recent years, after going 1-3 against MBA from 2003-2006).

Trinity seems to be, on paper and on the field, the class of Kentucky again, at least based on what happened in the Highlands scrimmage and in the first two regular season games. While comparative scores can be taken with a grain of salt, there will at least be a proxy to compare Ensworth to Trinity as EHS plays both of Trinity's first two opponents, Brentwood Academy and MBA. Long story short, I feel fairly certain that, if form holds, LexCath will eventually realize that they played a team of Trinity-caliber tonight after Ensworth plays both Brentwood Academy and MBA. Ensworth's margin of victory over MBA last year (42 points) was similar to Trinity's MOV over MBA (45 points), and the EHS-MBA game could have been worse, but since Bowers was playing the school he not only coached at but also played at in the late 70s, he actually put on the brakes a bit on his alma mater.
Would have liked to of seen Trinity on ESPN.
adopted purple Wrote:I don't think Bolin will ever see any playing time at UofL.

I think you may be right. He has a good short game but I just can't see him stretching the field in college, does not have a strong arm.
Bolin will be fine in college. He will not be throwing to Lex Cath athletes who can't catch a cold. Enworth was not as good as Lex Cath made them look. They could have scored on Lex Cath on simple hitch plays, all night if they wanted which is sad.
sstack Wrote:I think you may be right. He has a good short game but I just can't see him stretching the field in college, does not have a strong arm.

Not at all. This was the first time I seen him play. Way they talked preseason, they were going to challenge Highlands for a title......Don't see it happening. Highlands championship will be in there district with CCH.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Really?
Who in the hell would name there kid corn?
his parents,lol,his name is corneileus or however u spell it..