Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Pride" "Equality" "Fairness"
TheRealVille Wrote:As it is impossible to prove that he is real. Science leans towards no, though. You will withhold because you have no proof. Just one iota of "real" proof is all I ask for.

How do you figure? I challenge you to cite even one scientific proof that contradicts anything in the scriptures, much less the existence of the Almighty. The Lord did however foreknow what TheRealVille, would be saying on BGR, here's what He said about it,

2 Peter 3:3 (KJV)
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Over 2600 literally fulfilled prophesies, fill the scriptures. His resurrection and empty tomb were among the most thouroughly documented events in history. Miracles performed in front of thousands of eye witnesses as when 5 loaves and two fish fed over 5,000 people. God is real alright, but the greatest proof is that which witnesses to you from within. You know, as do all men, that God is real. Further you know because you have been in church your whole life and by your own admission, you have studied to that end. One thing remains true for you and all men of all time, and that is the fact that every last one of them will answer to God. Those who have accepted Christ through repentance and faith will have their sins covered by His blood. And, just as when the death angel 'passed over' the houses with blood on the door posts in Egypt, sparing those within the loss of their first born, those with their sins covered by the blood of Christ will be spared the second death, which, is eternal seperation from God and His goodness.

You have mentioned your contempt for the hypocrites that you have seen in church.
Galatians 6:7 (KJV)
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Nobody will get by 'faking it', as those you have seen that your believe are just playing church. And, I would ask you to consider this,

Matthew 22:10-14 (KJV)
10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: 12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. 13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

At the judgement there won't be any bargaining or begging. The wedding garment spoken about above, is the righteousness of Christ, all who accept Him as Lord and Savior recieve a white robe and, as is clearly indicated here, all men will be unable to speak even one word at the judgement. You'll be there to listen to your judgement being read as the books are opened, and nobody will go out of that with their head up in arrogance against Him. It will be terror on a scale undefinable for us here today. You're too smart to let people who are obviously in error, cause you to suffer eternal torment. No matter what happens the only reaction that will have any meaning for you is one thing, and one thing only. And it's the same question they must deal with. What will you do with Christ? It really means nada to you what they do. But life or death hangs on how every man answers (or ignores) this one queston. That's the reason we were put here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:How do you figure? I challenge you to cite even one scientific proof that contradicts anything in the scriptures, much less the existence of the Almighty. The Lord did however foreknow what TheRealVille, would be saying on BGR, here's what He said about it,

2 Peter 3:3 (KJV)
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Over 2600 literally fulfilled prophesies, fill the scriptures. His resurrection and empty tomb were among the most thouroughly documented events in history. Miracles performed in front of thousands of eye witnesses as when 5 loaves and two fish fed over 5,000 people. God is real alright, but the greatest proof is that which witnesses to you from within. You know, as do all men, that God is real. Further you know because you have been in church your whole life and by your own admission, you have studied to that end. One thing remains true for you and all men of all time, and that is the fact that every last one of them will answer to God. Those who have accepted Christ through repentance and faith will have their sins covered by His blood. And, just as when the death angel 'passed over' the houses with blood on the door posts in Egypt, sparing those within the loss of their first born, those with their sins covered by the blood of Christ will be spared the second death, which, is eternal seperation from God and His goodness.

You have mentioned your contempt for the hypocrites that you have seen in church.
Galatians 6:7 (KJV)
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Nobody will get by 'faking it', as those you have seen that your believe are just playing church. And, I would ask you to consider this,

Matthew 22:10-14 (KJV)
10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: 12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. 13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

At the judgement there won't be any bargaining or begging. The wedding garment spoken about above, is the righteousness of Christ, all who accept Him as Lord and Savior recieve a white robe and, as is clearly indicated here, all men will be unable to speak even one word at the judgement. You'll be there to listen to your judgement being read as the books are opened, and nobody will go out of that with their head up in arrogance against Him. It will be terror on a scale undefinable for us here today. You're too smart to let people who are obviously in error, cause you to suffer eternal torment. No matter what happens the only reaction that will have any meaning for you is one thing, and one thing only. And it's the same question they must deal with. What will you do with Christ? It really means nada to you what they do. But life or death hangs on how every man answers (or ignores) this one queston. That's the reason we were put here.
You got any Louis L'Amour, it's has more relevance as far as I'm concerned. He even wrote about Paintsville, and the Big Sandy. It's pretty easy to come up with fulfilled prophesies if you make up the bible as you go. Let's see some real proof your god is real. Convert me, but don't use your bible, I don't believe it's real.
TheRealVille Wrote:You got any Louis L'Amour, it's has more relevance as far as I'm concerned. He even wrote about Paintsville, and the Big Sandy. It's pretty easy to come up with fulfilled prophesies if you make up the bible as you go. Let's see some real proof your god is real. Convert me, but don't use your bible, I don't believe it's real.

You're saying prophesy written between 2,000-4,000 years ago, naming specific current events which have been fulfilled to the letter is "making it up as you go?" I know you can do better than that, well, on second thought maybe you can't. Neither could anyone else. Truth cannot be disproven. You'll accept Him by "grace through faith" or not at all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:You got any Louis L'Amour, it's has more relevance as far as I'm concerned. It's pretty easy to come up with fulfilled prophesies if you make up the bible as you go. Let's see some real proof your god is real. Convert me.
The same question could be, and has been, asked of you and you declined to answer. Does you conscience not bother you at all when you ridicule other people's religion, calling the basis of their beliefs fairly tales, while you also claim to believe in a god but refuse to offer any evidence of his existence?

Religion is a matter of faith. If you understood more about theoretical physics, you would realize that the overwhelming number people who accept the big bang theory do so as a matter of faith because their is no proof of its veracity and the mathematics that underpins the theory is beyond the grasp of nearly everybody on the planet.

If you are going to demand proof of the existence of God, as Christians know Him, then hold yourself to that same lofty evidentiary standard. If you try to do that (an impossibility by definition), then you maybe it will dawn on you how unreasonable you are being in these circuitous religious debates.

I don't understand why you keep interjecting religion and gay rights into so many debates where they do not even fit. You just end up insulting Christians and drawing attention to the double standard that you hold yourself to when it comes to your own beliefs.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The same question could be, and has been, asked of you and you declined to answer. Does you conscience not bother you at all when you ridicule other people's religion, calling the basis of their beliefs fairly tales, while you also claim to believe in a god but refuse to offer any evidence of his existence?

Religion is a matter of faith. If you understood more about theoretical physics, you would realize that the overwhelming number people who accept the big bang theory do so as a matter of faith because their is no proof of its veracity and the mathematics that underpins the theory is beyond the grasp of nearly everybody on the planet.

If you are going to demand proof of the existence of God, as Christians know Him, then hold yourself to that same lofty evidentiary standard. If you try to do that (an impossibility by definition), then you maybe it will dawn on you how unreasonable you are being in these circuitous religious debates.

I don't understand why you keep interjecting religion and gay rights into so many debates where they do not even fit. You just end up insulting Christians and drawing attention to the double standard that you hold yourself to when it comes to your own beliefs.
I'm not ridiculing. I don't believe in his book. If he wants to quote scripture as his proof of a christian god, it won't fly with me. Is me not believing in a christian god, and asking for proof when someone quotes scripture, and says I will burn, ridiculing their belief? When he preaches to me, and quotes scripture that damns me to his god's hell, I have every right to demand proof that his god exists. I don't have to offer proof on my god, I don't push him in peoples' face, and don't care whether they believe in him or not. Are you now the self appointed god cop?
TheRealThing Wrote:You're saying prophesy written between 2,000-4,000 years ago, naming specific current events which have been fulfilled to the letter is "making it up as you go?" I know you can do better than that, well, on second thought maybe you can't. Neither could anyone else. Truth cannot be disproven. You'll accept Him by "grace through faith" or not at all.
List me some prophesies that have been proven true that are in the bible, without using your bible as the proof that they actually happened.
TheRealVille Wrote:I'm not ridiculing. I don't believe in his book. If he wants to quote scripture as his proof of a christian god, it won't fly with me. Is me not believing in a christian god, and asking for proof when someone quotes scripture, and says I will burn, ridiculing their belief? When he preaches to me, and quotes scripture that damns me to his god's hell, I have every right to demand proof that his god exists. I don't have to offer proof on my god, I don't push him in peoples' face, and don't care whether they believe in him or not. Are you now the self appointed god cop?
You keep starting these debates. If you don't want to debate religion and are unwilling to hold yourself to the same standard as others, then why don't you just stop bringing up the subject? As long as you keep putting the subject on the table for discussion, I will probably continue to discuss it until I get bored with the topic.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You keep starting these debates. If you don't want to debate religion and are unwilling to hold yourself to the same standard as others, then why don't you just stop bringing up the subject? As long as you keep putting the subject on the table for discussion, I will probably continue to discuss it until I get bored with the topic.
I didn't bring god into this debate. Look back through the posts and see who brought god into it. You will see, PF brought design, and create into the thread. Then, TRT brought god into the thread.
TheRealVille Wrote:I didn't bring god into this debate. Look back through the posts and see who brought god into it. You will see, PF brought design, and create into the thread. Then, TRT brought god into the thread.
In my world, when somebody uses the word "designed," it is not a code word for God or the Book of Genesis. To say that humans are designed with the parts necessary for reproduction is just stating the obvious to most people, regardless of whether they are Christian, Hindu, Muslim, or atheist. You took the statement as a religious claim and pulled the discussion into that realm.

BTW, your argument that homosexuality is not a choice is ridiculous. Even if science eventually finds proof of the elusive "gay gene," to believe that a gene is responsible for all instances of homosexual behavior goes against overwhelming evidence to the contrary. The mere existence of bisexuals is evidence enough that the cause of all homosexuality cannot be explained away by a gene. Do you believe that their is a gene that causes bisexual behavior too?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:In my world, when somebody uses the word "designed," it is not a code word for God or the Book of Genesis. To say that humans are designed with the parts necessary for reproduction is just stating the obvious to most people, regardless of whether they are Christian, Hindu, Muslim, or atheist. You took the statement as a religious claim and pulled the discussion into that realm.

It is, knowing that PF goes to a church here in town. BTW, don't worry about me ridiculing religion, it's none of your business. BTW, feel free to put shoes on your disdain for my hatred of religion.
TheRealVille Wrote:It is, knowing that PF goes to a church here in town. BTW, don't worry about me ridiculing religion, it's none of your business.
Yeah, it's my business if I want to make it my business. If you don't want responses to your posts, then I suggest you not post. I find it entertaining to watch you twist yourself into a logical pretzel as you demand proof of the existence of a Christian God, yet offer no proof of the god in which you claim to believe that is all that stands between you and atheism.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Yeah, it's my business if I want to make it my business. If you don't want responses to your posts, then I suggest you not post. I find it entertaining to watch you twist yourself into a logical pretzel as you demand proof of the existence of a Christian God, yet offer no proof of the god in which you claim to believe that is all that stands between you and atheism.
I don't push my, or any god, or atheism, on this board to anybody. I don't have to offer any proof because I could care less if anybody believes what I believe. I'm not the one quoting scripture. If it's your business that I provide proof of my god, put legs on it. I don't hide behind a computer screne, you know where I live.
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't push my, or any god, or atheism, on this board to anybody. I don't have to offer any proof because I could care less if anybody believes what I believe. I'm not the one quoting scripture. If it's your business that I provide proof of my god, put legs on it. I don't hide behind a computer screne, you know where I live.
You are pathetic, RV. You believe in a god and have absolutely no evidence that he/she/it exists but you belittle Christians for their beliefs. When confronted with the absurdity of you position, you are ready to meet on your front porch. To answer your earlier, question, no, I am not the God police, but neither are you. We all have a right to our own personal religious beliefs but we do not have the right to belittle and bully others for their beliefs. You can dish it out pretty well but you seem to have a paper thin skin.
TheRealVille Wrote:I'm not ridiculing. I don't believe in his book. If he wants to quote scripture as his proof of a christian god, it won't fly with me. Is me not believing in a christian god, and asking for proof when someone quotes scripture, and says I will burn, ridiculing their belief? When he preaches to me, and quotes scripture that damns me to his god's hell, I have every right to demand proof that his god exists. I don't have to offer proof on my god, I don't push him in peoples' face, and don't care whether they believe in him or not. Are you now the self appointed god cop?

Listen RV, if you were trying to get to California but you were traveling east on I-64 towards Richmond, Va., I can correct your path and point you in the right direction. However, if you're goint to demand proof that I know California to the west and not to the east, I can show you a road map. But, if you refuse to believe I know what I'm talking about or that the road map is real, we're at an impasse. I'd like to try to help you, but I can't make you accept the truth.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You are pathetic, RV. You believe in a god and have absolutely no evidence that he/she/it exists but you belittle Christians for their beliefs. When confronted with the absurdity of you position, you are ready to meet on your front porch. To answer your earlier, question, no, I am not the God police, but neither are you. We all have a right to our own personal religious beliefs but we do not have the right to belittle and bully others for their beliefs. You can dish it out pretty well but you seem to have a paper thin skin.
I don't see you defending my religious beliefs. LoL. When you are a christian get back with me. I would love nothing more than to meet you onmy front porch, yet I know that you hide behind a computer screne. My god, or no god, is none of your business.
TheRealThing Wrote:Listen RV, if you were trying to get to California but you were traveling east on I-64 towards Richmond, Va., I can correct your path and point you in the right direction. However, if you're goint to demand proof that I know California to the west and not to the east, I can show you a road map. But, if you refuse to believe I know what I'm talking about or that the road map is real, we're at an impasse. I'd like to try to help you, but I can't make you accept the truth.
But, your book don't prove anything(ie getting to CA, The map has to be proven to be real, and not going east).
TheRealVille Wrote:List me some prophesies that have been proven true that are in the bible, without using your bible as the proof that they actually happened.

http://www.therefinersfire.org/recent_prophecy.htm

No sense in my posting all this, there are 10 recently fulfulled prophesies at the link above. How many would you like to see, a hundred, a thousand?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't see you defending my religious beliefs. LoL. When you are a christian get back with me. I would love nothing more than to meet you onmy front porch, yet I know that you hide behind a computer screne. My god, or no god, is none of your business.
My parents did not raise a fool, RV. You don't seem to be rowing with both oars in the water. I fought my share of bullies growing up but - and here is another key difference between us, RV - I did grow up. I have posted nothing here to warrant any threat on your part, but yet here we are again - you acting like a 12-year old bully daring me to step across a line.

How many times does this make that you have done this kind of thing, RV? Is it time to sweeten your offer to buy the website so that you can personally silence me with a lifetime ban? You are angry because you know that I am speaking the truth. There is no way to defend your hypocritical attacks on Christianity and the Christians who post in this forum. I recall that you recently pledged to show more tolerance for Christians and our beliefs. That did not last long, did it?
TheRealThing Wrote:http://www.therefinersfire.org/recent_prophecy.htm

No sense in my posting all this, there are 10 recently fulfulled prophesies at the link above. How many would you like to see, a hundred, a thousand?
:igiveup: :biglmao: Let's just focus on #6. There is a muslim temple on the "christian temple" site. You are a bigger moron than I first thought.

Israel still has deserts. Let's face it, none of those are provable true.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:My parents did not raise a fool, RV. You don't seem to be rowing with both oars in the water. I fought my share of bullies growing up but - and here is another key difference between us, RV - I did grow up. I have posted nothing here to warrant any threat on your part, but yet here we are again - you acting like a 12-year old bully daring me to step across a line.

How many times does this make that you have done this kind of thing, RV? Is it time to sweeten your offer to buy the website so that you can personally silence me with a lifetime ban? You are angry because you know that I am speaking the truth. There is no way to defend your hypocritical attacks on Christianity and the Christians who post in this forum. I recall that you recently pledged to show more tolerance for Christians and our beliefs. That did not last long, did it?
LOL I didn't threaten, and you know my address. Anything else?
TheRealVille Wrote:But, your book don't prove anything(ie getting to CA, The map has to be proven to be real, and not going east).

That's not the problem, you say you want proof and yet, I believe you would reject any and all proof over and over again. You have rejected the map and the messenger. Like I said before, you have that right. I don't have any responsibility past telling you the truth in the matter. And, God doesn't need my defense, I do it as a gesture to you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:That's not the problem, you say you want proof and yet, I believe you would reject any and all proof over and over again. You have rejected the map and the messenger. Like I said before, you have that right. I don't have any responsibility past telling you the truth in the matter. And, God doesn't need my defense, I do it as a gesture to you.
No, if you show me a roadmap, you have to prove to me that map is real, or I can't follow it.
TheRealVille Wrote:I didn't threaten, and you know my address. Anything else?
:lmao: You are all talk, RV, and you are not particularly good at talking. If you can't hold your own in a civil debate, then you should find a more relaxing way to spend your time.

In the Book of Genesis, the Bible says that God created everything that we see from nothing. It was not until the 20th Century that scientists formulated the theory that the universe was created from a singularity (i.e., an infinitesimal point with near infinite mass).

In other words, the current working scientific theory is that the universe appeared where nothing existed before. Do you really find that inconsistent with the Biblical account? Do you not believe that it is possible that God's word was not conveyed to his followers in words that the mostly illiterate people could understand 2,500 years ago? Should He have delivered to Moses Einstein's theory to convey the inhabitants of Earth circa 500 BC?
Hoot Gibson Wrote::lmao: You are all talk, RV, and you are not particularly good at talking. If you can't hold your own in a civil debate, then you should find a more relaxing way to spend your time.

In the Book of Genesis, the Bible says that God created everything that we see from nothing. It was not until the 20th Century that scientists formulated the theory that the universe was created from a singularity (i.e., an infinitesimal point with near infinite mass).

In other words, the current working scientific theory is that the universe appeared where nothing existed before. Do you really find that inconsistent with the Biblical account? Do you not believe that it is possible that God's word was not conveyed to his followers in words that the mostly illiterate people could understand 2,500 years ago? Should He have delivered to Moses Einstein's theory to convey the inhabitants of Earth circa 500 BC?
Can you prove that the bible is real, with 100% certainty? Until you do, I'm not interested.
TheRealVille Wrote:Can you prove that the bible is real, with 100% certainty? Until you do, I'm not interested.
Yet, you claim to believe in a god but refuse to offer any evidence (let alone proof) of its existence. We have zero evidence that you are not an atheist, as a matter of fact. Yet you demand proof that the one God, in which the billions of members of three major world religions believe, is real. Is it tough to engage in such hypocrisy, RV, or does one just get used to it?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Yet, you claim to believe in a god but refuse to offer any evidence (let alone proof) of its existence. We have zero evidence that you are not an atheist, as a matter of fact. Yet you demand proof that the one God, in which the billions of members of three major world religions believe, is real. Is it tough to engage in such hypocrisy, RV, or does one just get used to it?
Yet I never ask anyone to believe in my god, that is the difference.
TheRealVille Wrote:Yet I never ask anyone to believe in my god, that is the difference.
You belittle people for not being able to prove to your satisfaction that their beliefs are well founded. You have no right to make such a demand - but because you do make that demand, you should not be so thin-skinned when challenged to do the same. You are mistaken if you think that you occupy any high moral ground here. TheRealThing has the courage to share his beliefs, even in the face of your constant ridicule. I don't see you showing the same courage in return. But you certainly have the right to refuse to walk your talk.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You belittle people for not being able to prove to your satisfaction that their beliefs are well founded. You have no right to make such a demand - but because you do make that demand, you should not be so thin-skinned when challenged to do the same. You are mistaken if you think that you occupy any high moral ground here. TheRealThing has the courage to share his beliefs, even in the face of your constant ridicule. I don't see you showing the same courage in return. But you certainly have the right to refuse to walk your talk.
As do you. Confusednicker:
TheRealVille Wrote::igiveup: :biglmao: Let's just focus on #6. There is a muslim temple on the "christian temple" site. You are a bigger moron than I first thought.

Israel still has deserts. Let's face it, none of those are provable true.

You do get your hackles up when it comes to the reality that you will face judgement some day. I'm pretty comfortable with regard to my own intellect as compared to your's but, here's number 6--- In Micah 4:1, the prophet said that the Temple mount in Jerusalem would become the focal point of the world. This prophecy has not yet been fulfilled. But, it is interesting to note that Jerusalem is, and has been for centuries, the world's most important religious site. Christians and Jews regard the city as the world's most important, and Christians and Jews comprise about one-third of the world's population. No other city in the world is a religious focal point to as many people.

As we sit here debating whether the scriptures are valid, the United States is thoroughly immersed militarily in the middle east. Your boy Obama is center stage with this stuff 24/7, there are white house generated leaks, strategically designed to make Obama look like the boss. Middle Eastern terror groups and plots threaten every viable civilized country on the planet. War is either happening or will happen within days usually. Here is the list of middle eastern conflicts since Israel was reformed as a nation in 1948, which, is a major fulfillement of prophecy in and of itself---

Here is Isaiah 43:5-6, a prophecy extraordinaire predicting the reformation of the nation of Israel."Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, `Give them up!' and to the south, `Do not hold them back.' Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth…

LIST---
Israeli War of Independence (1948-1949)--Upon Israel's declaration of independence, Egypt, Transjordan, Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, and Saudi Arabia join the local Palestinian militias in attacking Israel.

Suez War (1956)-Israel, France, and Britain invade Egypt. U.S. and Soviet pressure force a cease-fire and allied withdrawal from Egyptian territory.

Iraqi Army Revolt/Coup- (July 14, 1958)--Brigadier General Abdul Karim el Qassim overthrows the royal government of King Faisal II. Both the king and Prime Minister Nouri al Said are killed. Qassim soon withdrew Iraq from the pro-Western Baghdad Pact and established friendly relations with the Soviet Union.

Lebanese Civil War (1958)-Lebanon's Christian and Muslim communities engaged in civil conflict. The United States landed troops in the country to halt the fighting.

Mosul (Iraq) Revolt--(March, 1959)--Pro-Qassim communist militia , called the People's Resistance Force, violently suppressed an anti-Qassim Sunni Army faction made up mostly of junior officers.

Kirkuk (Iraq) Violence -(1959)--Pro-Qassim(pro-Communist) Kurds and People's Resistance Force killed ethnic Turkomen in Kirkuk .

Iraqi Kurdish Revolt—(1961-1970) –After a period of relative calm, Iraqi government promises of Kurdish autonomy, or self-rule, went unfulfilled, sparking discontent and eventual rebellion among the Kurds in 1961.

North Yemen Civil War (1966-1970)-Royalist rebels fought to overthrow the "Republican" government. Egypt sent troops to help the government, while Saudi Arabia aided the rebels.

Dhofar Rebellion in Oman (1960's-1970's)-Marxist rebels, aided by South Yemen, fought against the conservative, pro-western Omani government. The Shah of Iran sent troops to help fight the rebels, and Britain supplied officers for the the Omani army. The rebels were defeated in the early 1970s.\

Six-Day War (1967)--Israel launched a pre-emptive attack on Egypt, Jordan, and Syria. The Iraqi air force was also attacked by Israel.

The War of Attrition (1968-1970)--Border war between Egypt and Israel. Basically an extension of their fighting in the Six-Day War.

Jordanian Civil War (1970)-The Jordanian government expelled the Palestine Liberation Orgaination, partly to end Israels's excuse for continual raids and invasions of Jordan to fight the PLO. Syria sent troops to aid the PLO. Despite that aid, the PLO was forced to move to Lebanon.

Yom Kippur [or Ramadan] War (1973)--Egypt and Syria launch a surprise attack on Israel on the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur. The attack is also on the Muslim holiday of Ramadan. Iraq sent troops to aid the Syrians.

Iraqi Kurdish Revolt -(March, 1974) -–In March, 1974, Kurdish rebels led by Mullah Mustafa Barzani (having survived an assassination attempt) rebelled against the government. The Kurds felt that the government was not living up to the agreement which ended the previous revolt.

Lebanese Civil War (1975-1990)-When the PLO moved to Lebanon, it helped upset the balance between the Christian and Muslim communities in Lebanon. When civil war broke out, the PLO sided with the several Muslim militias, and Israel aided the Christians. Syria sent troops as part of an Arab League force to stop the fighting. Syrian forces finally withdrew from Lebanon in April of 2005.

Egyptian-Libyan Border War (June 21-24, 1977)-Border conflict between Egypt and Libya.

Intra-Iraqi Kurdish warfare (1978-1979) --In 1975, Jalal Talabani formed the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK)-urban-based and leftist) in opposition the Barzani-led Kurdish Democratic Party (KDP).

Iraqi Shia unrest in Karbala -(February, 1979)--Suppressed by the Saddam regime. Under Saddam Hussein, the Shiites (Shia) were a persecuted religious group, both despite the fact, and because of, their numerical majority in the country.

Yemeni War (1979)--A border war between Saudi-allied North Yemen and Soviet-allied South Yemen turned into a superpower confrontation as Saudi Arabia's ally, the United States, sought to end a war which quickly favored the Marxist South Yemanis. Both sides agreed to a cease-fire.

First Persian Gulf War (1980-1988)-Iran vs. Iraq-also involved U.S. and Kuwait.

"The Tanker War" (1987-1988)-This is the component of the First Persian Gulf War that involved the U.S. and Kuwait. In an attempt to halt Kuwaiti aid for Iraq, as well as Iraqi oil sales and deliveries, Iran attacked oil tankers in the Gulf. The U.S. stepped in to protect the Kuwaiti ships and came engaged in combat with Iran's Navy and Revolutionary Guards. Also known by the U.S. code-name "Operation Earnest Will."

Osiraq Reactor Raid—(June 7, 1981) –Israeli war planes bomb the Osiraq nuclear reactor under construction in Iraq.

Israeli Invasion of Lebanon (1982-1984)-Also involved Syria and the PLO.

Israeli-Lebanese Border War (1984-2000)-Also involved Syria , the PLO and Lebanese militia's such as Hezbollah.

South Yemen Civil War (1986)--Civil War in Marxist South Yemen between different factions in the ruling Marxist government. More than 10,000 died in a week of fighting.

The First Intifada (Dec. 1987-1993)-An uprising by the Palestinians in the territories occupied by Israel in the 1967 War. This conflict concluded with the Oslo Accords, which set up a timetable for Palestinian nationhood and called for the establishment of the Palestinian Authority, with PLO Chairman Yassir Arafat as President.

Second Persian Gulf War (1990-1991) Kuwait, United States, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Egypt, Britain, France, Oman, Qatar, UAE vs. Iraq

Iraqi Kurdish Revolt—(1991) –Encouraged by the sudden defeat of Saddam’s forces in Kuwait and spurred by appeals by President George H. W. Bush of the U.S., Kurds rose up against the Iraqi government With the bulk of his elite forces having escaped from the fighting in Kuwait and southern Iraq, Saddam was able to smash the revolt, causing hundreds of thousands of Kurdish refugees to flee into neighboring Turkey and Iran to escape.

Iraqi Shiite Revolt—(1991) – Encouraged by the stunning defeat of Saddam’s forces in Kuwait and spurred by appeals by President George H. W. Bush of the U.S., the Shiites of southern Iraq rose up against the Iraqi government, only to be crushed by Saddam’s forces. Sporadic guerrilla resistance continued, with the bulk of the Shiite fighting forces seeking refuge in neighboring Shiite Iran.

The "No-Fly Zone War " (1991-2003)

Yemeni Civil War (1994)

Yemen-Eritrea Border Conflict (1996?)

Intra-Iraqi Kurdish warfare --(1996) – Combat between various Kurdish militias.

Yemeni Tribal Uprising (1998)

Saudi-Yemen Border Conflict (1998)

bin Laden's War (1998-2012) -Terrorist conflict between the United States and irregular forces led by Osama bin Laden. The violence has also involved Kenya, Tanzania, Sudan, Yemen and Afghanistan.

The Second Intifada (Sept. 2000-Present)-An urban guerrilla/terrorist conflict between the Palestinians and Israel. Marked by suicide bombings, recurring Israeli invasions of Palestinian cities and Palestinian guerrilla attacks on Isreaeli settlements and military targets.

Third Persian Gulf War (2003-Present)-The second major war between the United States-led coalition and the Middle Eastern nation of Iraq. Military members of the initial invasion coalition also include the United Kingdom, Poland, and Australia.

Sa'dah Insurgency (June, 2004-Present)-A rebellion by the Shiite Zaidiyyah sect in northern Yemen against the government of Yemen. See also: http://www.jamestown.org/terrorism/news/...id=2368399

Saudi-Yemen War (2009)--Saudi Arabia intervened in the Sa'dah War in Yemen.
Israeli Invasion of Lebanon (2006)

North Lebanon Conflict (May 20, 2007- September 2, 2007)--This conflict began in May, 2007, when the Lebanese Army began a siege of the Nahr al-Bared refugee camp in order to drive out a militant Islamic militia called Fatah Islam.

Gaza War (2008-2009)--Israel invades Hamas-ruled Gaza in an attempt to stop frequent missile attacks on Israel by Hamas.

Egyptian Revolution of 2011

Libyan Revolution of 2011

Syrian Revolution of 2012
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
And as the end nears, Jerusalem will be surrounded by enemies on all sides,

Luke 21:17-22 (KJV)
17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish.
19 In your patience possess ye your souls.
20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

It all looks very right and pretty clear to me
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]