Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Pride" "Equality" "Fairness"
I thought this was deserving of it's own thread, and I didn't wanna be a hijacker. With all of the protests, boycott's and other situations that have arose recently over the topic of gay rights. That got me thinking about issues.....

Human's are stubborn. We don't like people trying to change our mind's on issues/topics that we believe it. Somebody can produce enough evidence supporting their views to win above and beyond any type of trial. And Us being human... no matter how much somebody tries to change your mind, it's not going to happen. Most of the time, it has the opposite effect. Trying to convince somebody their belief's/views are wrong, they are gonna support harder than before just to spite the other person.

My example is Christmas time. Now a days, most places/stores will say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas". Some states call their tree a 'Holiday Tree' instead of a 'Christmas tree' I can go on with this forever. Some people get offended if somebody says "Happy Holidays".... some people get offended if you say "Merry Christmas" to them.

And the list of topics/debates could go on forever.... gun control, abortion, gay rights.

And yes, somebody will probably put a "Captain Obivous" banner on here for me...... But I thought this was a topic worth starting.
One thing I will say.... I work with some openly gay people, both men and women. And they don't go to the gay pride rallies or their not going to Chick-Fli-A today so they can post a picutre of them kissing on Facebook.

They do their own thing, not because they are ashamed or embarrsed about being gay. If you ask them, they will gladly tell you. But when they tell you they are gay, the next thing they say is "I'm not gay to get attention." They tell you that's the life they've chosen and they don't want to special treatment.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:One thing I will say.... I work with some openly gay people, both men and women. And they don't go to the gay pride rallies or their not going to Chick-Fli-A today so they can post a picutre of them kissing on Facebook.

They do their own thing, not because they are ashamed or embarrsed about being gay. If you ask them, they will gladly tell you. But when they tell you they are gay, the next thing they say is "I'm not gay to get attention." They tell you that's the life they've chosen and they don't want to special treatment.
I've never heard a gay person say they chose to be gay. 100% of the ones I've talked to say they were born that way, and knew they were different from the very beginning. Since you say you work with some, directly ask them if they chose to be gay or were they born that way. I'll bet you 100% will tell you the same thing that gays have told me.
Isn't there a difference between the "gay lifestyle" and being gay?
TheRealVille Wrote:I've never heard a gay person say they chose to be gay. 100% of the ones I've talked to say they were born that way, and knew they were different from the very beginning. Since you say you work with some, directly ask them if they chose to be gay or were they born that way. I'll bet you 100% will tell you the same thing that gays have told me.

Whether or not people choose to be gay is a tough subject. In some cases I'm sure people are born "wired" different than normal. And yes, I believe homosexuality is abnormal.

Some children seem gay at very early ages and are always in same sex relationships. Some people are heterosexual for years and then "discover" they are, want or choose to be gay. Some people are gay for long periods of time and then want or choose to be straight.

Even though I believe humans have the ability choose their sexuality, I have seen some individuals that always seemed destined to be gay.

I can remember reading a stat once that claimed that most gay males were raised in a single mother family. Not having a father has nothing to do with how you were born.

We all have urges, some fight those urges for a lifetime because they understand morality. Some don't let morality get between them and their urges.

IMO their are several factors that lead to someone being gay. IMO their are rare cases (at birth) when not only are there physical things awry, but emotional ones too...Very Rare.

To blanket all gay people as being born gay don't float with me.

Disclaimer...I DO NOT HATE GAY PEOPLE.
nky Wrote:Isn't there a difference between the "gay lifestyle" and being gay?
Not that I know of.
gay life style
[Image: http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9G...gpc1WMteVw]
The way you choice how you live can turn people off. But it goes for any "militant" in your face group.
lifestyle
[Image: http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9G...XBCLWWdxeE]
nky Wrote:The way you choice how you live can turn people off. But it goes for any "militant" in your face group.
Confusednicker: It's not a choice. When are the ignorant going to get that?
TheRealVille Wrote:Confusednicker: It's not a choice. When are the ignorant going to get that?
being gay may not be a choice but the lifestyle is :Sad04:
[Image: http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z80/l...th/gay.jpg]

I knew all of you would want to see this picture again. Like I said on another thread. Being gay is not normal human behavior I don't care how you try to sell it. If you want to be gay then do it on your own time behind closed doors but don't shove it in peoples face.
Do-double-gg Wrote:[Image: http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z80/l...th/gay.jpg]

I knew all of you would want to see this picture again. Like I said on another thread. Being gay is not normal human behavior I don't care how you try to sell it. If you want to be gay then do it on your own time behind closed doors but don't shove it in peoples face.
Well said.
Call me crazy... But arent human's designed to pro-create. It takes a MAN and a WOMAN to create a human life. It's impossible for 2 men together or 2 women together to make a baby. IF somebody is truly "born to be gay", then shouldn't that person be born without repoductive organs?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Well said.
Call me crazy... But arent human's designed to pro-create. It takes a MAN and a WOMAN to create a human life. It's impossible for 2 men together or 2 women together to make a baby. IF somebody is truly "born to be gay", then shouldn't that person be born without repoductive organs?
Only in a biblical world. A lot of people don't live in that world. Our country isn't ruled by the bible.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Well said.
Call me crazy... But arent human's designed to pro-create. It takes a MAN and a WOMAN to create a human life. It's impossible for 2 men together or 2 women together to make a baby. IF somebody is truly "born to be gay", then shouldn't that person be born without reproductive organs?

TheRealVille Wrote:Only in a biblical world. A lot of people don't live in that world. Our country isn't ruled by the bible.
Huh? wouldn't that be only in the biological world? Since when doesn't it take a man and a women to make a baby? Must be teaching something else in the Pikeville schools:thanks:
nky Wrote:Huh? wouldn't that be only in the biological world? Since when doesn't it take a man and a women to make a baby? Must be teaching something else in the Pikeville schools:thanks:
Meaning, in an evolution type setting, gays don't have to pro create, and are not "designed". Something in their gene make up causes them to be attracted to the same sex. Even in the animal world there are gay animals. PF was coming at it from a biblical view.
TheRealVille Wrote:Only in a biblical world. A lot of people don't live in that world. Our country isn't ruled by the bible.
Sadly, your right. :igiveup:
nky Wrote:Huh? wouldn't that be only in the biological world? Since when doesn't it take a man and a women to make a baby? Must be teaching something else in the Pikeville schools:thanks:
Im not from Pikeville/Pike Co.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Im not from Pikeville/Pike Co.
no but someone else doesn't know where babies come from
TheRealVille Wrote:Meaning, in an evolution type setting, gays don't have to pro create, and are not "designed". Something in their gene make up causes them to be attracted to the same sex. Even in the animal world there are gay animals. PF was coming at it from a biblical view.
if they want to reproduce they do(or are you saying they can reproduce asexually?). So it's in their genes huh?
TheRealVille Wrote:Meaning, in an evolution type setting, gays don't have to pro create, and are not "designed". Something in their gene make up causes them to be attracted to the same sex. Even in the animal world there are gay animals. PF was coming at it from a biblical view.
I'm not trying to be vulgar/obscene...... so please don't suspend/delete my account. Im just trying to prove a point.

Men are born with a penis, testicles, prostate. Main function for those body parts, urination and PRO CREATION!

Women are born with an entire repoductive system in their bodies. Vagina, uterus, ovaries, cervix.... Main function for that whole system... PRO CREATION!

Now if somebody is truly "born gay" then that person by all means and purposes should not be born with any type of repoductive organs at all in their body. Because there would be no need for a "born gay" person pro-create.
TheRealVille Wrote:Confusednicker: It's not a choice. When are the ignorant going to get that?

Oh yes, it's a choice alright. How could God say the sin of homosexuality is an "abomination" to Him which will be judged and even further, those who become involved in the homosexual life style will at some point be "turned over to a reprobate mind?" I'm sure your studies in the divinities have made you familiar with the ramifications of the Lord turning one over to a reprobate mind, but in short at that point there is no hope. If they are born that way how could they possibly be judged?

And for the record, truth is truth, there is no distinction between the world view and the biblical view as far as truth is concerned. I'll grant you men rationalize their actions but that doesn't make them a biological classification, much less right.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Oh yes, it's a choice alright. How could God say the sin of homosexuality is an "abomination" to Him which will be judged and even further, those who become involved in the homosexual life style will at some point be "turned over to a reprobate mind?" I'm sure your studies in the divinities have made you familiar with the ramifications of the Lord turning one over to a reprobate mind, but in short at that point there is no hope. If they are born that way how could they possibly be judged?

And for the record, truth is truth, there is no distinction between the world view and the biblical view as far as truth is concerned. I'll grant you men rationalize their actions but that doesn't make them a biological classification, much less right.
Your rationale only works if your "Lord", and the biblical god is real.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Sadly, your right. :igiveup:
No disrespect intended, but 2 christians can't even agree on the bible meaning, let alone a secular government.
TheRealVille Wrote:Your rationale only works if your "Lord", and the biblical god is real.

I think you've got things a little backwards, you whistle in the dark with the thinnest of all ratrionales---

Psalm 53:1 (KJV)
1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

You're wrong on your last post too---

Matthew 18:20 (KJV)
20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

And, I mean no disrespect either.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I think you've got things a little backwards, you whistle in the dark with the thinnest of all ratrionales---

Psalm 53:1 (KJV)
1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

You're wrong on your last post too---

Matthew 18:20 (KJV)
20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

And, I mean no disrespect either.
Where did you prove that he is real?
TheRealVille Wrote:Where did you prove that he is real?

Some will not accept the truth. That is their call and I respect that. But, unless you are prepared to prove He is not real, which is impossible by the way, I will withold proving His existance any further than the fact that He has revealed Himself to every man through His created universe.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Some will not accept the truth. That is their call and I respect that. But, unless you are prepared to prove He is not real, which is impossible by the way, I will withold proving His existance any further than the fact that He has revealed Himself to every man through His created universe.
As it is impossible to prove that he is real. Science leans towards no, though. You will withhold because you have no proof. Just one iota of "real" proof is all I ask for.
The best words ive ever heard is "something cant come from nothing".

No matter how much science is told, talked about, or "proven", its all created by somthing else.
People refer to evolotion and the big bang to create this stuff, but let me ask where did the stuff it takes to do this come from?
Its like a never ending infinity straight to God.