Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region preseason picks
HDE Wrote:I think it's the closest it has been in a while with four or five teams in the mix, but I don't think the region is very strong. I doubt anyone would be in the top 30 or 40 in the state.

I agree.
I have seen the top 5 ranked teams play recently. Corbin really impressed me the most yesterday because they beat Wayne co by 40. At least for preseason I think I would rank like this. Clay,Corbin,Harlan, Whitley,bell. Very balanced. Wouldn't be surprised to see someone new to represent 13th at bowling green.
I heard Craig from Whitley has injured her achilles tendon. Any word on when she will be back and ready to play?
Hitters_Count Wrote:I heard Craig from Whitley has injured her achilles tendon. Any word on when she will be back and ready to play?
Spoke to family member today, Said she never played in any of the scrimmage losses.....but, is receiving Physical Therapy and should return soon.
^
What has Whitley looked like so far
According to their own players, they have played awful. Craig and Sabrina were out 1 game together and maybe Craig another. Still hearing Craig may have to wear a boot or possibly a cast to mend/rest her achilles along with PT. Hope she has a speedy, but good recovery.
^
Ive heard from a couple that she likely wont be able to play this year.
Im also hearing our guard play is doing well, and it should with the guards we have.
If we can get a solid post game, mostly for defense and rebounding, we'll be in the sweet 16.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Ive heard from a couple that she likely wont be able to play this year.
Im also hearing our guard play is doing well, and it should with the guards we have.
If we can get a solid post game, mostly for defense and rebounding, we'll be in the sweet 16.
I don't know where you are getting your information, but it is wrong. Did you read what I said a couple post above yours. She is getting PT and should return SOON! I think I will believe the family member over your source.
I guess only time will tell who is correct.
If Craig were to miss this season.....then Whitley is toast! Turn out the lights....the party is over!
Bell beat Clay in SEKC Panorama last night 78-77. Opens the door for many to come through. Cant wait to see how this region ends up in March.
Morris dropped 32 against my girls last night, she is the real deal! Not a Bell fan, but gotta respect a player! That girl is in a league of her own! Clay is really missing the Mitchell girl! Could be long season for the Lady Tigers especially with their schedule.
bball lover Wrote:Bell beat Clay in SEKC Panorama last night 78-77. Opens the door for many to come through. Cant wait to see how this region ends up in March.

Clay is no where near what they have been
Best chance for Clay to lose the region in 5 years.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:I don't know where you are getting your information, but it is wrong. Did you read what I said a couple post above yours. She is getting PT and should return SOON! I think I will believe the family member over your source.
I guess only time will tell who is correct.

Calm down buddy, nobody is jumping on your craig parade youve had on here for years.

Obviously i said thats just what ive heard.
And Whitley will not be toast. Our guard play is the number one priority. It will hurt if we ever lose that inside presence, but it doesnt spell the end of the season.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Calm down buddy, nobody is jumping on your craig parade youve had on here for years.

Obviously i said thats just what ive heard.
And Whitley will not be toast. Our guard play is the number one priority. It will hurt if we ever lose that inside presence, but it doesnt spell the end of the season.
That's like the kettle calling the pot black...don't you think? I believe you have been on a Smith parade for years as well. What's funny is when when Smith was out hurt, Whitley kept winning....now with Craig out they lost both games they have played. So I think my parade has been for good reason. Let's just sit back and watch how they do without her...and see how your superstar does.

:popcorn:
How bad is Craig hurt?
insideinfo Wrote:How bad is Craig hurt?
Spoke to family member.....said it is not a major injury, is receiving physical therapy and progressing well and should return soon. There is a chance she may miss a game or two before she returns. According to "Run it up the Gut" it shouldn't be a problem for the team since "The Guards are the Priority" for this team...:HitWall:
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:That's like the kettle calling the pot black...don't you think? I believe you have been on a Smith parade for years as well. What's funny is when when Smith was out hurt, Whitley kept winning....now with Craig out they lost both games they have played. So I think my parade has been for good reason. Let's just sit back and watch how they do without her...and see how your superstar does.

:popcorn:

Confusednicker:
Wow, Im just a fan and dont have any relation to anyone on the team.
However, you make it obvious.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:Spoke to family member.....said it is not a major injury, is receiving physical therapy and progressing well and should return soon. There is a chance she may miss a game or two before she returns. According to "Run it up the Gut" it shouldn't be a problem for the team since "The Guards are the Priority" for this team...:HitWall:

I thought she was returning soon, now its a couple of games?

Believe you me, you could have two Craigs and it wouldnt matter.
If Smith and Powers werent there, we'd be in huge trouble.
I'm not used to agreeing with Run It Up The Gut this much. I'm a little worried.
[quote=RunItUpTheGut]I thought she was returning soon, now its a couple of games?
:concentratetongue:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I thought she was returning soon, now its a couple of games?

Believe you me, you could have two Craigs and it wouldnt matter.
If Smith and Powers werent there, we'd be in huge trouble.
I don't believe anything you say after a statement like that!!! We will see how they do without her..., real soon! So far they are 0-2... Genius!!:lame:

I would talk about me being someone's family......so funny!!!! It is very obvious whose family you are from.
HDE Wrote:I'm not used to agreeing with Run It Up The Gut this much. I'm a little worried.
I would expect nothing less from you Harlan Daily Enterprise.:biglmao:
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:I don't believe anything you say after a statement like that!!! We will see how they do without her..., real soon! So far they are 0-2... Genius!!:lame:

I would talk about me being someone's family......so funny!!!! It is very obvious whose family you are from.

Once again, i have no connection to any girls bball player, but i can assure you, your endless bragging is getting old, even from a fellow Whitley fan.

I dont care if your family or not, she still has a lot to prove, but its obvious that our play relies on how well Powers and Smith are playing. They may be the best 1-2 guard combo in the mountains.
HDE Wrote:I'm not used to agreeing with Run It Up The Gut this much. I'm a little worried.

Confusednicker:
No one had ever figured that out before. It's so complicated. I can tell right now that you're too smart for the rest of us.
I'll be the guy at the scorers table with a clipboard on Monday if you want to come by and say hello. Maybe you can let me know how you put it all together since the clues were so difficult.
Whitley will go as for as Powers takes them.
insideinfo Wrote:Whitley will go as for as Powers takes them.
I have to agree with you....that she is the better guard of the two and has been messed over for years because of Whitley Politics, but now is her time to shine...:pondering:
Nice little cover in the times tribune preview of the girls today. Not up on the site yet however.
HDE Wrote:I think it's the closest it has been in a while with four or five teams in the mix, but I don't think the region is very strong. I doubt anyone would be in the top 30 or 40 in the state.

Bell County 55 #12 Perry Central 51
#17 Clay County 83 #24 Scott County 70

*Scott County defeated #3 Dunbar Friday night

Looks like the 13th might be a little stronger than some of us thought.
^
It is.