Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rondo to enter NBA Draft...
airball3 Wrote:I believe this is a bad move on Rando's part. 40% from the stripe, and he dont even have a jump shot.

The only thing missing from Rondo's game is a jump shot...With his atleticism, quickness, long arms, and good defense, someone will draft him and coach him on his shot...
Rondo makes alot of poor decisions to and only plays when he feels like it. Yeah he may get drafted but he doesn't play everyday and doesn't play with any heart what so ever. I don't think UK will miss him much if any next year.
UKGIRL20 Wrote:Rondo makes alot of poor decisions to and only plays when he feels like it. Yeah he may get drafted but he doesn't play everyday and doesn't play with any heart what so ever. I don't think UK will miss him much if any next year.

IMO, part of Rondo "playing when he feels like it" has to do with the fact that he doesn't really want to be at UK anymore...You could tell that just by watching him...His attitude from Year 1 at UK to Year 2 was dramatically different, as was his play.
I agree Deuceville but I believe the team will be better without him I know he is an amazing athlete but he was far from a team player and I think he was jealous of Morris's comeback, and it showed on the floor.
UKGIRL20 Wrote:I agree Deuceville but I believe the team will be better without him I know he is an amazing athlete but he was far from a team player and I think he was jealous of Morris's comeback, and it showed on the floor.

I also agree that Rondo was part of UK's floor chemistry...As point guard, you should get along with all your team mates, and dish the ball when situations aren't the greatest for you to score...He didn't do that.
Think Rondo will do fine in the NBA and I wish him the best of luck. At the same time, I think his departure will help our team chemistry and make us a better club. I am excited bout Jasper and Meeks.
I'm sorry, just dont see it. Rondo will be back in Lexington in a year or so trying to sell insurance or advertising. Him leaving is a very positive thing for the UK program.
I like Rajon personally, and will hate to see him go. I don't think he will be a major person in the NBA though. You guys talk about his defensive skills and stuff, but this is the NBA. This is where no defense is supposed to be played. I know they won't scout him for that reason. They sure won't scout him for his jumpshot so I don't know what they will be looking for with him. But good luck to him anyways.
BCF4L Wrote:I like Rajon personally, and will hate to see him go. I don't think he will be a major person in the NBA though. You guys talk about his defensive skills and stuff, but this is the NBA. This is where no defense is supposed to be played. I know they won't scout him for that reason. They sure won't scout him for his jumpshot so I don't know what they will be looking for with him. But good luck to him anyways.

NBA is a lot of driving and dishing and stuff, but you do need at least some sort of jumper to be effective
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Defense is good.. and in the NBA if you can play defense then good.. But the question is, will you play defense.. I hate the NBA because there is no real want to play.. most guys are there just for a check.. So with someone getting rondo, if they can keep him playing good on D then he will be ok.. Because seems like no one else really wants to play it.
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
BCF4L Wrote:I like Rajon personally, and will hate to see him go. I don't think he will be a major person in the NBA though. You guys talk about his defensive skills and stuff, but this is the NBA. This is where no defense is supposed to be played. I know they won't scout him for that reason. They sure won't scout him for his jumpshot so I don't know what they will be looking for with him. But good luck to him anyways.

I disagree. IN the playoffs you HAVE to have a shut down defender to stop the other teams best player. Tayshaun Prince has been that for Detroit, Bruce Bowen for San Antonio, Ron Artest is great defender who can shut anyone down. you HAVE to have those guys if you expect to win championships.