Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rondo to enter NBA Draft...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
UK point guard Rajon Rondo announced Tuesday afternoon that he's going to enter the National Basketball Association draft.

At a news conference on campus, Rondo said he has decided to hire an agent but has not yet signed a deal. He says he does not plan to return to UK for his junior season.

This season Rondo became the first UK player since Cotton Nash in 1962-63 to lead the Wildcats in assists and rebounds. He also led UK in steals with 69 and eary in the season led the team in scoring, but finished second in that category at 11.2 points per game.

Hear from Rondo about his decision to enter the draft tonight on 27 NEWSFIRST @ Five.

No surprise here, best of luck to Rondo...You can't blame the guy for looking out for himself....

Source: WKYT.com
Well, I think maybe this will help the team ! Kentucky is getting two good PG's that can shoot the ball. We could've been a Top 10 team all season last year if RR could shoot the ball good.
Yeah, I'm not too heartbroken over it myself because I think his attitude killed the team..Can't wait to see the new guys come in with good attitudes and help the team
Talk about attitude...here are some quotes from the Kentucky Kernel...he sounds full of himself.

"I am confident with the feedback I've received about by draft status," Rondo said in a news conference at Memorial Coliseum. "I believe I can compete for a strong position in the first round. I am not afraid to do what it takes to become a top guard in the NBA."

"I definitely want to be 100 percent in what I'm doing," he said, noting that he hopes his decision to get an agent will help his draft status. "Some people say I should test the waters (by not hiring an agent), but I'm very confident that I'll impress the scouts."
Phoenix Wrote:Talk about attitude...here are some quotes from the Kentucky Kernel...he sounds full of himself.

"I am confident with the feedback I've received about by draft status," Rondo said in a news conference at Memorial Coliseum. "I believe I can compete for a strong position in the first round. I am not afraid to do what it takes to become a top guard in the NBA."

"I definitely want to be 100 percent in what I'm doing," he said, noting that he hopes his decision to get an agent will help his draft status. "Some people say I should test the waters (by not hiring an agent), but I'm very confident that I'll impress the scouts."

I don't think he's full of himself in those comments, but rather confident in his ability to do good in the NBA...
I think he is messing up BIG TIME he cannot shoot worth anything...........But I hope he does good in the NBA
He made the decision that he felt was best for him and his family and I respect that and hope he has a great career in the NBA. Were going to miss you Rajon!
Good luck to Rajon. I think he is very confident in his ability as ball player and that will ultimately help him in the NBA. He will be very succesfull in the NBA throughout his career.
First off....OUCH!!!

Phoenix Wrote:I am not afraid to do what it takes to become a top guard in the NBA."
So is he saying that he already doesn't have what it takes? Wouln't that mean that he should stay another season?
I respect his decision and wish him luck in the NBA
well i hope he gets drafted... peace.
We'll if he makes it to the NBA he will certainly fit right in with the rest of the ME players.
Rondo will be a fine NBA player. Remember, Jason Kidd could not shoot coming out of college either. You can teach someone to shoot, its the intangibles that rondo brings to the table that will allow him to be succesfull.
corndog23 Wrote:Rondo will be a fine NBA player. Remember, Jason Kidd could not shoot coming out of college either. You can teach someone to shoot, its the intangibles that rondo brings to the table that will allow him to be succesfull.
He is a very good defender and can penitrate, In the NBA you face man to man defense and like said above Jason Kidd couldnt shoot either. Rondo can break down a defense and dish he will eventually have a jump shot and he will be a better NBA player than a college player.
he is the next sebastion telfair.......he cant shoot
He is definately a me player and that hurt Kentucky so I'm not heartbroken over his decision to leave.
Its to bad kentucky is losing such a fine player and he will make a very good NBA player.
If he would've stayed for his Senior seson he would've been maybe a player of the year. But in a couple of years him leaving will catch back up with Kentucky.
Glad he is gone, he was a cancer for the team for MANY reasons. PEACE Rajon!!!!
football05 Wrote:I think he is messing up BIG TIME he cannot shoot worth anything...........But I hope he does good in the NBA

i agree
Sad .. Rondo was my favorite player... but I don't blame him for going... I think he is good enough to make it in the NBA
Good riddance. he wasn't a team player. I got tired of watching him dribble all over the perimeter.
Big mistmake for Rondo imo.
ooh-rah Wrote:Big mistmake for Rondo imo.

Mine too, just like everyone said- he can't shoot from the outside
You all are missing the point, and that is you dont have to be a great shooter to make it int he NBA...Plus with his potential he will be drafted in the 1st round, and the fact that he can play defense, rebound, pass, and penetrate to the basket makes him well worth the pick
No big loss, I don't think,his attitude has alienated players and coaches all season. He was listening way too much to his old high school coach. I think you'll see a totally different team next year with him gone.
darth807 Wrote:No big loss, I don't think,his attitude has alienated players and coaches all season. He was listening way too much to his old high school coach. I think you'll see a totally different team next year with him gone.

:thumpsup:
I agree Darth.

If Buike couldn't make it to the NBA I really wonder how MR. Hot Shot will do?
CatDawg Wrote:I agree Darth.

If Buike couldn't make it to the NBA I really wonder how MR. Hot Shot will do?

I think the difference is that Rondo is more athletic than Buike...Im sure many will disagree with that, but Buike just wasnt big enough to play a 3/4, and didn't have a shot good enough to play a 2...JMO.
I believe this is a bad move on Rando's part. 40% from the stripe, and he dont even have a jump shot.
Pages: 1 2