Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Co. Black Bears
wildone89 Wrote:A scrimmage and game are 2 different beasts. Bell always lines up, rotates different people for depth, runs on average about 3 plays and defensively works on their weaknesses. They always look average for a reason. Cumberland always played with them and even beat them a few times in the past. If you want the full effect, play them in a real game. They don't win championships by chance!

nobody ever said we could beat Bell or HC but we did score on there starting defense and was able to pass the ball well against them considering the size difference. we were competitive in that scrimmage and Bell played a lot worse teams in the regular season. we would be competitive against HC too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
That is the one and only reason I'd like to see it really played just one time- to put an end to that type of talk.
Backwoods Wrote:nobody ever said we could beat Bell or HC but we did score on there starting defense and was able to pass the ball well against them considering the size difference. we were competitive in that scrimmage and Bell played a lot worse teams in the regular season. we would be competitive against HC too.

Well thanks for showing me the light? I thought if you had been playing a real game that night you would of never got a pass off. I assumed that bell would have been to strong up front for you all to compete with on both sides of the ball. I was thinking that the score would of been as bad as they wanted it to be?
I guess now I know the rest of the story! Man, they must grow that stuff strong in the backwoods if you actually think you could compete with either one.
wildone89 Wrote:Well thanks for showing me the light? I thought if you had been playing a real game that night you would of never got a pass off. I assumed that bell would have been to strong up front for you all to compete with on both sides of the ball. I was thinking that the score would of been as bad as they wanted it to be?
I guess now I know the rest of the story! Man, they must grow that stuff strong in the backwoods if you actually think you could compete with either one.

First of all you keep putting HC on the same level as Bell and if I'm correct last season was the closest that HC has came by a long shot to them and lost by 11 and aren't they 3A. Like I said,nobody ever said we'd even come close to beating either team. Davenport scored everytime he had the ball against us. Just like it would be with HC their line was to big and they had to much depth. We dressed 30 players in the gridorama. Bell had twice that and HC does too. But if Lee Va. can step on the field with HC,then Harlan could and could possibly score a td. That is not outside the realm of possibility. Now I know that this is going to be Bell's best year in awhile and next year,when HC's large group of junior's are senior's, will be HC's best chance to get a win against them and I hope it happens cause I pull for HC every chance I get. But HC ain't there yet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HC was better than Bell last year....believe that! The Harris crew got their redemption and everyone that is anyone knows what for. We may or may not beat you this year or next...but rest well knowing you stole the last one guys...at your place. Congrats for being pulled out of the fire! You guys really want to get into this? I think not....I've held my tongue on this about all I can...
Bear_Paw Wrote:HC was better than Bell last year....believe that! The Harris crew got their redemption and everyone that is anyone knows what for. We may or may not beat you this year or next...but rest well knowing you stole the last one guys...at your place. Congrats for being pulled out of the fire! You guys really want to get into this? I think not....I've held my tongue on this about all I can...

lol its okay bro, don't get too worked up over there..Confusednicker:
Bear_Paw Wrote:HC was better than Bell last year....believe that! The Harris crew got their redemption and everyone that is anyone knows what for. We may or may not beat you this year or next...but rest well knowing you stole the last one guys...at your place. Congrats for being pulled out of the fire! You guys really want to get into this? I think not....I've held my tongue on this about all I can...

Do you have to start that crap up again. Watch the game film you will see.:please:
Google Harlan County High School hudl page to see the kid's highlights from the game.
There was a penalty on the play referred to, a facemask penalty.
Amped 88 Wrote:Do you have to start that crap up again. Watch the game film you will see.:please:

Look dude....until now no one has spelled it out. Here is comes....Brian Harris dismissed from HC School district for reasons I'm sure certain people would rather keep hid (Haris Family). Him, his family, or anyone attached never, never should be involved in officiating a game HC is involved in. Period! Now it's finally out there...do your research and reply. Look at the tape with that in mind and watch the whole game....Year after year Bell has been better....last year HC was as good and got a pathetic officiating draw....Review the facts ans draw your own conclusions.
Backwoods Wrote:First of all you keep putting HC on the same level as Bell and if I'm correct last season was the closest that HC has came by a long shot to them and lost by 11 and aren't they 3A. Like I said,nobody ever said we'd even come close to beating either team. Davenport scored everytime he had the ball against us. Just like it would be with HC their line was to big and they had to much depth. We dressed 30 players in the gridorama. Bell had twice that and HC does too. But if Lee Va. can step on the field with HC,then Harlan could and could possibly score a td. That is not outside the realm of possibility. Now I know that this is going to be Bell's best year in awhile and next year,when HC's large group of junior's are senior's, will be HC's best chance to get a win against them and I hope it happens cause I pull for HC every chance I get. But HC ain't there yet.

Maybe you are correct with your 1st sentence, even though HC was the better team last year IMHO we still did not win period! However, great football programs are great football programs regardless of class. Don't use the crutch of single a or 3a or whatever. Good football is good football regardless of class. Beechwood doesn't say we are single a when they compete with cov cath. Hazard doesn't use that crutch when they play up against better competition. Mayfield is the same way because they all have good programs. Only the schools who play for 1 good season every 10 years use that excuse about class. Don't pretend to be something your not- it's like scoring a TD, act like you have been there before big guy.
Why is it that people from Harlan county, (both city and county backers) can't seem to be able to offer the other team a kind word or a comment that isn't a backhanded slap to the opposite side? I am talking about the adults that spend time on sites like BGR not the kids that you see running around together or working out together, they seem to co-exist just fine without having to feel the need to bash one another. Makes you wonder why the rest of the state never takes our area serious in any subject.
Mountain pride 10 Wrote:Why is it that people from Harlan county, (both city and county backers) can't seem to be able to offer the other team a kind word or a comment that isn't a backhanded slap to the opposite side? I am talking about the adults that spend time on sites like BGR not the kids that you see running around together or working out together, they seem to co-exist just fine without having to feel the need to bash one another. Makes you wonder why the rest of the state never takes our area serious in any subject.

Why? Because that is just the way it is and is suppose to be mountain Pride! Do you think Bell/ Middlesboro or Hazard/Perry Central are any different? Most are probably as bad or worse than ours. The problem I have is with the adults that try and play both sides! The lines were drawn many years ago. Pick a side and don"t go down without a fight! It is just better that way? lol
I was having a bad day. This thread made me smile and chuckle. I love football season!!! Go bears!!
wildone89 Wrote:Why? Because that is just the way it is and is suppose to be mountain Pride! Do you think Bell/ Middlesboro or Hazard/Perry Central are any different? Most are probably as bad or worse than ours. The problem I have is with the adults that try and play both sides! The lines were drawn many years ago. Pick a side and don"t go down without a fight! It is just better that way? lol

Ok no more diplomat for me just trying to build a bridge just can't any concrete to complete the job. Lol
Mama Bear Wrote:I was having a bad day. This thread made me smile and chuckle. I love football season!!! Go bears!!

Hahahahah made you laugh.

This sounds like a Middlesboro fan trying to weigh the facts each season how they should have won and will this season. Funny thing is, they always lose.

To be honest Bell Co IMO will be a better rounded team this season than last. We have Great athletes on both sides of the ball and more experienced this season than last.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:This sounds like a Middlesboro fan trying to weigh the facts each season how they should have won and will this season. Funny thing is, they always lose.

To be honest Bell Co IMO will be a better rounded team this season than last. We have Great athletes on both sides of the ball and more experienced this season than last.

You will miss Davenport, Its impossible not to!
Mountain pride 10 Wrote:Why is it that people from Harlan county, (both city and county backers) can't seem to be able to offer the other team a kind word or a comment that isn't a backhanded slap to the opposite side? I am talking about the adults that spend time on sites like BGR not the kids that you see running around together or working out together, they seem to co-exist just fine without having to feel the need to bash one another. Makes you wonder why the rest of the state never takes our area serious in any subject.

same reason pulaski and southwestern and somerset cant, they all hate each other due to pride and personal conflicts. that is how it is supposed to be. do you think st x and trinity get along?
West 80 Wrote:same reason pulaski and southwestern and somerset cant, they all hate each other due to pride and personal conflicts. that is how it is supposed to be. do you think st x and trinity get along?

See, I knew it! ST. X and Trinity has the same hate we do about each other down in these hills!
If you love your school enough, you always hate the rest!
Just looking to see if anyone was able to make it to the North Laurel and Harlan County scrimmage this past thursday 7/12/12??? Lot of pad popping and great scrimmage action from what I saw.

Anyone else able to watch??
wildone89 Wrote:I am guessing a big loss from a Harlan county team?

Yep, Cawood 1985.
1987, too.
HDE Wrote:Yep, Cawood 1985.
1987, too.

Cawood didn't beat Bell High in 87 and the school opened up in 84. I thought you would be on top of things HDE.
Patriot Wrote:You will miss Davenport, Its impossible not to!

We def will, but Polly is another great RB.
Polly is very good. Collett is good also.
Polly & Collett is good, but I think HC having Middleton at tb , and Tucker Lewis at fb will be a better backfield.
Amped 88 Wrote:Cawood didn't beat Bell High in 87 and the school opened up in 84. I thought you would be on top of things HDE.

My bad - Class of 85.
August of 84 and 86
northlaurelfan Wrote:Just looking to see if anyone was able to make it to the North Laurel and Harlan County scrimmage this past thursday 7/12/12??? Lot of pad popping and great scrimmage action from what I saw.

Anyone else able to watch??
I hate to tell you this but we did see your thread about this and you were exposed. Sorry but your plan did not work. LOL!!!
Besides bell, who will be the hardest game for Harlan county