Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Co. Black Bears
Da Bears are officially out of the caves. Can anyone give us a rundown on the pre-season scrimmages? The what, when, where etc. Is the new field going to be ready for the season opener? What a magnificient facility! Its going to be awsome!!!!Confusedinglepar
Went to check out the field and the progress this morning. Men working like crazy and it seems that the visitors side is all but complete? They were working on both ends of the home side expansion of the bleachers. Men working on the building behind the home side! Scoreboard and jumbotron in check and looks amazing. The field looks as though it is ready for the turf when the time comes. Play clocks look really good and things are starting to shape up. When the baseball fields were complete, I figured they would have a hard time making the football complex as nice but it looks as though they will go hand and hand. The big thing that sticks out about the football stadium is that the place is going to be HUGE!!!!!!
wildone89 Wrote:Went to check out the field and the progress this morning. Men working like crazy and it seems that the visitors side is all but complete? They were working on both ends of the home side expansion of the bleachers. Men working on the building behind the home side! Scoreboard and jumbotron in check and looks amazing. The field looks as though it is ready for the turf when the time comes. Play clocks look really good and things are starting to shape up. When the baseball fields were complete, I figured they would have a hard time making the football complex as nice but it looks as though they will go hand and hand. The big thing that sticks out about the football stadium is that the place is going to be HUGE!!!!!!

Don't count on watching any games on it this year.
The Bears will be loaded again this year. I look for them to be a top 5 team next year in 5A. Good Luck Black Bears!!!!
Really Yogi? Not this year at all?
Yogibear Wrote:Don't count on watching any games on it this year.

Nothing like a positive attitude!
I thought they were for sure gonna have it done this year?
[quote=wildone89]Nothing like a positive attitude![/QUOTE

Not trying to be negative at all. I'd love to see it done right now. Just stating an opinion. I just know the turf is not down and not going down soon. I know that there is still tons of ground work alone to be done.
I would love to see a game there when it is done. Sounds good1
Nothing good ever happens quickly.
It sure is pretty though...just wish it had been back from the river a little bit. I remember those games at Lynch's field years ago; it was like camping out in Alaska.
Its always best to take your time and make sure everything is done correct the first time around. Field and Stadium is going to be awesome!

Wish Bell Co had something that looked like this.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Its always best to take your time and make sure everything is done correct the first time around. Field and Stadium is going to be awesome!

Wish Bell Co had something that looked like this.

Me too.
good luck to the Bears this year. they will be tough as usual
I talked to a guy that works for the electrical company yesterday. They are cautiously optimistic that the field will be ready at some point this season. Maybe not for the opener, but he said "realistically that the Bell game is a possibility". They have been hampered by the rain recently. I know they are working like crazy to try to have it ready.:1:
cant wait to see it
Daddycat27 Wrote:I talked to a guy that works for the electrical company yesterday. They are cautiously optimistic that the field will be ready at some point this season. Maybe not for the opener, but he said "realistically that the Bell game is a possibility". They have been hampered by the rain recently. I know they are working like crazy to try to have it ready.:1:

10-4- I know they are working hard but everyone is just excited to see the final product. To me its like money in the bank, a big surprise you know you have but are just waiting for it to get here! When complete Harlan county will not only have the best school, gym and baseball complex but also the best football stadium. A lot of hard work by a number of people is finally becoming a reality!
Daddycat27 Wrote:I talked to a guy that works for the electrical company yesterday. They are cautiously optimistic that the field will be ready at some point this season. Maybe not for the opener, but he said "realistically that the Bell game is a possibility". They have been hampered by the rain recently. I know they are working like crazy to try to have it ready.:1:

The first game at the new stadium will not be against bell.
I know Harlan County doesnt want a loss in the first game there...Confusednicker:
:truestory:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The first game at the new stadium will not be against bell.
I know Harlan County doesnt want a loss in the first game there...Confusednicker:

:truestory:

I agree won't be that game. If it is that late it will be first round of playoffs.

I am not trying to be a negative Joe either, but the Rain has hampered them in getting things done? What rain we have not had any rain in two months or more other than the last 2 days, so whatever the delays are the weather is not one of them it has been perfect to do construction work, now if you said the extreme heat had caused delays then I can buy that one. To add to many on here this complex is going to be the envy of most any school in the state when its finally done, but most great things take time and mostly money so when its ready its ready.:Cheerlead
All Larkey teams are tough each year without a doubt.

Any ideas on what happened at Bell's first home game?
So what's this stadium gonna look like? Y'all should come up and see the CAM. I'd like to see Harlan County's cause from what I've read it'll be nice, everyone is excited.

Good way to see each others fields is a home & home... good competition. Somebody get a contract ready!
HDE Wrote:Any ideas on what happened at Bell's first home game?

I am guessing a big loss from a Harlan county team?
Belfry0304 Wrote:So what's this stadium gonna look like? Y'all should come up and see the CAM. I'd like to see Harlan County's cause from what I've read it'll be nice, everyone is excited.

Good way to see each others fields is a home & home... good competition. Somebody get a contract ready!

I would love to see a home and home contract between the two of us! That would be a big boy football game for us since you guys are always at the top of mountain football and among the best in the state! As hard as it is making a schedule, I could see this happening in the next few years!

I have only seen the CAM twice and it's as nice as they come. The only difference is I remember correctly would be you could probably put two cam's down inside the MINER's MEMORIAL STADIUM @ Harlan county.

Confusedticktong
wildone89 Wrote:I would love to see a home and home contract between the two of us! That would be a big boy football game for us since you guys are always at the top of mountain football and among the best in the state! As hard as it is making a schedule, I could see this happening in the next few years!

I have only seen the CAM twice and it's as nice as they come. The only difference is I remember correctly would be you could probably put two cam's down inside the MINER's MEMORIAL STADIUM @ Harlan county.

How many fans usually attend a Bears game? Will they fill the stadium up? It didn't seem like they brought a very big crowd to Somerset the last 3 seasons for a regular season game and two Correll Bowl games.
Norm Peterson Wrote:How many fans usually attend a Bears game? Will they fill the stadium up? It didn't seem like they brought a very big crowd to Somerset the last 3 seasons for a regular season game and two Correll Bowl games.

I know they usually have about 5 thousand for the Bell Co. game but not hardly that many for other regular season games. I'm sure they would have nearly that for a playoff game. If Harlan Ind. would decide to play them I would think that game would fill it. I don't know why,really,we play Bell Co. in the Gridarama and a game with HC would be similar. Maybe it will happen some day. It would help HHS financially in thier home years. Just that HHS doesn't have the facilities to hold that kind of crowd.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Backwoods Wrote:I know they usually have about 5 thousand for the Bell Co. game but not hardly that many for other regular season games. I'm sure they would have nearly that for a playoff game. If Harlan Ind. would decide to play them I would think that game would fill it. I don't know why,really,we play Bell Co. in the Gridarama and a game with HC would be similar. Maybe it will happen some day. It would help HHS financially in thier home years. Just that HHS doesn't have the facilities to hold that kind of crowd.

In my honest opinion, the game would have no benefit whatsoever except for every other year, it would help Harlan's finances tremendously. No other purpose in playing the game. Not that HC doesn't need the money also, but class A schools usually don't have tremendous gates very often.
Backwoods Wrote:I know they usually have about 5 thousand for the Bell Co. game but not hardly that many for other regular season games. I'm sure they would have nearly that for a playoff game. If Harlan Ind. would decide to play them I would think that game would fill it. I don't know why,really,we play Bell Co. in the Gridarama and a game with HC would be similar. Maybe it will happen some day. It would help HHS financially in thier home years. Just that HHS doesn't have the facilities to hold that kind of crowd.

A scrimmage and game are 2 different beasts. Bell always lines up, rotates different people for depth, runs on average about 3 plays and defensively works on their weaknesses. They always look average for a reason. Cumberland always played with them and even beat them a few times in the past. If you want the full effect, play them in a real game. They don't win championships by chance!