Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nash to join Lakers in a sign and trade
I wont argue with any of the "old" comments, Nash is a poor defender, or Kobe dominates the ball. All are legit arguments. But to think these guys wont play well together seems ridiculous to me. They are 2 of the smartest players in the game. To think they cant adjust is just crazy. If Kobe didnt think he could play with a good pg, he wouldnt have called him. Plain and simple. Two former MVP's, they will be just fine. To say Kobe cant play with a pg who has the ball in his hands is crazy too IMO, cause we dont simply know. He has never had the chance.
K_Mac Wrote:I wont argue with any of the "old" comments, Nash is a poor defender, or Kobe dominates the ball. All are legit arguments. But to think these guys wont play well together seems ridiculous to me. They are 2 of the smartest players in the game. To think they cant adjust is just crazy. If Kobe didnt think he could play with a good pg, he wouldnt have called him. Plain and simple. Two former MVP's, they will be just fine. To say Kobe cant play with a pg who has the ball in his hands is crazy too IMO, cause we dont simply know. He has never had the chance.

Oh, so now it's "they are two of the smartest players in the league" argument. I was waiting for this Wink The same has been said about Pau. Pau has been considered "Smart", may the smartest of the quasi fours. Yet, there was certainly communication and "give me the damn ball" issues with Kobe and Pau. So, I guess as long as Nash is "Smart" enough to say Kobe, the ball is yours, and I will give it to you are half-court, then you are right, they can make it work......:igiveup:
Stardust Wrote:Oh, so now it's "they are two of the smartest players in the league" argument. I was waiting for this Wink The same has been said about Pau. Pau has been considered "Smart", may the smartest of the quasi fours. Yet, there was certainly communication and "give me the damn ball" issues with Kobe and Pau. So, I guess as long as Nash is "Smart" enough to say Kobe, the ball is yours, and I will give it to you are half-court, then you are right, they can make it work......:igiveup:

HA. Exactly SD. Give Kobe the Ball and get the hell out of his way when he wants it. Glad you understand Wink
Stardust Wrote:Oh, so now it's "they are two of the smartest players in the league" argument. I was waiting for this Wink The same has been said about Pau. Pau has been considered "Smart", may the smartest of the quasi fours. Yet, there was certainly communication and "give me the damn ball" issues with Kobe and Pau. So, I guess as long as Nash is "Smart" enough to say Kobe, the ball is yours, and I will give it to you are half-court, then you are right, they can make it work......:igiveup:

And btw, you cant find one post where I EVER called Pau smart or one of the smartest in the game. The guy is ugly and I would have already traded him for Josh Smith lol. I could play tougher then Pau has the last couple of seasons.
K_Mac Wrote:HA. Exactly SD. Give Kobe the Ball and get the hell out of his way when he wants it. Glad you understand Wink

This is why they haven't got out of the second round the last two years(and only having one win in those rounds). Two of the best big men in the game. USE THEM.
K_Mac Wrote:And btw, you cant find one post where I EVER called Pau smart or one of the smartest in the game. The guy is ugly and I would have already traded him for Josh Smith lol. I could play tougher then Pau has the last couple of seasons.

No, you never have said that Pau is intelligent, but K_Mac, you are not astute enough to see the intelligence that is before your very eyes. It's just like you have not been smart enough to see that I am the foremost intelligent person on this site, and that ALL that I say is the most accurate information known to mankind.....:biglmao:

I was going to make a comment that ugly people like Pau are usually very intelligent, but I of course am the exception to that! I not only have the brains, but the beauty as well.....:hilarious:
KHSAA12 Wrote:This is why they haven't got out of the second round the last two years(and only having one win in those rounds). Two of the best big men in the game. USE THEM.

I guess Kobe was a lot more passive when they won back-to-back championships in the two years prior...
zaga_fan Wrote:I guess Kobe was a lot more passive when they won back-to-back championships in the two years prior...

Never said he was, but im pretty sure we can all agree OKC wasn't the team they are now back then. May have worked when Kobe still had A LOT left in the tank but not now. And Pau wasn't only getting 6-8 shots a game either. Big Men are usually big baby's, if they don't get the touches they feel they need no defense and no rebounds will be the result of that. No way Denver should take L.A to a game seven with what they had last year.
Stardust Wrote:No, you never have said that Pau is intelligent, but K_Mac, you are not astute enough to see the intelligence that is before your very eyes. It's just like you have not been smart enough to see that I am the foremost intelligent person on this site, and that ALL that I say is the most accurate information known to mankind.....:biglmao:

I was going to make a comment that ugly people like Pau are usually very intelligent, but I of course am the exception to that! I not only have the brains, but the beauty as well.....:hilarious:

wowwwwww. :hilarious: Good stuff SD.
If the Lakers are laying waste to the rest of the NBA next season, then Nash will deserve all of the credit. If Nash gets Kobe to play team basketball, then he will be a miracle worker. Like SD said, the reason that the past few Laker point guards have contributed roughly 4 assists per game is that they have been unable to avoid morphing into spectators watching Kobe dribble and force bad shots.

If there is an unselfish basketball player trapped in Kobe's body and Nash can release him, Bryant could have the best season of his career but I just don't see that happening. Kobe helped end Karl Malone's career on a low note and I expect that he will do the same to Nash's career.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If the Lakers are laying waste to the rest of the NBA next season, then Nash will deserve all of the credit. If Nash gets Kobe to play team basketball, then he will be a miracle worker. Like SD said, the reason that the past few Laker point guards have contributed roughly 4 assists per game is that they have been unable to avoid morphing into spectators watching Kobe dribble and force bad shots.

If there is an unselfish basketball player trapped in Kobe's body and Nash can release him, Bryant could have the best season of his career but I just don't see that happening. Kobe helped end Karl Malone's career on a low note and I expect that he will do the same to Nash's career.

The only PG the Lakers have had on their roster since Kobe has been there that was even capable of averaging 4 APG was Gary Payton when he came in the twilight of his career. Ramon Sessions averaged around 6 per when in his short stint in LA.

I see no less than 8 APG from Steve Nash while he is in the Purple and Gold.
Comparable to John Stockton's numbers at that age.
zaga_fan Wrote:The only PG the Lakers have had on their roster since Kobe has been there that was even capable of averaging 4 APG was Gary Payton when he came in the twilight of his career. Ramon Sessions averaged around 6 per when in his short stint in LA.

I see no less than 8 APG from Steve Nash while he is in the Purple and Gold.
Comparable to John Stockton's numbers at that age.

So Kobe is going to give up the ball in order for Nash to get those numbers hung? I guess you are saying that Kobe id going yo completely change hid game to the way it was when Gary Layton was a Lamer? That would mean that Kobe is giving up the #1 option just as was the days that Peyton was feeding Shaq to get those 8 assists
Watching Nash address the media as I type.... Looks very old
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stardust Wrote:So Kobe is going to give up the ball in order for Nash to get those numbers hung? I guess you are saying that Kobe id going yo completely change hid game to the way it was when Gary Layton was a Lamer? That would mean that Kobe is giving up the #1 option just as was the days that Peyton was feeding Shaq to get those 8 assists

If Ramon Sessions can come in and get 6 APG - then Steve Nash can come in and get 8 APG.

I know that you spend too much time fantasizing about Lebron to watch Laker games - but the setup in LA may even put him at 10 APG. I only went down to 8 because of his age.

The Lakers led the league in lobs last year (The Staples Center was home to lob city, but no thanks to the Clippers)
They have a few capable shooters for Nash to kick out to.
Two legitimate big men.
One of the greatest scorers of all time.

Contrary to what you have told yourself in that fantasy-land that you live in.
The Lakers do run set plays for other people on the team other than Kobe Bryant.
There are plays when Kobe doesn't touch the ball.
And Kobe actually passes the ball when he sees an opportunity (Out of all of the shooting guards in the league; Kobe ranks #2 in APG)
Nash will fit in..But, he is getting older
K_Mac Wrote:I wont argue with any of the "old" comments, Nash is a poor defender, or Kobe dominates the ball. All are legit arguments. But to think these guys wont play well together seems ridiculous to me. They are 2 of the smartest players in the game. To think they cant adjust is just crazy. If Kobe didnt think he could play with a good pg, he wouldnt have called him. Plain and simple. Two former MVP's, they will be just fine. To say Kobe cant play with a pg who has the ball in his hands is crazy too IMO, cause we dont simply know. He has never had the chance.

First off, you need a degree from MIT to help you speak English.
Secondly, your name is as washed up as McGrady is. Just quit.
Nash will fit in, but let's be realistic..
Does this make the Lakers a finals contender?
HELL NO! LA might as well picked up Billups as well.. hahaha.. The whole team is just washed up..

Hey Bynum.. "Give me the F"""" ball!"
Source: Lakers are looking to bring in Robert Horry out of retirement. Clients close to the case say its a closed deal.
Ballers Wrote:First off, you need a degree from MIT to help you speak English.Secondly, your name is as washed up as McGrady is. Just quit.

Just for the record, I have 2 degrees and working on a 3rd. Not from MIT obviously, but thats not the point.
K_Mac Wrote:Just for the record, I have 2 degrees and working on a 3rd. Not from MIT obviously, but thats not the point.

Good.
Sounds like you need to stay where ever it is.

Actually, you may want to find a different college that has English 101 or a good typing class maybe?
Good luck to you though!
Ballers Wrote:Good.
Sounds like you need to stay where ever it is.

Actually, you may want to find a different college that has English 101 or a good typing class maybe?
Good luck to you though!

Whatever you say.
I remember when I first joined this site.
K Mac was the biggest Boston homer ever..
Then LA won a NBA title, made Kobe's fifth, and now he won't get off Kobe's sack.
Your just as bad as some of the other band-wagoneers on here!
Ballers Wrote:I remember when I first joined this site.
Then LA won a NBA title, made Kobe's fifth, and now he won't get off Kobe's sack.

You suddenly have some kind of problem with me here man? whats your deal?
Ballers Wrote:I remember when I first joined this site.

I remember when Ballers joined the site.
We all gave a collective...
[YOUTUBE="Wha' Happened?!"]BNyDjkPO8l0[/YOUTUBE]