Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nash to join Lakers in a sign and trade
I love this move.
I'm not a Lakers fan so I lov this move. They give up 4 out of 6 draft picks the next 3 years for a 38 year old. By the time his contract is out they will have only had 2 picks. Looks like they gave away the future for 1 run.
I love nash.

BUT! The lakers need to get some draft picks. There giving up way to much.
Shady Grady Wrote:I'm not a Lakers fan so I lov this move. They give up 4 out of 6 draft picks the next 3 years for a 38 year old. By the time his contract is out they will have only had 2 picks. Looks like they gave away the future for 1 run.

The Lakers are a playoff team year in and year out so all of those picks will be late first round picks. I'll take Steve Nash for that.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I love nash.

BUT! The lakers need to get some draft picks. There giving up way to much.

The Lakers never build their team through the draft. They do it through free agency and trades.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:The Lakers never build their team through the draft. They do it through free agency and trades.

You feel good about a 38 year old point guard??????

This is a stupid move! Plain stupid. Ill argue that today's Lakers were made from their rookies. Though Kobe was not drafted by the Lakers, he is a product of the draft. Bynum is hands down their 2nd best player and he is a product of the draft. But if Laker fans want to hang on to what the Lakers do through trades, well with sacraficing any trade bait of NO draft picks in forever, what does this team have to offer another team to trade for? This was a complete desperation move
If they dont get Howard somehow, this isn't going to help the Lakers that much if any.
Stardust Wrote:You feel good about a 38 year old point guard??????

This is a stupid move! Plain stupid. Ill argue that today's Lakers were made from their rookies. Though Kobe was not drafted by the Lakers, he is a product of the draft. Bynum is hands down their 2nd best player and he is a product of the draft. But if Laker fans want to hang on to what the Lakers do through trades, well with sacraficing any trade bait of NO draft picks in forever, what does this team have to offer another team to trade for? This was a complete desperation move

I just like this move because I feel Nash can get Kobe, Bynum, and Gasol more open looks. I would rather have him starting than Ramon Sessions or Steve Blake.
Nash can't guard me let alone Parker or Westbrook...OKC will still have a field day on offense, but Nash does help the structure of their offense
Crazy Horse Wrote:Nash can't guard me let alone Parker or Westbrook...OKC will still have a field day on offense, but Nash does help the structure of their offense

Nash would lock you down, son
Stardust Wrote:You feel good about a 38 year old point guard??????

If this is a complete desperation move then they have been in desperation mode forever. The Lakers haven't had a first round draft pick in years because of this mentality and they won't change it anytime soon.
Their only pick of the draft this year was the very last.
They also spaced out the picks so they give up two picks next year but only one in the 2014 and 2015.
This is a typical Laker move and I don't see how anyone is surprised.
I'm a Nash fan but I believe this is a very dumb move by the Lakers.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Not a player in the NBA who can guard Rose or Westbrook so who cares if Nash can play defense. Nash is most definitely an upgrade at the pg position. I say again, Sessions or Blake couldn't guard the best pg's in the leaue so who gives a $h** if Nash can't.

Nash would be all over your *** Crazy Horse.
A question that I have is if they didn't go after Nash then who would they have gotten? Was he the best free agent out there?
This will help the Lakers now, but IF they ever get into rebuilding mode, they are gonna be hurting, lol.

How are they fitting Kobe, Bynum, Gasol, Artest and Nash into the salary cap?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
judgementday Wrote:A question that I have is if they didn't go after Nash then who would they have gotten? Was he the best free agent out there?

There are plenty of good PGs...
Deron Williams, Jeremy Lin, and Jason Kidd to name a few.

Also - the Lakers are not done with free agency moves. Mark it down
^How can they not be? Do they have a star with a cheap contract?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good pick up for the Lakers...

We all know that its not the same Steve Nash we all loved 2 or 3 years ago.

But my only problem is that they gave up 4 future draft picks and here shortly the Lakers are going to be rebuilding. Thats what I love about my Spurs they are rebuilding right now with their draft picks while their stars are aging. But you know the Laker way, BUY and STEAL from other teams.

Artest - Back side of career
Pau - Back side of career
Nash - Back side of career
Kobe - Still very good but slowly on the downslope

I think I would like to have those draft picks, Nash only 1 or 2 more years anyways, and still don't make Lakers good enough to beat Thunder or Heat or maybe even Spurs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
this could be a good pick for the lakers or a bad pick up i mean the up side is that nash is a better player off the pick and roll to spot his players open i mean if the guy can communicate with Amare Stoudemire it will take a lil time for him to work with Bynum , gasol and Bryant but give him time to adjust to his team and who know he could actually fit in great with the lakers
^ I'm not sure, but is that what you mean?
DukeFan4life Wrote:this could be a good pick for the lakers or a bad pick up i mean the up side is that nash is a better player off the pick and roll to spot his players open i mean if the guy can communicate with Amare Stoudemire it will take a lil time for him to work with Bynum , gasol and Bryant but give him time to adjust to his team and who know he could actually fit in great with the lakers

ah boys...
Lakers have a bigger salary cap then most teams is why they can afford these players, but with the new lux tax rules if Lakers don't make cap room they will be in trouble
On the plus side, Nash brings some very solid shooting, playmaking and leadership to the Lakers. But also one has to wonder how he and Kobe will play together. Both need to have the ball a lot in order to perform the way that they do, one will have to sacrifice for the other to be more comfortable, I am betting that Nash is already thinking of how he can make Kobe happy and be at his best as well. LA rolled the dice on this one, if it don't pay off quick, as in this coming season, gonna be a lot of restless fans for sure.
^ My point exactly, how can anyone expect Nash to be successful? Steve Nash comes in and can help Pau and Bynum get better, but he has no chance of doing that! All this thread spoke to was how Nash has to be better than last years Point Guards who only produced four assists per game. Well guys, there is a reason why those PG only produced 4 assists per game, and that was KOBE! Kobe starts the offense by demanding the ball as soon as it crosses half court! How can anyone think this is going to change????? Does anyone in their right mind believe that Kobe is going to change his mantra of having the ball in his hands 60% of the time to anything less than that? Point Guards have NEVER been point guards on a Kobe team. Now, the Lakers get one of the best passing point guards in the history of the game, and it's expected to work? No chance. I stick to my original comment, this is a stupid move by the Lakers!

The Lakers offense is centered around Kobe having the ball in his hands, and even though I'm no Kobe fan, I recognize that the Lakers success is centered around Kobe starting the offense! Nope, it's not going to work by putting a true point guard, one whose history is that the ball is in his hands 80% of the time, to work with the star of the team who needs it 60% of the time.
I love this move especially with the recent history of the Lakers draft. It's almost like they are getting him for nothing.
I actually think this is a good move for the Lakers..
They have been looking for a good point guard, well now you have one.

I honestly think they will end up like the Spurs though.
"And in the starting line up for the San Antonio Spurs, here comes Tim Dumbcan in his wheelchair"

"And the starting point guard for the L.A. Lakers in his wheelchair - Steve Nash"..

In all honesty I think this is a good move, even though I hate the Lakers.
I love it.
I didnt think the Lakers was this stupid, but i always had a feeling they were.

Lets say nash tears something early in his first season and retires, then they have nothing.
BUT, they pretty much have nothing anyways, Nash was not worth that much.

Good job Lakers.
Can't wait to quote a bunch of these posts from you idiots when the Lakers are laying waste to the league next year.