Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Question
Stardust Wrote:^ What the hell does that have to do with the expectations on Melo??? Melo was brought in for one reason and one reason only! That was to win championships in New York. Every prognosticator, social media pundent, and bum on the street expected that Melo, widely considered the 3rd best player in the league a few years back, was headed to NYC to win and win NOW. But this guy has never proven to be able to lead his NBA teams past the first round. If he doesn't in NYC, he will be considered a BUST!!! And that, is what this thread is about Wink

I dunno, Dusty.
The only reason I mentioned it is because you said they expect a title year-in year-out in NYC.
I'm not going to apologize for taking the conversation further on the path you started going down in the first place.

All I'm saying is that if everyone touts you as the 3rd best for so long and you never get out of the first round - eventually the expectations for you leave because now you have a new expectation - failure.

The same goes for NYC. If you haven't won a title since 1973 there is no way that the general NY fans think to themselves "Yep, we're going to win it again this year because we're NYC and all we do is win."

Melo was brought to the Knicks for the same reason any team makes a trade; to make the team better. All teams have the same goal in the NBA - to win a ring. But not everyone has championship expectations. NY is definitely a team without championship expectations regularly.