Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Next Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For years the NBA has put question marks on their Superstars. All NBA greats has had the NBA Title pressure question put on them.

Would Michael Jordan win a title? YES

Would Patrick Ewing win a title? NO

Would Melone/Stockton win a title? NO

Would David Robinson win a title? YES

Would Shaq win a title? YES

Would Allen Iverson win a title? NO

Could Kobe win a title without Shaq? YES

Would the Boston Big "3" win a title? YES

Would Dirk win a title? YES

Would Lebron win a title? YES

Everyone of those players are on the top 50 all-time list.

NEXT QUESTION...... Where does all the title pressure go now?

Will Melo win a title?

-or-

Will D. Rose win a title?

-or-

Will KD win a title?

-or-

Will Chris Paul win a title?

-or-

Will Deron Williams win a title?

Who's on the hot seat now?
It goes to KD without a doubt
zaga_fan Wrote:It goes to KD without a doubt

I'm thinking Melo for a few years then KD...

I'm saying Melo gets the pressure for the next 2 or 3 years then if KD don't have one by then it will more to him.
ekff Wrote:I'm thinking Melo for a few years then KD...

I'm saying Melo gets the pressure for the next 2 or 3 years then if KD don't have one by then it will more to him.

I think sucking it up in the finals puts the pressure on KD
zaga_fan Wrote:I think sucking it up in the finals puts the pressure on KD

Yeah maybe... Melo kinda has that T-Mac pressure, you know "get out of the 1st round!"
Kevin Durant because of his performance in the finals.
How can it not be Melon? Seriously, this is a guy who has lost 8, let me spell that EIGHT 1st round playoff Series, yet he's considered a superstars? This is not even close! If Melon does not reach a finals, much less win it, he will be considered the biggest bust in the history of the game!
ekff Wrote:Yeah maybe... Melo kinda has that T-Mac pressure, you know "get out of the 1st round!"
Why we gotta bring T-Mac in this? lol
Stardust Wrote:How can it not be Melon? Seriously, this is a guy who has lost 8, let me spell that EIGHT 1st round playoff Series, yet he's considered a superstars? This is not even close! If Melon does not reach a finals, much less win it, he will be considered the biggest bust in the history of the game!

completely over exaggerated good sir. A bust, sure, but lets not get carried away.
ekff Wrote:I'm thinking Melo for a few years then KD...

Agreed. KD gets a break because so many people give him a break because of Westbrook playing hero-ball. Also, Carmelo has been so bad in the playoffs that it will now be pointed out.
No, Stardust, No.
I don't think Melo has any pressure on him anymore...
I think he's underachieved to the point that people just don't expect a title from him.

With Lebron - he is called "The King", he was the #1 Draft Pick, he promised multiple championships, he was in the Finals twice - the pressure was inevitable.

What is Carmelo Anthony's nickname? Melo
Where was he drafted? Third - AFTER Lebron and Darko
Has he promised a ring? no
Ever been to the finals? no

Melo is about making money and scoring points - that's all he cares about and all anyone expects from him at this point.
^That's fair. I remember when he came out though, people expected all-time greatness. The pressure HAS BEEN off, maybe it will come back on now.

I honestly believe that NOW Melo is behind Lebron, Bosh AND Wade in that draft. At the time he was a clear-cut #2.
LWC Wrote:^That's fair. I remember when he came out though, people expected all-time greatness. The pressure HAS BEEN off, maybe it will come back on now.

I honestly believe that NOW Melo is behind Lebron, Bosh AND Wade in that draft. At the time he was a clear-cut #2.

I think he's been behind Wade for a long time.
Wade made the first playoff push and won the first title.
Melo has said that his time is coming.
To be honest, i see nothing good from Melo.
I dont like his game and i do not think hes a good player, or "superstar" anyways.
What about Rose? Only a year ago people were saying he's a top 5 player.

Or what about CP3? He's been crowned the best PG in the league and now has some ok talent around him.
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't think Melo has any pressure on him anymore...
I think he's underachieved to the point that people just don't expect a title from him.

With Lebron - he is called "The King", he was the #1 Draft Pick, he promised multiple championships, he was in the Finals twice - the pressure was inevitable.

What is Carmelo Anthony's nickname? Melo
Where was he drafted? Third - AFTER Lebron and Darko
Has he promised a ring? no
Ever been to the finals? no

Melo is about making money and scoring points - that's all he cares about and all anyone expects from him at this point.

COMPLETELY wrong! I feel justified in my comment! All I have hear over the last couple of days from the talking heads is Melo! You guys know it to!Wink

Mike & Mike show ranted for 15 minutes about Melo today and made the comparison of how much pressure he is under in New York and his ONLY expectation in New York is to bring a title! LOL, what a hoot, yes, let's ask the fans of the biggest NBA city in the country is Melo is not expected to JUST score points and make money:lolrage:
ekff Wrote:What about Rose? Only a year ago people were saying he's a top 5 player.

Or what about CP3? He's been crowned the best PG in the league and now has some ok talent around him.

Rose is justified because the Bulls had the best record and #1 seed but he got hurt. No added expectations on him.

CP3 is the luckiest player in America. He is considered All-World but there are no playoff expectations on him. Pretty much get assists, have a SC highlight, and make the playoffs.

Has anyone heard anything differently?
Stardust Wrote:COMPLETELY wrong! I feel justified in my comment! All I have hear over the last couple of days from the talking heads is Melo! You guys know it to!Wink

Mike & Mike show ranted for 15 minutes about Melo today and made the comparison of how much pressure he is under in New York and his ONLY expectation in New York is to bring a title! LOL, what a hoot, yes, let's ask the fans of the biggest NBA city in the country is Melo is not expected to JUST score points and make money:lolrage:

The Knicks have 2 championships in their entire history as a franchise.
The last in 1973.
If the ONLY expectation in NY is to bring home a title then the city would have exploded by now because of the pressure that would bring.
^ We're talking about a team that was historically bad a few years ago.
A team that is still in the aftermath of Isaiah Thomas trading off nearly every draftpick for years, overpaying talent that never did anything, and is just now getting back under the salary cap.

Expectations are not very high in NY - and I honestly think that could be what Carmelo needs to break through.
Melo is one word. THUG.
zaga_fan explained it pretty well, he's not worried about titles, he's worried about the payday.
He is a bust in New York. How many games has a superstar just scored 2 points or less?
This guy during the Jeremy Lin era had a 2 point game. He's not a superstar, and he's not a team player. He is exactly what some are calling him, a bust!
With the players NY has, I don't know how they aren't doing better than they are really.

Amare
Tyson Chandler
Melo
Lin

I know a lot of you don't know Douglas, but he is a GREAT shooter. Not only is Melo underachieving, but the whole team is.
And as for the hot seat, I'm going with D Rose.
He does a disappearing act in the post-season it seems like, injury or not.
They finish the season with the best record and get the first ticket to go back home.

Basically what Lebron was doing in Cleveland. Finish with the best record but not getting it done.
^SEASON-ENDING INJURY! lol
^Hey, if Lebron had a season ending injury right before the playoffs you woulda never heard the end of it!
Kevin Durant went to the finals...
took a big bandwagon of my facebook friends with him...
and lost in 5 games.

The pressure is on him at this point.
^ Understand KD should get pressure... BUT a lot of ppl don't put pressure on KD because everytime they lose they blame Westbrook...
zaga_fan Wrote:The Knicks have 2 championships in their entire history as a franchise.
The last in 1973.
If the ONLY expectation in NY is to bring home a title then the city would have exploded by now because of the pressure that would bring.

Melon was brought to NYC for one reason and one reason only, and was not to score points and collect a paycheck. Your comment about the Knocks and expectations is as rediculoud as thinking that the Mete and Jets do not have THzr expectation to win the championship each and every year in New York
Stardust Wrote:Melon was brought to NYC for one reason and one reason only, and was not to score points and collect a paycheck. Your comment about the Knocks and expectations is as rediculoud as thinking that the Mete and Jets do not have THzr expectation to win the championship each and every year in New York

Everyone WANTS to win a championship...

but the Mets, Jets, and Knicks simply aren't franchises that have a storied history of dominating a sport and put the pressure on players and coaches to win one or move on.

Kentucky Basketball - If you don't compete for titles you're out
NY Yankees - If you don't compete for titles you're out
LA Lakers - If you don't compete for titles you're out
NE Patriots - If you don't compete for titles you're out

The Mets, Jets, and Knicks aren't on that level in my opinion.
The desire to win a championship is always there for those teams...
but the expectation that they WILL win it is not.
Their administration and players may think so...
but the Knicks haven't been a legit title contender since Ewing left town.
^ What the hell does that have to do with the expectations on Melo??? Melo was brought in for one reason and one reason only! That was to win championships in New York. Every prognosticator, social media pundent, and bum on the street expected that Melo, widely considered the 3rd best player in the league a few years back, was headed to NYC to win and win NOW. But this guy has never proven to be able to lead his NBA teams past the first round. If he doesn't in NYC, he will be considered a BUST!!! And that, is what this thread is about Wink
Pages: 1 2