Old Redhound Wrote:GRC
LCA
Tates Creek
South Laurel
Wayne Co
McCreary Co
Casey Co
Harlan

Are you trying to say Corbin doesn't have a easy schedule?

No im trying to say they do not have a coach and arent very good.

Corbin should go about 7-3, but they wont.
I think 5-5 would be a good year, but i expect 4-6, even with an easy schedule.
Old Redhound Wrote:GRC
LCA
Tates Creek
South Laurel
Wayne Co
McCreary Co
Casey Co
Harlan

Are you trying to say Corbin doesn't have a easy schedule?

GRC
Tates Creek
South Laurel
Wayne Co.

These 4 games could very well be losses for Corbin this year.
Dont be mad at corbin because your coach plays such a hard schedule.Knowing you dont have chance of even going.500..........so dont be a hater
hoops_town Wrote:GRC
Tates Creek
South Laurel
Wayne Co.

These 4 games could very well be losses for Corbin this year.

These will be crucial games for Corbin.

After hearing some early reports from practices, I'm not too confident about how this season is going to turn out.
^
Ive also heard some things.

Dont seem like the numbers are good at all.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Ive also heard some things.

Dont seem like the numbers are good at all.

Numbers are not that bad with over 50 out, which includes freshmen. They seem small up front and have to iron out a lot of kinks with the new offense they are apparently going to run.

Rumors of some controversy brewing as well...
fence jumper Wrote:Dont be mad at corbin because your coach plays such a hard schedule.Knowing you dont have chance of even going.500..........so dont be a hater

lol sorry buddy, Corbin is a thing of the past.

Theres no sense in even trying to get a rise out of anybody being a Corbin fan. Those days of the easiest region in the state are over.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Numbers are not that bad with over 50 out, which includes freshmen. They seem small up front and have to iron out a lot of kinks with the new offense they are apparently going to run.

Rumors of some controversy brewing as well...

Why is it theres always controversy of some sort within Corbin football to start the year?

Corbin will prolly go around 3-7 this year and it may spell the end for Jewell, however, Corbin will prolly keep him.
Hearing that part of the controversy is with the QB position. Waddle is one of the fastest kids on the team and very good athlete. While Taylor has better QB skills. One other big thing is the Taylor name is synonymous with Corbin football since the beginning of time.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Why is it theres always controversy of some sort within Corbin football to start the year?

Corbin will prolly go around 3-7 this year and it may spell the end for Jewell, however, Corbin will prolly keep him.

I think overall Jewell has done a good job at Corbin. Playing in the weakest district in the state for several years done alot to hurt Corbin. Gave them the sense of being alot better than they actually were. I do fault Jewell for not beefing up the non-district schedule while in that district.
hoops_town Wrote:Hearing that part of the controversy is with the QB position. Waddle is one of the fastest kids on the team and very good athlete. While Taylor has better QB skills. One other big thing is the Taylor name is synonymous with Corbin football since the beginning of time.

I will be surprised if Waddle is not the starting QB, not really room for him to play at an already crowded backfield. You have Jewell, Coppock & Powers competing for time at RB, with Anderson(who started part-time last year as a frosh) and Mills(returning from an injury that cost him his jr. season after seeing some time as a starter his sophomore season) at the FB spot.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:No im trying to say they do not have a coach and arent very good.

I don't think that Corbin really has an easy schedule. I looked it up on the Massey Rankings and it is rated the 7th hardest schedule in Class 3A and the 92nd overall in all classes.

Other area teams strength of schedules for 2012(all classes)
Whitley - 42
Williamsburg - 193
Lynn Camp - 187
Knox Central - 49
Bell Co - 60
South Laurel - 121
North Laurel - 155
SEKYFAN Wrote:I don't think that Corbin really has an easy schedule. I looked it up on the Massey Rankings and it is rated the 7th hardest schedule in Class 3A and the 92nd overall in all classes.

Whitley - 42
Williamsburg - 193
Lynn Camp - 187
Knox Central - 49
Bell Co - 60
South Laurel - 121
North Laurel - 155

Did you get my PM?
SEKYFAN Wrote:I don't think that Corbin really has an easy schedule. I looked it up on the Massey Rankings and it is rated the 7th hardest schedule in Class 3A and the 92nd overall in all classes.

Whitley - 42
Williamsburg - 193
Lynn Camp - 187
Knox Central - 49
Bell Co - 60
South Laurel - 121
North Laurel - 155

The way i look at it though is how will there schedule help prepare them for Bell?
There non district games are against a pass happy South team, a North team that will struggle, and two teams in Tates Creek and GRC that have usually been a balanced offense.
No where in that mess is a team that will run it down there throat or be as physical as Bell.

Good info though, i enjoy stuff like that and its hard to find on some occasions.
If Whitley would get Lynn Camp and Clay off the schedule and replace them with a Corbin and Knox, that 42 would prolly be a 21.
Got a link? Id like to know what teams are higher.
I will have to give credit to Jewell on one thing....

The man has been excellent at scheduling teams with "names" while being down or not playing at the level they have in the past. You really can't decide how tough a schedule is (was) till the end of the season.

When you look to the future, Corbin may be in real trouble, their 8th grade team did not win a game and was plastered by North 56-0 last season.

I see Corbin really struggling this season, too bad for a once might program under Powers and Adams, which has now fallen on hard times.
BriarCreekBrave Wrote:I will have to give credit to Jewell on one thing....

The man has been excellent at scheduling teams with "names" while being down or not playing at the level they have in the past. You really can't decide how tough a schedule is (was) till the end of the season.

When you look to the future, Corbin may be in real trouble, their 8th grade team did not win a game and was plastered by North 56-0 last season.

I see Corbin really struggling this season, too bad for a once might program under Powers and Adams, which has now fallen on hard times.

Corbin cried wanting a change at the end of the Adams era. Mom always told me to be careful what you wish for? Couldn't of happened to a better bunch! The ones who ran Adams out should stand up and take credit for the direction the program has taken.
I love how these Whitley fans that went 3-8 last year are worried about Corbin 7-5 and their coach, bottom line since 06 Corbin 59-20 Whitley 32-38. I believe that Jewell is in greater damage of losing his job than Black, because of the expectation level at Corbin. This time next year you might see Tom Greer at Corbin and Paul Rains at Whitley.:argue:
Dont know how these whitley people are on here saying corbin will go 5-5.But would bet 100 dollars they win twice the games whitley does this year. AND THATS A FACT
T1up Wrote:I love how these Whitley fans that went 3-8 last year are worried about Corbin 7-5 and their coach, bottom line since 06 Corbin 59-20 Whitley 32-38. I believe that Jewell is in greater damage of losing his job than Black, because of the expectation level at Corbin. This time next year you might see Tom Greer at Corbin and Paul Rains at Whitley.:argue:

Tom Greer coaching at Corbin could indeed be in the near future. I heard he was recently hired as an asst. principal at Corbin.
fence jumper Wrote:Dont know how these whitley people are on here saying corbin will go 5-5.But would bet 100 dollars they win twice the games whitley does this year. AND THATS A FACT

You are probably right. Those 4 games that I pointed out as key games are all at Corbin and Corbin is very tough to beat at home. Whitley plays a very difficult schedule so 5-5 is probably best they can hope for. A couple of stumbles and they could be 3-7 again.
wildone89 Wrote:Corbin cried wanting a change at the end of the Adams era. Mom always told me to be careful what you wish for? Couldn't of happened to a better bunch! The ones who ran Adams out should stand up and take credit for the direction the program has taken.

I played for Adams at Whitley.
Talk about showing how smart tha admin at Corbin was.
Hell, Adams would have still been king there had they not run him off for joke coaches like Whitaker and Jewell.

Dont get me wrong im glad it happened. I got to play for him and learn from him and he may be the best football mind this area has ever seen.
T1up Wrote:I love how these Whitley fans that went 3-8 last year are worried about Corbin 7-5 and their coach, bottom line since 06 Corbin 59-20 Whitley 32-38. I believe that Jewell is in greater damage of losing his job than Black, because of the expectation level at Corbin. This time next year you might see Tom Greer at Corbin and Paul Rains at Whitley.:argue:

What expectation level at Corbin?
Youve run through a 4 team district that included mccreary, casey, and wayne for years and then would get smacked in the playoffs. I can worry about anything i want to its a public forum. This isnt a thread about Whitley, if you want to post about them then go to a Whitley thread and make a prediction there.
I would love for you to tell me that Corbin could have done better with Whitleys schedule last year.....Yes, you would have also beat lowly Lynn Camp and Clay County, but you would not have beaten Somerset or any other team on that schedule or even played some games close as we did.
The all high and mighty Corbin stuff is over with. You wannt talk about bottom lines, play the same schedule or how about playing us, once you get a coach thats not afraid of them embarrasment of losing to the county and then we will see about the bottom line.
The last time you all challenged somebody in this county, Williamsburg showed up.

Now, as i said, Corbin will go 5-5 at best. It will be proven come Novemeber when your no longer a user on this site (maybe by september) and im trying to tell you i told you so. As for your Whitley comments, I wouldnt be surprised if we go 5-5 or worse, but hey im not boasting my programs as you are.
fence jumper Wrote:Dont know how these whitley people are on here saying corbin will go 5-5.But would bet 100 dollars they win twice the games whitley does this year. AND THATS A FACT

How is that a FACT if the season hasnt even started yet DA.

:gtfo:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I played for Adams at Whitley.
Talk about showing how smart tha admin at Corbin was.
Hell, Adams would have still been king there had they not run him off for joke coaches like Whitaker and Jewell.

Dont get me wrong im glad it happened. I got to play for him and learn from him and he may be the best football mind this area has ever seen.

I sat in the stands and heard time and time again how they wanted an up to date offense and needed to get out of the stone age! Whitaker and the possibility of couch was all that was needed to do Adams in! It really was sad from an outsider looking in but that's all water under the bridge! The grass isn't always greener on the other side! They should do a 60 on 60 for the stupidest ever move by a school adm. Lol
To run it up the gut .Whitley had a chance to be real good this year if they would have put in the forward pass in the offence.dalton sizemore would be the qb right now but like your name they rather take boston up the gut.dont take me wrong boston is a great player but at the next level will be a lineman
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:What expectation level at Corbin?
Youve run through a 4 team district that included mccreary, casey, and wayne for years and then would get smacked in the playoffs. I can worry about anything i want to its a public forum. This isnt a thread about Whitley, if you want to post about them then go to a Whitley thread and make a prediction there.
I would love for you to tell me that Corbin could have done better with Whitleys schedule last year.....Yes, you would have also beat lowly Lynn Camp and Clay County, but you would not have beaten Somerset or any other team on that schedule or even played some games close as we did.
The all high and mighty Corbin stuff is over with. You wannt talk about bottom lines, play the same schedule or how about playing us, once you get a coach thats not afraid of them embarrasment of losing to the county and then we will see about the bottom line.
The last time you all challenged somebody in this county, Williamsburg showed up.

Now, as i said, Corbin will go 5-5 at best. It will be proven come Novemeber when your no longer a user on this site (maybe by september) and im trying to tell you i told you so. As for your Whitley comments, I wouldnt be surprised if we go 5-5 or worse, but hey im not boasting my programs as you are.

YEAH anybody can play a tough schedule and lose by 30 every friday night, bottom line is Whitley is not even competitve with these teams.
LOST TO RUSSELL BY 30 POINTs
LOST TO ROCKCASTLE BY 33 POINTS
LOST TO BOYLE BY 39 POINTS
LOST TO SOUTHWEST 30 POINTS
LOST TO HARLAN BY 26 POINTS
LOST TO BELL BY 23 POINTS
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:No im trying to say they do not have a coach and arent very good.

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:What expectation level at Corbin?
Youve run through a 4 team district that included mccreary, casey, and wayne for years and then would get smacked in the playoffs.

McCreary has only been in Corbin's district 1 year. Their district over the last 10 years included Russell Co., Garrard Co. & Casey, then Russell Co. moved up to 3A and was replaced by Wayne Co. The KHSAA then moved Corbin to the east and the district included Middlesboro, Leslie Co. and Knott before they moved up to 3A last year, in a district with Bell, Wayne, Casey & McCreary.

If you go back over the last 10 years, Corbin has actually fared pretty well in the playoffs, which the following breakdown of when they were beaten out will show.

state finals - 1
state semifinals - 3
region finals - 4
2nd round - 2
SEKYFAN Wrote:McCreary has only been in Corbin's district 1 year. Their district over the last 10 years included Russell Co., Garrard Co. & Casey, then Russell Co. moved up to 3A and was replaced by Wayne Co. The KHSAA then moved Corbin to the east and the district included Middlesboro, Leslie Co. and Knott before they moved up to 3A last year, in a district with Bell, Wayne, Casey & McCreary.

If you go back over the last 10 years, Corbin has actually fared pretty well in the playoffs, which the following breakdown of when they were beaten out will show.

state finals - 1
state semifinals - 3
region finals - 4
2nd round - 2

Corbin never had to play anyone until the state semis.
Every now and then they would have to get ahold of a good Pburg team in the Region championship and thats as hard as it ever got.
Im not a khsaa.org hound like all of you Corbin fans, so im not going to go post results and spend 30 minutes telling you the easy schedule and playoff that Corbin has had in the past.
fence jumper Wrote:To run it up the gut .Whitley had a chance to be real good this year if they would have put in the forward pass in the offence.dalton sizemore would be the qb right now but like your name they rather take boston up the gut.dont take me wrong boston is a great player but at the next level will be a lineman

This is what im talking about.
I know your realitively new to this site, but this post has absouloutly nothing to do with Corbin and were in a Corbin thread. Forward pass or not and Sizemore or not we'd still be running the football. I cant help the fact that he was shopped around to about eevery school in the mountain, but once again, if you want to bring up Whitley, bring it up in a Whitley thread.
T1up Wrote:YEAH anybody can play a tough schedule and lose by 30 every friday night, bottom line is Whitley is not even competitve with these teams.
LOST TO RUSSELL BY 30 POINTs
LOST TO ROCKCASTLE BY 33 POINTS
LOST TO BOYLE BY 39 POINTS
LOST TO SOUTHWEST 30 POINTS
LOST TO HARLAN BY 26 POINTS
LOST TO BELL BY 23 POINTS

You all did so good with comparable opponents.
Bell beat Corbin worse, 42-14. Thats 28 points.
Also, the 62-7 loss to the best team they face in Central was quite nice.
Dont tell me Corbin wouldnt have gotten beat just as bad by the teams listed above.
Dont try to turn this on us. Bottom line is, you wouldnt be competetive either and the biggest bottom line is, this thread isnt about Whitley. Stay on topic.