Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin - 2012
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I believe Harrison Reedy was among several others that quit. I think the number is around 8-10 players that have quit since the first of the year. Several of which would have either started or contributed.

Corbin does seem to have good numbers out for next year, 55-60 according to a quote from Coach Jewell in the paper.
I expect Corbin to dress about 40 varsity players.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I expect Corbin to dress about 40 varsity players.

I look for Corbin to dress over 50. Whitley I'm afraid will be close to 40.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Corbin does seem to have good numbers out for next year, 55-60 according to a quote from Coach Jewell in the paper.

The names that I have heard that could have potentially contributed this season were Harrison Reedy, nick vorbeck, Evan grissell, Derek Eubanks, and the nantz boy who played on the line. The hopper kid was among these but I've since been told that he is back out for the team. There were a couple others that also quit but I wouldn't see them having an impact on the team as of right now.
footballfever Wrote:I look for Corbin to dress over 50. Whitley I'm afraid will be close to 40.

I didnt say dress. Id said VARSITY. Corbin will have around 40 Varsity players and 15 Freshmen most likely.

As for Whitley, which has nothing to do with this thread, but i still like how you took a shot, we will dress around 60.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I didnt say dress. Id said VARSITY. Corbin will have around 40 Varsity players and 15 Freshmen most likely.

As for Whitley, which has nothing to do with this thread, but i still like how you took a shot, we will dress around 60.

If you are a freshman and play varsity does that make you varsity, freshman or both? If your a soph, jr or senior and never see the field are you considered varsity? So, Corbin will dress 40 soph, jr and seniors and 15 fresh. Whitley will dress 60 fr, soph, jrs and sr. Have I got this right.
I started to go post on the Whitley thread about numbers but I thought I'd save you and me time by posting one 1 topic because I knew even though it had nothing to do with the Corbin thread you would still comment on it.
I hope Whitley can dress 60 and I personally don't care how many Corbin dress.
footballfever Wrote:If you are a freshman and play varsity does that make you varsity, freshman or both? If your a soph, jr or senior and never see the field are you considered varsity? So, Corbin will dress 40 soph, jr and seniors and 15 fresh. Whitley will dress 60 fr, soph, jrs and sr. Have I got this right.
I started to go post on the Whitley thread about numbers but I thought I'd save you and me time by posting one 1 topic because I knew even though it had nothing to do with the Corbin thread you would still comment on it.
I hope Whitley can dress 60 and I personally don't care how many Corbin dress.

lol you get to worked up fever.
I was just picking at you. I enjoy reading your comments as your one of the very few people on this site knowledgable about Wburg, Whitley, and Corbin.

I consider varsity to be soph, juniors, and seniors. I dont really count Fresh as most of the times schools like Whitley will have 30 Varsity players and 20 fresh which makes it appear like we have 50 players, when in reality, half of those are fresh that will never see the field.
I do like how Black had started not dressing freshman in varsity games, especially road games.
To be honest, i can see about 40 soph, juniors, and seniors, while we should have a pretty good frosh class with around 20.
The only thing that matters however, is the 11 you go on the field.
We definitely need to improve our numbers though.
Do you see us falling off to 40 by seasons start?
Corbin 2012

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...fb12/37408

Aug 17, 12 George Rogers Clark home 7:30 PM
Aug 25, 12 Lexington Christian home 8:45 PM Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic
Aug 31, 12 Tates Creek away 7:30 PM
Sep 7, 12 Danville away 7:30 PM
Sep 14, 12 South Laurel home 7:30 PM
Sep 28, 12 Wayne County home 7:30 PM
Oct 4, 12 McCreary Central away 7:30 PM
Oct 12, 12 Bell County home 7:30 PM
Oct 19, 12 Casey County away 7:30 PM
Oct 26, 12 Harlan home 7:30 PM
Corbin may go 0-4 to start or maybe 0-5 or 0-6 and then may go 3-7. That will spell the end of Steve Jewell.
So which is it? From this thread, Corbin is on the rise from a young team last year with tons of talent and numbers returning, or they are a team that will struggle to 3-7 to 5-5 and possibly lose their coach.
I believe the Redhounds will be an improved team over last year, with more offensive threats. There are 7 kids that will be starting for the third year, five on offense, four on defense and two of those both ways. I wouldn't be surprised it 4 - 7 sophomores start. Are they ready to compete with Bell Co. in the district and Central in the Region? I'm not sure, but the Redhounds will be there to find out.
If the Redhounds start 6-7 sophomores, a 4-6 record is a real possibility.
4-6 is a pretty god estimate.
A lot of people think Wayne will compete for the 2nd spot in district behind Bell.
I think if Corbin goes 3-7, they will be looking for a new head coach.
Wayne returns nearly everyone and should have beat Corbin last year. Had a big lead and let it slip away. Wayne will finish 2nd the district. Corbin will play a bunch of young kids and will struggle to put up points.
At different points in last year Corbin started 4 freshman. Our leading tackler was a freshman.
TopCat Wrote:Wayne returns nearly everyone and should have beat Corbin last year. Had a big lead and let it slip away. Wayne will finish 2nd the district. Corbin will play a bunch of young kids and will struggle to put up points.

Wayne will be second in the district for sure.
West 80 Wrote:Corbin may go 0-4 to start or maybe 0-5 or 0-6 and then may go 3-7. That will spell the end of Steve Jewell.

Corbin needs to go 3-2 in the first 5 games, which I believe they will.

I agree with Old Redhound in that Corbin should be a better team this year, not sure how that will translate in wins and losses. They just did not lose that much and all the freshman that played are a year older, wiser and stronger.
Old Redhound Wrote:I believe the Redhounds will be an improved team over last year, with more offensive threats. There are 7 kids that will be starting for the third year, five on offense, four on defense and two of those both ways. I wouldn't be surprised it 4 - 7 sophomores start. Are they ready to compete with Bell Co. in the district and Central in the Region? I'm not sure, but the Redhounds will be there to find out.

Will Powers get to play offense this year? I believe that he and Coppock could really make a powerful combination in the backfield. I have heard some good things about a couple of other sophomores who did not really play any varsity last year.
Well one loss I think will be vs South Laurel, they have a lot back.
West 80 Wrote:Well one loss I think will be vs South Laurel, they have a lot back.

Another will be Bell.
West 80 Wrote:Well one loss I think will be vs South Laurel, they have a lot back.

They might lose to South Laurel. Corbin has struggled against teams with good passing attacks for the last 10 years or so.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Will Powers get to play offense this year? I believe that he and Coppock could really make a powerful combination in the backfield. I have heard some good things about a couple of other sophomores who did not really play any varsity last year.

One would think that Powers would get some carries out of the backfield this season, but i'm sure whoever is in the backfield will mostly be blocking for Jewell.
If Corbin lose to South, theyll go 3-7
hoops_town Wrote:One would think that Powers would get some carries out of the backfield this season, but i'm sure whoever is in the backfield will mostly be blocking for Jewell.

If you are right, this may make the natives restless....

Powers is a load. I was told that they did not want to play him both ways last year as freshman, and maybe that would have been asking a lot since he was the starting MLB. He and Coppock are both going to be very good RB's over the next 3 years.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If Corbin lose to South, theyll go 3-7
corbin will go 8-2 or 7-3 at worst
goBIGblue82 Wrote:The names that I have heard that could have potentially contributed this season were Harrison Reedy, nick vorbeck, Evan grissell, Derek Eubanks, and the nantz boy who played on the line. The hopper kid was among these but I've since been told that he is back out for the team. There were a couple others that also quit but I wouldn't see them having an impact on the team as of right now.

Are the Reedy brothers playing?
SEKYFAN Wrote:Are the Reedy brothers playing?

From what I have been told Harrison Reedy is not playing. However, his twin brother william and younger brother andrew are playing.
fence jumper Wrote:corbin will go 8-2 or 7-3 at worst

lol.
Please, do tell.

Whos games do they win?
GRC
LCA
Tates Creek
South Laurel
Wayne Co
McCreary Co
Casey Co
Harlan

Are you trying to say Corbin doesn't have a easy schedule?
goBIGblue82 Wrote:From what I have been told Harrison Reedy is not playing. However, his twin brother william and younger brother andrew are playing.

Is Harrison the one who started some last year as a freshman? If so, he appeared to be one of the best athletes on the team.

What's the story behind him not playing?