Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Kentucky All State Baseball
3ballstrokin Wrote:Full of hot air. People are always talking about how much better he is. Not saying he isn't. As if he is the only piston in the Pikeville engine.

And IMO, the 2011 team was better 1-9 than the 2010 team. I strongly believe that bunch could have won state last year. If it weren't for that crazy pitching decision in region.
Dont know about the piston but would agree with the carb. If you compare the two teams how about starting with the success by each.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Dont know about the piston but would agree with the carb. If you compare the two teams how about starting with the success by each.

Then i would compare a hot streak during the post season to one of the best season records ever recorded in KHSAA history
3ballstrokin Wrote:Then i would compare a hot streak during the post season to one of the best season records ever recorded in KHSAA history
It is all about the finish. A great season and short end is a far cry from a State Championship.As to the coaching call with the pitching change perhaps you are correct. I do not know. If I may suggest, apply. When you get the job look for a Gavin Miller for your line up.
1 player cant win ball games buddy. It's gonna take way more then that in my lineup. Jake Ham is a better hitter than gavin i think. Just not as powerful

The 2011 team could have won state, if the substitution would have been made and 4 more outs completed
3ballstrokin Wrote:1 player cant win ball games buddy. It's gonna take way more then that in my lineup. Jake Ham is a better hitter than gavin i think. Just not as powerful

The 2011 team could have won state, if the substitution would have been made and 4 more outs completed
Normally one player cannot win a game. It has happened however. Ever see a pitcher throw a no no and have a homer in a 1-0 shut out. Pretty close I am thinking. By the way "Bud" (if) the little frog had wings!!!!!!!!!!(NFR)
I have absolutely no problem admitting the 2011 team was better 1-9 and with the arms they had. But, when you look back 30 years from now, the 2010 version will look better. That is how sports are viewed historically.

No reason to get riled up over it, however, it can be a fun thing to discuss in a friendly manner. I prefer just to enjoy the nice 4 year run that we have had. It has been really fun, filled with great wins and heartbreaking losses.
None of this will matter this time next year. Mr. Hollin will be signing his first pro contract. Gotta get momma a new house.